What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** The Bridge on FX - Christofficial *** (1 Viewer)

No they did a pretty good job of hinting that she's "off." I swear some people want to get hit over the head with a shovel. Maybe she should have taken a break from her investigation to call her doc for a refill on her "asbergers" medication.
Yeah, like the very first scene where she was more worried about yelling at people about letting the ambulance through rather than just working the scene. Then sniffing her armpit. Then taking her shirt off in the squad room. Then filing a complaint with the Mexican authorities about the Mexican cop letting the ambulance through even though one of her first interactions with the Mexican cop was asking him about all Mexican cops being corrupt. Then calling him at 4:00 a.m. about a body that had been frozen. Then going ape #### crazy about the Mexican cop starting to pull the cassette out.

No hints there.
good catches. I thought the hint was the horsey on the jean jacket.

No they did a pretty good job of hinting that she's "off." I swear some people want to get hit over the head with a shovel. Maybe she should have taken a break from her investigation to call her doc for a refill on her "asbergers" medication.
Yeah, like the very first scene where she was more worried about yelling at people about letting the ambulance through rather than just working the scene. Then sniffing her armpit. Then taking her shirt off in the squad room. Then filing a complaint with the Mexican authorities about the Mexican cop letting the ambulance through even though one of her first interactions with the Mexican cop was asking him about all Mexican cops being corrupt. Then calling him at 4:00 a.m. about a body that had been frozen. Then going ape #### crazy about the Mexican cop starting to pull the cassette out.

No hints there.
good catches. I thought the hint was the horsey on the jean jacket.
:style:

When I posted that she was quite different, I was only like 10 minutes into the episode. It became crystal clear as the episode went on.

I liked the first episode; a lot of potential. Considering the time of the year, there's not much else to watch so I'm definitely in.

I'll give it another watch. I kind of nodded off as I mentioned earlier and wasn't paying the closest attention.

That said, I'm glad to see Jesse Pinkman's last girlfriend found work as a cub reporter. :thumbup:

When I posted that she was quite different, I was only like 10 minutes into the episode. It became crystal clear as the episode went on.

I liked the first episode; a lot of potential. Considering the time of the year, there's not much else to watch so I'm definitely in.
Hell, I stuck with The Killing for the whole first season. I can give this a few weeks.

No hints there.
The interview with the husband alone was a dead giveaway that something is up with her.

Yeah, like the very first scene where she was more worried about yelling at people about letting the ambulance through rather than just working the scene. Then sniffing her armpit. Then taking her shirt off in the squad room. Then filing a complaint with the Mexican authorities about the Mexican cop letting the ambulance through even though one of her first interactions with the Mexican cop was asking him about all Mexican cops being corrupt. Then calling him at 4:00 a.m. about a body that had been frozen. Then going ape #### crazy about the Mexican cop starting to pull the cassette out.No hints there.
it's not only about the hints, it's the way they talk about her. Sure, we get there's something up with her, but calling someone with Asperger's or whatever, crazy and weird probably isn't the best way to go about it. It would have been better if no comments were made about her and we just see her personality come into play more and more.

No hints there.
I swear some people want to get hit over the head with a shovel.
As christo pointed out, you were beat over the head with it...it was just done poorly.

anyone who couldnt figure out that the main chick had Aspergers should probably stick with ABC Family shows.

Like the main dude, he brings a real presence to his scenes. Very good pilot IMO.

anyone who couldnt figure out that the main chick had Aspergers should probably stick with ABC Family shows.

Like the main dude, he brings a real presence to his scenes. Very good pilot IMO.
Pretty much this. Granted don't expect everyone to know the specifics, but you should realize there's more to her than what's being portrayed.

Pretty much this. Granted don't expect everyone to know the specifics, but you should realize there's more to her than what's being portrayed.
And the show wasnt even that subtle about it. They had the secretary and another cop say something like "You are working with her? She is crazy dude"

Hell, I stuck with The Killing for the whole first season. I can give this a few weeks.
I've already said all I'm going to say about that show and I'm still chugging along in season 3. Same rational. I think that's a solid show and certainly good enough considering the viewing options during the summer.

17 minutes in, and really hoping it gets better

too many cliches - it's iike something you'd see on CBS...

ooh now here's the "get the hell out of my house"

The writing for this one was pretty bad. A bunch of TV tropes stitched together. Shows signs that there is an interesting story to be told, but the execution is trite.

3.5/10

It was interesting and more fun to watch than not, but not nearly as compelling as it could / should be. Worth watching but not yet worth making sure I'm home or have the DVR set.

Sonia's hold her earpiece and phone shtick is annoying.
I - literally - had never been so annoyed in my life watching a TV show as when she continually did this. Seriously came close to throwing my remote at the TV. I could handle all the Asberger's stuff but this is where I draw the line.

Kruger has potential but I don't see anyone else who has enough charisma to carry this. It's the same problem with The Americans too. Russel and Kruger can get you by but the male leads are not a draw.

Well, I loved it. I though the atmosphere was fascinating and the dialogue crackled pretty well. I had forgotten how beautiful Diane Kruger is. Her acting is off the charts here - I know some people with Asperger and she nailed it. Love Bichir as well, and I went to school with Annabeth Gish, so it's nice to see her as well.

I'm hooked.

Sonia's hold her earpiece and phone shtick is annoying.
I - literally - had never been so annoyed in my life watching a TV show as when she continually did this. Seriously came close to throwing my remote at the TV. I could handle all the Asberger's stuff but this is where I draw the line.
Yeah it was odd. Was wondering if she was listening to an Ipod at times. Quickly realized she wasn't of course but it was distracting.

Kruger has potential but I don't see anyone else who has enough charisma to carry this. It's the same problem with The Americans too. Russel and Kruger can get you by but the male leads are not a draw.
I thought the guy playing the Mexican cop did a very good job and has as much or more potential to create a very good character.

I also disagree with you on The Americans. I like both of the male leads.

the male lead in americans blows russel out of the water

I do agree on this show, although the Mexican cop is pretty interesting - not enough on its own and better as a really great secondary personality though.

Couldn't disagree more on the Americans. From the CIA lady, the love interests (dead and alive at this point) up to the leads I think you have characters from many angles that viewers generally care about and find interesting, some depth, and many that you root for, but there's something you don't like or tht bothers you, as well.

Back to The Bridge, again, only the Mexican Cop, IMO, had any of that... Seems more plot driven than character.

Well, I loved it. I though the atmosphere was fascinating and the dialogue crackled pretty well. I had forgotten how beautiful Diane Kruger is. Her acting is off the charts here - I know some people with Asperger and she nailed it. Love Bichir as well, and I went to school with Annabeth Gish, so it's nice to see her as well.

I'm hooked.
This. The non explosion as a nice touch as well.

I thought it was pretty good. I'm in for a bit more.

What do you think was in the basement closet at the ranch?

Just caught last night's episode. Liking it so far and they are doing a nice job of slowly introducing more screen time to the secondary characters.

Really good call on the actor doing the reading 3 years ago. Nice, did not see that one coming.

Second episode was outstanding. Loved, loved, loved DK's pickup approach in the bar and her bafflement at Marco's wife calling him for no reason. Bichir had more to do than in the pilot and was very convincingly tough. Also an excellent job of world-building as some of the supporting characters came together. And good call on the voice actor - that was a nifty twist. I also liked the sense of how vast the border area is, something that's really easy to forget (for any area) when zooming around in cars and trucks.

Basically, if you write a well-crafted mystery for a cop show and add in a breathtakingly gorgeous gal as one of the leads, AND she acts the hell out of the role, yeah, I'm down.

Love the job Ted Levine is doing, too. Just great stuff.

Second episode was outstanding. Loved, loved, loved DK's pickup approach in the bar and her bafflement at Marco's wife calling him for no reason. Bichir had more to do than in the pilot and was very convincingly tough. Also an excellent job of world-building as some of the supporting characters came together. And good call on the voice actor - that was a nifty twist. I also liked the sense of how vast the border area is, something that's really easy to forget (for any area) when zooming around in cars and trucks.

Basically, if you write a well-crafted mystery for a cop show and add in a breathtakingly gorgeous gal as one of the leads, AND she acts the hell out of the role, yeah, I'm down.

Wouldn't the world be a great place if all women used that MO?

Wouldn't the world be a great place if all women used that MO?
:hifive: Bonus points if they look like Diane.

Loved how she was sticking her hand down her pants and naturally the next step is to just go to a bar and ask some random dude to have sex with her. The dude's reactions throughout the whole process were pretty awesome as well. Then she just comes out and tells Buffalo Bill that she had sex the next day. Love her character. And she's smoking hot.

Loved how she was sticking her hand down her pants and naturally the next step is to just go to a bar and ask some random dude to have sex with her. The dude's reactions throughout the whole process were pretty awesome as well. Then she just comes out and tells Buffalo Bill that she had sex the next day. Love her character. And she's smoking hot.
NutterButter gets it. :yes:

That was the best part. He reacted just like 99% of us would--looking around for the Punk'd cameras.

Liked the second episode a lot. Probably will give it another watch to catch up on things I may have not noticed, since this seems like one of those shows where they pack a lot of detail into it.

And now that I've made the Aspergers connection, I like how Krueger is doing with it.

That was the best part. He reacted just like 99% of us would--looking around for the Punk'd cameras.
"Thank you" was so cute. And yeah, his reactions were great. I hope we see that dude again; closed captioning gave him a name (Paul) and he was one of the guest stars named in the title sequence as opposed to the closing credits, so I took that as a good sign he might return.

His reaction after the deed as well. Complete role reversal where he seemed to feel used.

Users who are viewing this thread