What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** The Bridge on FX - Christofficial *** (1 Viewer)

Thought it started strong. The revenge plot sucked. Having a hard time getting back on board after reading the Grantland piece on this show though.

dparker713 said:
Thought it started strong. The revenge plot sucked. Having a hard time getting back on board after reading the Grantland piece on this show though.
So glowing review makes it harder for you to get back on board?

The show definitely seems to be heading in the right direction after the unfortunate revenge story.

dparker713 said:
So glowing review makes it harder for you to get back on board?

The show definitely seems to be heading in the right direction after the unfortunate revenge story.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9717676/as-season-1-fx-bridge-winds-author-lived-juarez-takes-issue-s-portrayal-border

Hardly a glowing review.

dparker713 said:
So glowing review makes it harder for you to get back on board?The show definitely seems to be heading in the right direction after the unfortunate revenge story.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9717676/as-season-1-fx-bridge-winds-author-lived-juarez-takes-issue-s-portrayal-border

Hardly a glowing review.
Oh, I meant the review of the latest episode.

Finally got around to finishing the season. I don't think I'll be back for another. It had potential but I just don't seem to really care for these people. The tunnel storyline sucks. Mumblemouth savior isn't very interesting and I've gotten tired of the Sonya character.

It's a really good and very interesting show, but I'm not a fan of the painful to watch graphic violence, especially as they have not found a balance of lightness to counteract that reality, nor lighthearted funny moments

It's a really good and very interesting show, but I'm not a fan of the painful to watch graphic violence, especially as they have not found a balance of lightness to counteract that reality, nor lighthearted funny moments
A TV show about cartels worth its salt isn't going to be happy go lucky at any point.

A TV show about cartels worth its salt isn't going to be happy go lucky at any point.
Yeah, I think SLC Punk's drunk shtick is about as close as we're going to get.

Disagree totally.

For one, even amongst the worst men, you have soft spots and times of more human normalcy. Family, celebration, sport.

Second, you have plenty of opportunity to show tangents that bring levity. The families or friends of protagonists. The distractions we all look for to ease the pain of life.

A great drama will know they to get the most impact from the violent and disturbing there should be a balance and contrast. In addition, a viewer gets far more range of emotion and ability to "breathe" mentally by having some more variation on the movies emotional texture.

Game of Thrones or the Sopranos are just two such examples.

I'm really liking this season, even if I'm still not sure the show has much of a handle on the big picture, like last season. Maybe they do, but it's unclear yet.

But I really love the characters, and enjoy the watching this world.

I could watch Sonya and Hank talk about pretty much anything all day long. Love Marco. They've introduced a potential game changer with the churchy Psycho. That actress is fantastic in this role so far. New DEA guy has some great potential.

I enjoy this show more than any other FX show, outside of Justified, and think it can be a worthy successor. (I can't seem to ever enjoy Americans as much as I'd like to)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really liked the pace of the last episode. It's the banter between Sonya and Hank and other "human" moments that make the brutality that much more impactful and a bit easy to take down as a viewer.

I'm really liking this season, even if I'm still not sure the show has much of a handle on the big picture, like last season. Maybe they do, but it's unclear yet.

I could watch Sonya and Hank talk about pretty much anything all day long. Love Marco. They've introduced a potential game changer with the churchy Psycho. That actress is fantastic in this role so far. New DEA guy has some great potential.

I enjoy this show more than any other FX show, outside of Justified, and think it can be a worthy successor. (I can't seem to ever enjoy Americans as much as I'd like to)
The new DEA agent used to play Jerry on ER.

God, I'm old and watch too much television

Holy ####. Good catch.

He also appeared on Married With Children. Bud Bundy had sex with his girlfriend.

Best show on TV right now.

Season 1 was an awkward C+ mix of good and bad; season 2 is solidly B+.

The acting and production is ready; if the storyline can keep up we got ourselves a fun ride for the next two or three years.

Last edited by a moderator:

The acting and production is ready; if the storyline can keep up we got ourselves a fun ride for the next two or three years.
I wouldn't quite go that far, but it's one of the my favorite shows on TV at the moment. I just choose to pretend the serial killer thing never happened.

There's never enough Hank. Hank kicking whatshisface's ### 2 episodes ago was so awesome.

This season is stronger than season 1. I got caught up on the last two episodes last night, and they were good. Too bad Charlotte's obnoxious boyfriend wasn't there at the shootout. The actress that plays Charlotte is going to be the new sheriff this season on Sons of Anarchy.

Catching up on last two episodes. This season has been entertaining but I've had no urgency to watch the new episodes weekly. Based on the updates in this thread I guess I'm not alone. Hope we get a third season. Sonja is still smokin hot, and loves the d. They seemed to have downplayed her asbergers this season.

Wow. Shootout was intense, adios Kubiak and Charlotte. Looking forward to seeing Eleanor's pet dad at some point. And the sleazy Mexican businessman's daughter. And Sonya peeing.

Just caught up on the last 3 episodes. Loved that the massacre scene which was shown at the beginning of the season was put into context. Also love how the show puts the whole drug war problem into perspective. The difference between good guys and bad guys gets blurred on both sides of the border and a lot of people are working in their own self interest rather than for the common good. The bad guys are fighting for control and the biggest piece of the pie (money) and the good guys are fighting over who takes down and gets credit for taking down the bad guys.

I think this show has gotten really good. the first season was just okay for me, partly because I didn't really know where it was going, and I think they intentionally left some things unclear to the audience (e.g. is mumblemouth guy good or bad?). but I think this season has been a lot better.

side note: someone on the crew must be a fan of The Office. a few weeks ago we had Kevin as a recovering addict, and last week was David Wallace as a veterinarian.

The Kevin from the Office and what's his face coke binge/Rush jamout was awesome. Well, until it got a little sad, but still awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread