What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** The Bridge on FX - Christofficial *** (1 Viewer)

Loving this show a lot, more so than Justified, which would be it's next closest comparison, IMO. Real interested to see how the sideburns/daughter/cartel man angle goes.

Oh, and it's like the writers read this forum because they gave us more secks with Charlotte. :thumbup:
It's got the feel of a quality show and I generally like the characters, but it's still a long way from that for me. "Justified" dropped Mags Bennett into our lives in Season 2 and followed it with 2 more seasons without a major drop in quality.

I trust the rookie "Bridge" will take us somewhere interesting, but we still haven't really seen it yet.

Agreed on Charlotte. More secks and very well done on that.

Sending the Cougar Town dude down on La Jefa was certainly very interesting, though obviously quite unsettling (which is fine).

not digging the workout guy character angle. did really enjoy the shot of rich lady riding the pony though.
She needed somebody to help her.
weak sauce.
You think she was going to stand up to that old Mexican woman herself?
so far his character is lame/not very believable. the whole story line involving him is weak. it detracts from the show. mean mexican drug lord/coyote/horse killer just says, "ok, same as before, we'll deal with you now" hopefully he gets killed soon. and i'm wondering what he wants to send into mexico. not much flows that way.
:lol: :bow: :shock: wtf. that was a funny weird ### twist. and ok, guns would work.
I think you meant " that was a weird :P :yucky: :brush: Twist"

:X

not digging the workout guy character angle. did really enjoy the shot of rich lady riding the pony though.
She needed somebody to help her.
weak sauce.
You think she was going to stand up to that old Mexican woman herself?
so far his character is lame/not very believable. the whole story line involving him is weak. it detracts from the show. mean mexican drug lord/coyote/horse killer just says, "ok, same as before, we'll deal with you now" hopefully he gets killed soon. and i'm wondering what he wants to send into mexico. not much flows that way.
:lol: :bow: :shock: wtf. that was a funny weird ### twist. and ok, guns would work.
Yeah, we are the gun capital of the world.

Loving this show a lot, more so than Justified, which would be it's next closest comparison, IMO. Real interested to see how the sideburns/daughter/cartel man angle goes.

Oh, and it's like the writers read this forum because they gave us more secks with Charlotte. :thumbup:
It's got the feel of a quality show and I generally like the characters, but it's still a long way from that for me. "Justified" dropped Mags Bennett into our lives in Season 2 and followed it with 2 more seasons without a major drop in quality.

I trust the rookie "Bridge" will take us somewhere interesting, but we still haven't really seen it yet.

Sending the Cougar Town dude down on La Jefa was certainly very interesting, though obviously quite unsettling (which is fine).
For some reason, I'm just not getting the "great show" vibe with Justified. I mean I enjoy it and all, but I don't put it anywhere near a Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones on my must-sees. That's just me, though.

The Bridge is working its way up to the top of my list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely getting better and better. Read some things about season 2 and they seem intent on not following the usual TV formula. Apparently they wont end one season by tying up that seasons questions, or by almost tying them up and then giving you the cliffhanger. Crimes will get solved or unsolved at their own pace, not dictated by the TV season... fwiw.

More and more into the show, have to say.

good show, I dig it. I like how they pulled the ol' bait & switch with sideburns.

I was not ready for officer Doofy's head to explode like that.

So, anyone figure out what the deputy was going to say before his head exploded? Also, no way that nut-job is the serial killer.

So, anyone figure out what the deputy was going to say before his head exploded? Also, no way that nut-job is the serial killer.
good question. you suspect it was something stupid, but something certainly got him worked up seeing that picture. how important could it have really been to him if he waited that long before trying to tell Ruiz.

definitely my least favorite episode. not sure why the old mexican lady would risk getting her tunnel discovered by the police by letting that meatball run guns through it. crazy guy with the rifle told sonya he was trying to kill the mexican but it seemed that he had plenty of time to shoot him and he shoots the fat cop instead; was that by mistake?

For some reason, I'm just not getting the "great show" vibe with Justified. I mean I enjoy it and all, but I don't put it anywhere near a Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones on my must-sees. That's just me, though.

Justified is in my top-5 all time behind only Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Shield and Mad Men. The Bridge has a long way to go to enter the top 50, but it's the show I currently look forward to the most during the week behind Breaking Bad (which isn't saying much).

I couldn't have said it better myself. The bridge has a long way to go before it enters the realm of the heavyweights, but its pretty darn good and definitely higher than justified.

Justified is in my top-5 all time behind only Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Shield and Mad Men. The Bridge has a long way to go to enter the top 50, but it's the show I currently look forward to the most during the week behind Breaking Bad (which isn't saying much).
Yeah, clearly there's disagreement, but I just don't see how is a better show than Justified yet (obviously, we're just talking opinions here).

It's well-made and interesting to watch, but there's just not much to it just yet. Kind of like when Justified first started, but Justified has since more than delivered on it's early promise.

I don't think there's anything Justified could do to ever reach the upper pantheon of shows, but I do like it as much as any other show outside of those you mentioned (aside from Mad Men, which I appreciate as an objectively better show than Justified, but I just don't know that I find it more interesting to watch).

good question. you suspect it was something stupid, but something certainly got him worked up seeing that picture. how important could it have really been to him if he waited that long before trying to tell Ruiz.

definitely my least favorite episode. not sure why the old mexican lady would risk getting her tunnel discovered by the police by letting that meatball run guns through it. crazy guy with the rifle told sonya he was trying to kill the mexican but it seemed that he had plenty of time to shoot him and he shoots the fat cop instead; was that by mistake?
I assume it's only a matter of time (and not much) before La Jefa kills the meatball. She'll just get her rocks of a couple more times, I imagine.

I'd say yes on it being a mistake. He had a few more chances and couldn't hit crap so I took those bad shots and his statement that he hit the wrong person. :shrug:

Outstanding episode. I love how story has interwoven all these divergent characters. The entire story seems plausible, but I am trying to understand how the initial bodies found on the bridge relates to how the plot has unfolded.

Was it just a ploy to draw Marco into the investigation?

I love how the storyline is all coming together. It will be interesting to see how or if the freaky guy who is saving the Mexican woman, if his story intersects with the killer. Somehow I think he will

play a role in the killer being caught or killed if the killer is caught or killed.

No they did a pretty good job of hinting that she's "off." I swear some people want to get hit over the head with a shovel. Maybe she should have taken a break from her investigation to call her doc for a refill on her "asbergers" medication.
:lmao:

So one thing I'm not clear on. Did Fausto go to the states to deal with Linder, or to deal with that Mexican that went after Linder?

shuke said:
So one thing I'm not clear on. Did Fausto go to the states to deal with Linder, or to deal with that Mexican that went after Linder?
My guess because Linder is still alive.

Another note, Gus is not too bright, huh? Too many years between Sonya & him, outkicking his coverage and she is, ummm, different.

Not to be tinfoil hat guy, but the drastic shift in the principal/theory of the Bridge Butcher is now a revenge killer is not adding up. Love the series, but my head is spinning from the Vendetta episode.

I haven't seen the last episode yet but I'd agree with this sentiment. I think when shows get picked up for a second season there are transition episodes that try to stretch storylines and introduce new or existing characters into bigger roles to carry over into a new season. I think this was one of those episodes. I'll forgive them for what seemed like a very unfocused episode since it's generally a really good show.

Good Posting Judge said:
Not out, but disappointed.

So much for the interesting world between El Paso and Juarez. I didn't sign up for a revenge tale between cops with characters I just don't care about.

Among the other issues, so Marco stood next to baldy beard at his wife's funeral and they were something resembling best friends, yet Marco's wife has apparently never seen him before she started banging him?

Good Posting Judge said:

So much for the interesting world between El Paso and Juarez. I didn't sign up for a revenge tale between cops with characters I just don't care about.

Among the other issues, so Marco stood next to baldy beard at his wife's funeral and they were something resembling best friends, yet Marco's wife has apparently never seen him before she started banging him?
Also really grew to hate Marco's wife before she got the grenade surprise. It takes a really cold woman to not just start banging a guy, but start bringing your kids around said guy while the separation from Marco is still fresh. Also, does she have Aspergers, too? Because she can't emote for ####.

Good Posting Judge said:

Also really grew to hate Marco's wife before she got the grenade surprise. It takes a really cold woman to not just start banging a guy, but start bringing your kids around said guy while the separation from Marco is still fresh. Also, does she have Aspergers, too? Because she can't emote for ####.
Yeah, that was pretty effed up.

Despite being the hottest woman on the show, I think I want Marco's wife to get Adrianna'ed. I'm not sure her character is supposed to be that cold, but she really comes off that way because she has the emoting skills Kristen Stewart has. Your hubby just saved your ####### life, you #####. Quit jerking him around.

But hey, being Kristen Stewart worked for Kristen Stewart.

Despite being the hottest woman on the show, I think I want Marco's wife to get Adrianna'ed. I'm not sure her character is supposed to be that cold, but she really comes off that way because she has the emoting skills Kristen Stewart has. Your hubby just saved your ####### life, you #####. Quit jerking him around.

But hey, being Kristen Stewart worked for Kristen Stewart.
:mellow: the only reason he had to save her is because he was doing it with the killers wife... so yea I think she has a reason to be a witch towards him.

I think Sylvia's boss, Hank, really set her up for a big letdown by telling her to go to the hospital and be Marco's friend.

It was likely going to end the way it did, and was going to be devastating to Sylvia because all she wants in life is to have a friend.

Kruger played it great as the look of hurt on her face when Marco rejected her was palpable.

Last couple episodes have been intense and had some great acting spots..

I was pretty sure the writers were going to go the route of "saved at the last second" like 90% of the other shows so it was a :shock: when she couldn't hold up her lie.

The Tunnel side story took a twist also with what "Ray ray" found on the Mexico side and how that helped cover up "Jimbo's" death..

I was with most here wishing they'd go away from that storyline earlier.. but now am intrigued to see where they go with it after the woman showed her true "Cold Heart *itch" side..

:popcorn:

why is the stupid reporter alive. excellent writing to let gus die, but the reporter living is dumb.
agreed.. Once Gus was gone, it was easy to let him die also.. Then again, I like his character.. I was :lmao: at the scene last week with him and the girl at AA. :banned:

Leaving the reporter alive is a classic "we're still negotiating with the actor for a second season" tactic. Flimsy.

Mea culpa on calling this show one of the best today. From the moment I said that, it noticeably devolved. Still not bad, though.

show started out so strong and really limped to the finish line. last 2 or 3 episodes have been pretty disappointing.

I think Sylvia's boss, Hank, really set her up for a big letdown by telling her to go to the hospital and be Marco's friend.

It was likely going to end the way it did, and was going to be devastating to Sylvia because all she wants in life is to have a friend.

Kruger played it great as the look of hurt on her face when Marco rejected her was palpable.
Her character name is Sonya.

collective said:

Her character name is Sonya.
D'oh!! Thanks for the heads up.

FX has ordered a second season of "The Bridge," the cop drama set on the El Paso/Juarez border starring Diane Kruger and Demián Bichir.

I had one foot out the door a couple of episodes when this became cop revenge story, but I liked the last episode.

Sonya on the bridge was really phenomenal.

You can tell the quality is there with this show. They just don't seem to know where they're going yet.

That's pretty much how I'd have described Justified at this point too.

Users who are viewing this thread