What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** The Bridge on FX - Christofficial *** (1 Viewer)

Loved the third ep too. Story is top-notch, you feel like you're there, Bichir is fantastic, DK is freaking adorable. Glad to see I was right about Jason Wiles coming back as Sonya's seductee. Gus' reaction was perfect, too . . . DAMN. Exactly how I would react. :lol:

Agree with most.. as I mentioned the first episode might have lost a few as it was slow but had purpose..... to build the background and the results have shown in the next two episodes. Looking forward to next week :popcorn:

Creey sideburns guy did kill the woman he threw in the trunk to start the season right? Or did he just keep her in his trailer before bringing her to the farm?

Creey sideburns guy did kill the woman he threw in the trunk to start the season right? Or did he just keep her in his trailer before bringing her to the farm?
That's where I'm a bit confused on. Not sure if the woman at the farm was the season premiere girl or the girl on the side of the road.

Loving this show otherwise.

That's where I'm a bit confused on. Not sure if the woman at the farm was the season premiere girl or the girl on the side of the road.

I'm 99% sure it was the illegal who didn't get poisoned. I'm guessing if you rewatch the first episode you'll see that we were led to believe he was a bad guy but was actually helping her out and bringing her to the farm. I guess his sister, from the photo, wound up as a prostitute or something and he's helping others to ease his pain.

That reporter guy does a great job playing a doosh.

Fourth ep was fantastic. This is the best new show in years.

The involvement of the FBI agent was fascinating. And I floved Sonya and Hank's scene in the truck.

The one who got taken to the farm is the hottest lady on the show to this date.

‘The Bridge’ Producers Haven’t “Decided Which Path” FX Series Will Take

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/tca-the-bridge-producers-havent-decided-which-path-fx-series-will-take/

As its nine first-season episodes are wrapping production, executive producers of FX’s The Bridge assured today’s TCA crowd that the Texas-U.S. bordertown crime drama will not fall into the formula of solving one crime per season. The murder mystery in Season 1 will wrap up “even before the end of the season,” said executive producer Elwood Reid, who with EP Meredith Stiehm developed the series based on the Danish/Swedish series Bron. Of the second season, Reid said: “There won’t be one big crime. We are not going to have the killer of the season every year.” Stiehm said that, for the first season, the producers had the 10 episodes of Bron to use as a road map but “then we got to a place where there was no guide…we have not decided which path we start on yet.”

Oscar-nominated Mexican actor Demian Bichir (who stars with German Diane Kruger and American Annabeth Gish) was asked why there were not more Latinos on American TV. “I don’t know. There’s one fact that is really crucial in this economy, at least in California: We spend a lot of money. Mexicans, Latins, Hispanics — we shop,” the actor said. “So advertisers need more windows to [introduce] their products.” Bichir added he has been surprised by the lack of Latinos on TV. “We have a lot of great stories to tell. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more in the future,” he said. The producers called it a “happy accident” that they were developing their Mexican border-themed series at the same time FX was already looking into that arena.

Kruger portrays a different minority: Her character, Detective Sonya Cross, has Asperger’s syndrome. Her condition remains mysterious during the first episodes, a move the the producers called deliberate. “We really strongly liked the idea that the original is bold enough not to define it,” said Stiehm, adding that in real life people don’t say: “Hello, I’m Sonya and I have Asperger’s.” Added Reid: “This is cable, where we don’t have to hold the audience’s hand, explain every little thing.”

The Bridge has gotten off to a strong start for FX. The series premiere July 10 drew 3.04 million viewers the first night, a number that grew to 4.64 million viewers when DVR viewing was factored in — making it the network’s most time-shifted new series debut to date. Inclusive of Live+7 ratings, the premiere delivered 5.07 million total viewers and 2.17 million adults 18-49. The viewership total makes it the second-most-watched series premiere in FX history behind The Americans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrific episode. The explanation of the the relationship w/ Hank & Sonya was flawless storytelling.
Solid show.

I guess it's safe to assume sideburns (trailer home guy) is dead?

A little too obvious that the girl was going to make a run for it. As soon as she excused herself, I knew it was coming. Still made for a very dramatic scene, especially knowing what happened to Sonya's sister. I thought when the girl asked if she would die Sonya was going to tell her yes.

What an episode. I'm really liking the Fausto character. So many good characters. Hearing about sonya's past and seeing how the episode ended, just wow.

Watched the last episode with the wifey tonight. Some better character development IMO. Love the baseball cap wearing mex drug lord.

Agree that steroid boys a bit weak but overall it's getting stronger overall. Not perfect (the scene between dad and son had a couple odd and unnatural reactions), but that's more nitpicking than anything.

Even my wife said "that's the best you can do?" when the widows boyfriend showed up last episode.

I traveled a ton to El Paso and Juarez for work so this show intrigued me from the start. Hasn't let me down yet. Very curious to see how FX keeps it rolling after a strong first season.

I know she's trying to get answers but it's really creepy for Sonya to be sitting there watching her sister's brain-damaged killer draw pictures.

not digging the workout guy character angle. did really enjoy the shot of rich lady riding the pony though.
She needed somebody to help her.
weak sauce.
You think she was going to stand up to that old Mexican woman herself?
so far his character is lame/not very believable. the whole story line involving him is weak. it detracts from the show. mean mexican drug lord/coyote/horse killer just says, "ok, same as before, we'll deal with you now" hopefully he gets killed soon. and i'm wondering what he wants to send into mexico. not much flows that way.

not digging the workout guy character angle. did really enjoy the shot of rich lady riding the pony though.
weak sauce.
so far his character is lame/not very believable. the whole story line involving him is weak. it detracts from the show. mean mexican drug lord/coyote/horse killer just says, "ok, same as before, we'll deal with you now" hopefully he gets killed soon. and i'm wondering what he wants to send into mexico. not much flows that way.
agree completely. Hopefully they prove us wrong but he's not a good addition to the show right now.

I know she's trying to get answers but it's really creepy for Sonya to be sitting there watching her sister's brain-damaged killer draw pictures.
Was it her dad that the chief shot or was it her sisters killer? I assumed it was her dad drawing pictures of her. I missed something I guess

Was it her dad that the chief shot or was it her sisters killer? I assumed it was her dad drawing pictures of her. I missed something I guess
the chief shot her sisters killer and that was him drawing the pictures. he's brain damaged from the gunshot.

weak sauce.
considering i love pretty much every other character, i'll give it a pass. let's just see how it plays out. the drug lady probably has something in mind and so does he apparently asking for that 50k.

the chief shot her sisters killer and that was him drawing the pictures. he's brain damaged from the gunshot.
It was first mentioned when Marco stayed at Sonya's house and she had the drawings on her wall. He asked something like if they were from a child and she said they were from her sister's killer. Very creepy, yet interesting, angle to her mind for me.

jamny said:
NutterButter said:
JHuber77 said:
jamny said:
It was first mentioned when Marco stayed at Sonya's house and she had the drawings on her wall. He asked something like if they were from a child and she said they were from her sister's killer. Very creepy, yet interesting, angle to her mind for me.
It is her only connection to her sister considering he keeps drawing pictures of her (I assume).

Yeah, torn on the boyfriend.

On the surface, throwing out the idiot from Cougar Town seems out of place, and he's just a pretty annoying dude.

Then again, this woman's probably just a bimbo. She comes across as more than that and certainly doesn't have the classic bimbo look.

She married an old dude for his money and was banging the first man that stopped by her house afterwards.

Her being involved with an annoying idiot isn't out of place. It seemed very weird that she would pick this idiot to handle her affairs with the Mexican cartel, but that might be just from watching too much TV. I'm sure the people that deal with the Mexican cartel regularly are more like the Cougar Town idiot than Walter White.

Probably doesn't matter though, la jefa will have that moron hanging from the barn rafters in an episode or two and we won't have to watch him anymore.

For some reason my DVR re-recorded the pilot, so I fast-forwarded again to see how we were tricked to believe in sideburns guilt. Well done!

For some reason my DVR re-recorded the pilot, so I fast-forwarded again to see how we were tricked to believe in sideburns guilt. Well done!
From what I remember, it was the burning of all her clothes and ID that made me assume he'd killed her. Well, that and the bars on his windows.

Speaking of taking idiot characters from bad sitcoms and making them into compelling villianish type guys in a drama, Bridge has it's first test to see if it can hang with current best drama on FX. The work they did with that idiot from "Yes, Dear" was pretty brilliant.

From what I remember, it was the burning of all her clothes and ID that made me assume he'd killed her. Well, that and the bars on his windows.
They also showed him watching from the shoreline as the police swarmed to the body on the bridge in the beginning.

Pretty solid episode.

The show's really starting to feel like a "Justified" type of show. Not a real strong direction, "elevator pitch", or deeper meaning. Just an interesting world and characters, with really good writing.

Plus Hank's the next best thing to Art.

Sonya's really growing on me.

Loving this show a lot, more so than Justified, which would be it's next closest comparison, IMO. Real interested to see how the sideburns/daughter/cartel man angle goes.

Oh, and it's like the writers read this forum because they gave us more secks with Charlotte. :thumbup:

My wild ### guess as to who the killer is.....

Kenneth, the guy banging Marco's wife
because it almost assuredly isn't the guy they arrested.

weak sauce.
:lol: :bow: :shock: wtf. that was a funny weird ### twist. and ok, guns would work.

Users who are viewing this thread