What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The cocktail thread (1 Viewer)

Anyone have a nice mezcal Negroni recipe? I know it’s simple, but looking for something with a twist in it.
If you enjoy the classic, something I had recently (that was delicious):

0.5oz Mezcal
0.5oz Ancho Reyes
1oz Campari
1oz Sweet Vermouth (antica)
How to you prepare? Shaken, strained?

Think I can substitute St. George Green Chile vodka for Ancho Reyes?
I don't know this particular cocktail, but in general recipes with juices are the ones that get shaken. Looks to me that this is a stir...

Anyone have a nice mezcal Negroni recipe? I know it’s simple, but looking for something with a twist in it.

0.5oz Mezcal
0.5oz Ancho Reyes
1oz Campari

This was meh. 5/10.

I made this the other day and it was quite tasty

Naked and Famous
0.75 oz Mezcal
0.75 oz Yellow Chartruse
0.75 oz Aperol
0.75 oz Lime Juice

0.5oz Mezcal
0.5oz Ancho Reyes
1oz Campari

This was meh. 5/10.

yes, stirred

i don't recommend substituting the ancho out for the green chile

Much respect to your cocktail game. Always something interesting! Does pinoit noir and white runtz (strain) count as a cocktail?

Yeah I am a huge fan but a lot of times I just don’t feel like making them. Have a few different books and I know enough basics of flavor profiles to make some stuff up

Love ordering when I am out too, especially when I visit traverse city their cocktail game is pretty strong

Just made this from Death and Co

Flor de Jerez
  • ▢ 1/2 ounce dark rum
  • ▢ 1 1/2 ounces amontillado sherry
  • ▢ 1/4 ounce apricot liqueur (subbed Cointreau)
  • ▢ 3/4 ounce lemon juice
  • ▢ 1/2 ounce cane sugar syrup (used simple)
  • ▢ 1 dash Angostura bitters

Crimson Sunset

The "Crimson Sunset" is a refreshing and slightly tart cocktail with a beautiful red hue, making it a visually appealing and delicious drink. The combination of gin, rose vermouth, pomegranate, and citrus creates a balanced flavor profile that is both sophisticated and approachable.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 oz monkey 47 gin
  • 3/4 oz yzaguirre rose vermouth
  • 1/2 oz pomegranate syrup
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
  • 1 dash angostura bitters
  • Grapefruit twist, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the monkey 47 gin, yzaguirre rose vermouth, pomegranate syrup, lime juice, and angostura bitters.
  2. Shake well until chilled.
  3. Strain the mixture into a chilled coupe glass or a rocks glass filled with ice.
  4. Express the oils from the grapefruit twist over the drink and then place it on the rim or in the glass as a garnish.

I rarely make or consume cocktails but we're in blackberry season here and I've been picking them out behind my office the last two weeks. Wife sent me a TikTok of a dude making blackberry mojitos and now I have plans for the weekend!!!!

I had a really good mojito variation with kumquats once.

Those aren't very easy to find, but my wife and one of my twins LOVE them. However, the elementary school our kids attend (and where my wife teaches) is Title 1, so they get loads of free fruits and veggies during the year. Every so often, they come home with kumquats and you'd think they hit lottery. Nobody else knows what they are, so they get left behind.

Crimson Sunset

The "Crimson Sunset" is a refreshing and slightly tart cocktail with a beautiful red hue, making it a visually appealing and delicious drink. The combination of gin, rose vermouth, pomegranate, and citrus creates a balanced flavor profile that is both sophisticated and approachable.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 oz monkey 47 gin
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
Instructions:
  1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the monkey 47 gin, yzaguirre rose vermouth, pomegranate syrup, lime juice, and angostura bitters.
  3. Strain the mixture into a chilled coupe glass or a rocks glass filled with ice.
  4. Express the oils from the grapefruit twist over the drink and then place it on the rim or in the glass as a garnish.

Thanks Maurile. For the vermouth, how similar is that to a regular sweet vermouth?

I had a Negroni a couple of weeks ago. Vile drink imo

Campari is a tough sell to folks - I usually go 1:1:.75 so it’s not as bitter. I enjoy the drink but my American sweet palate can’t handle the bitter aftertaste.

I've never thought of the American palette as that. IPAs are hugely popular in America.

In the same way, I like Campari a lot. And it doesn't seem tough to sell Negroni's. They too are hugely popular.

I make more Boulevardier's but I make them more spirt forward with 2:1:1 Bourbon/Vermouth/Campari.

I had a Negroni a couple of weeks ago. Vile drink imo

Campari is a tough sell to folks - I usually go 1:1:.75 so it’s not as bitter. I enjoy the drink but my American sweet palate can’t handle the bitter aftertaste.

I've never thought of the American palette as that. IPAs are hugely popular in America.

In the same way, I like Campari a lot. And it doesn't seem tough to sell Negroni's. They too are hugely popular.

I make more Boulevardier's but I make them more spirt forward with 2:1:1 Bourbon/Vermouth/Campari.

Compared to the Italian palate I think Americans drink much sweeter drinks. But that’s a good point about IPAs. Maybe it’s my circle of folks but Negronis and Campari is not a big favorite.

Crimson Sunset

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 oz monkey 47 gin
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
Instructions:

Thanks Maurile. For the vermouth, how similar is that to a regular sweet vermouth?
Yzaguirre Rose Vermouth is lighter and more floral, less sweet, than regular sweet vermouth, with different herbs and botanicals and therefore a different aromatic profile. Swapping out Yzaguirre Rose Vermouth for regular sweet vermouth would alter the cocktail's color, flavor complexity, sweetness balance, aromatics, and overall cohesion. Whether the result would be better or worse probably depends on individual tastes.

Rye Me to the Moon

Shamelessly stolen from a restaurant we were at this week for my buddy’s 50th birthday. Tried to recreate it with decent success - delicious cocktail that you can tweak easily to your preferred sweetness.

Almost as good as the other night! I had to guess at the ratios and I think I went too high with the syrup so it’s sweeter than I’d like.

2oz Rye
.5oz Amaro Nonino
.5oz Clove syrup

I’d got .25oz syrup and maybe bump the rye up to 2.25oz. Really, really good cocktail.

The discussion with Joe about Campari got me to have a Negroni and Boulevardier recently and then last night did a Boulevardier riff - a Left Hand. Basically a Boulevardier with chocolate bitters. A Boulevardier is more palatable to folks I know due to the added Bourbon sweetness but I still think a Negroni is better.

Finished up my bottle of green chartreuse, and not able to find it anywhere near me because of the shortage. Genepy the best substitute?

I need some recommendations for good hot drinks to ride out this cold front.

I made this for Ecuador during the World Cup and thought it was delicious. You can easily put any rum (or bourbon) in it.

Hot Toddy, Irish coffee and hot buttered rum are all good options too.

Bump- - gonna make some Canelazo today and tomorrow!

Picked these up recently. If anyone has any recommendations on cocktails let me know

Amaro Nonino
Suze Saveur d’autrefois
Allspice Dram
Ancho Reyes Verde Poblano

Wish it was easy to make TIki at home, I'll pick one and make it but I like to change it up usually drink to drink. :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread