What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Definitive Poll: Is DieHard a Xmas Movie? (1 Viewer)

Is DieHard a Xmas movie?

• Total voters
If Diehard is a Christmas movie then so is Rambo, Gremlins, Lethal Weapon, Rock IV and Reindeer Game ......

Still vote yes

Nah.

Just because a film is set around Christmastime doesn't mean it is a Christmas one. Is Trading Places also a Christmas film? I mean, we did see Dan Aykroyd dressed up like Santa Claus. :P

Good call!!!

Yes, yes it is!!!!

:RunsOffToChristmasMovieThread:

Last edited:
"Now I have a machine gun. HO-HO-HO."

Great outfit for a Christmas party by the way. Gray sweats. Red tape or marker for the above line. Christmas hat.

"Now I have a machine gun. HO-HO-HO."

Great outfit for a Christmas party by the way. Gray sweats. Red tape or marker for the above line. Christmas hat.
I purchased a Nakatomi Christmas party 1988 sweater for this year's festivities
Perfectenschlag.
Wild Bobby Nakatomi Plaza Christmas Party 1988 Classic McClane Die Hard Ugly Christmas Sweater Unisex Crewneck Sweatshirt https://a.co/d/6lQjk6K

Christmas isn't an essential theme in the movie. It's a movie that takes place in December but could have taken place in July and it wouldn't have changed the theme of the movie. Therefore it's not a "Christmas" movie.

Christmas isn't an essential theme in the movie. It's a movie that takes place in December but could have taken place in July and it wouldn't have changed the theme of the movie. Therefore it's not a "Christmas" movie.
Same with White Christmas

Christmas isn't an essential theme in the movie. It's a movie that takes place in December but could have taken place in July
A Christmas Party in July? You're not making any sense.
Could have been a Company Summer Party and wouldn't have changed anything important in the movie.

"Now I have a machine gun, cowabunga dude!" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

When you personally decide to watch it makes it a Christmas movie?
I haven't conducted any large scale research, but when everyone collectively decides to watch (or not) seems as good a way as any other to determine this kinda thing.

If a freaking soundtrack is considered a factor, then the fact that no one but the deranged watches these movies in December should be considered.

If you walk into someone's house in July, and they are watching Die Hard, you think nothing of it. If they are watching Rudolf, you might start thinking they have bodies in a crawl space.

Die Hard 2 - Just once, I'd like a regular, normal Christmas. Eggnog, a ****in' Christmas tree, a little turkey. But, no. I gotta crawl around in this mother****in' tin can.

I mean, by this logic (that it is), then any movie with a scene with a Christmas party or Christmas tree, or even the mention of the word Christmas, is a Christmas movie. No. C'mon.

Shoot. The. Glass.

Christmas isn't an essential theme in the movie. It's a movie that takes place in December but could have taken place in July
A Christmas Party in July? You're not making any sense.
Could have been a Company Summer Party and wouldn't have changed anything important in the movie.
that's where you are wrong, McClane wouldn't have been there for a summer party because he and his wife were separated and he was specifically flying out for Christmas.

I mean, by this logic (that it is), then any movie with a scene with a Christmas party or Christmas tree, or even the mention of the word Christmas, is a Christmas movie. No. C'mon.

Shoot. The. Glass.
Lethal Weapon has a Christmas tree. I would not consider it a Christmas movie the way I consider Die Hard to be. Die Hard is full of Christmas specific lines, imagery, music, and references throughout the movie. The terrorists target Nakatomi Plaza during the company Christmas party specifically because all of the hostages will be isolated on the 30th floor.

Users who are viewing this thread