What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Goldbergs - TV Show on ABC (3 Viewers)

This just keeps getting better. Loved this weeks with the Chinese restaurant and the arm injury dancing to George Michael :lmao:

And I'm a huge fan of the weekly bleeping of the mom. "I'll put cheese on anything.....I don't give a ####"

This just keeps getting better. Loved this weeks with the Chinese restaurant and the arm injury dancing to George Michael :lmao:

And I'm a huge fan of the weekly bleeping of the mom. "I'll put cheese on anything.....I don't give a ####"
Loved that episode. BTW - did anyone notice the mom in the episode with the spandex??? Holy ####e!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was afraid this show might be slipping a bit, but it had me cracking up tonight. Especially the first five minutes.

Darryl Dawkins dance. Because the ball's in your court, girl.

The NKOTB episode was hilarious. But, we're now not only fudging 80's timelines, but the 90's are creeping in. That episode couldn't have happened in "1980-something." They didn't get "big" to the point of the sister making obsessive diary videos about them until late '88, and even then she's catching their popularity wave at the very beginning. But in the video she's clearly supposed to be a year or two younger than the present which sets the episode in at least 1990.

And don't give me a line that NKOTB were formed in the mid-80's, blah, blah, blah. Outside of Boston, no girl was going to be aware of (and crazed about) them, especially a Philly girl, before late 1988.

The actual video during the credits was the best :lol: Here's a side-by-side of the show and the real video (BTW, Goldberg, born in 1976, has to be 14 or 15 in this video. I think I have my smoking gun!)

I would like to sex the daughter and her friend
I was just going to post that her friend is someone you would post in the oddly attractive thread here. Then I felt really dirty when I googled her and found out she is only 2 years older than my daughter :bag:

the daughter is SMOKING hot. wowza. love that kind of look, a la selena gomez, youthful glow.

anyways... GREAT show. fantastic. missed the entire first season, and just got into it this season... need to go back and watch from the start

the daughter is SMOKING hot. wowza. love that kind of look, a la selena gomez, youthful glow.

anyways... GREAT show. fantastic. missed the entire first season, and just got into it this season... need to go back and watch from the start
you missed some good episodes in S1....wrestling team, Ka-Ra-Te, sweater party just to name a few.

JFC...you guys are really being serious about this show being good?

My wife made me watch an episode with her a couple of weeks ago (something to do with New Kids on the Block). After 20 minutes I told my wife "I'm starting to understand where Ray Rice was coming from."

My wife made me watch an episode with her a couple of weeks ago (something to do with New Kids on the Block). After 20 minutes I told my wife "I'm starting to understand where Ray Rice was coming from."
you must not be an 80s child? :shrug:

Graduated HS in 1985. A few references to the 1980s does not make a good show. And they're pretty lazy with the historical accuracy (hair, clothes etc).

The worst part is that the show isn't funny in the least.

The jokes fell flatter than Biff Tannen's haircut*

*did that 1980s reference win you over?

You're 60 years old and a terrible person. Of course you don't like it.

Graduated HS in 1985. A few references to the 1980s does not make a good show. And they're pretty lazy with the historical accuracy (hair, clothes etc).

The worst part is that the show isn't funny in the least.

The jokes fell flatter than Biff Tannen's haircut*

*did that 1980s reference win you over?
Like a screen door on a battleship.

show is great imo...give it a few episodes, and you will get hooked.

you need to appreciate the sheer comedy that is Barry Goldberg.

It's Officer Pete.. If more than two people like a show it's all but guaranteed he'll show up to diss it.. :welcome:

you're as fun as a root canal

It's Officer Pete.. If more than two people like a show it's all but guaranteed he'll show up to diss it.. :welcome:
Not true at all. There are plenty of shows that I like.

But this show is just terrible. And I didn't even know there was a thread in the FFA about it. I saw one episode last week or whatever and then I see this thread today.

Do me a favor...please post or provide a link to one funny line from this show. Maybe I'm missing something.

They forgot Barry's run during the dance when he ran after his sister's friend...twice.

That bothers me more than the timeframe shenanigans.

This show is great. A must watch for the wife and I, especially with no Game of Thrones or Walking Dead for the time being.

Adam's costumes are way too good for a kid though. The Rubix cube, Tron, Transformers. Those are what you always dreamed of having as a kid, but to actually make them how you imaged they'd look like? Never.

1:58 is exactly what is wrong with this show. The jokes are stale and you can see them coming from a mile away.

Dad: GET IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW!

Mom: Calm down. Just calm down. ERICA! GET IN THE CAR!

Terrible
This show is exactly not up your alley. Schmaltzy nostalgia mixed with family jokes. What would you consider a good comedy?
Probably I Love Lucy.

1:58 is exactly what is wrong with this show. The jokes are stale and you can see them coming from a mile away.

Dad: GET IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW!

Mom: Calm down. Just calm down. ERICA! GET IN THE CAR!

Terrible
This show is exactly not up your alley. Schmaltzy nostalgia mixed with family jokes. What would you consider a good comedy?
:shrug: I honestly just wondered what the appeal was since I didn't think it was funny at all. I understand nostalgia obviously but I didn't think it was accurate or interesting enough to make up for the lack of humor.

"Episodes" is great and "Modern Family" is 20x funnier than this.

Carry on though. Don't really care.

Another good episode.

Adam running out of spray paint for the A in Dana. "ADAM hearts DAN". Then getting swaddled down by the firefighters :lol:

And he got the weekly bleep instead of the mom.

"Hey you ok bro?"

"Oh #### off Dan"

Another good episode.

Adam running out of spray paint for the A in Dana. "ADAM hearts DAN". Then getting swaddled down by the firefighters :lol:

And he got the weekly bleep instead of the mom.

"Hey you ok bro?"

"Oh #### off Dan"
I too liked the Cowboys Eagles angle. It is a real thing that has ruined or prevented marriages in this town.

Barry driving down the street, A-Team theme blasting, singing, through the stop sign, into the driveway....

The red stripe on the van.

Van People ~

funnier than anything on Modern Family this week....

Barry driving down the street, A-Team theme blasting, singing, through the stop sign, into the driveway....

The red stripe on the van.

Van People ~

funnier than anything on Modern Family this week....
I enjoyed the reference to Andrew Dice Clay, Adam trying his style of comedy, Old Mother Hubbard.. lol

Then he pulls the Don Rickle's making fun of his family.

Thought this was another good episode.

So the wife put this on. I figured I'd give it another shot.

Nope. Not one laugh in the last 20 minutes. Just terrible.
You have no soul.
:shrug: It isn't funny.

And how in the hell did that kid make that video of his brother rapping using 1980s technology? Not to mention the other brother printing an image on a pillow case.

Oh and Hasselhoff did that Berlin Wall thing 12/31/1989.

You have no soul.

And how in the hell did that kid make that video of his brother rapping using 1980s technology? Not to mention the other brother printing an image on a pillow case.

Get off my lawn.

You have no soul.

Now I know how the Germans felt.

WORST SHOW EVER

It came on after Modern Family last night. Didn't change the channel quick enough.

This week's episode featured the 1984 presidential election AND the TV show American Gladiators...which didn't start until 19freaking89.

And it still isn't funny.

Every writer on this show needs to be beaten with a hose.

WORST SHOW EVER

It came on after Modern Family last night. Didn't change the channel quick enough.

This week's episode featured the 1984 presidential election AND the TV show American Gladiators...which didn't start until 19freaking89.

They're not going for historical timeline accuracy, dope.

WORST SHOW EVER

They're not going for historical timeline accuracy, dope.
Why not?

And what are they going for then?

Users who are viewing this thread