What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Goldbergs - TV Show on ABC (4 Viewers)

End of last season and beginning of this one, not loving it. May have lost its charm already.
I was worried about this, too, but things are picking up again. Lots of LOL moments in this weeks episode.

Really captured us Eagles fans last night. Eagles fumble on first play of the season, "Season's over. Fire the coach!" And I still know Eagles fans that have superstitions when watching the game.

Like this show, don't know why it took us so long to start watching it, but wife and I are prime 80s people, graduating from HS in 89 and 88.

Love the Rush t-shirts that Johnny Atkins wears, as well as the little videos at the end of the episodes where they show a bit from the creator Adam Goldberg's life in the 80s.

When I watch it, I always think the dad could be Mike Golic from ESPN and vice versa.

I have been watching this show again in bulk on the pop channel.  I love it!  I kinda **** the sister and her blonde friend fwiw.  Not sure why...

Watched an episode the other day "I Drank the Mold" where Adam and his friends get sick drinking a bottle of home brewed beer. I don't remember this being a big thing in the 80s, now my parent's didn't drink beer, but even the families in the neighborhood that did, it was never even mentioned.

Watched an episode the other day "I Drank the Mold" where Adam and his friends get sick drinking a bottle of home brewed beer. I don't remember this being a big thing in the 80s, now my parent's didn't drink beer, but even the families in the neighborhood that did, it was never even mentioned.
I almost died from the stuff.  My throat closed.  Allergic reaction.  

home brewed beer. I don't remember this being a big thing in the 80s
It wasn’t.
I remember when the beer-brewing-in-a-box stuff came out.  One of the kits had a brown plastic beer barrel, but I don't remember anyone really using them.  

I do remember a whole lot of my friends had dads that had a fridge in the basement "lounge room" that was fitted with a pull spigot on the outside and housed a full-sized keg.  Lots and lots of underage drinking - thanks, other dads!!

There have been a few stinkers lately.  Was it the last episode where the Goldbergs weren't even in the episode. 

They gotta reel this whole thing in pretty fast.  Overall, I still like the series.  Never thought it would make it to Season 6.  Geez. 

officially IN as of this evening ... just finished our "Modern Family" binge, and my daughter has requested we give this here show a spin because she is a yuuuuuge fan of Rowan Blanchard (late of Disney's "Girl Meets World").  

Ms. Blanchard episodes will be for my lil' one, but the gf and i will backtrack to season one on our own. 

so, some good lookers in here, eh? 

and Jeff ####### Green?

:popcorn:

just about finished with season 2, and i give a resounding  :thumbup:

the most LOL moments for me since "Curb" ...  "Modern Family" comes close, but i think this one is gonna deliver higher quality shtick. 

Yeah, that ending was a major turn off. I mean, I like seeing the little snippets of old footage of the real people, but this was another story.  

just wrapped up season three, that Rush/Adam's birthday episode was the best yet - we all knew that Johnny Atkins guy/crew back in the day  :lmao:   and the girls did a great job with "Tom Sawyer"  :thumbup:

btw, would love to ask Mr.Goldberg if the real Dana turned out like this here ... maybe she did, and that's why we got so much angst over the breakup that season  :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
bro1ncos said:
Shower cap included. 
a travishmockery - compounded even further by leaving Lainey outta what could've been  :(

still dig the show - but the formulaic "wrong the kids/wrong the adults - then make up at the end" is getting a bit tedious ...

This show has lost serious steam for me.  Like most sitcoms, each episode and conflict has become formulaic (you can only talk about dodgeball, or realize that mom smothers you because she cares so many times).  There cool childhood references are running out to keep me interested, and it just isn't as funny as it was at the start.

The snippets at the end are the only thing that keep me watching.  Well, that and that everyone else in the family still enjoys it.

This show has lost serious steam for me.  Like most sitcoms, each episode and conflict has become formulaic (you can only talk about dodgeball, or realize that mom smothers you because she cares so many times).  There cool childhood references are running out to keep me interested, and it just isn't as funny as it was at the start.

The snippets at the end are the only thing that keep me watching.  Well, that and that everyone else in the family still enjoys it.
I agree it's lost some steam but cursing mom and Barry/Big Tasty still crack me up so I'll keep watching.

Wife noticed that it was Rick Springfield as Gary from the 'Gary-oke' bar. He was great, especially up on stage singing 'Jesse's Girl' with Bev.

Users who are viewing this thread