What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joe Rogan Experience (1 Viewer)

95%+ of people don’t care about this cancel culture stuff.

it’s a tiny group of people who go nuts on social media.  

why these big companies cater to these nutjobs is mind boggling.  

It's like an exponential thing - Twitter magnifies the outrage of a couple hundred/thousand users, and then the media (on both sides) magnifies that by covering it over and over on cable news and their Twitter feeds.  Then it goes through the cycle again, getting even bigger.

It's like buying local and letting those dollars flow through your community multiple times....only awful instead of good. 

wikkidpissah said:
if  this isnt the last word on the Rogan controversies, it should be. some of the best sense made in our fitful time
Lot of good stuff in there from Harris.  I imagine a couple of controversial items too but I tend to agree with most everything there even if a couple points are “tough talk”.  

The 200m Spotify deal also brought a magnifying glass on anything he did.   But I think all this publicity is awesome for him and think he would hit the moon if Spotify dumped him.

The terms of Rogan's deal have never been made public.  The $100M figure that gets thrown around a lot is based on a single WSJ article that claimed the contract could reach nine figures if bonuses for listener and subscriber metrics were reached.  It's also unclear how long Spotify has exclusivity for so the annual number is likely to be less.

He's very well paid, especially for a podcaster, but $200M is on the high side for the Spotify deal.  Of course Rogan also has other revenue sources

https://news.yahoo.com/spotify-joe-rogan-deal-value-podcast-205637664.html

Do you really think they make all that much from Spotify? 
Nope but they get face time with people that spend money on their stuff, that's where the money comes from. If nobody has access to their music, their marketing takes a huge hit. Granted, I hope they are all well enough off that it's a moot point but I doubt it. When you see XXX amount rolling in every month and then suddenly it drops to X, you notice.

Ari's new special is hilarious. On Youtube for free. I've never listened to his standup and don't know anything about him other than his time on the podcast. I was rolling, really good stuff.

Ari's new special is hilarious. On Youtube for free. I've never listened to his standup and don't know anything about him other than his time on the podcast. I was rolling, really good stuff.

Apparently it's a few years old. He filmed it a month after his Kobe joke went viral and he saved it until that heat kind of blew over.

Apparently it's a few years old. He filmed it a month after his Kobe joke went viral and he saved it until that heat kind of blew over.
lol, so he felt it's finally safe to release now? That was damn near 3 years ago

lol, so he felt it's finally safe to release now? That was damn near 3 years ago
Maybe he thought it was topical with Kanye in the news, idk.
I just listened to the pod of them celebrating the end of sober October and it was floated getting Kayne to promote the special. Ari wanted somebody to do a deep fake thing or a compilation of sound bytes to make it happen. It was pretty funny.

Users who are viewing this thread