What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The middle-aged dummies are forming a band called "Blanket"! It's a cover band. (4 Viewers)

He was a big advocate for domestic violence.

Guy sounds like kind of a jerk to me.

Sorry, gallows humor. Such a sad story about Sgt. Nix. Sounds like he did a lot of great things in his too-short time on Earth.
There was a woman he had helped out in a domestic violence case that was interviewed, and she said he helped give her strength and courage when she had none, and when she was too scared to go out and get groceries for her and her children he did it for her, and there were other nice things she mentioned. Sgt. Nix's family said they had no idea about some of the things he did off-duty to help some of the victims he advocated for.

I think I may have picked two of my records in previous drafts, but I don't think it was any of the MAD events.
There are a few I picked in previous non-MADs, too. Every time I spell out MAD, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World enters my head.

Whats the story with timschochet?
He hasnt posted in the free for all since Dec 17.
All his posts since are in the Shark Pool and nothing since the last Steelers game

All his posts since are in the Shark Pool and nothing since the last Steelers game

I'd been wondering where he was, too. Also Zegras11. I tagged them both near the beginning here.
Zegras was just in the U2 thread. Maybe taking a break until he does his next MAD artists one

I'd been wondering where he was, too. Also Zegras11. I tagged them both near the beginning here.

Zegras was just in the U2 thread. Maybe taking a break until he does his next MAD artists one

Hola guys, just been real busy this month. I had a "real" job all last year as the 8% interest rates killed my Five year run as a Top 10% RE agent. I quit that job Jan 2, and am basically retired now. Have been to Vegas twice since then (finished 8th in a World Poker Tour event) with 286 entries and am going back next Thursday and seeing U2 next Sat night.

I have an idea of what I want to do here, but haven't had the time to put it all together. Hopefully this week :-)

This is due tonight???
The 26th.
Oh, thank goodness. I'm only about halfway through pruning the list. I'm just glad I'm not the only one with instrumentals. Some of mine are repeats, but most are not.

My biggest problem has been coming up with great covers just before I fall asleep and then not being able to remember them in the morning.

I did this a couple times this weekend. I'm avoiding a big list to cut down. Eliminating as I go, but forgetting ideas I mean to check out. Anyhoo, one of those ideas was to support something you said awhile ago about a guy. It's an instrumental, but I haven't found the version I want. 4am here. Back to bed and back to forgetting.

There are so many cover songs that the project has become dizzying. I'm just going with a "songs I like off the top of my head" approach as opposed to any theme of any sort.

Whew! This has taken me over fifteen hours of thought and action. Crazy. Easily fifteen.

I like covers, I guess.

There are so many cover songs that the project has become dizzying. I'm just going with a "songs I like off the top of my head" approach as opposed to any theme of any sort.

Whew! This has taken me over fifteen hours of thought and action. Crazy. Easily fifteen.

I like covers, I guess.
I thought of two more last night and found another this morning. It is fun, though.

You music nerds have it the toughest. I don't know enough to be overwhelmed. I don't realize half the stuff out there that is cover material. My list is a blend of what I like/listen to routinely mixed with stuff that is just classically recognized as exceptional covers. So there is some definite "chalk" on my list.

I thought of two more last night and found another this morning. It is fun, though.

I just wrapped it up. It would have been constant tinkering if I didn't. I wish I'd been clearer-headed to think of some sort of theme or gimmick, but it's just a list. Which sorta sucks, but oh well. I like the songs. I'll vouchsafe for them.
I mainly selected the first things that came to mind. There is a bit of a pattern to some of the selections, which will not surprise anyone who has seen me post in music threads.

Got my list done and sorted, just need to get it sent in. I mostly used covers I've liked for years and 5 I found just for this project. I would guess 6-10 would be considered chalk.

There are so many cover songs that the project has become dizzying.

This is my problem. And I'll look one up that I know I like, and I see that it's part of an album of covers, and then I ended up listening to all of them just to make sure I have the right one, and...eesh.

One issue that's made me drop the project a couple times is I really want to share a few covers that stretch the definition too far for our purposes. One was played by me last year dozens of times on a favorite playlist. I doubt few here would even recognize what's being covered without the song title. Anyhow I will try to put in some effort tonight and not need an extension.

Is this going to be a repeat of the other MAD31s where any youtube links get kind of lost in the shuffle? I noticed that in one of them and have gone exclusively Spotify since, but there are so many good covers on youtube.

Just curious, does this qualify as a cover? Stars on 45
When I was 8 or so, I would frequently spend my hard-earned allowance money on these crappy K-Tel compilations. The Stars on 45 medley was the second-to-last track on Dimensions, right before Elvira by the Oak Ridge Boys. May have been the first time I ever heard a Beatles song.

That track listing, though... I really hated the Manhattan Transfer song, and could never understand why Jimmy "The Boogie Woogie Man" Valiant used it as his intro music. I mean The Road Warriors had Iron Man and Hulk used Eye of the TIger. Who thought the crowd was gonna get pumped by Boy from New York City?

Queen of HeartsJuice Newton
Jessie's GirlRick Springfield
The StrokeBilly Squier
Fire And IcePat Benatar
I Love YouClimax Blues Band
Really Wanna Know YouGary Wright
Boy From New York CityManhattan Transfer
You Make My DreamsHall & Oates
The Breakup SongGreg Kihn Band
Cool LovePablo Cruise
The One That You LoveAir Supply
TimeAlan Parsons Project
Stars On 45 Medley (Part 1)Stars On 45
ElviraOak Ridge Boys

Playlist finished, just need put in the format and send over. Gonna have to re-read the instructions just so I don't earn the ire of our MAD covers overlord. :wink: I'm not a masochist like shuke.

Happy that the countdown should be starting at exactly the right time for me, as I've complained before that January is hell thanks to it being performance review season in the office. And these damn Gen-Zers mean it when they say they want feedback. No more 10-minute meetings of "Hey, you're doing great. Keep it up. Enjoy your 1.9 percent bonus."

As another point of inquiry, does a cover count as such if in a different language from the original? Or should I PM Shuke?

:blackdot:

I'm out, but will be watching. Aside, I have a good idea what song @Don Quixote might be looking at ...
😢 (See the RIP thread if you haven’t yet today.) Wish I knew which song FatMax had me down for now…
https://youtu.be/IMeXQUojkGU?si=X6rl-c3D_wTuhvVI is my guess

Users who are viewing this thread