What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Next 100 best movies from the 80's (1 Viewer)

This is a serious subject, with serious implications. I will compose my own 100 list and post it here.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Oh, I see.

Now I get it. Should be 99 for the tie, though. If we're counting from one, that is.

So we're both half-right. Or I'm all ****ed up. Something like that.

Come on, bro.

96 Fright Night
tie Running on Empty
tie Toxic Avenger

99 Barfly

100 Escape from New York
tie Secret of Nimh

96 (tie). Toxic Avenger
Lambskin - #40

Another one outside my top 60 but would have been in my top 100. I'm wondering if I did this right by cutting off at 60, knowing that would give us enough for 100 total.

Haven’t seen this in forever but I had it on VHS and watched it quite a bit. Not exactly sure when I first seen it but looks like it was released in 84 and the cartoon came out in 91 and I definitely remember watching it before then so I’d have been somewhere between 5-10. What a time to be alive. Maybe I’ll see if the kids want to watch this one for family movie night

Never got into much other Troma stuff, I do remember getting baked back in college or shortly after and watching Terror Toons…that was amazingly bad

94 (tie). Rumble Fish
shuke - #39

My apologies to the B&W artsy haters, but Hopper/Dillon/Rourke/Lane/Cage directed by Copolla? And some of my favorite cinematography ever.
It always looked to me like you were watching a play, not film, I bet it would look amazing in a theater.

96 (tie). Toxic Avenger
Lambskin - #40

Another one outside my top 60 but would have been in my top 100. I'm wondering if I did this right by cutting off at 60, knowing that would give us enough for 100 total.

Haven’t seen this in forever but I had it on VHS and watched it quite a bit. Not exactly sure when I first seen it but looks like it was released in 84 and the cartoon came out in 91 and I definitely remember watching it before then so I’d have been somewhere between 5-10. What a time to be alive. Maybe I’ll see if the kids want to watch this one for family movie night

Never got into much other Troma stuff, I do remember getting baked back in college or shortly after and watching Terror Toons…that was amazingly bad
Here's a classic Troma.......so bad it's good

89 (tie) Sid and Nancy
Lambskin - #37

I screwed up and posted out of order. This and BTTF 2 are tied for 89. Dead Calm should be 88 by itself.

I recall watching this at like 5 AM, one of those nights I just couldn’t sleep for whatever reason. Maybe was when we first had kids and schedule was jacked up?

Anyway oldman is fantastic, but what really stuck with me was Chloe Webb’s Nancy. Years later was watching Shameless and there was an episode where Monica starts crying and I was like holy crap I know that wail it’s Nancy (had not made the connection before)

One of the few movies I truly remember being scared of, like didn’t want to go in the basement alone scared. Always felt like that creepy little guy was right behind me

Also gave us the best worst sequel of all time (even though there is 0 connection, or trolls for that matter)

What do you mean "or trolls for that matter"? Isn't Trolls 2 where that awesome "oh my god" clip is from? There are trolls in that.

One of the few movies I truly remember being scared of, like didn’t want to go in the basement alone scared. Always felt like that creepy little guy was right behind me

Also gave us the best worst sequel of all time (even though there is 0 connection, or trolls for that matter)

What do you mean "or trolls for that matter"? Isn't Trolls 2 where that awesome "oh my god" clip is from? There are trolls in that.

Greatest 20 seconds in cinematic history.

Users who are viewing this thread