What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (2 Viewers)

I meant all the language in Denman’s proposed amendment (sanctions, NATO cooperation, assistance to Ukrainian forces etc.). It hardlined the platform on Ukraine.  

To suggest that changing those two words gutted the GOP platform and was a personal gift to Vladimir Putin (as it calls for sanctions, NATO collaboration, and further militarizing Ukraine) is about as disingenuous as it gets.  It’s just not true.  
Whelp...you convinced me.

Perhaps that's the true meaning of deep state?  Mueller has informed enough of he right people in order to limit the total catastrophe of this presidency.

Seems unlikely. More likely is that Mueller felt he needs to make a 100% airtight case such that no one can skate due to politics.
If it's true I can't imagine the sleepless nights that dude must have trying to figure out what to do.  No matter how seasoned he is this is a once in a lifetime investigation with huge stakes.  I'm an idiot but I'd be prone to panic and go running down the street yelling "he did it!!"

Byron York @ByronYork

Reading Mark Warner CNN transcript on Trump-Russia. This the-latest-stories-are-very-troubling-but-I-can't-say-what-I-know-because-it's-a-super-duper-secret routine is getting really old...  

Given seriousness of Trump-Russia allegations, there is a desperate need for radical transparency. Full Mueller report, plus all underlying testimony/interview transcripts, should be released. No classified versions. 

Full Senate Intelligence Committee report, plus all underlying testimony/interview transcripts, should be released. Everything. Plus all transcripts from House Intelligence Committee and Senate Judiciary.  No classified versions. 

And don't talk about sources and methods. This whole affair has done enormous damage to the United States. This is bigger than sources and methods. Enough hush-hush and heavy breathing. Americans deserve to know what happened.  

Michael Isikoff @Isikoff

Exactly

Byron York @ByronYork

Reading Mark Warner CNN transcript on Trump-Russia. This the-latest-stories-are-very-troubling-but-I-can't-say-what-I-know-because-it's-a-super-duper-secret routine is getting really old...  

Given seriousness of Trump-Russia allegations, there is a desperate need for radical transparency. Full Mueller report, plus all underlying testimony/interview transcripts, should be released. No classified versions. 

Full Senate Intelligence Committee report, plus all underlying testimony/interview transcripts, should be released. Everything. Plus all transcripts from House Intelligence Committee and Senate Judiciary.  No classified versions. 

And don't talk about sources and methods. This whole affair has done enormous damage to the United States. This is bigger than sources and methods. Enough hush-hush and heavy breathing. Americans deserve to know what happened.  

Michael Isikoff @Isikoff

Exactly
They can't show everyone it's a witch hunt. Nothing will ever be released.

Michael Cohen has been called to testify before Congress.

Last night on Fox News, Trump claimed Cohen is “in trouble on some loans and fraud” and also that he “should give information maybe on his father-in-law, because that’s the one that people want to look at."

Intimidating or attempting to intimidate a congressional witness is a federal crime. If this isn’t an attempt by Trump to intimidate Cohen, I don’t know what is.

If you didn't already know it, the current president of the United States is a criminal.
Pretty much.   It's like adding a deck chair to the Titanic at this point to try to keep track of his crimes.  Just the #### he's done in public since the election should be enough to impeach.  

Byron York @ByronYork

Michael Isikoff @Isikoff

Exactly
Funny you say that, considering it's the Trump team that doesn't want full transparency:

Rudy Giuliani: Trump's lawyers should get chance to "correct" Mueller report

Even a senile Giuliani knows they're toast at this point.

I meant all the language in Denman’s proposed amendment (sanctions, NATO cooperation, assistance to Ukrainian forces etc.). It hardlined the platform on Ukraine.  

To suggest that changing those two words gutted the GOP platform and was a personal gift to Vladimir Putin (as it calls for sanctions, NATO collaboration, and further militarizing Ukraine) is about as disingenuous as it gets.  It’s just not true.  
Then I think you're talking June 2016 Convention minutiae here. The question is where did Trump get the bright idea to lighten the convention language in the first place? It's of a piece with the other policy ideas that didn't exist anywhere in US policy making circles.

Michael Cohen has been called to testify before Congress.

Last night on Fox News, Trump claimed Cohen is “in trouble on some loans and fraud” and also that he “should give information maybe on his father-in-law, because that’s the one that people want to look at."

Intimidating or attempting to intimidate a congressional witness is a federal crime. If this isn’t an attempt by Trump to intimidate Cohen, I don’t know what is.

If you didn't already know it, the current president of the United States is a criminal.
Obligatory.

A US intelligence reports indicates that the Kremlin directed Torshin's NRA project

“This reporting indicates that Alexander Torshin was working with the blessing of the Kremlin, at a minimum,” one European intelligence official told The Daily Beast. The official added that this reporting is consistent with his group’s understanding of how the Kremlin operates.

“The NRA is quite powerful, so when you look to influence U.S. politics, you should consider them as a convenient target,” the official added.

The report, published last year, is based on conversations that happened in 2015, before NRA leaders visited Moscow on a trip arranged by Torshin and Butina. The document does not specifically name the NRA or the Republican Party, but its context makes clear it is discussing those two American organizations. (American intelligence reports generally do not name U.S. persons or organizations for privacy and legal reasons.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to tie this in, consider that Trump has been reported as ordering the destruction of records. And I think but I am not sure that an interpreter's notes from a leader to leader foreign policy discussion would be on a very high level of classified, even though unmarked. If this is true he's guilty of that, and the one to one order to the interpreter makes "intent" completely unclouded. And IIRC Omarosa Manigault wrote that she saw Trump actually chewing and swallowing notes. (eta - Also IIRC Woodward reported something similar about Trump tearing up memos, throwing them in the trash can, and his aides scrambling to pick them back up, and piece and tape them back together). It would be crime no. 83 on the list of crimes under consideration but it's suggested by the reporting.
What was he supposed to do? Just let people take and circulate notes on a criminal freaking conspiracy?

I understand that, I'm talking about the claims of the guy who uses "fake news" and "hoax" as defenses, even just this morning.
He's just trolling as usual.

You can almost smell the desperation at this point though.

Yeah, a year ago you could still ridicule the investigation and claim it was all a hoax. But at this point it's just kind of sad and pathetic. We all know he's guilty at this point. Trolls included.

Skoo said:
He's just trolling as usual.

You can almost smell the desperation at this point though.

Yeah, a year ago you could still ridicule the investigation and claim it was all a hoax. But at this point it's just kind of sad and pathetic. We all know he's guilty at this point. Trolls included.
Yes I'm so nervous about an investigation that in two years isn't any closer to finding dirt on Trump. Such desperation. 😂

Yes I'm so nervous about an investigation that in two years isn't any closer to finding dirt on Trump. Such desperation. 😂
I haven't seen you posting around here @Weebs210 so you must have missed some of the news.  Now, this list is a couple of months old so I'm sure there are some omissions. 

All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation so far

So, until November 36 people have had "dirt" found on them including Trump's campaign manager and personal lawyer.  These are all big fish.  Pretty cray cray right?

I haven't seen you posting around here @Weebs210 so you must have missed some of the news.  Now, this list is a couple of months old so I'm sure there are some omissions. 

All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation so far

So, until November 36 people have had "dirt" found on them including Trump's campaign manager and personal lawyer.  These are all big fish.  Pretty cray cray right?
Please show me one indictment against Trump. TIA

Glenn Greenwald @ggreenwald

Watch @abcnews Chief WH correspondent @jonkarl say this week that a) the Mueller report will be "anti-climactic"; b) "Mueller did not go anywhere" with the Trump/Russia investigation the NYT reported; & c) Mueller likely found no evidence of collusion (his reporting, not mine):

Rachel Maddow  @maddow 4m4 minutes ago

Senator Chuck Schumer will force a Senate vote tomorrow on whether or not the Trump Admin should be lifting sanctions on companies associated with Russian Oligarch Oleg Deripaska. Dear Colleague Letter below...

"We should not be providing sanctions relief to Vladimir Putin's trusted agent before the conclusion of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. Mr. Deripaska has deep ties to President Putin and the Russian government and possible links to a range of criminal activity."

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1084940970708402176 (screen capture of letter at link).

Watch @abcnews Chief WH correspondent @jonkarl say this week that a) the Mueller report will be "anti-climactic"; b) "Mueller did not go anywhere" with the Trump/Russia investigation the NYT reported; & c) Mueller likely found no evidence of collusion (his reporting, not mine):
https://twitter.com/SanjayC610/status/1084898241026637824

Full video says people close to the White House who interacted with the special counsel told him that. Surely no agenda's there.

Please show me one indictment against Trump. TIA
There hasn't been one. Yet. This is how the heads of large criminal enterprises are brought down.  They start with the little fish and work their way up to the top.  As I'm sure you can tell from the people indicted so far, it won't be long.  You're just going to have to be patient! :) :P

https://twitter.com/SanjayC610/status/1084898241026637824

Full video says people close to the White House who interacted with the special counsel told him that. Surely no agenda's there.
:lmao: :lmao:   Dumbest criminal organization ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mueller Probes an Event With Nunes, Flynn, and Foreign Officials at Trump’s D.C. Hotel

The breakfast has come under scrutiny by federal prosecutors in Manhattan as part of their probe into whether the Trump inaugural committee misspent funds and if donors tried to buy influence in the White House. The existence of that probe was first reported by the Wall Street Journal. The Special Counsel’s Office is also looking at the breakfast as part of its investigation into whether foreigners contributed money to the Trump inaugural fund and PAC by possibly using American intermediaries, as first reported by The New York Times. Robert Mueller’s team has asked Flynn about the event, according to two sources familiar with the Special Counsel’s Office questioning.

If Trump committed a crime, he can write it down on his piece of paper or refer it out.  I don't think the president should have to answer to some unelected prosecutor on an impeachment world tour.  He reserves the right, as we all do, not to incriminate himself.  
Ok I was responding to your claim that there is nothing he could incriminate himself on.

If Trump committed a crime, he can write it down on his piece of paper or refer it out.  I don't think the president should have to answer to some unelected prosecutor on an impeachment world tour.  He reserves the right, as we all do, not to incriminate himself.  
He better shut up then, if it's not to late

I thought he looked forward to it? Was going to happen in a couple weeks. IIRC that was last February.

I don't think the president should have to answer to some unelected prosecutor
Do I have to answer to one of he/she wants to ask me questions? I guess I could just plead the 5th any time a L.E.O. ask me anything...  But it might end up with me in the clink for no reason other than my intransigence.

Is the president above the law?

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Attorney General nominee William Barr shared a controversial memo last year with nearly all of President Donald Trump's lawyers concluding that an aspect of special counsel Robert Mueller's case could be "fatally misconceived," Barr acknowledged Monday.

Barr's 19-page memo -- which concluded that Trump's publicly reported interactions with ex-FBI Director James Comey could not constitute obstruction of justice -- was addressed to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Assistant Attorney General Steve Engel and released as a part of Barr's Senate questionnaire last month. But it was previously unclear who else had seen it.

In a letter to Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsay Graham Monday night, Barr said that he had sent it to White House special counsel Emmet Flood, Solicitor General Noel Francisco, and his former Justice Department colleague Pat Cipollone who is now White House counsel. He also discussed the issues raised in the memo with Trump lawyers Marty and Jane Raskin and Jay Sekulow. In addition he sent a copy, or had a conversation about the contents of the memo with Abbe Lowell, an attorney for Jared Kushner.

...Barr discussed the memo with Trump prior to his nomination, according to a source familiar with the discussions, and he will pledge in his confirmation testimony that Mueller will be able to "complete his work." Despite the assurances, Democrats have said they are eager for his testimony. ...

Barr also said that he wrote it because as a former attorney general he was interested in legal issues of public import. He said that it was not the first time he'd sent a long his views on legal issues of the day. After 9/11 he sent a letter to officials in the Bush administration on his views on the law of wars. He said that "more recently" he'd offered his views to the department on a number of legal issues, such as concerns about the prosecution of Sen. Bob Menendez. ...
- CNN

- It's interesting (to me) this went to the Raskins, not Rudy.

- There is no reason it should have gone to Kushner's personal attorney. And he discussed it with Trump personally and he sent it to his personal attorneys, not just the DOJ.

Users who are viewing this thread