What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (6 Viewers)

CNBC‏Verified account @CNBC

FollowingFollowing @CNBC

More

Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation is close to being completed, acting AG Matthew Whitaker says
"The [Mueller] investigation is, I think, close to being completed and I hope that we can get the report from Director Mueller as soon as possible."

Don't forget Manafort:

Just in: Judge in Virginia CANCELS Feb. 8th sentencing for Paul Manafort. "Bc it appears that resolution of the current dispute in defendant's prosecution in DC may have some effect on the sentencing decision in this case, it is prudent and appropriate to delay sentencing."

Seems the judge wants to find out how little Manafort cooperated before sentencing him in Virginia.

No, I believe Russia was trying to influence election just like others countries and even The United States does the same.  But there was no votes changed.  Does that make it right - no but its been going on for a long time.  
Sure, countries meddle in elections, even we do it. 

What if a member of a campaign gave voter info to one of these countries? What if one of these countries funneled millions of dollars thru the nra to one party? So it’s all ok as long as they don’t physically change votes in the machine? Give me a break.

What if a member of a campaign gave voter info to one of these countries? What if one of these countries funneled millions of dollars thru the nra to one party? So it’s all ok as long as they don’t physically change votes in the machine? Give me a break.
I didn’t say that and part 2 isn’t proven.  

No, I believe Russia was trying to influence election just like others countries and even The United States does the same.  But there was no votes changed.  Does that make it right - no but its been going on for a long time.  
How is that even possible?  By that I mean - do you think all advertising is useless?  

We could save a lot of money in political campaigns, if we got rid of all messaging - given that they don't change votes (or cause people not to vote).

This, alone, could propel the US economy out of the doldrums.  

If Mueller has no more indictments, I will be disappointed.

I'll understand, but be disappointed nonetheless.
It's incredibly hard to see how that would be the case.

He's been walking a fine line of going after folks outside of the administration who were previously connected to the campaign or administration but no longer are.

If he moves into either targeting Trump's family, or active members of the administration, it's a huge line to cross.  I think one of those is the next phase, but it could all be held until the final report is delivered and allow congress of the DOJ to handle it.

I didn’t say that and part 2 isn’t proven.  
Maybe you need to unpack that gibberish or work on your English comrade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Natasha Bertrand Retweeted

Scott Stedman‏ @ScottMStedman Jan 25

More

EXCLUSIVE: The Trump Tower Moscow developer received a loan from the Russian state-owned Sberbank weeks after signing the deal with Trump in 2015 - and then approximately $90,000,000 of that loan essentially went missing:

To be fair, I did not read the attached article - but that certainly sounds interesting...

Andrew Feinberg‏Verified account @AndrewFeinberg

FollowFollow @AndrewFeinberg

More

Rumor is @realDonaldTrump is going to his hotel for dinner tonight. Roger Stone is apparently staying there tonight as well.

2:52 PM - 28 Jan 2019
They can't stop criming.

- Though I thought Stone had his travel restricted to South Florida? Maybe not.

CNBC‏Verified account @CNBC

FollowingFollowing @CNBC

More

Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation is close to being completed, acting AG Matthew Whitaker says
Where did he say this stuff and why?

“Right now the investigation is – I think – close to being completed," Whitaker said in his first public comments on the probe he now supervises. "I hope we can get the report from Director Mueller as soon as possible." ...

“I have been fully briefed on the investigation. I look forward to Director Mueller delivering the final report," Whitaker said. "I really am not going to talk about an open and ongoing investigation otherwise. But the statements I made were as a private citizen with only publicly available information."

Whitaker said decisions in the probe would be reviewed.

"I am comfortable that the decisions that were made are going to reviewed ... through the various means that we have," Whitaker said. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
How is that even possible?  By that I mean - do you think all advertising is useless?  

We could save a lot of money in political campaigns, if we got rid of all messaging - given that they don't change votes (or cause people not to vote).

This, alone, could propel the US economy out of the doldrums.  
I meant Russians didn’t hack voting machines or muni computer systems.

If Mueller has no more indictments, I will be disappointed.

I'll understand, but be disappointed nonetheless.
I think the chances of that are effectively zero. They would be actually zero if we knew for sure that Mueller wouldn't be fired.It's important to remember that Mueller has shown us that if you are an unhelpful tool (Papadapolous) or if you are actually cooperative but you don't have much to say (Pinedo), he's cool with sentencing you when your work is done.

I could buy that Mueller is charging guys with lying to Congress/the FBI in order to have a "report" in public. I actually think that's part of what he's doing in addition to trying to secure cooperators. But that glosses over the fact that he has guys (Flynn) charged with way less than they've admitted to and he's keeping them on the hook by continuing their sentencing.

It's my guess that we're headed for a day of reckoning where either a bunch of indictments are filed or one big one charging lots of people with conspiracy against the US, etc. is filed. I think we'll look back and see that Mueller was trying to shore up parts of the story by securing cooperators like Flynn, Manafort, Papa, etc. We already know that's been partly successful and partly not, just like lots of other white collar criminal cases.

We get a story every couple of weeks saying that Mueller is almost done. The one from two weeks ago had reporters breathlessly tweeting that they actually had law enforcement sources this time, and today I think we figured out who that source was. I don't know when he'll be done, but I doubt we'll have any question about whether it's over when the time comes.

I too hope this Mueller investigation is finally over.  It certainly looks like most of you posting in this thread are going to be incredibly disappointed.  

But that glosses over the fact that he has guys (Flynn) charged with way less than they've admitted to and he's keeping them on the hook by continuing their sentencing.
Point is good - maybe not that specific example because I think Mueller was ready to sentence Flynn - it was the Court that persuaded Flynn to show a little more cooperation.

But, I think there may be a reluctance on Mueller's part to actually indict family members or people in the administration - instead leaving that to congress or the DOJ

If only we had access to that pesky memo that was drawn up as Mueller's marching orders.  Then we'd be able to really know if this was a success or not.  

I think the chances of that are effectively zero. They would be actually zero if we knew for sure that Mueller wouldn't be fired.It's important to remember that Mueller has shown us that if you are an unhelpful tool (Papadapolous) or if you are actually cooperative but you don't have much to say (Pinedo), he's cool with sentencing you when your work is done.

I could buy that Mueller is charging guys with lying to Congress/the FBI in order to have a "report" in public. I actually think that's part of what he's doing in addition to trying to secure cooperators. But that glosses over the fact that he has guys (Flynn) charged with way less than they've admitted to and he's keeping them on the hook by continuing their sentencing.

It's my guess that we're headed for a day of reckoning where either a bunch of indictments are filed or one big one charging lots of people with conspiracy against the US, etc. is filed. I think we'll look back and see that Mueller was trying to shore up parts of the story by securing cooperators like Flynn, Manafort, Papa, etc. We already know that's been partly successful and partly not, just like lots of other white collar criminal cases.

We get a story every couple of weeks saying that Mueller is almost done. The one from two weeks ago had reporters breathlessly tweeting that they actually had law enforcement sources this time, and today I think we figured out who that source was. I don't know when he'll be done, but I doubt we'll have any question about whether it's over when the time comes.
Yeah I would find it very hard to believe that Don Jr is not getting indicted. He was the ringleader of the very Russian coordination that everyone else is going to jail for. Mueller has to play it smart though. If he'd of indicted him six months ago, Trump would have probably shut the whole thing down. He knows he's dealing with a man-child plus a cowardly Senate that will do anything he says. Just remember that Mueller is the smartest person in the room.

Meh. I'm glad you think that's all that matters. Tax evasion, witness tampering, money laundering, obstruction of justice.... Average US citizen will be facing 20 years for all of that

Meh. I'm glad you think that's all that matters. Tax evasion, witness tampering, money laundering, obstruction of justice.... Average US citizen will be facing 20 years for all of that
Just process crimes.

Users who are viewing this thread