What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Steelers probably can't afford another loss (1 Viewer)

timschochet said:
I can't believe there are Steeler fans in here hoping they lose more games to get a better draft pick. I hate that kind of thinking. You try to win every week.

There is nothing wrong with this team that can't be fixed. They just need to play better. There is not a single team they play in the next four games that I am scared of (of course, none of them are probably scared of the Steelers either at this point, but that's another issues-LOL). We CAN win all these games, and if we do, the Steelers will be in the playoffs. And if they are, they will be a scary team to play, having won 4 games in a row. And all of this will be forgotten.

Positive mental attitude, people! Ya gotta believe.

As far as the OP goes, I changed the title, that's it. I didn't change the opening post itself. I wrote in the previous title that the Steelers are still one of the best teams in the NFL. Obviously I was wrong about that. I still believe they can be one of the best teams, not just this year, but for the next several years.

We just need to start winning. Playing the Browns should help.
Nope.Steelers do NOT control their own destiny.

Possible outcome

AFC

#1 - Colts 16-0

#2 - Bengals 12-4 (Go 3-1, Lose to Vikings, Win San Diego, Kansas City, Jets)

#3 - Chargers 12-4 (Go 3-1, Lose to Bengals, Win Dallas, Tennessee, Washington)

#4 - Patriots 10-6 (Go 3-1, Lose to Jacksonville, Win Carolina, Buffalo, Houston)

#5 - Denver 11-5 (Go 3-1, Lose to Indy, Win Oakland, Philly, Kansas City)

#6 - Jacksonville 10-6 (Go 3-1, Lose to Indy, Win Miami, New England, Cleveland)

Steelers finish 10-6 and are out.

I am sure there are other scenarios.

Last edited by a moderator:
timschochet said:
5-ish Finkle said:
This team looks like it's given up, no matter what kind of spin any of the staff, players or FO try to put on it. THAT is what bothers me the most.
I don't buy it. I saw the frustration on the faces yesterday of Big Ben, Harrison, Burnett (when he dropped the pass) Woodley, Ward, etc. I simply don't believe these guys have given up. They're just making stupid mistakes, and letting games slip through their fingers. Of the 6 games they lost this year, I think they were clearly better than at least 4 of those teams and outplayed them all. Just dumb errors. They can be corrected.
Typical Steeler fan response here......nobody is better than the Steelers they simply beat themselves.....
:confused: Tim is the only one saying it -- the rest of us are conceding the Steelers stink right now and the Raiders were the better team.
Not all Steelers fans, but when you listen to the Pittsburgh media, it's same thing....we beat ourselves.

timschochet said:
5-ish Finkle said:
This team looks like it's given up, no matter what kind of spin any of the staff, players or FO try to put on it. THAT is what bothers me the most.
I don't buy it. I saw the frustration on the faces yesterday of Big Ben, Harrison, Burnett (when he dropped the pass) Woodley, Ward, etc. I simply don't believe these guys have given up. They're just making stupid mistakes, and letting games slip through their fingers. Of the 6 games they lost this year, I think they were clearly better than at least 4 of those teams and outplayed them all. Just dumb errors. They can be corrected.
Typical Steeler fan response here......nobody is better than the Steelers they simply beat themselves.....
:confused: Tim is the only one saying it -- the rest of us are conceding the Steelers stink right now and the Raiders were the better team.
:unsure:It's like he ignored all of the other responses from all of the other Steeler fans. Typical Raider fan.

timschochet said:
5-ish Finkle said:
I congratulated the Raiders. Is it wrong for me to believe the Steelers are a better team than Oakland? Perhaps it is, but I continue to believe it. No offense to Oakland. Godsbrother may be right that I am in the minority, but I shouldn't be.

timschochet said:
5-ish Finkle said:
Not all Steelers fans, but when you listen to the Pittsburgh media, it's same thing....we beat ourselves.
Would you like some links as to what the Pittsburgh/Steeler media is saying about the team, because it would blow your idea to ####.

Tomlin may bench some starters against Cleveland

Monday, December 07, 2009

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mike Tomlin promised possible sweeping changes to the Steelers lineup for their next game in Cleveland Thursday night.

Enduring a four-game losing streak that has knocked his team to 6-6, Tomlin said there is an "undesirable pattern of behavior" in losing games in the fourth quarter and that he will take an "aggressive look at potential changes" in his lineup and his schemes.

Among the changes he noted is the likelihood that rookie cornerbacks Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis not only will play but could start against Cleveland and that veteran cornerback Ike Taylor possibly could lose his starting job.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09341/10190...l#ixzz0Z1vY5WKa
I'm not sure that inserting two rookie corners is the way to go with this. I thought Ike was playing fairly well this year.

Nope.Steelers do NOT control their own destiny.Possible outcomeAFC#1 - Colts 16-0#2 - Bengals 12-4 (Go 3-1, Lose to Vikings, Win San Diego, Kansas City, Jets)#3 - Chargers 12-4 (Go 3-1, Lose to Bengals, Win Dallas, Tennessee, Washington)#4 - Patriots 10-6 (Go 3-1, Lose to Jacksonville, Win Carolina, Buffalo, Houston) #5 - Denver 11-5 (Go 3-1, Lose to Indy, Win Oakland, Philly, Kansas City)#6 - Jacksonville 10-6 (Go 3-1, Lose to Indy, Win Miami, New England, Cleveland)Steelers finish 10-6 and are out.I am sure there are other scenarios.
That's a lot that has to happen. If the Steelers can win out, I'll take my chances.

Mike Tomlin promised possible sweeping changes to the Steelers lineup for their next game in Cleveland Thursday night.

Enduring a four-game losing streak that has knocked his team to 6-6, Tomlin said there is an "undesirable pattern of behavior" in losing games in the fourth quarter and that he will take an "aggressive look at potential changes" in his lineup and his schemes.

Among the changes he noted is the likelihood that rookie cornerbacks Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis not only will play but could start against Cleveland and that veteran cornerback Ike Taylor possibly could lose his starting job.

I'm not sure that inserting two rookie corners is the way to go with this. I thought Ike was playing fairly well this year.
Damned if he does damned if he doesn't ....

timschochet said:
I can't believe there are Steeler fans in here hoping they lose more games to get a better draft pick. I hate that kind of thinking. You try to win every week.

There is nothing wrong with this team that can't be fixed. They just need to play better. There is not a single team they play in the next four games that I am scared of (of course, none of them are probably scared of the Steelers either at this point, but that's another issues-LOL). We CAN win all these games, and if we do, the Steelers will be in the playoffs. And if they are, they will be a scary team to play, having won 4 games in a row. And all of this will be forgotten.

Positive mental attitude, people! Ya gotta believe.

As far as the OP goes, I changed the title, that's it. I didn't change the opening post itself. I wrote in the previous title that the Steelers are still one of the best teams in the NFL. Obviously I was wrong about that. I still believe they can be one of the best teams, not just this year, but for the next several years.

We just need to start winning. Playing the Browns should help.
Nope.Steelers do NOT control their own destiny.

Possible outcome

AFC

#1 - Colts 16-0

#2 - Bengals 12-4 (Go 3-1, Lose to Vikings, Win San Diego, Kansas City, Jets)

#3 - Chargers 12-4 (Go 3-1, Lose to Bengals, Win Dallas, Tennessee, Washington)

#4 - Patriots 10-6 (Go 3-1, Lose to Jacksonville, Win Carolina, Buffalo, Houston)

#5 - Denver 11-5 (Go 3-1, Lose to Indy, Win Oakland, Philly, Kansas City)

#6 - Jacksonville 10-6 (Go 3-1, Lose to Indy, Win Miami, New England, Cleveland)

Steelers finish 10-6 and are out.

I am sure there are other scenarios.
If the Colts beat Denver - they'll sit a lot of starters in their Thursday night game vs. the Jags (because they'll clinch HFA).

Would you like some links as to what the Pittsburgh/Steeler media is saying about the team, because it would blow your idea to ####.

I'm also not arguing the fact that the Steelers are a better team than the Raiders. I'm arguing the fact that EVERY game they lose is because of a dropped interception or a blown call. Never is the other team simply better. Sorry, maybe I am ranting about being a non-Steeler fan in Steeler country.....

Wait a minute. Is there suddenly something wrong with saying that the Steelers are better than the Raiders and that the Steelers beat themselves? No disrespect to Oakland, but that is exactly what happened. The Steelers blew two chances in the redzone with poor playcalling and came up with zero points. They made one error after another on defense. It happens. I truly believe that if these two teams played 10 times, the Steelers would win about 7 or so. With NFL teams, you can't get any better odds than that- there's too much talent on EVERY team. So what we saw yesterday happens 30% of the time. That does not make the Raiders the better team; far from it.

I agree I would not bench Ike. While he isn't playing great he is miles ahead of Gay who should have been benched after the KC game.

Wait a minute. Is there suddenly something wrong with saying that the Steelers are better than the Raiders and that the Steelers beat themselves? No disrespect to Oakland, but that is exactly what happened.
Check the stats (and more importantly the scoreboard) , the Steelers did NOT outplay Oakland at all. Sure the Steelers blew a couple chances in the red zone but don't you think Oakland had anything to do with it?

Nope.Steelers do NOT control their own destiny.Possible outcomeAFC#1 - Colts 16-0#2 - Bengals 12-4 (Go 3-1, Lose to Vikings, Win San Diego, Kansas City, Jets)#3 - Chargers 12-4 (Go 3-1, Lose to Bengals, Win Dallas, Tennessee, Washington)#4 - Patriots 10-6 (Go 3-1, Lose to Jacksonville, Win Carolina, Buffalo, Houston) #5 - Denver 11-5 (Go 3-1, Lose to Indy, Win Oakland, Philly, Kansas City)#6 - Jacksonville 10-6 (Go 3-1, Lose to Indy, Win Miami, New England, Cleveland)Steelers finish 10-6 and are out.I am sure there are other scenarios.
That's a lot that has to happen. If the Steelers can win out, I'll take my chances.
It's not a lot, there is more than 1 scenario.I'm sure the Pat's fans thought the same way last year winning their last 4 to go 11-5 and still not making it.

I'm also not arguing the fact that the Steelers are a better team than the Raiders. I'm arguing the fact that EVERY game they lose is because of a dropped interception or a blown call. Never is the other team simply better. Sorry, maybe I am ranting about being a non-Steeler fan in Steeler country.....
Well, they did lose Sunday's game because of a dropped interception. :shrug:

I think there are fans of every team that does this. Not me. If the Steelers are not as good as another team, I will say so. I thought that one of the teams the Steelers beat this year, the Vikings, were better than Pittsburgh. (That was when they played.) I think the second time the Bengals played the Steelers they were better than the Steelers, on that day (not during the first meeting.) And I think the Ravens were better than the Steelers led by Dennis Dixon.)

Other than those three games, I thought the Steelers were the better team in every game they've played this year.

Wait a minute. Is there suddenly something wrong with saying that the Steelers are better than the Raiders and that the Steelers beat themselves? No disrespect to Oakland, but that is exactly what happened.
Check the stats (and more importantly the scoreboard) , the Steelers did NOT outplay Oakland at all. Sure the Steelers blew a couple chances in the red zone but don't you think Oakland had anything to do with it?
:shrug: Thank you.Sometimes a better team does lose, but when a team loses 4 in a row and says they should have, could have, or would have won because a bunch of if's, maybe they are not the better team.

I'm also not arguing the fact that the Steelers are a better team than the Raiders. I'm arguing the fact that EVERY game they lose is because of a dropped interception or a blown call. Never is the other team simply better.
Most fans have a tendency to focus on plays they felt their team should have made instead of looking at the other team on the field -- it isn't just Steelers fans.Having said that most of us agree that Oakland outplayed the Steelers and were the better team yesterday.

Of course. And so did playcalling and mistakes. Oakland, like every other team in the NFL, is laden with great talent at every position. You will not beat them if you make too many mistakes. The Steelers made too many mistakes.

:shrug: Thank you.Sometimes a better team does lose, but when a team loses 4 in a row and says they should have, could have, or would have won because a bunch of if's, maybe they are not the better team.
Aside from Tim, who is arguing this? The Steeler fans in here are pretty beat up and have conceded that unless there is a miracle, the Steelers will be heading home early this year.

If the Steelers had lost 4 games in a row to the Raiders, I would agree with you.

:unsure: Thank you.Sometimes a better team does lose, but when a team loses 4 in a row and says they should have, could have, or would have won because a bunch of if's, maybe they are not the better team.
Aside from Tim, who is arguing this? The Steeler fans in here are pretty beat up and have conceded that unless there is a miracle, the Steelers will be heading home early this year.
No one, being a newby to Pittsburgh, it just seems like this attitude is unique to the area, but maybe I am just being too sensitive.....I'll shut up now and enjoy my infrequent wins!

Winnng 4 games in a row (and having a few other losses occur) would hardly be a miracle. It happens every year in the NFL. Last year, it happened to San Diego. Is it more unlikely than likely to happen? Sure. But if it does happen, it won't be a miracle.

:unsure: Thank you.Sometimes a better team does lose, but when a team loses 4 in a row and says they should have, could have, or would have won because a bunch of if's, maybe they are not the better team.
No one, being a newby to Pittsburgh, it just seems like this attitude is unique to the area, but maybe I am just being too sensitive.....I'll shut up now and enjoy my infrequent wins!
As a previous resident of 3 major cities, I can assure you that it's not unique to Pittsburgh. Good point -- enjoy the win and shut up :unsure:

It's not unique to pittsburgh at all. I live in Philly and it's the same thing from the majority of fans. It's always the Eagles beat themselves because of either poor coaching or execution. It happens in almost all sports towns.

Winnng 4 games in a row (and having a few other losses occur) would hardly be a miracle. It happens every year in the NFL. Last year, it happened to San Diego. Is it more unlikely than likely to happen? Sure. But if it does happen, it won't be a miracle.
Tim, I know you're the most optimistic Steelers fan on here and I can appreciate that. With that said, what on Earth have you seen from the Steelers during the past 4 weeks that makes you think they have even the slightest chance of winning out?

Tim, I know you're the most optimistic Steelers fan on here and I can appreciate that. With that said, what on Earth have you seen from the Steelers during the past 4 weeks that makes you think they have even the slightest chance of winning out?
More bad news: Polamalu won't play again this week, Tomlin is talking about starting 2 new CBs and Ward will likely sit out the game with a hamstring. According to Tomlin either Wallace or Sweed will start at WR against Cleveland. I am surprised Sweed would be considered but I suppose they want to leave Wallace in the #3 spot. If Ward sits out they'll need to sign another WR. I expect it to be Sean McDonald unless he is still injured. If so I have no diea who is out there.Any way you slice it it is looking ugly for the Steelers. Browns fans: this could be your week.

More bad news: Polamalu won't play again this week, Tomlin is talking about starting 2 new CBs and Ward will likely sit out the game with a hamstring. According to Tomlin either Wallace or Sweed will start at WR against Cleveland. I am surprised Sweed would be considered but I suppose they want to leave Wallace in the #3 spot. If Ward sits out they'll need to sign another WR. I expect it to be Sean McDonald unless he is still injured. If so I have no diea who is out there.Any way you slice it it is looking ugly for the Steelers. Browns fans: this could be your week.
I'll be in Cleveland for the game :boxing:

The hits just keep on coming, eh?Two rookie corners, neither of which have looked good since about game 2 of the PS, may start and still no Troy? Awesome. Yeah, I understand Tomlin could be pulling the whole "they'll get a series then I'll put Gay/Taylor back in to send a message" gimmick, but that's at least even odds to spot the Browns 7 if he does it. As poor as the DBs have played, I can understand the argument for "how much worse could it get?", but geezuz.....Potentially no Ward and more PT for Sweed? Sweet. It appears we'll get to see a couple more dropped TDs before the season's out.If this team hasn't folded its tent yet(and I believe that it clearly has) it sure as s@#$ will do so if they lose to the Browns.

If the Colts beat Denver - they'll sit a lot of starters in their Thursday night game vs. the Jags (because they'll clinch HFA).
If Indy starts resting a lot of starters in week 15, they are morons. They should play full tilt all the way till the end, maybe resting players for the bulk of the week 17 game. Resting players too early killed them in '05 and enough players and coaches are still there to where they won't make that mistake again (again, unless they are morons)

Seems odd that Hines is going to sit for a hammy ... I don't recall seeing him get injured.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Ben sitting vs the Ravens :goodposting:

Seems odd that Hines is going to sit for a hammy ... I don't recall seeing him get injured. I wonder if this has anything to do with Ben sitting vs the Ravens :tinfoilhat:
Ben said something about it while discussing the last hail mary attempt, something to the effect of he lined Ward up on the other side because he saw he was limping and then he threw it up hoping Sweed would come down with it because of his height advantage.

Seems odd that Hines is going to sit for a hammy ... I don't recall seeing him get injured. I wonder if this has anything to do with Ben sitting vs the Ravens :tinfoilhat:
Ben said something about it while discussing the last hail mary attempt, something to the effect of he lined Ward up on the other side because he saw he was limping and then he threw it up hoping Sweed would come down with it because of his height advantage.
Ahh, I see. Thx.

If Indy starts resting a lot of starters in week 15, they are morons. They should play full tilt all the way till the end, maybe resting players for the bulk of the week 17 game. Resting players too early killed them in '05 and enough players and coaches are still there to where they won't make that mistake again (again, unless they are morons)
Yeah, sitting players before week 17 doesn't make a lot of sense unless they are banged up. They're already going to get a week off when the playoffs start.

5. I don't think the defense is nearly as bad as it's been playing. The linebackers have been oh so close to making tackles on key plays that they've whiffed.4. The Steelers are losing on big pass plays. They are still not allowing teams to run the ball against them. Big pass plays are like three point shots in basketball. In the end, this evens out. If you stop the run, you will still be mostly successful in football. The Steelers continue to do this, and I believe it will pay off.

3. Cleveland, Green Bay, Baltimore (at home), Miami. With the exception of Cleveland, these are all decent teams. But they're not world beaters, and none of them should be as good as the team they're facing, at least on paper. It's not like we're going against Indy, New Orleans, Minnesota, San Diego, Arizona, etc. These are all winnable games. I guarantee you the Steelers will be in every one of these games late in the 4th quarter; it's just a matter of finishing. Granted, that's something Pittsburgh has not done well this year, but it's something they can do well.

2. If they can get through the first couple, Troy should be back for the last two. Obviously, he makes a crucial difference. I guarantee you he will not let the defense give up. (Not that I think they have, anyhow.)

1. Ben Roethlisberger will WILL this team to victory. He tried yesterday. He was terrific in the 4th quarter, just like all last year. We have one of the elite, franchise QBs in football, and when you have that, you're never out.

Sure I'm optimistic. But why not be? We're still alive, anything can happen. We've all seen teams in this situation before do amazing things. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

timschochet said:
5-ish Finkle said:
:mellow: Tim is the only one saying it -- the rest of us are conceding the Steelers stink right now and the Raiders were the better team.
The Steelers did beat themselves. At the end of the day it does not matter a loss is a loss.

All right I concede. The Steelers are awful. Can't explain it. But they've simply been dreadful the last several weeks. Tonight, all credit to the Browns, they played incredibly great defense (as good as I've seen any team play this year.) They had 8 sacks.

What a miserable, miserable season for Pittsburgh. This is essentially the same team that won the SB last year. A few weeks ago, I was calling them one of the best teams in football. They've now lost to most of the worst teams.

Well, let's get a good draft pick, at least.

All right I concede. The Steelers are awful. Can't explain it. But they've simply been dreadful the last several weeks. Tonight, all credit to the Browns, they played incredibly great defense (as good as I've seen any team play this year.) They had 8 sacks.What a miserable, miserable season for Pittsburgh. This is essentially the same team that won the SB last year. A few weeks ago, I was calling them one of the best teams in football. They've now lost to most of the worst teams. Well, let's get a good draft pick, at least.
5 straight weeks of losing to the likes of KC, Oakland and Cleveland is more than just several weeks. Major changes need to be made. OC and special teams coach need to be sent packing and the last few drafts have been major disappointments overall besides Mendenall and Timmons. Way too much talent on this roster even with the injuries to put up this lack of effort displayed by the Steelers this year.

Wait a minute. Is there suddenly something wrong with saying that the Steelers are better than the Raiders and that the Steelers beat themselves? No disrespect to Oakland, but that is exactly what happened. The Steelers blew two chances in the redzone with poor playcalling and came up with zero points. They made one error after another on defense. It happens. I truly believe that if these two teams played 10 times, the Steelers would win about 7 or so. With NFL teams, you can't get any better odds than that- there's too much talent on EVERY team. So what we saw yesterday happens 30% of the time. That does not make the Raiders the better team; far from it.
Chiefs, Raiders, Browns... I guess they would win 7 straight from here on out against this kind of team?

Granted, after this loss it will be tough to win the division. But Pittsburgh will be a wildcard team, and it will be a team no one wants to play in the playoffs, mark my words. Congrats to the Chiefs for not giving up today. Right now, things look bad in Steelerland and I'm sure all of the haters and naysayers will commence the trashing. Go ahead and have your fun. We will be be back. And not just this year, either. This is going to be a VERY good team for years to come.
Yeah I think the Rams don't want to see the Steelers in the playoffs. Nice to see you have come to your senses Tim with yesterday's loss. I though you would have said something like "If the wind had not blown so much, the Steelers would have beat the Browns"

#1. Cincy

#2. KC

#3. Baltimore

#4. Oakland

And One for the Thumb - Cleveland!

Steelers might finish the season on an 8-game losing streak.

#1. Cincy#2. KC#3. Baltimore#4. OaklandAnd One for the Thumb - Cleveland!Steelers might finish the season on an 8-game losing streak.
That is entirely possible though this is the NFL and ANYTHING can happen. If it does it will the first time the Steelers finished 0-8 in the second half since Chuck Noll's rookie season as HC in 1969.

All right I concede. The Steelers are awful. Can't explain it.
#1 - A QB who likes to pass from the Shot Gun instead of from under center#2 - Because of #1 its tough to get a running game going#3 - Because of #1 & #2 it makes it much more difficult on the O-line #4 - You and I could start at the corners and do just as well.

#1 - A QB who likes to pass from the Shot Gun instead of from under center#2 - Because of #1 its tough to get a running game going#3 - Because of #1 & #2 it makes it much more difficult on the O-line #4 - You and I could start at the corners and do just as well.
Yet #1-#3 were true last season and in the first half of this season when they were 6-2. The problem is not the scheme it is in the game planning, the execution and the attitude of the team.

Yet #1-#3 were true last season and in the first half of this season when they were 6-2. The problem is not the scheme it is in the game planning, the execution and the attitude of the team.
However they averaged more running attempts and less passing attempts last year and statistically Ben is having a better year this year.

steelers homer here. i have read posts from several steelers haters around FBG and they have every right to rip the entire team a new one. the past five games represent the worst collective performance of coaching and playing from the pittsburgh steelers in 40 years. as a fan i am ashamed to be associated at all with this collection of arrogant, lax, cocky, soft, uninspired and unintelligent football men. those calling for tomlin's job will not get it, not for another five years at least, but if coach Arians and Ligashesky are back next year i will be surprised.

not only am i angered and disappointed and embarassed by the play of the team, i am also surprised at the lack of fire and intensity off the field. the fans are spitting nails (as you can tell from my rant) but the players and coaches just repeat the party line about improving every week. there is no joey porter to rally the troops, no expletive-laced tirade to indicate the fire in the belly we fans expect from this team. this is not my pittsburgh steelers. enjoy the months of tearing us apart if you like--the players and coaches have deserved it and i, for one, have no problem doling out the criticism they have earned. they sicken me.

steelers homer here. i have read posts from several steelers haters around FBG and they have every right to rip the entire team a new one. the past five games represent the worst collective performance of coaching and playing from the pittsburgh steelers in 40 years. as a fan i am ashamed to be associated at all with this collection of arrogant, lax, cocky, soft, uninspired and unintelligent football men. those calling for tomlin's job will not get it, not for another five years at least, but if coach Arians and Ligashesky are back next year i will be surprised.not only am i angered and disappointed and embarassed by the play of the team, i am also surprised at the lack of fire and intensity off the field. the fans are spitting nails (as you can tell from my rant) but the players and coaches just repeat the party line about improving every week. there is no joey porter to rally the troops, no expletive-laced tirade to indicate the fire in the belly we fans expect from this team. this is not my pittsburgh steelers. enjoy the months of tearing us apart if you like--the players and coaches have deserved it and i, for one, have no problem doling out the criticism they have earned. they sicken me.
I feel for you, but lets be honest about the team as of today. It's team leader on defense has not played 9 games this season, they have little talent in their secondary, their QB has put enough pressure on the O'cord to turn the team into a pass first offense instead of a balanced offense and their O-line is mediocre at best. The Steelers may not be as talented of a team as they have lead their fans to believe.

I heard an interesting theory about Ben missing the Baltimore game. He is a well-known drama queen, so the theory is that during the week of practice after the KC concussion, he was doing his usual thing of talking about how bad he was hurt and having "headaches," when things weren't really that bad and he had every intention of playing. But because of all the attention now being focused on concussions, the doctors took his complaints seriously and made him sit out the game Sunday. At that point, it was too late for him to say that he didn't really have headaches and was just hyping the injury for attention, as usual.

That's why the team was so pissed, and that even though Ward eventually said all the right things publicly, their (lack of) effort on the field in the weeks since Ben sat out the Ravens game has reflected the true division within the locker room.

Users who are viewing this thread