What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Steelers probably can't afford another loss (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
Granted, after this loss it will be tough to win the division. But Pittsburgh will be a wildcard team, and it will be a team no one wants to play in the playoffs, mark my words. Congrats to the Chiefs for not giving up today. Right now, things look bad in Steelerland and I'm sure all of the haters and naysayers will commence the trashing. Go ahead and have your fun. We will be be back. And not just this year, either. This is going to be a VERY good team for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We"? I just love that they broke the hearts of so many people in survivor pools everywhere.
Yes, we. If you're a true fan of the team, there is nothing wrong with saying "we." I've always felt this was one of the stupidest criticisms I've ever heard. Who pays for the Steelers' salaries? Me and the millions of other fans who support them by watching them each week, paying for their product, paying for the games when we attend. My contribution to the pocketbooks of the Steelers has been substantial over the last 30 years. I get to say "we" and so does every other Steeler fan.

They are not playing like one of the best teams right now. Good teams always find a way to win and unfortunately, they haven't. They gave the game away today. Hats off to the Chiefs for finding a way to win.

Unless the Steelers get hot and go on a run, I seriously doubt they will do any damage in the playoffs, assuming they even make it to the playoffs.

Granted, after this loss it will be tough to win the division. But Pittsburgh will be a wildcard team, and it will be a team no one wants to play in the playoffs, mark my words. Congrats to the Chiefs for not giving up today. Right now, things look bad in Steelerland and I'm sure all of the haters and naysayers will commence the trashing. Go ahead and have your fun. We will be be back. And not just this year, either. This is going to be a VERY good team for years to come.
:lmao:

"We"?

I just love that they broke the hearts of so many people in survivor pools everywhere.
Yes, we. If you're a true fan of the team, there is nothing wrong with saying "we." I've always felt this was one of the stupidest criticisms I've ever heard. Who pays for the Steelers' salaries? Me and the millions of other fans who support them by watching them each week, paying for their product, paying for the games when we attend. My contribution to the pocketbooks of the Steelers has been substantial over the last 30 years. I get to say "we" and so does every other Steeler fan.
and over 100 millions of people who don't even watch football. WE? Have fun at practice next week! The only fans that can say we are the Packer Stockholders.

"We"? I just love that they broke the hearts of so many people in survivor pools everywhere.
Can I say "we" then when referring to companies of products I buy?Also, I own a few shares of Pfizer.....can I say "we" when talking about what Pfizer does (for example, WE might acquire a smaller drug company)?The whole "we" thing is just dumb. Is it that much harder to say "they"?

I'm sorry but the Steelers are not still one of the best teams in football. In terms of talent, yes they are. In terms of production on the football field; No they are not. Terrible coaching.

tim is a :thumbup: .this is rather standard spewage he does as a fake steeler fan.
How am I fishing exactly? I haven't written anything I don't honestly believe.We still have a chance to win the division. It will be tough, but we can do it.If we don't do it, we can get in as a wildcard, and do lots of damage.If we don't get in, we'll be back next year. GO STEELERS

I'm sorry but the Steelers are not still one of the best teams in football. In terms of talent, yes they are. In terms of production on the football field; No they are not. Terrible coaching.
It hasn't been good. I trust Tomlin, though. They can reverse this.

I'm sorry but the Steelers are not still one of the best teams in football. In terms of talent, yes they are. In terms of production on the football field; No they are not.
Fisher when the Titans were 0-6It's a performance based league. You are what your record says you are. You don't that? Go win a game.

Can I say "we" then when referring to companies of products I buy?Also, I own a few shares of Pfizer.....can I say "we" when talking about what Pfizer does (for example, WE might acquire a smaller drug company)?The whole "we" thing is just dumb. Is it that much harder to say "they"?
:goodposting: When Wal-Mart treats its employees poorly do you say "we" should treat them better? When McDonald's introduced the McGriddle Sandwich did you say "we" have a new breakfast treat? Shareholders can say it I suppose but I won't unless I own over 1% of a company.

As a lifelong Steeler fan, and after being beaten by one of the 3 least talented rosters in the NFL, I am embarrassed that a thread like this exists.

Sometimes, it is painfully obvious why so many dislike Steeler fans so much.

Congrats to the KC Chiefs is about the only thing Steelers fans should be saying today.

Is there a point to this thread?

You say all the haters and naysayers will be back. All you're doing with this thread is inviting them.

Is there a point to this thread?

You say all the haters and naysayers will be back. All you're doing with this thread is inviting them.
Sometimes, you gotta say positive things (such as the OP) to make it all better. :goodposting: It's a feel good thing.As a Steelers fan, I admit that I am extremely nervous about our chances to make the playoffs.

As long as they have a good QB they will be fine....As soon as windshields start finishin the job then you might wanna start worrying.

And terrible discipline. This team lacks focus. Tomlin let up on them this season and it's showing.

No theyre not. They look terrible right now and to be honest, they dont even belong in the playoffs right now. The secondary is about as useful as a #### flavored lollipop. Take off the homer glasses cuz theyre not even in the top 5 with the wat theyre playing now.....ETA - their special teams are just that......special!

As long as they have a good QB they will be fine....As soon as windshields start finishin the job then you might wanna start worrying.
It must be a great year to be a Cincy football fan. Great college team, NFL team is doing well. :thumbup:

No theyre not. They look terrible right now and to be honest, they dont even belong in the playoffs right now. The secondary is about as useful as a #### flavored lollipop. Take off the homer glasses cuz theyre not even in the top 5 with the wat theyre playing now.....ETA - their special teams are just that......special!
If Polamalu is playing, teams will respect the Steelers.

Do you say "we" if you own shares of a company as well?I own Intel stock. I wouldn't say 'We had to make a tough decision settling with AMD, but that 1.25 billion settlement will allow our company to move forward without this hanging in the background'

Users who are viewing this thread