What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Tail of Dixie the Cat (1 Viewer)

sublimeone

Footballguy
A few years ago I discovered Dixie outside of my building. I brought her up to my place, gave her some tuna and let her hang around for a bit. She would mostly stay on the patio and would often walk around the ledge of my building -- 3 stories up. She would go missing for days at a time but always returned. Dixie was a sweet cat but preferred the outdoors to domestic living.

I stayed at my parents for a few weeks in-between moves and since it was getting cold out I brought Dixie with me. During that time my mom fell in love with Dixie and was having pretty good success getting her to stay in the house... but inevitably she would start whining at the door and my dad would let her out. Anyway, I left Dixie to live with my parents and she's been coming and going a little less often since she started living with my mom and dad. Most mornings after my dad let her out she'd be waiting by the back door to be let inside for breakfast.

For the last week and a half or so she has been missing. My mom is growing more and more concerned because we've had some pretty sever weather and then I made a discovery... I stopped by Monday night to shovel their driveway and all the way at the end of the driveway, near the drainage ditch I see Dixie's tail. Nothing else. No body, no blood, bones, guts etc... Just her tail. It's so weird, it's like her tail was cleanly severed and just dropped at the end of the driveway.

My dad couldn't believe it when I showed him. He went digging through the snow bank to see if he could uncover any evidence but didn't find anything. My initial thought is a coyote might have got her but why would it leave the tail? Why would anything that would kill a cat, cleanly sever a tail, move it from the kill scene and drop it somewhere else? I'm just going to let mom think Dixie found a new home. I don't think she could handle this.

RIP Dixie

I would still be looking at some local animal shelters. She might still be alive.

Sorry if she's not.

The cat crawled up under the hood of a recently parked car that was still warm. Someone then got in that car and started it. The cat's tail was severed then. The car drove off. The cat went along for the ride minus the tail which is why you didnt find blood at the scene. The cat is most likely alive, but just in a different location and doesn't know its way back. If its real cold the cat could freeze to death I guess, I don't know your locale though. You could check the pound, but people just don't call in loose cats like they do dogs.

I grew up with cats my whole life. I lived out in the country so they were not indoor cats. Once my brother was in town, over 3 miles away, and stopped to get gas. One of our cats came out from under the car with its tail cut off. Another time one of my cats went missing from my house for awhile. I was at my grandmas in town, again over 3 miles away, sometime the next week and my grandma asked me if I wanted a stray cat that she had taken in. It was my cat from home.

The cat crawled up under the hood of a recently parked car that was still warm. Someone then got in that car and started it. The cat's tail was severed then. The car drove off. The cat went along for the ride minus the tail which is why you didnt find blood at the scene. The cat is most likely alive, but just in a different location and doesn't know its way back. If its real cold the cat could freeze to death I guess, I don't know your locale though. You could check the pound, but people just don't call in loose cats like they do dogs.

I grew up with cats my whole life. I lived out in the country so they were not indoor cats. Once my brother was in town, over 3 miles away, and stopped to get gas. One of our cats came out from under the car with its tail cut off. Another time one of my cats went missing from my house for awhile. I was at my grandmas in town, again over 3 miles away, sometime the next week and my grandma asked me if I wanted a stray cat that she had taken in. It was my cat from home.
Interesting theory. That actually makes a lot of sense because it was right next to the street.

Interesting theory. That actually makes a lot of sense because it was right next to the street.
If it's a small town you could advertise, or maybe ask the neighbors who might know who parked there.

tud_duke said:

Top notch theorizing, nearing Sherlockesque. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread