What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Third 100 from 1969. #1: Everyday People (1 Viewer)

Rumor has it that a preliminary list of 400 songs has already been prepared and can be pared down to 100 by next month. The final 100 may include 5-6 songs on Pip's list of missed cuts, but I could inquire about having them replaced.
Go for it. My "missed cuts" are not canon and can be included (or not) as desired. 

Thanks for going on this journey with me. Since wikkid has Mandela Effect'd himself into thinking I did a 1971 countdown, I might as well do one for real. I was thinking about doing it anyway during the process of this project and I already have a #1 picked out. Work is busy the next few weeks but maybe I'll have something ready in early March. 
My god, 1971 was ridiculous. Gonna have so much cutting to do. 

My god, 1971 was ridiculous. Gonna have so much cutting to do. 
you guys did yeoman work on '69, but '71's the 1. i was a runaway the entire year, so heard Baba & Roundabout & What's Goin On & Low Spark on car radios from rides. my BFF these last 50 yrs became so cuz his folks were never home so i could crash when i'd circle homeward from points west, and he'd spend the entire sesh heppin' me up to the haps

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys did yeoman work on '69, but '71's the 1. i was a runaway the entire year, so heard Baba & Roundabout & What's Goin On & Low Spark on car radios from rides. my BFF these last 50 yrs became so cuz his folks were never home so i could crash when i'd circle homeward from points west, and he'd spend the entire sesh heppin' me up to the haps
I would have to agree that it's #1 -- which was also Tim's premise when he began that list. May also be biased because it's the year I was born. 

There was other Carole Music that year...
to clarify once again, i aint got nothing against Carole King's talent or output. there's not a song on her runaway hit album which i find truly objectionable.

twas Tapestry's deification by distaff dormitory denizens which curdled my id. i never applied to college, didnt attend and simply wasnt the type the average co-ed would consider the aesthetic choice as nominee for a crisp, fall afternoon dalliance. so the fact that i received numerous invitations for same was a source of essential triumph for your humble servant.

twasnt the sex, per se. the same reason i would receive these invitations - that i was in the creative entourage of a groundbreaking & resonant female musical artist - was the same reason i'd likely already had my fill of frantic, matriculating hoochies the night before. these collegial assignations were the ultimate validation for any young man - being pursued by rich, beautiful young women light years out of my league in an age when a tryst was still both a celebration of sexual discovery and a tacit marriage audition. even bliss does not hiss like this!!!

then *THUD* would her vinyl Holy of Holies fall upon the turntable so that i could drink in the fullness of realization that the Earth moved under her feet, too. every capillary below my neck would soften as those above my collar seized into constriction. a turpidine shudder would befall me with the deadly import of a turbine trip in a nuclear facility as Miss King's plaintive drone would laminate my libido. having been raised well, i would keep what always felt like my last smile upon my faithless gob throughout before the excuse to her that most bucks dread to hear from them.

time............after time............after time............after time...........after time. doubtless will i venture that few have earned the ardor of their contempt for a work of art so well. nufced

to clarify once again, i aint got nothing against Carole King's talent or output. there's not a song on her runaway hit album which i find truly objectionable.

twas Tapestry's deification by distaff dormitory denizens which curdled my id. i never applied to college, didnt attend and simply wasnt the type the average co-ed would consider the aesthetic choice as nominee for a crisp, fall afternoon dalliance. so the fact that i received numerous invitations for same was a source of essential triumph for your humble servant.

twasnt the sex, per se. the same reason i would receive these invitations - that i was in the creative entourage of a groundbreaking & resonant female musical artist - was the same reason i'd likely already had my fill of frantic, matriculating hoochies the night before. these collegial assignations were the ultimate validation for any young man - being pursued by rich, beautiful young women light years out of my league in an age when a tryst was still both a celebration of sexual discovery and a tacit marriage audition. even bliss does not hiss like this!!!

then *THUD* would her vinyl Holy of Holies fall upon the turntable so that i could drink in the fullness of realization that the Earth moved under her feet, too. every capillary below my neck would soften as those above my collar seized into constriction. a turpidine shudder would befall me with the deadly import of a turbine trip in a nuclear facility as Miss King's plaintive drone would laminate my libido. having been raised well, i would keep what always felt like my last smile upon my faithless gob throughout before the excuse to her that most bucks dread to hear from them.

time............after time............after time............after time...........after time. doubtless will i venture that few have earned the ardor of their contempt for a work of art so well. nufced
I've seen you post the "Carole King killed my libido" story before. 

Tori Amos kind of serves the same function for me -- not that I had anywhere near the opportunities that you did. More like a "if she's into Tori, she's not going to be into me at all" sense. After a while you can discern who your magnetism attracts and who it repels. 

Users who are viewing this thread