What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest one is welfare reform, making sure folks aren't gaming the system and that we are encouraging people to go to work.  Obamacare was an awful entitlement,  it needs to go away.  I believe keeping social security and medicare intact for folks that have paid their whole lives makes sense if possible.
What reforms do you think Paul Ryan will propose that will help these issues*?

*I think these issues are way overblown, but I'd still like to hear your/Ryan's proposals.

It is my belief based on economics and experience that Republican policies are better for the stock market.
This article says your belief is wrong.  The average increase during a democratic presidency is 82.7%, while only 44.8% during a republican presidency.  The annual rate of return during a democratic presidency is 7%, more than double the annual return of 3% during a republican presidency.

This article says your belief is wrong.  The average increase during a democratic presidency is 82.7%, while only 44.8% during a republican presidency.  The annual rate of return during a democratic presidency is 7%, more than double the annual return of 3% during a republican presidency.
Presidents can't make policy on their own, congress must also pass.  It is more complicated than that.

So many dots to connect :lol:  
Let me help you out here.  As I just stated, Congress has to pass the bills that the President wants to be effective.  Tax bill in this case was great for stock market and myself.  Obamacare rammed down our throat when Obama had control was terrible.  

Let me help you out here.  As I just stated, Congress has to pass the bills that the President wants to be effective.  Tax bill in this case was great for stock market and myself.  Obamacare rammed down our throat when Obama had control was terrible.  
Can we see some figures here?

So many dots to connect :lol:  
That doesn't help connect those dots :lol:  

And the tax bill has been in effect for 3 whole months....given it has a ten year life, it's probably a bit early to declare it's impact on the stock market one way or the other, don't you think?

And the tax bill has been in effect for 3 whole months....given it has a ten year life, it's probably a bit early to declare it's impact on the stock market one way or the other, don't you think?
Absolutely not, every economist I have listened to has agreed the tax cuts are a huge boost to earnings.  I am more understanding of your gripe about the effect on personal income taxes than corporate.

Summarize today:

1. Pushed conspiracy theory that millions of people vote illegally
2. Claimed he doesn’t know why his attorney paid an adult film star 130K
3. Defended his claim that Mexican immigrants are rapists
4. Praised his EPA Director who grossly abused tax dollars

Did we miss anything?

Absolutely not, every economist I have listened to has agreed the tax cuts are a huge boost to earnings.  I am more understanding of your gripe about the effect on personal income taxes than corporate.
You need to listen to more economists, or at least a better variety.  Few have said this is a problem in the short term and few have said this is good long term.  So yeah, we should probably go by the score at the end of the game rather than the score in the first five minutes to determine our winner :lol:

No idea what you mean in the second sentence here.  There's no question the cuts were a gift to companies.  The only question (which really isn't a question any longer) was if those companies were going to share that gift in any meaningful way with their employees.

Matthias said:
& linked within...

>>President Donald Trump said he still has confidence in the embattled EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, who has been the subject of a cascade of ethics questions in recent days that cast doubt on his future in the job.

“He’s been very courageous. Hasn’t been easy,” Trump told reporters Thursday on Air Force One as he returned from a trip to West Virginia. “I can tell you, at EPA he’s done a fantastic job.”<<

:(

Jennifer Jacobs‏Verified account @JenniferJJacobs                   

BREAKING: Trump is ordering the U.S. trade rep to consider $100 billion in additional tariffs on Chinese goods. “In light of China’s unfair retaliation,” he says.

How many times must you be shown that Obamacare was not rammed down anyone’s throat AND there was bipartisan effort in writing it?

:(

Jennifer Jacobs‏Verified account @JenniferJJacobs                   

BREAKING: Trump is ordering the U.S. trade rep to consider $100 billion in additional tariffs on Chinese goods. “In light of China’s unfair retaliation,” he says.
He has no idea what basic words like “unfair” and “fake” mean

You need to listen to more economists, or at least a better variety.  Few have said this is a problem in the short term and few have said this is good long term.  So yeah, we should probably go by the score at the end of the game rather than the score in the first five minutes to determine our winner :lol:

No idea what you mean in the second sentence here.  There's no question the cuts were a gift to companies.  The only question (which really isn't a question any longer) was if those companies were going to share that gift in any meaningful way with their employees.
I am assuming you are talking about the tax cut effect for individuals,  in that case I have read economists that have argued both sides.  I am talking about corporate tax cuts and specifically how they affect the stock market.  Absolute home run for stocks and every economists agrees with that.  

I am assuming you are talking about the tax cut effect for individuals,  in that case I have read economists that have argued both sides.  I am talking about corporate tax cuts and specifically how they affect the stock market.  Absolute home run for stocks and every economists agrees with that.
oh...I see

As far as the tax bill goes, Don’t Noonan, a billion words have been written about it but it basically all comes down to one central idea: they raised the national debt in order to cut corporate taxes. Now you can think that’s a really good idea; I don’t. But it’s not popular. You shouldn’t pretend to yourself that it is. 

As far as the tax bill goes, Don’t Noonan, a billion words have been written about it but it basically all comes down to one central idea: they raised the national debt in order to cut corporate taxes. Now you can think that’s a really good idea; I don’t. But it’s not popular. You shouldn’t pretend to yourself that it is. 
Well Tim, we will see who is right soon enough.  One thing is for sure Obamacare was wildly unpopular.   People are starting to see their paychecks go up, and after hearing the crumbs lies from Pelosi and Schumer I think Democrats are going to lose the momentum they have from Trump and fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread