What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The United States and Italy are bound together by a shared cultural and political heritage dating back thousands of years to Ancient Rome." - Stable Genius Donald Trump, 10/16/19
Little known fact - Roman Legionnaires were among the group to board the first trans-atlantic flight from Rome to Washington in 205 AD. 

Can we please make sure that Trump and his children of the corn family off of social media today given the news about Elijah Cummings passing. I don't trust any of them to be respectful given his comments about him and Baltimore in the last year.

Jesus, this is just unreal - all of it.
Well sure but look at his policies and things he wants to do. Really successful at rolling back regulations so that the environment can be polluted like it is the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.  Also gave a huge tax cut to the top 1%.  Took health care away from millions of Americans. Had children taken from their families, still many that are unaccounted for, because they legally sought asylum. Heck he wanted to shoot those people but stupid laws said he couldn't.  They should consider themselves lucky. I think these examples of his accomplishments show why some people, especially Christians, support him. 

“The United States and Italy are bound together by a shared cultural and political heritage dating back thousands of years to Ancient Rome." - Stable Genius Donald Trump, 10/16/19
Uh, he's right about this.  The US and Italy do share a cultural and political heritage that does date back thousands of years to Rome.  It goes back further than that to Athens, but whoever wrote Trump's remarks called out Rome because the Italian president was there. 

:(

Mick Mulvaney says that the G7 summit in 2020 will be held at Trump National Doral golf club in Miami.
The New York Times‏ @nytimes 13s14 seconds ago

In a press briefing, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney brushed off questions about a potential conflict of interest. “Donald Trump’s brand is strong as it is," he said. "It’s the most recognized name in the English language.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/us/politics/trump-g-7-at-his-doral-resort.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Can we please make sure that Trump and his children of the corn family off of social media today given the news about Elijah Cummings passing. I don't trust any of them to be respectful given his comments about him and Baltimore in the last year.
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings. I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!

8:54 AM · Oct 17, 2019

Just horrible.

In fairness, this is technically saying the heritage goes back thousands of years.  It's still a weird, over-the-top statement to make, of course (shock!).

:(

Mick Mulvaney says that the G7 summit in 2020 will be held at Trump National Doral golf club in Miami.
The meeting will be in Miami, but climate change won't be on the agenda per Mulvaney. Expect massive protests, even bigger than usual. Hurricane season starts June 1. This king tide season has been really bad in Key West and coastal cities in Florida.. Miami Beach is ground zero for sea level rise mitigation.

I mean, Trump says lots of stupid stuff on a regular basis.  It's easy to find things that we should ridicule him about.  It's probably not helpful to ridicule him for saying something completely correct and uncontroversial.

Well sure but look at his policies and things he wants to do. Really successful at rolling back regulations so that the environment can be polluted like it is the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.  Also gave a huge tax cut to the top 1%.  Took health care away from millions of Americans. Had children taken from their families, still many that are unaccounted for, because they legally sought asylum. Heck he wanted to shoot those people but stupid laws said he couldn't.  They should consider themselves lucky. I think these examples of his accomplishments show why some people, especially Christians, support him. 
We Christians are pretty big on snakes and alligators too.  And moats.  The biggest moats.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings. I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!

Just horrible.
Someone must have swiped his phone off the nightstand while he was distracted and yelling at the television.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Just horrible.
He's gonna be pissed when he finds out someone hacked his account :lol:  

He's gonna be pissed when he finds out someone hacked his account :lol:  
Let's give some credit where credit is due.  IF Trump comes out with words contrary to this tweet, let's attack him for it. For now, this is the official record of the POTUS, and its (granted, surprisingly) tone is spot on.

The New York Times‏ @nytimes 13s14 seconds ago

In a press briefing, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney brushed off questions about a potential conflict of interest. “Donald Trump’s brand is strong as it is," he said. "It’s the most recognized name in the English language.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/us/politics/trump-g-7-at-his-doral-resort.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur
Oh, well, if it's just the rich getting richer, who can complain?

Let's give some credit where credit is due.  IF Trump comes out with words contrary to this tweet, let's attack him for it. For now, this is the official record of the POTUS, and its (granted, surprisingly) tone is spot on.
Don't disagree at all.  If he breaks his MO and doesn't come back with nasty comments in the next few days, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Just horrible.
:rolleyes: at the bolded.  I would bet $1000 right now he didn't write that. It's well written with no randomly capitalized words, misspellings and the biggest telltale sign, self praise.  Oh yeah, and its completely appropriate and kind.   He didn't write that, sorry.

I wonder which part of tonight's rally Trump's supporters liked better.

The part where he said it was good that the Turks slaughtered the Kurds or the part where he said Texans made out like bandits because of Hurricane Harvey?

Why should we vote for the Democrat and not President Trump in next years election? 

This, IMO, is the most important reason, outweighing all of the corruption and incompetence: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/10/17/climate-change-wont-be-g-agenda-trumps-resort-miami-mulvaney-says/

Because the G7 conference next year will not have climate change on the agenda. President Trump does not believe in climate change. The rest of the Republican Party may or may not believe in it, but either way they don’t wish to discuss it or do anything about it. 

We can’t afford to have the Republican Party in charge any longer. It’s that simple. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should we vote for the Democrat and not President Trump in next years election? 

This, IMO, is the most important reason, outweighing all of the corruption and incompetence: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/10/17/climate-change-wont-be-g-agenda-trumps-resort-miami-mulvaney-says/

Because the G7 conference next year will not have climate change on the agenda. President Trump does not believe in climate change. The rest of the Republican Party may or may not believe in it, but either way they don’t wish to discuss it or do anything about it. 

We can’t afford to have the Republican Party in charge any longer. It’s that simple. 
pshaw... speak for yourself. My 401k is killing it.  

Just gonna by me a sweet ### sump pump with all them extra ducets.

SoBeDad said:
The meeting will be in Miami, but climate change won't be on the agenda per Mulvaney. Expect massive protests, even bigger than usual. Hurricane season starts June 1. This king tide season has been really bad in Key West and coastal cities in Florida.. Miami Beach is ground zero for sea level rise mitigation.
White House apparently did not tell the mayor of Doral that the G-7 was really being considered there. This suggests that it was not really being vetted (security, infrastructure, etc) and there was no award "process".  The chief of police, mayor and local officials learned it was coming from Mulvaney's announcement on TV.

White House apparently did not tell the mayor of Doral that the G-7 was really being considered there. This suggests that it was not really being vetted (security, infrastructure, etc) and there was no award "process".  The chief of police, mayor and local officials learned it was coming from Mulvaney's announcement on TV.
I admit I’m not an expert on government contracts but doesn’t there have to be a formal bidding process?

Wasn't there something in the news recently about Doral not doing so great?

As reported by WaPo in May, Doral reported a 12% decline in revenues and 69% decline in profitability from 2017 to 2018. 

“They are severely underperforming” other resorts in the area, tax consultant Jessica Vachiratevanurak told a Miami-Dade County official in a bid to lower the property’s tax bill. The reason, she said: “There is some negative connotation that is associated with the brand.”
:lmao:  at "negative connotation." Everything Donald touches dies.

As reported by WaPo in May, Doral reported a 12% decline in revenues and 69% decline in profitability from 2017 to 2018. 

:lmao:  at "negative connotation." Everything Donald touches dies.
Yeah, but that's only in their tax reporting. If you look at the loan application they just completed, you'll see that they had a 90% increase in revenues and a 175% increase in profits.

Of the misfortunes and maladies that can befall a guest at a Trump property, bed bugs rate just above "food poisoning" and right below "committing high treason".
It is, however, being reported* that if you sit through a 90 minute video about all the Trump property offerings that you get your choice of Ambassadorship or Acting Deputy of any open department 

*by me, erroneously and fictitiously

That one guy said:
It is, however, being reported* that if you sit through a 90 minute video about all the Trump property offerings that you get your choice of Ambassadorship or Acting Deputy of any open department 

*by me, erroneously and fictitiously
Lots of people are saying it.*

"Lots" being at least 1.

So in the last few weeks we have...

• Whistleblower complaint gaining more and more steam as more comes out.  The more that comes out, the worse it looks for Trump and Rudy
  • The Syria/Turkey mess abandoning our Ally the Kurds and letting them get slaughtered.  Including a ceasefire that was never a ceasefire and doing nothing as Turkey continues to kill people.
  • G7 going to a Trump property
3 major issues that would sink any normal presidency...and he probably gained GOP support because they have to stick by him because the democrats are so mean.

apalmer said:
Yeah, but that's only in their tax reporting. If you look at the loan application they just completed, you'll see that they had a 90% increase in revenues and a 175% increase in profits.
I'm sure  that, if true, it would all be legit 🤣.

There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics, but if you really want tp blow smoke up someone's ### go with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread