What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Walking Dead Comic book version*** (3 Viewers)

Kirkman was on Hardwick's show "After Midnight" a year or 2 ago and announced that Glenn would get his head smashed like in the comic. that right there has me 100% believe it won't happen.

show has been hinting at it too much to avoid. i could see Abraham get it. 

i also think Sasha gets it next season. looking back in the comics they had Abraham's girl Hollie get killed by Negan cause he thought it was Rick's girl (Adrianne). with Rick sleeping with Michonne, could be a little switch up for them to kill Sasha. of course if they go this route then killing Abraham at this point would lose the impact of that

Kirkman was on Hardwick's show "After Midnight" a year or 2 ago and announced that Glenn would get his head smashed like in the comic. that right there has me 100% believe it won't happen.

show has been hinting at it too much to avoid. i could see Abraham get it. 

i also think Sasha gets it next season. looking back in the comics they had Abraham's girl Hollie get killed by Negan cause he thought it was Rick's girl (Adrianne). with Rick sleeping with Michonne, could be a little switch up for them to kill Sasha. of course if they go this route then killing Abraham at this point would lose the impact of that
It's actually a good point that the show would leak so much about it being glenn just to throw a curveball at everyone, comic readers included. Darryl would be a good choice but as someone said, I don't think the show has the balls to do it.

also, how long do we think they carry this storyline? is it the entire next season? and if that is the case, what is next? i believe the comic did the 8-10 year jump around this time. curious to see what they do after.

also do you guys think they will try to do the Kingdom? i think they will, seems like a lot of fans want it. so can they really have a Tiger as part of the cast for TWD for multiple episodes?

It's actually a good point that the show would leak so much about it being glenn just to throw a curveball at everyone, comic readers included. Darryl would be a good choice but as someone said, I don't think the show has the balls to do it.
would be weird to do Darryl now too. maybe Carol, but Darryl's character has been a backstory for a bit. would be more impactful if they kill Darryl 2 years ago or so.

also, if it Darryl, how much will it hurt the show? Lose 25% of viewers? lot less? 

In case you're wondering when Negan will appear, imdb has the actor listed as:

Episode #6.16 (2016) ... Negan

In case you're wondering when Negan will appear, imdb has the actor listed as:

Episode #6.16 (2016) ... Negan
season finale? i have heard that rumor. Makes me think the Negan angle (as in main conflict) will go over a year.

another thing i was thinking about (think about zombies and walking Dead way too much) is how some scenes in the 1st or 2nd season weren't great for Carl cause he grew up too quick. but i think his pieces with Negan will be better in the TV series than the comic here where they kind of bond.

also, i believe the show started right in the heart of the Negan storyline for the comics. i always thought Kirkman did that big time jump in the comics to have the ages (like Carl) match-up better between TV and comic

season finale? i have heard that rumor. Makes me think the Negan angle (as in main conflict) will go over a year.

another thing i was thinking about (think about zombies and walking Dead way too much) is how some scenes in the 1st or 2nd season weren't great for Carl cause he grew up too quick. but i think his pieces with Negan will be better in the TV series than the comic here where they kind of bond.

also, i believe the show started right in the heart of the Negan storyline for the comics. i always thought Kirkman did that big time jump in the comics to have the ages (like Carl) match-up better between TV and comic
Great point on the Negan and Carl bonding. Really fits better with him at this age.

Again.. it could be the writers/producers playing media games with the comic book readers but in a couple of interviews they did say the show takes a "hard left turn" from the way things went in the comic book.. :shrug:

Again.. it could be the writers/producers playing media games with the comic book readers but in a couple of interviews they did say the show takes a "hard left turn" from the way things went in the comic book.. :shrug:
I actually wouldn't mind that.  I do sometimes hate knowing the main plot of the show in advance since I've read it.  I do hope they eventually get to the Whisperers, though.  It's an interesting story and with all the talk about morals that's going on in the TV thread, I think a lot of posters may relate to the Whisperer way of thinking vs Rick's to pre-apocalypse way.  

I can't remember who, but someone pegged Rick correctly when they said that he plays by the rules he feels like playing depending on his mood.  That's the way I see him at this point.

So I'm watching fear the walking dead and I am wondering if they are planning on doing the whispers (I think that was the groups name) with nick and his story line. Would definitely be interesting and I'd be in to seeing that story develop if fear the walking dead went in that direction. 

Users who are viewing this thread