What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Zodiac Killer (1 Viewer)

:blackdot:

Count me among the rubberneckers here. I read the Greysmith book several years ago and have found this case to be particularly interesting.

Funny aside is that a former co-worker of mine grew up in Vallejo when the case was active. His father is a bit :tinfoilhat: and was convinced that his brother was the Zodiac. He even went as far as to report him to the police and to write a book about his brother the Zodiac killer, which he published via a vanity press. Thanks, bro.

:wub:

One of the biggest murder mysteries in the history of the United States, and the DNA test is taking a month... :thumbup: Yet within 2 hours of the hijacked planes hitting the WTC we new the mastermind behind it... Funny how things work.

Did the killings stop i n the 70's? If so why? If this was the guy did he do time? You wouldn't think a sicko like this would just decide to stop. Something must have stopped him.

Reading this thread is about to cause me to waste 3 more hours of my life to watch Zodiac again.

Def odd on the time delay for DNA results IMO

Plus, isnt it likely that their is hair in/on the mask?! Why not use that as a sample?

Not to mention fingerprints on X amount of things this stepson has found

I guess that means we all wait another two months until the next round of DNA test results are completed.

:goodposting:

I thought Fincher's film was very good. I'll never be able to listen to Donovan's "Hurdy Gurdy Man" the same again.
That song is freaky. I had never heard it before and ended up downloading it, it was a great choice for that flick.
:goodposting: Thrown like a star in my vast sleepI open my eyes to take a peepTo find that I was by the seaGazing with tranquillity.'Twas then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManCame singing songs of love,Then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManCame singing songs of love.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Histories of ages pastUnenlightened shadows castDown through all eternityThe crying of humanity.'Tis then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManComes singing songs of love,Then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManComes singing songs of love.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Here comes the roly poly man and he's singing songs of love,Roly poly, roly poly, roly poly, poly he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang,Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang

I thought Fincher's film was very good. I'll never be able to listen to Donovan's "Hurdy Gurdy Man" the same again.
That song is freaky. I had never heard it before and ended up downloading it, it was a great choice for that flick.
:P Thrown like a star in my vast sleepI open my eyes to take a peepTo find that I was by the seaGazing with tranquillity.'Twas then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManCame singing songs of love,Then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManCame singing songs of love.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Histories of ages pastUnenlightened shadows castDown through all eternityThe crying of humanity.'Tis then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManComes singing songs of love,Then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManComes singing songs of love.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Here comes the roly poly man and he's singing songs of love,Roly poly, roly poly, roly poly, poly he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang,Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang
that song freaks me out every time I hear it.

:mellow: Thrown like a star in my vast sleepI open my eyes to take a peepTo find that I was by the seaGazing with tranquillity.'Twas then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManCame singing songs of love,Then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManCame singing songs of love.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Histories of ages pastUnenlightened shadows castDown through all eternityThe crying of humanity.'Tis then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManComes singing songs of love,Then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManComes singing songs of love.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Here comes the roly poly man and he's singing songs of love,Roly poly, roly poly, roly poly, poly he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang,Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang
The Butthole Surfers cover of it is pretty crazy too

:o Thrown like a star in my vast sleepI open my eyes to take a peepTo find that I was by the seaGazing with tranquillity.'Twas then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManCame singing songs of love,Then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManCame singing songs of love.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Histories of ages pastUnenlightened shadows castDown through all eternityThe crying of humanity.'Tis then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManComes singing songs of love,Then when the Hurdy Gurdy ManComes singing songs of love.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.Here comes the roly poly man and he's singing songs of love,Roly poly, roly poly, roly poly, poly he sang.Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang,Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang
The Butthole Surfers cover of it is pretty crazy too
that's actually why that song freaks me out.

"My father was the Zodiac Killer"

A California woman stepped forward to say that her late father was the notorious Zodiac killer and she as a little girl wrote and stamped some of the letters he sent to taunt police.

Deborah Perez also said Wednesday that she embroidered the mask her father, Guy Ward Hendrickson, used during some of the murders, according to FOX affiliate KTVU in San Francisco.

Lawyer Kevin McLean told reporters that he has conducted a two-year investigation into Perez's claims that her dad — a carpenter and father of six children who was prone to violence — was the Zodiac killer, according to KTVU.

"My father was the Zodiac Killer"

A California woman stepped forward to say that her late father was the notorious Zodiac killer and she as a little girl wrote and stamped some of the letters he sent to taunt police.

Deborah Perez also said Wednesday that she embroidered the mask her father, Guy Ward Hendrickson, used during some of the murders, according to FOX affiliate KTVU in San Francisco.

Lawyer Kevin McLean told reporters that he has conducted a two-year investigation into Perez's claims that her dad — a carpenter and father of six children who was prone to violence — was the Zodiac killer, according to KTVU.
whoa.I wonder if there's any chance that there's corroborating evidence to back her up... say, an embroidered mask or whatnot.

From WIRED:

Zodiac Killer ‘Revelation’ Lacks Cryptographic Proof

By Kevin Poulsen April 29, 2009 | 9:16 pm | Categories: Miscellaneous

The Southern California woman who claimed Wednesday that her deceased father was the famed Zodiac killer says she can prove it in part by providing the secret key to the murderer’s encrypted messages — with one rather serious caveat.

San Francisco was abuzz this morning with Deborah Perez’s claim that she was present as a 7-year-old girl during at least one of the string of seven confirmed murders that paralyzed San Francisco in the late 1960s.

But Perez’s 20-minute press conference turned out to be sadly devoid of solid evidence of her claims. Perez says she wrote some of the letters the Zodiac killer sent out decades ago, a claim her attorney, Kevin McLean, says is supported by a handwriting expert. She also claims she has the eyeglasses the killer took from one of his victims — cab driver Paul Stine — and McLean hopes police can recover DNA evidence from the glasses, or at least match the prescription to Stine.

Perez says she realized her father was behind the famous unsolved killings when she saw a composite sketch of the Zodiac killers on an episode of America’s Most Wanted in 2007, though she did not offer reporters a photo of her father for comparison.

That left the cryptographic claim as the most promising — something that could be easily and decisively verified.

The Zodiac killer sent two coded messages to Bay Area newspapers in 1969. One of them — a 408-character cryptogram — was quickly cracked by a high school teacher. The other, a 340-character message, has never been convincingly solved.

“There are letters that were sent that were in cryptic code,” McLean teased at the press conference. “Debra has been able to decipher some of those codes, because it was a code between she and her father.”

If Perez can de-cypher the 340-character message — which has defied cryptanalysis for decades — that would be incredibly strong evidence of her claim. Perez declined at the press conference to elaborate on the secret code.

So Threat Level reached her and her lawyer by phone later. And it turns out she can only decipher the code that’s already been de-cyphered.

“My dad didn’t give me one of the codes, which is that 340 cipher,” she said.

“He didn’t give her the key but she knows how it works,” added McLean.

The jury is still out on Perez’s other evidence. But Threat Level suspects that the Zodiac killer’s real identity remains a mystery.

So Threat Level reached her and her lawyer by phone later. And it turns out she can only decipher the code that’s already been de-cyphered.“My dad didn’t give me one of the codes, which is that 340 cipher,” she said.“He didn’t give her the key but she knows how it works,” added McLean.
Another wackjob who wants desperately to be famous. :lmao:

History Channel is focusing on DNA testing for the Zodiak killer on its Mystery Quest program which airs at 10 pm this Wednesday. Will be interesting to see what they say about the case.

Here is a most interesting read on the subject ..

http://www.thezodiacmurderssolved.com/Home_Page_WAOC.html

This is basically an online e-book that you don't have to download you can just view in your web browser regarding who the author things the zodiac killer is/was ..and the authors "proof" .. if you believe it or not, its still interesting..
Jesus, that author better hope he's right in his identification of the zodiac killer. I just skimmed parts of that and he's posted the guy's name, address, birth date, and social security number on the internet for everyone to see. That's a pretty brazen move considering some of his "proof" seemed highly questionable.

Here is a most interesting read on the subject ..

http://www.thezodiacmurderssolved.com/Home_Page_WAOC.html

This is basically an online e-book that you don't have to download you can just view in your web browser regarding who the author things the zodiac killer is/was ..and the authors "proof" .. if you believe it or not, its still interesting..
Jesus, that author better hope he's right in his identification of the zodiac killer. I just skimmed parts of that and he's posted the guy's name, address, birth date, and social security number on the internet for everyone to see. That's a pretty brazen move considering some of his "proof" seemed highly questionable.
Yes I agree with you there, thats pretty "ballsy" so to speak.. very interesting read

Reads like a Loius Farakhan numerology lecture. Nothing more than circumstantial evidence.

The zipher has been cracked.
According to Robert Graysmith, in “Zodiac,” tips received by police after Darlene Ferrin’s murder indicated that the killing was connected to the U.S Virgin Islands. Starliper believed that the “340” of the 340 cipher was significant, and had some tie-in with the U.S. Virgin Islands. It was then that he found out that 340 is the area code for a portion of the U.S Virgin Islands — not an insignificant connection.
The 340 area code was not created until 1997.

According to Robert Graysmith, in “Zodiac,” tips received by police after Darlene Ferrin’s murder indicated that the killing was connected to the U.S Virgin Islands. Starliper believed that the “340” of the 340 cipher was significant, and had some tie-in with the U.S. Virgin Islands. It was then that he found out that 340 is the area code for a portion of the U.S Virgin Islands — not an insignificant connection.
Nice

The Zodiac Killer was a time traveler as well? :shock:

interesting for discussion.. New Revelations of the Zodiac Killer

After 40 years of silence, a former California Highway Patrol officer says he knows the identity of the Zodiac killer.

In his book, "The Zodiac Killer Cover-up," Lyndon Lafferty, 79, says the serial killer is a 91-year-old recovering alcoholic who is living in Fairfield, Calif., outside of Napa Valley. He chooses not to ID the man.

book costs $50 on amazon..sheesh new zodiac book costs $50

Growing up in the Bay Area at the time I remember our school bus being followed by police cars after the Zodiac threatened to blow up a school bus. I was very young at the time, but I remember how "on edge" everyone was, people were really freaked out. I've been to Lake Beryessa many times and always get an eerie feeling every time I go, even though the killer is most likely long gone. I've always been fascinated by this case.

After 40 years of silence, a former California Highway Patrol officer says he knows the identity of the Zodiac killer.

In his book, "The Zodiac Killer Cover-up," Lyndon Lafferty, 79, says the serial killer is a 91-year-old recovering alcoholic who is living in Fairfield, Calif., outside of Napa Valley. He chooses not to ID the man.

great comment under the article:
...Off the record, unnamed government sources alluded to unsubstantiated innuendos about alleged indiscretions and insinuated that they are rumored not to be without basis for further speculation...

I think I'll wait for another movie to come out.

I didn't read the article or the book so I don't know the specifics. However, I doubt this is true. If it is he could be brought up on charges himself. Obstruction of Justice is no joke! Also, if he knew of his identity before any of the murders were committed and didn't do anything about it. He might even be held somewhat responsible for that as well, since he was an police officer. Not 100% sure about that but I'm pretty sure he could, at the very least, be liable in a civil suit.

I didn't read the article or the book so I don't know the specifics.

However, I doubt this is true. If it is he could be brought up on charges himself. Obstruction of Justice is no joke! Also, if he knew of his identity before any of the murders were committed and didn't do anything about it. He might even be held somewhat responsible for that as well, since he was an police officer. Not 100% sure about that but I'm pretty sure he could, at the very least, be liable in a civil suit.
I'm sorry but people who do this are irritating. In the article you didn't read it specifically pointed out that he reported his suspicions to authorities and was dismissed. He's not obstructing justice, he's protecting himself from a slander lawsuit if he tells everyone who this man is. So basically you wasted 45 minutes coming up with that post since it makes no ####### sense. RIF

However, I doubt this is true. If it is he could be brought up on charges himself. Obstruction of Justice is no joke! Also, if he knew of his identity before any of the murders were committed and didn't do anything about it. He might even be held somewhat responsible for that as well, since he was an police officer. Not 100% sure about that but I'm pretty sure he could, at the very least, be liable in a civil suit.
I'm sorry but people who do this are irritating. In the article you didn't read it specifically pointed out that he reported his suspicions to authorities and was dismissed. He's not obstructing justice, he's protecting himself from a slander lawsuit if he tells everyone who this man is. So basically you wasted 45 minutes coming up with that post since it makes no ####### sense. RIF
First of all, it was more like 5 maybe 10 minutes. Second, I prefaced my remarks with "I didn't read the article or the book so I don't know the specifics." It's not like I made the comment pretending to know more than what I did. And third, I don't give two ####s as to what you think about what I post.

Last edited by a moderator:

First of all, it was more like 5 maybe 10 minutes. (It's called copy and paste) Second, I prefaced my remarks with "I didn't read the article or the book so I don't know the specifics." It's not like I made the comment pretending to know more than what I did. And third, I don't give two ####s as to what you think about what I post.
:whoosh:

First of all, it was more like 5 maybe 10 minutes. (It's called copy and paste) Second, I prefaced my remarks with "I didn't read the article or the book so I don't know the specifics." It's not like I made the comment pretending to know more than what I did. And third, I don't give two ####s as to what you think about what I post.
:whoosh:
He didn't read DD's post either- HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread