What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things Other People Do That You Just Don't Understand (1 Viewer)

Take selfies constantly, and spend more time updating Facebook than actually living and enjoying the party/restaurant/concert etc.

That last one burns me up more than anything. If I ever completely lose it and punch my wife, that will likely be why.
I'm convinced that my wife doesn't actually want to do many activites any more...she just wants to go places and take 5 quick pictures so she can post it on Facebook. "Look! We took the baby to the pumpkin patch. He saw goats and picked out a pumpkin." Meanwhile I'm thinking, "This kid is gonna catch a cold. It's 40 degrees out. He doesn't know what a goat is, and pumpkins might as well be space creatures."

Oh, and I hate taking pictures with my wife's family (Oldest of 3 girls). "Ok, now take one with my phone. Now her phone! Wait...my hair didn't look right. Now take another one with the camera. Can you take another one with my phone? Mom blinked." F-ing shoot me.

A few of the many off the top of my head:

An extension of the waiting in line arena:

(1) I have never ever ever understood the whole waiting in line to get into a club or bar deal, so that I can eventually be let in to a place where I am packed like a sardine

(2) People who will wait for 3-10 minutes in a parking lot aisle for a family to reach their car, unload their stuff, return the cart, etc. so they can get a closer parking spot when they could have simply parked 20 yards away and spent less than 60 seconds to walk into the store.

(3) Camping out for movies and Black Friday shopping deals (if you are a grown adult).

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px](4) Idiots driving the speed limit in the fast lane and the carpool lane[/SIZE]
(4) People on the open highway who can't keep a consistent speed. You know, the guy who you want to pass who is going 55 in a 65 and then when he sees you going around to pass him jumps up to 75 to keep you from passing him, then drops down after a bit. Just put it in Cruise Control. Nothing wrong with that.

People that insist on walking thru the door you're walking through (opposite direction) when there are 2 doors present.

why people go to catholic church. if i were religious i would find a nice baptist community and go to one of those churches. the kind where the preachers shout and deliver their sermons with emotion and passion. the kind where everybody dances and claps along to the songs. catholic masses are the most boring things on the planet. you go like sheep and say the same prayers week in and week out in monotone voices. its completely meaningless and devoid of any feeling in comparison.

Scoresman said:
why people go to catholic church. if i were religious i would find a nice baptist community and go to one of those churches. the kind where the preachers shout and deliver their sermons with emotion and passion. the kind where everybody dances and claps along to the songs. catholic masses are the most boring things on the planet. you go like sheep and say the same prayers week in and week out in monotone voices. its completely meaningless and devoid of any feeling in comparison.
We went Catholic for the architecture. All the Baptists and Evangelicals with their warehouses and drywall and emotion can suck it. Give me flying buttresses every time.

Ned said:
People that insist on walking thru the door you're walking through (opposite direction) when there are 2 doors present.
People that try to get inside the elevator without waiting first for the people trying to get out of the elevator.

Scoresman said:
We went Catholic for the architecture. All the Baptists and Evangelicals with their warehouses and drywall and emotion can suck it. Give me flying buttresses every time.
I am not a Catholic, but I've been to Catholic church a bunch of times. I don't think the prayers are monotone or devoid of feeling. I was actually pretty impressed. And, yes, the architecture is pretty awesome.

Complained about this in the pet peeves thread... People who press both the up and down button while waiting for an elevator... Happened to me again today! Just press the button for the direction you are traveling. Elevator on the way up, stops and opens, and an ####### is standing there " duhhh, is this going down? "

No moron, it isn't going down bc you pressed both up and down. If you just pressed down, it will stop on the way back down, instead you have now delayed each of us by 30 seconds, ####face!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought of another one...

People who "Reply All" to work emails when it's completely unnecessary. They're the second worst.

Only behind, of course, the schmucks who respond to those emails with "please don't reply all/take me off this email thread"...and REPLY ALL when they do it.

I don't understand people* who endlessly circle around a parking lot searching for the closest possible parking spot. Just park the damn car and walk the additional fifty feet you may save, Fatty.

* Exemption for the handicapped and elderly.

Walking Boot said:
Stop walking at a bottleneck point. Pass through a doorway with a crowd behind them, stop dead. Now there's a big push and they never notice. Pass through a narrow hallway into a large room, stop. Reach bottom on an escalator--stop. Brilliant. Just stop right there at the bottom of the escalator. We'll wait, go ahead. Everyone start walking backwards for this dumb###.
Happens all the time when rubes come to the city.

Non-cops who insist on backing into their spots at work every morning. It doesn't help that they always seem to suck at driving in reverse.

Scoresman said:
There are a decent percentage of Catholics who are very serious about it, but I agree, I've never seen so many people going through the motions. It's probably 75% of them who are just there for the show.

Complained about this in the pet peeves thread... People who press both the up and down button while waiting for an elevator... Happened to me again today! Just press the button for the direction you are traveling. Elevator on the way up, stops and opens, and an ####### is standing there " duhhh, is this going down? "

No moron, it isn't going down bc you pressed both up and down. If you just pressed down, it will stop on the way back down, instead you have now delayed each of us by 30 seconds, ####face!
I always say "you going up?" as soon as I see their moron face because they usually aren't.

I always say "you going up?" as soon as I see their moron face because they usually aren't.
I've never once seen anybody do this where it wasn't a mistake.

This happens to me at least twice a month... I don't understand what's so complicated about an up button and down button that people consistently make this mistake.

People that need to remind you at every turn that they are eating gluten-free organic, hormone-free New Zealand eucalyptus leaves. You eat healthy - congratulations! now shut the #### up.

Walking Boot said:
Stop walking at a bottleneck point. Pass through a doorway with a crowd behind them, stop dead. Now there's a big push and they never notice. Pass through a narrow hallway into a large room, stop. Reach bottom on an escalator--stop. Brilliant. Just stop right there at the bottom of the escalator. We'll wait, go ahead. Everyone start walking backwards for this dumb###.
Happens all the time when rubes come to the city.
this.

oh FML, this.

people are idiots.

I think that's the mistake here, and not "oops, buttons".

Happened to me twice last weekend at a hotel. They were both going up. I was astounded, but didn't feel bad asking and will continue to do so.

Yankee23Fan said:
A serious one - to this day and probably forever I don't understand people using their children as weapons in a divorce. It just boggles my mind. Hate your spouse and want a divorce, fine. You really need to mentally torture your 5 year old at the same time?
But doing so is helping put your kids through college.

Yankee23Fan said:
A serious one - to this day and probably forever I don't understand people using their children as weapons in a divorce. It just boggles my mind. Hate your spouse and want a divorce, fine. You really need to mentally torture your 5 year old at the same time?
But doing so is helping put your kids through college.
For some people, pride is the most powerful emotion in their life. Stronger than love.

Scoresman said:
SEE YOU IN HELL :bye: Couldn't agree more BTW

Users who are viewing this thread