What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things Other People Do That You Just Don't Understand (1 Viewer)

those in the back of planes who stand up in the aisle right when plane parks the inevitably wait the 15 minutes and shove some child out of the way to cut two spots in line.
I never understood these people. Sometimes, if I sit in the back, I'll just stay seated until the middle of the plane starts moving. One time, I had a guy in the window seat ask me if I could get up. I thought he had something in the overhead he wanted to grab. Nope. He just wanted to get by me. But because of the backup, he had his ### hanging in my face as he tried to position himself so he could get out before the people across the aisle. Idiot.
Sounds like the perfect time to fake Ebola.

People who actually wait for the WALK sign to cross the road even though there are clearly no cars in sight. Just GO!
that's breaking the law, guy.

pretty soon, you'll have people on bikes doing it... and then what? all hell, that's what.

those in the back of planes who stand up in the aisle right when plane parks the inevitably wait the 15 minutes and shove some child out of the way to cut two spots in line.
When a plane starts boarding, I just leave the gate. I use the restroom. I buy a sandwich and then walk over to the bar and down a quick beer. 20 minutes later, they're calling the last few names and numbers at the gate. I'm usually the last one on the plane, no wait on the jetway, no line to stand in, go to the seat I was assigned and--guess what?--no one stole it so I sit where I was supposed to and avoid all the madness.

Yeah, I'm usually the last one to stand up getting off the plane, too. No rush, people, we're not going anywhere.
Bravo. You should make a training video. I hate flying for those reasons. And just like the jackass I elbow getting off the elevator, I'll trip a #### trying to rush down the plane isle. I've blocked these #######s before and let the cross aisle seats ahead of us on purpose.

When a plane starts boarding, I just leave the gate. I use the restroom. I buy a sandwich and then walk over to the bar and down a quick beer. 20 minutes later, they're calling the last few names and numbers at the gate. I'm usually the last one on the plane, no wait on the jetway, no line to stand in, go to the seat I was assigned and--guess what?--no one stole it so I sit where I was supposed to and avoid all the madness.
And if you were carrying on, your bag is going underneath you.

This stuff started when checked bag fees did.

People who rush the boarding area as soon as boarding starts, even though their group number hasn't been called yet. "Group 1, now boarding" and 30 people from Group 5 jump up and rush toward the gate. Only to stand still and force the line to move around them. Oh, we just want to be first when our number is called. F you. Sit down.

Why do people board early anyway? All you are doing is rushing to stand in yet another line on the jetway and another in the aisle. The plane won't leave without you (unless you completely disappear, and then it'll take 20 minutes for them to pull your luggage), calm down. And don't say it's because of your carry on, because if it can't fit under the seat you should've checked it anyway.

Yeah, I'm usually the last one to stand up getting off the plane, too. No rush, people, we're not going anywhere.
It works the other way too. :P

Post in a thread entitled "Things People Do That You Just Don't Understand" and just list things they find annoying when they know perfectly well why people do those things.
But I honestly don't know why people immediately stand up in the back of planes to deboard when it's obvious we aren't going anywhere.

Usually people are motivated by money, addiction, religion, or laziness. None of those fit.

Christo said:
Ned said:
People that insist on walking thru the door you're walking through (opposite direction) when there are 2 doors present.
In a similar vein, people who immediately start to get on an elevator as people are trying to get off.
If your slow pokey fat ### would just get off the elevator a bit faster, you wouldn't have this problem
It's like you don't even know me.

Christo said:
Ned said:
People that insist on walking thru the door you're walking through (opposite direction) when there are 2 doors present.
In a similar vein, people who immediately start to get on an elevator as people are trying to get off.
If your slow pokey fat ### would just get off the elevator a bit faster, you wouldn't have this problem
It's like you don't even know me.
Get out of the way dammit! I have to get on the elevator

people that stop and talk right at a chokepoint (doorway, aisle etc) at a public event or place with lots of foot traffic. Hey peeps, there's a hundred other people trying to move on, get the #### out of the way

people that tailgate you then you move over and they pull up next to you or just stay where they are, like they are unable or afraid to pass you. They can only speed if the car in front of them speeds, and only if they can sit 10 feet off your bumper.

people that tailgate you then you move over and they pull up next to you or just stay where they are, like they are unable or afraid to pass you. They can only speed if the car in front of them speeds, and only if they can sit 10 feet off your bumper.
:goodposting:

People who rush the boarding area as soon as boarding starts, even though their group number hasn't been called yet. "Group 1, now boarding" and 30 people from Group 5 jump up and rush toward the gate. Only to stand still and force the line to move around them. Oh, we just want to be first when our number is called. F you. Sit down.

Why do people board early anyway? All you are doing is rushing to stand in yet another line on the jetway and another in the aisle. The plane won't leave without you (unless you completely disappear, and then it'll take 20 minutes for them to pull your luggage), calm down. And don't say it's because of your carry on, because if it can't fit under the seat you should've checked it anyway.

Cool, I'm not alone in this. I'm forced to board early because I usually travel on international flights with packed carry ons but if I can board at the last minute I will.

Baffling to me why people in 1st class want to board early.

Cool, I'm not alone in this. I'm forced to board early because I usually travel on international flights with packed carry ons but if I can board at the last minute I will.

So people can see them sitting in first class

You must not fly often.Nobody regulates baggage size for carryons anymore and it falls on the flight attendant to send them back or jam suitcases into overheads. I am 1k and board first to assure I have space for my carryon as well as reduce the amount of time spent with commoners.

Last edited by a moderator:

The flight attendants allow the commoners to take our overhead space if empty near the end of boarding.

So annoying. My trick is to slowly increase my speed about 5 mph, they pace me, and then I let off the gas a bit and drop back down. Every time they go right past. Morons.

Post in a thread entitled "Things People Do That You Just Don't Understand" and just list things they find annoying when they know perfectly well why people do those things.
But I honestly don't know why people immediately stand up in the back of planes to deboard when it's obvious we aren't going anywhere.

Usually people are motivated by money, addiction, religion, or laziness. None of those fit.
I'm 6'4" and I need to stretch me legs.

I also have blood clots in my right leg and standing is better.

Need to occasionally crop dust.

I'm 6'4" and I need to stretch me legs.

I also have blood clots in my right leg and standing is better.

Need to occasionally crop dust.
I doubt Woz has a problem with standing in planes- it's when... screw it- just go back and reread what they both wrote.

But I honestly don't know why people immediately stand up in the back of planes to deboard when it's obvious we aren't going anywhere. Usually people are motivated by money, addiction, religion, or laziness. None of those fit.
I like to stretch my legs after sitting in those cramped seats....but this is footballguys, I would be very surprised if anyone sits in the back.

Memorials on the rear window of a car. Just seen another one this afternoon.

A shame you lost a loved one, but I don't care. Nor do the thousands of other drivers you force your message on. Do you think they're looking down, or up, saying yea they did love me? Did you buy the car in honor of them? Please, keep your memorials to yourself, no one cares. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people put reviews on Amazon and messages on Facebook telling people not to pay over $X for an item? #### off, I'll buy whatever I want with my money.

People that bite their nails or put their fingers in their mouth after holding handles/rails on the subway or bus.

People that bite their nails or put their fingers in their mouth after holding handles/rails on the subway or bus.
People who would willingly touch the handles/rails on the subway or bus AT ALL, as if they are thoroughly cleaned every trip.

Users who are viewing this thread