What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Time to SELL TURNER ? in a DRAFT every year league (1 Viewer)

wijimmy

Footballguy
If you have Turner now is the perferct time to TRADE him Right ? in a THROW BACK LEAGUE.

~~~~

So do you ship him off ?? The Falcons are a 500. team at best and there Schudule is getting harder.

~~~~

I think you sell !!!

~~~~

Try and give up Turner and a lower 2nd or 3rd tier guy like Stewart,Wiliams, etc..... for LT,Peterson,Barber or Gore.. if you can talk the guy into it.

~~

Do we think Turner will finsh the YEAR as a TOP 10 RB as we know LT, GORE,Peterson and BARBER will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realize that Atlanta isn't ready yet to cmpete with the big dogs, but their O-line looks vastly improved and they still have a rookie QB.

The team has little choice but to continue to lean on him.

Sell only if you find a buyer expecting continued top five production. I would expect some inconsistancy, but likely a borderline top 10 finish...not a player I'm actively looking to deal away.

Here is what I wrote in the weekly RB Exploit/Avoid thread

Michael Turner: “Sell High”, has 4 of his next 5 games on the road where he does not play as well IMO. Also the level of teams is improving as he will be on the road in Carolina, then @GB, CHI, Bye week…he might not have another big game for quite awhile and you can cash in this lottery ticket on something else that might be more stable. I would at least send out some feelers with Turner. What will he do this week? He has had 2 top3-5 performances already, I don’t see that happening this Sunday, he will likely do better than he did against TB, but I would not expect anything close to top5 this week. Maybe top20 if you’re lucky.

Turner is breaking tons of tackles and has speed to go all the way on any given play. Are all of the teams he will face better tacklers and all of a sudden he doesn't break any anymore??

Plus Ryan and White are connecting in the deep pass game....might open the run game up a bit that way.

I am trying to sell him in my league. A league mate of mine sent a feeler offer out of Housh and MJD for him and Derrick Mason. I think Turner will be solid all year, but I don't think his value will be any higher. Was anyone really surprised he had such a productive day against the awful Chiefs run D?

I am trying to sell him in my league. A league mate of mine sent a feeler offer out of Housh and MJD for him and Derrick Mason. I think Turner will be solid all year, but I don't think his value will be any higher. Was anyone really surprised he had such a productive day against the awful Chiefs run D?
Maybe redraft sell, but in keeper, which I own him...I would have to be offerd a great deal to move him.I like the way Turner has looked regardless who he's playing and I like the direction the offence is set up to go with Ryan back there.

@Car

@GB

Chi

bye

@Phi

@Oak

NO

Den

Car

@SD

@NO

TB

@Min

StL

Atlanta's remaining games. Ride him thru the 2nd Carolina game, and sell for someone with a better playoff schedule. If he weren't playing Minny in wk 16, I wouldn't advise to sell him at all.

All the leagues I have him in are dynasty (been waiting for 2 yrs or so) so I am still long and strong.

I have depth in my only single year league so I may try to move him there. The last two playoff week schedule is brutal. But still, he should command the price of a very solid RB2 at this point.

I offered him and Jacobs for Westbrook and got no response.
Count yourself lucky. Westy has the dreaded "high ankle sprain" from what I hear.LEt's be honest: you're not going to get Barber and you'd be very lucky to get Gore. Their owners are already getting good production from more established backs so they are not looking to trade. The sell-high candidates for Turner are Addai (never been that impressed with him) Sjax (ditto and team is in a tale-spin) and to me that's about it in rb for rb. I have actually been trying to deal him for WRs like Wayne, TO, etc without success.

I am trying to trade him NOW.

I'm in a keeper and a redraft. The redraft I might just keep him as I can't get anything good for him.

The keeper (I have AP and Barber so I will most likely keep AP) I will trade him away to someone else who can give me a wr.

After 2 big games, his stock is as high as it can get.

With a rookie qb, teams will more likely stack up the box and let the rookie beat them, and ATL should most likely be playing from behind a lot so they'll need to throw more. (Look at the Panthers last week holding AP to under 100 and no td - granted he split carries) and what the Bears did to Graham and Addai in the past copule of weeks. (Bears/Panthers are only 2 of the next couple of games for the Falcons that I know of off the top of my head)

Just look what the Tampa De did to the ATL offense.

Sell high as you can.

I've been offered Housh for Turner, but I turned it down asking for Fitzgerald

I wanted Calvin Johnson but the owner won't let him go. Wayne is a no go.

Steve Smith is an option that I'm going after as my ONLY WR is Marshall.

(Again, I already have AP and Barber )

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm in a keeper and a redraft. The redraft I might just keep him as I can't get anything good for him.

The keeper (I have AP and Barber so I will most likely keep AP) I will trade him away to someone else who can give me a wr.

Really? What if he has another? 2 more?

Really? What if he has another? 2 more?
If he does then he does. But to me, in the next 3 games, I honestly do not see that happening. But anything can happen.

I think the time to sell high on Turner was after week 1...that's when a lot people thought he might be an absolute beast this year (even though the rational part of our brain was saying 'he played the Lions'). Now that people have seen the two good games with the not so good in between, they realize there will be some inconsistency due to the team that's around him.

Like someone else said, if you can find someone that thinks he's a top 5 back, I'd look to trade for a stud WR.

I think if you sell him now you're making a big mistake. You're not going to be able to trade him for guaranteed studs like ADP and any WR you get for him would be less value IMHO. I guess it depends on your league but he is the #1 RB right now in my distance league and is the #2 overall FF player behind Rivers. I think people are underestimating the ATL offense because they have a rookie QB. Ryan is progressing in a very positive direction and he is going to be able to keep defenses honest as the season progresses. If D's put 8 in the box Ryan has the arm to burn them and despite popular opinions Jenkins and White are above average receivers. There are only a few other RB's I'd rather have than Turner right now: ADP, SJax, Addai, Barber, and Gore (Westy would be on this list if he wasn't hurt as would LT). If you can't get one of those guys for him you should think about riding him a bit longer and see how this works out. I think Ryan is going to surprise many people over the next few weeks. Ryan has all the skills needed to excel in this league and he just needs the experience to back it up.

I like all the talk of selling for these "guaranteed beasts" like ADP, LT, SJax, etc whose point totals Turner dwarfs so far. I understand the concept of selling high. But I also like to hang onto beasts i drafted.

I also think he will fare well against Carolina this week. Not 3 TDs great but he'll be fine.

ETA: basically what OU#1 said above..

I traded Turner for S. Smith and that offer was made to me.

I couldn't get Moss for Turner from another guy (ha ha ha!! Idiot!).

He wanted MBIII...needless to say I told him to 'pound sand'.

Turner had a good week last week, and had I kept him and played him I would've won, but I'm becoming more confident S. Smith is a pretty good trade for Turner. I needed WR help badly with only Galloway, Royal and this so-called stud named Braylon Edwards.

I have good RB depth so if Smith can give me 800-1000yds and 8-10TD's I'll be VERY happy. I'll be even happier when Mr Edwards decides to start playing football again.

I think if you sell him now you're making a big mistake. You're not going to be able to trade him for guaranteed studs like ADP and any WR you get for him would be less value IMHO. I guess it depends on your league but he is the #1 RB right now in my distance league and is the #2 overall FF player behind Rivers. I think people are underestimating the ATL offense because they have a rookie QB. Ryan is progressing in a very positive direction and he is going to be able to keep defenses honest as the season progresses. If D's put 8 in the box Ryan has the arm to burn them and despite popular opinions Jenkins and White are above average receivers. There are only a few other RB's I'd rather have than Turner right now: ADP, SJax, Addai, Barber, and Gore (Westy would be on this list if he wasn't hurt as would LT). If you can't get one of those guys for him you should think about riding him a bit longer and see how this works out. I think Ryan is going to surprise many people over the next few weeks. Ryan has all the skills needed to excel in this league and he just needs the experience to back it up.
By setting an incompletion percentage record?Kid is good and has very good touch on the ball, but Tampa already showed how to beat him.

Stop the run and get pressure on him. He crumbles like coffee cake.

He's a good QB...no doubt. He looks like the real deal.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but the idea here is sell high. Most people probably drafted Turner is a #2 and that's still what I'm projecting him to be in the in end. If you struck gold on some other RB picks (say Chris Johnson and/or Forte) and are weak at WR, I think moving Turner for a top tier WR is a good move.I don't think people are saying get what you can for him. Turner is the #1 back in most of my leagues right now...I'm still projecting him to finish just outside the top 10 at year's end, meaning he's one of the best RB2s to have...he could easily finish in the top 10, especially if more guys get hurt.

The decision to trade him would be highly dependent on a team's situation and what you're getting back. I still say move him if your trade partner values hims as a top 5 RB.

By setting an incompletion percentage record?Kid is good and has very good touch on the ball, but Tampa already showed how to beat him.Stop the run and get pressure on him. He crumbles like coffee cake.He's a good QB...no doubt. He looks like the real deal.
I don't gauge a season by one game. Every game is different and has different circumstances. I expected Ryan to struggle as he gets used to the NFL. What worked for Tampa might not work for other teams.I saw Rhonde Barber get burned over and over by Brandon Lloyd last night on NFL Replay. Does that mean Rhonde sucks or he had a bad game? Does that mean I should annoint Lloyd the next TO? Nope because I don't make hasty judgements based on one game.Right now our data sample consists of two games in which ATL jumped out to a big lead and one game which they fell behind early. I'd like to see some games in between first before I start drawing conclusions. I fully expect the CAR to be an in between game since their D is suspect. This could seriously turn into a shootout as long as ATL doesn't fall behind early and loose their balance.I'll be the first one to eat crow if I'm wrong but I'll also be the last one to write off anybody with such a small data sample.If you can get a Top 5 back for him then by all means pull the trigger but shipping him off for a WR seems foolish right now.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but the idea here is sell high. Most people probably drafted Turner is a #2 and that's still what I'm projecting him to be in the in end. If you struck gold on some other RB picks (say Chris Johnson and/or Forte) and are weak at WR, I think moving Turner for a top tier WR is a good move.I don't think people are saying get what you can for him. Turner is the #1 back in most of my leagues right now...I'm still projecting him to finish just outside the top 10 at year's end, meaning he's one of the best RB2s to have...he could easily finish in the top 10, especially if more guys get hurt.

The decision to trade him would be highly dependent on a team's situation and what you're getting back. I still say move him if your trade partner values hims as a top 5 RB.
:goodposting: As someone trying to sell Turner, I don't think he'll fall flat on his face, but I don't think he'll have a ton of 3 TD or 200 yard games left. I am desperate for help at WR (Galloway, Engram and Colston owner) and the only way I can land a stud at WR is to trade Turner.

I traded up to get Turner in re-draft and also took him in my Dynasty league.

Don't plan on trading him anytime soon. I have Wayne but the only other WRs I would want in return would be Fitz or Brandon Marshall (PPR).

He'll be a top 12 running back from this week forward (forgetting about the last 3 weeks). What do you think you'll be getting that will replace that? I can see it if you're deep at running back - like you have 2 guys better than him to play, but otherwise I think you need to keep him.

By setting an incompletion percentage record?Kid is good and has very good touch on the ball, but Tampa already showed how to beat him.Stop the run and get pressure on him. He crumbles like coffee cake.He's a good QB...no doubt. He looks like the real deal.
I don't gauge a season by one game. Every game is different and has different circumstances. I expected Ryan to struggle as he gets used to the NFL. What worked for Tampa might not work for other teams.I saw Rhonde Barber get burned over and over by Brandon Lloyd last night on NFL Replay. Does that mean Rhonde sucks or he had a bad game? Does that mean I should annoint Lloyd the next TO? Nope because I don't make hasty judgements based on one game.Right now our data sample consists of two games in which ATL jumped out to a big lead and one game which they fell behind early. I'd like to see some games in between first before I start drawing conclusions. I fully expect the CAR to be an in between game since their D is suspect. This could seriously turn into a shootout as long as ATL doesn't fall behind early and loose their balance.I'll be the first one to eat crow if I'm wrong but I'll also be the last one to write off anybody with such a small data sample.If you can get a Top 5 back for him then by all means pull the trigger but shipping him off for a WR seems foolish right now.
All valid points. And it is too early to know what he's going to do, but then again this is prognostication, not necessarily fact.Here's what we know though, and that is ALL we can use to base our prognostication on. Otherwise...it's just f'ing guessing.1. Turner is a stud...no doubt.2. He plays on a Run First team3. He has a rookie QB4. Team philosophy this year APPEARS to be run, run, run...mix in a pass or two while the rook gets comfy. Play solid defense.5. He's destroyed two PATHETIC teams6. He struggled mightily against a decent defense with a decent offense on the road.7. It appears if you take away his running game and put him behind, the rook can't YET carry the load.Reality is, that when they are at home, on turf against a crappy team, he's a stud.But when they were behind and on the road, they had no running game and the QB couldn't make the Defense pay.I fully expect him to get better as the season goes on and as he gets more comfortable with the passing game.But...Turner's schedule gets ALOT tougher from here on out. Nobody has to eat crow. I am basing my speculation on what we know so far. And yes, the unknown can and will play a huge portion of that outcome, so by no means do I think my analysis is better than yours. Just happens to be mine.(also I traded Turner away so I'm HOPING he breaks a toe or something :goodposting: )

(also I traded Turner away so I'm HOPING he breaks a toe or something :ph34r: )
:football: If I do deal Turner I certainly won't be hoping for that.

Would it be way out of line to trade Cutler (I also have Romo) and Turner for S. Smith and MBIII?

(also I traded Turner away so I'm HOPING he breaks a toe or something :ph34r: )
:popcorn: If I do deal Turner I certainly won't be hoping for that.
FINE! I hope his car breaks down on the way to EVERY game. There....Happy?!?!

I started this mess and i want to TRADE TURNER !!!!!

the offer is

Turner and Stewart for ... L.T.

~~~~

Now this is my present team re:draft . and why i can make this offer :

Gore

Turner

Forte

Stewart

Rice

Wayne

Calvin Johnson

I started this mess and i want to TRADE TURNER !!!!!the offer isTurner and Stewart for ... L.T.~~~~Now this is my present team re:draft . and why i can make this offer :GoreTurnerForteStewartRiceWayneCalvin Johnson
LT scares me. Even after getting the ball what, 26 times against the Jets he only had 70 some yards. (IIRC)He just doesn't have any burst, and because they're behind the 8 ball being 1-2 now, they HAVE to have him play and can't afford to rest him to get him healthy.At least that's MY concern.But if he becomes healthy enough, that would make your team very solid with some depth still at RB.Tough call.

I started this mess and i want to TRADE TURNER !!!!!the offer isTurner and Stewart for ... L.T.~~~~Now this is my present team re:draft . and why i can make this offer :GoreTurnerForteStewartRiceWayneCalvin Johnson
Sorry I didn't realize we were in the ACF sub-forum. I thought this was the Shark Pool?I guess I misunderstood the motive of your thread.

Why are people refusing to admit that this guy is legit and why would you sell a player in the prime of their career unless you get an absolutely ridiculous deal?

There have been countless supporters before this guy even became a starter to go along with plenty of doubters.

Now, I am not calling him Tomlinson, but would you have traded Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, S. Alexander in their primes?

Turner is the real deal and is proving what many of us have known was coming for sometime.

Deion Sanders was talking this past Sunday how Marshal Faulk was speaking this off season saying people better look out for Turner due to his vision, speed, and hips as a RB. He went on to say that when Faulk says that about a RB you better take notice of the guy.

Now, many people were saying that anyone can have a good youtube clip but lets be clear here, Turner's youtube clips are not ordinary. Guys with his girth and size are not supposed to move like that. His combination of speed, power and vision make him one of the best pure RB's in the league. He has all the tools you want in an all around RB. The ability to gain tough yards, but to break a tackle and take it to the house.

People keep saying it was the Lions, and KC. And sure he may not have ripped off 200 yards rushing agains Minny but you can't take away his great against just because it was against those teams. You don't rush for 220 yards against an NFL defense without elite talent. F. Gore an elite talent had 130 yards on 27 carries against this very same Detroit defense. A very nice day for Gore, but are we going to hold it against Gore that it was Detroit?

Sure Turner had an off game against TB. But even the greatest players to ever play have off games. Turner is proving to be a steal this year and it would take an awful lot to sell him at this point especially in a dynasty draft.

No doubt Turner is good. Just depends on who is on your roster and how can you make your team better.

Obviously in my position, my only threat at WR is Marshall.

I got AP, Barber and Turner. Only way I can upgrade at WR is to trade 1 of these 3 (and I'm in a keep 1 league too) and there's no way I'm trading AP or Barber (AP was my keeper and will be my keeper).

Otherwise IF I have no depth at RB I keep turner unless I get a heck of a deal.

No doubt Turner is good. Just depends on who is on your roster and how can you make your team better.Obviously in my position, my only threat at WR is Marshall.I got AP, Barber and Turner. Only way I can upgrade at WR is to trade 1 of these 3 (and I'm in a keep 1 league too) and there's no way I'm trading AP or Barber (AP was my keeper and will be my keeper).Otherwise IF I have no depth at RB I keep turner unless I get a heck of a deal.
:popcorn:Not sure how your specific situation is relevant to this discussion.

No doubt Turner is good. Just depends on who is on your roster and how can you make your team better.Obviously in my position, my only threat at WR is Marshall.I got AP, Barber and Turner. Only way I can upgrade at WR is to trade 1 of these 3 (and I'm in a keep 1 league too) and there's no way I'm trading AP or Barber (AP was my keeper and will be my keeper).Otherwise IF I have no depth at RB I keep turner unless I get a heck of a deal.
:lmao: Not sure how your specific situation is relevant to this discussion.
I think he's just explaining a situation in which it makes sense to deal him. It doesn't sound to me like he's asking for anyone's advice.

Someone offered me LT, Chris Johnson, and Antonio Gates for Turner, Eddie Royal, and Heath Miller. I accepted that so fast, I just hope it doesn't get vetoed but it probably will.

Carter_Can_Fly said:
Why are people refusing to admit that this guy is legit
Groupthink and consensus are scary things. It is the same reason coaches punt on 4th and 2 even when statistics show they should go for it in many situations. Make the move that is "safe" and if you turn out wrong you can say "Well, I made the right move even though it turned out this way, no one could have seen this coming."I think he finishes top 6 in fantasy points this year, which is why I have him on my team. Everyman has his price but I doubt anyone would make an offer that I would take for him right now.

I'm not a wheeler-dealer, so I'm far more cautious then most, but dealing him before you see him against Carolina seems like jumping the gun to me. You've seen what he can do and, again, for those who've not watched the games, I'm telling you; do not make the mistake of judging this team based on last year's debacle. They are better than that. Not great, but obviously not the 3-13 team most people predicted. And they are going to ride Turner all season.

There are some folks who like to trade, just to trade, I guess they get a kick out it, which is cool, if that's what you like to do. I'm just a far more conservative owner, personally. Like I said above, hold til week 11 or 12.

was thinking about this dilemma earlier today. really on the fence about the whole thing. on one hand you have an alleged bad team with an alleged soft line, so the thought is that he will be worthless against good teams as the run game will be abandoned and the line won't be able to open holes anyway. on the other hand, i love the way the guy runs...it's hard for one guy to take him down. he's a battering ram with breakaway speed...and even though norwood is cutting into his #s, it should be good for keeping him fresh throughout the year. plus teams can suddenly improve in this league on a year to year basis...who's to say that atlanta is as bad and their line is as crappy as advertised? the team did lay an egg at tampa in week 2, but i blame the playcalling more than anything for that loss (abandoned the run way too early and inexplicably leaned too much on ryan).

in closing, i think it's too early to decide if turner is a slam-dunk sell-now player. however if you can get someone a little "safer" who has a cake endgame schedule, or a package of players that can help your team, i wouldn't call you crazy for dealing him either. me personally, i'll probably keep him because i just like watching the guy impersonate a runaway freight train on sundays.

I'm not a wheeler-dealer, so I'm far more cautious then most, but dealing him before you see him against Carolina seems like jumping the gun to me. You've seen what he can do and, again, for those who've not watched the games, I'm telling you; do not make the mistake of judging this team based on last year's debacle. They are better than that. Not great, but obviously not the 3-13 team most people predicted. And they are going to ride Turner all season.There are some folks who like to trade, just to trade, I guess they get a kick out it, which is cool, if that's what you like to do. I'm just a far more conservative owner, personally. Like I said above, hold til week 11 or 12.
The problem with that logic is that by then, if for some reason you wanted to trade Turner, your partner has a pretty good feel for what he's worth. The idea of selling high is getting maximum value by selling when a guy might be overvalued. Not to mention most of my leagues have trade deadlines prior to week 11.Some people in this thread think he's a top 5 back--it's not outside the realm of possibility, it's just not what I'm projecting right now. If that's your belief, there's no way you trade him. There's really nothing in FF more valuable than a top 5 back, and the perception that he might be overachieving against weaker opponents means it's very unlikely you'll be able to move him for one of the other 4 backs that might be better/have more upside.

I'm not a wheeler-dealer, so I'm far more cautious then most, but dealing him before you see him against Carolina seems like jumping the gun to me. You've seen what he can do and, again, for those who've not watched the games, I'm telling you; do not make the mistake of judging this team based on last year's debacle. They are better than that. Not great, but obviously not the 3-13 team most people predicted. And they are going to ride Turner all season.There are some folks who like to trade, just to trade, I guess they get a kick out it, which is cool, if that's what you like to do. I'm just a far more conservative owner, personally. Like I said above, hold til week 11 or 12.
The problem with that logic is that by then, if for some reason you wanted to trade Turner, your partner has a pretty good feel for what he's worth. The idea of selling high is getting maximum value by selling when a guy might be overvalued. Not to mention most of my leagues have trade deadlines prior to week 11.Some people in this thread think he's a top 5 back--it's not outside the realm of possibility, it's just not what I'm projecting right now. If that's your belief, there's no way you trade him. There's really nothing in FF more valuable than a top 5 back, and the perception that he might be overachieving against weaker opponents means it's very unlikely you'll be able to move him for one of the other 4 backs that might be better/have more upside.
Risk vs. reward.Right now if you trade him or trade for him you incur more of the former for greater potential of the latter. As time goes by and more information is known the bar moves tword the middle on both accounts.

Fair enough, and I understand where you're coming from. But if you think that there's ANY credence to this guy being a top 5 back, I think you have to see him vs Carolina. JMO.

I put him on a very high horse vs other rb's.

I just sent out a feeler tonight.

I offered Turner, Moss, and Slaton

for

Tomlinson and Andre Johnson

I'll let you guys know if he likes it.

If you have Turner now is the perferct time to TRADE him Right ? in a THROW BACK LEAGUE.~~~~So do you ship him off ?? The Falcons are a 500. team at best and there Schudule is getting harder.~~~~I think you sell !!!~~~~Try and give up Turner and a lower 2nd or 3rd tier guy like Stewart,Wiliams, etc..... for LT,Peterson,Barber or Gore.. if you can talk the guy into it.~~Do we think Turner will finsh the YEAR as a TOP 10 RB as we know LT, GORE,Peterson and BARBER will.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:lmao:

two_dollars said:
I put him on a very high horse vs other rb's.I just sent out a feeler tonight.I offered Turner, Moss, and SlatonforTomlinson and Andre JohnsonI'll let you guys know if he likes it.
I got a very firm no thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread