What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim's FFL Year 4- Out of the playoffs again. This league sucks. (1 Viewer)

Overview:

Let's start by remarking that we appreciate your old-school leanings: you have a team marked by strength at the running back position. Because the position is so sought after, a team constructed like this usually has a chance to make the playoffs. Your strength at tight end is also a plus, but with the quarterback and wide receiver both being less strong, you may need to do something to change the outlook of this team. Your deficiencies are likely to show themselves through the bye weeks, so try to manuever early in improving the quarterback and/or receiver positions before week four.

Keep an eye out for quarterbacks like Ben Roethlisberger from last season, Nick Foles from the year before, and Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck from the year before that. All were available cheap in August, and all contributed to fantasy championship teams. Similarly, wide receivers like Odell Beckham, Jr. and Brandon LaFell were available after a lot of the drafts last season. Landing some of this year's top waiver players would be a huge help, so pay close attention to increased workloads, targets, injuries, etc.

Bottom line:

• With great inseason management, we think you have about a 65 percent chance of making the playoffs.
  • With good inseason management, we think you have about a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs.
  • With average inseason management, we think you have a 29 percent chance of making the playoffs.
QB Summary:

We have Tom Brady rated #19 among quarterbacks, so we're not even sold on him as a fantasy starter in your league. But #23-rated QB Carson Palmer provides you with another viable option. So while the position doesn't figure to be a strength, with shrewd management and a little luck you might end up with decent production at QB

Jimmy Garoppolo is a solid depth pick.

RB Summary:

Obviously, C.J. Anderson is a great way to anchor any RB group. We've got him ranked #3 at the position, and by our reckoning he gives you about a 1.1 point advantage over an average team in the first RB slot.

Andre Ellington should serve as a very solid second running back; he's a likely flex starter. Duke Johnson should also be solidly above average at RB3 --- also probably a frequent flex contributor. Lance Dunbar should serve as a very solid fourth running back.

WR Summary:

T.Y. Hilton is a solid choice as a top receiver. He's our #8 WR, so you're ahead of most teams there, which is good considering that, overall, receiver is probably not going to be your strongest position.

Steve Johnson is a very weak second receiver (another likely flex starter). Eddie Royal also figures to be a bit iffy as a third WR. Robert Woods is a little below average as a fourth receiver.

TE Summary:

As you are well aware, Travis Kelce is an elite tight end. We have him ranked fourth overall at the position. He's about 1.1 points per game better than an average starting TE in this league. Clive Walford is an adequate second tight end.

Overview:

Let's start by remarking that we appreciate your old-school leanings: you have a team marked by strength at the running back position. Because the position is so sought after, a team constructed like this usually has a chance to make the playoffs. Your strength at tight end is also a plus, but with the quarterback and wide receiver both being less strong, you may need to do something to change the outlook of this team. Your deficiencies are likely to show themselves through the bye weeks, so try to manuever early in improving the quarterback and/or receiver positions before week four.

Keep an eye out for quarterbacks like Ben Roethlisberger from last season, Nick Foles from the year before, and Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck from the year before that. All were available cheap in August, and all contributed to fantasy championship teams. Similarly, wide receivers like Odell Beckham, Jr. and Brandon LaFell were available after a lot of the drafts last season. Landing some of this year's top waiver players would be a huge help, so pay close attention to increased workloads, targets, injuries, etc.

Bottom line:

• With great inseason management, we think you have about a 65 percent chance of making the playoffs.
  • With good inseason management, we think you have about a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs.
  • With average inseason management, we think you have a 29 percent chance of making the playoffs.
QB Summary:

We have Tom Brady rated #19 among quarterbacks, so we're not even sold on him as a fantasy starter in your league. But #23-rated QB Carson Palmer provides you with another viable option. So while the position doesn't figure to be a strength, with shrewd management and a little luck you might end up with decent production at QB

Jimmy Garoppolo is a solid depth pick.

RB Summary:

Obviously, C.J. Anderson is a great way to anchor any RB group. We've got him ranked #3 at the position, and by our reckoning he gives you about a 1.1 point advantage over an average team in the first RB slot.

Andre Ellington should serve as a very solid second running back; he's a likely flex starter. Duke Johnson should also be solidly above average at RB3 --- also probably a frequent flex contributor. Lance Dunbar should serve as a very solid fourth running back.

WR Summary:

T.Y. Hilton is a solid choice as a top receiver. He's our #8 WR, so you're ahead of most teams there, which is good considering that, overall, receiver is probably not going to be your strongest position.

Steve Johnson is a very weak second receiver (another likely flex starter). Eddie Royal also figures to be a bit iffy as a third WR. Robert Woods is a little below average as a fourth receiver.

TE Summary:

As you are well aware, Travis Kelce is an elite tight end. We have him ranked fourth overall at the position. He's about 1.1 points per game better than an average starting TE in this league. Clive Walford is an adequate second tight end.
With great inseason management, we think you have about a 65 percent chance of making the playoffs.

oooooooofffffffffffff . Never actually seen an actual drafted team rated that low before. gl chach :X :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I go against Big Ben and Gronk Smash week 1. Looks like I'll start Sunday with a 90 point deficit. Hope to rally the troops week 2.

Players thrust upon the stage:

Davante Adams - CHECK

Christine Michael - CHECK

Knile Davis - pending.

Cody Latimer - pending.

Pablo Escobar - pending.

ETA: Josh Robinson just sent me a text which I would like to quote: "Dude"

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis Kelce!!

Oh and Ty Hilton is going to be money this year. And the Bills defense. If CJ Anderson does as well as expected, I'm pretty sure I have the best team in this league.

Since when do individual players get points for punt returns? Never saw that in our posted ruled, whever those are.

Travis Kelce!!

Oh and Ty Hilton is going to be money this year. And the Bills defense. If CJ Anderson does as well as expected, I'm pretty sure I have the best team in this league.
CJ looks like poo. Hilton hurt
i know. And Ellington is probably done for the season. But- Steve Johnson looks like the real

deal. And Hiltoms only got a bruised knee. Could be worse. Still pretty happy about my nucleus.

Since when do individual players get points for punt returns? Never saw that in our posted ruled, whever those are.
Only if it's a TD. It's on the website
Was that ever articulated here?
I don't know. I cut and paste all the scoring rule so. Is it unusual? It's not something I did deliberately or changed.
People do it. I have never been in a league that scores it that way. If that was the setting, so be it. Just should have had all the rules defined/decided up front. But it is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread