What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim's FFL Year 4- Out of the playoffs again. This league sucks. (1 Viewer)

Regular waiver system. If you use your priority, you fall to the back of the line. Has nothing to do with record. Starts with draft order at beginning of the season.
I hadn't even noticed that. I always assumed standard meant worst to first resetting each week. I guess like the leagues that do WW bids, it's just another form of strategy. Glad to know though.

Regular waiver system. If you use your priority, you fall to the back of the line. Has nothing to do with record. Starts with draft order at beginning of the season.
I hadn't even noticed that. I always assumed standard meant worst to first resetting each week. I guess like the leagues that do WW bids, it's just another form of strategy. Glad to know though.
I thought this was standard. I don't know. I guess it varies.

Right when I put together a couple wins in a row, Jamaal is lost for the season and any hope of competing is wiped away like an email on Hillary's server.

Currently also in first in a 4 League/Division x 10 Team league (40 total teams)

Check out this fiasco:

$350 entry plus $10 free agent moves

Top 6 teams in each division (10 team league) make the playoffs. 1st and 2nd in each division get first round byes

DIVISION PLAYOFFS (each 10t league is a "division)
Week 12: 6th vs 3rd / 4th vs 5th
Week 13: 1st Plays low seed / 2nd vs high seed
Week 14: Division Superbowl - Loser gets $250, Winner Advances

LEAGUE PLAYOFFS (winner of each 10t league)
Week 15: 1 seed vs 4 seed / 2 seed vs 3 seed

Week 16: Superbowl and 3rd/4th place playoff

Payouts:
1st: $5k / 2nd: $2.5k / 3rd: $1.4k / 4th: $900

5th thru 8th (division runner ups) get $250ea

Plus $50 paid to high score of each 10t division each week

:loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
A trade has been agreed to between myself and Jmon (KobeFantasyFootball):

I am trading Carson Palmer, CJ Anderson, and Travis Kelce for Matt Forte, Ladarius Green, and Jameis Winston.

I am trading Carson Palmer, CJ Anderson, and Travis Kelce for Matt Forte, Ladarius Green, and Jameis Winston.
This makes me happy. Tim's team sucks so bad that nothing will help him. Jmon is now dangerously thin at rb. Jmons team was the only one who worried me.

This makes me happy. Tim's team sucks so bad that nothing will help him. Jmon is now dangerously thin at rb
It's a risk, but I really needed to upgrade at QB and TE. Been shopping Forte and other RBs all season looking to upgrade other spots. It's a ppr and we are only required to start one. I like my group ok:

Dion Lewis

Shane Vereen

CJ Anderson

Matt Jones

and

SPOILER ALERT

I'm using my number one waiver priority tonight on Chaakandriiaack West.

This makes me happy. Tim's team sucks so bad that nothing will help him. Jmon is now dangerously thin at rb
It's a risk, but I really needed to upgrade at QB and TE. Been shopping Forte and other RBs all season looking to upgrade other spots. It's a ppr and we are only required to start one. I like my group ok:

Dion Lewis

Shane Vereen

CJ Anderson

Matt Jones

and

SPOILER ALERT

I'm using my number one waiver priority tonight on Chaakandriiaack West.
yeah figured you would grab West. No way I could've let go of Forte but you were weak at those 2 positions. Just be hard for me to start making trades when I was putting up a lot of points and in 2nd place but could make your team even stronger. I'm a little upset about it because I'm a Bears fan and fully expect Forte to blow out his knee now that Tim owns him.

The league is known as "Timschochet's FFL league" at Yahoo. (League ID# 581820) Once everyone has been paid, I will send invites.

Link: https://yho.com/nfl?l=581820&k=a9ee8aa43904424b&ikey=a6500943c0d8ce05

Once draft starts it will be here, Monday through Friday, 10 am PST to 7pm PST. Each drafter will have one hour to make picks. This may be shortened in later rounds if time permits. The clock is off on weekends, though anyone may make their pick at any time.

16 team league. 16 round draft. Each week, you must start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 RB/WR/TEs, 1 DEF, 1 K

Scoring:

Passing: 25 yards per point, 4 pts per TD, -1 for interception

Rushing: 10 yards per point, 6 pts for TD,

Receptions: 10 yards per point, 1 pt per reception, 6 pts for TD

General: -2 for fumbles lost, 2 pts for 2pt conversion, 6 for offensive fumble return TD

Kicking: 1 pt for PAT, 3 pts for 0-39 yards, 4 pts for 40-49 yards, 5 pts for 50+

Defense: 1 for sack, 2 for interception, 2 for fumble recovery, 6 for TD, 2 for safety, 2 for blocked kick, 6 for kickoff and punt return TDs, 10 for 0 pts, 7 for 1-6 pts, 4 for 7-13 pts, 1 for 14-20 pts, -1 for 28-34 pts, -4 for 35+ pts.

Waiver wire- each week in reverse order of standings, waiver time 2 days

Trades- to be approved by commissioner (only way I disapprove is obvious inequity) trades end Nov. 13

Playoffs: 6 teams. Top 2 get 1 week bye.

Prizes:

1st place: $800

2nd place: $400

3rd place: $200

high score regular season: $200

These waivers are absolutely B.S. you have the top two teams pick up multiple players and still I have a lower waiver priority than both doesn't make sense.

Waivers runs Tuesday night. That's the only thing that affects waiver priority. After that it's first come first served which has no effect on waiver priority.

Tim just changed starting requirements to 3RB, 1WR, 2PK.... and no more points for TD's... only Receptions and yards. Cuz, rules.

I Just approved my own scoring adjustment for Edelman. He's now scored 56 points in each of the last 5 games, including his week 4 bye.

Waivers runs Tuesday night. That's the only thing that affects waiver priority. After that it's first come first served which has no effect on waiver priority.
This isn't true cause I should have had a higher waiver priority last week, when I picked up my players after waivers were over.

How the heck do the top two teams pick up players after me yet still have a higher waiver claim than me. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I think all of these complaints are justified. When the season is over, I plan on studying the entire set of rules for this league in order to determine if they were handled fairly. All prize monies will of course be held up until my examination is complete. That may take several months...

I think all of these complaints are justified. When the season is over, I plan on studying the entire set of rules for this league in order to determine if they were handled fairly. All prize monies will of course be held up until my examination is complete. That may take several months...
Thanks, Unlucky!

Users who are viewing this thread