What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans 2015 in-season thread (1 Viewer)

Whisenhunt presser listed as 48 minutes. "Transcript" shows just 3-4 Qs on Sankey and a couple of Dawg Pound.

He either enunciated every syllable for 30 seconds or the Titans site is really limiting things this season.

Video not there like it used to be either
It's amazing to me that all press conferences aren't posted online. Not everyone is as hard core as we are but don't they want the fans to be as involved as possible.

I noticed in one of the Vikings transcripts that they edited out a couple things that Zimmer said when I transcribed it from the video.

I noticed in one of the Vikings transcripts that they edited out a couple things that Zimmer said when I transcribed it from the video.
this is usual and I can "sniff it out" usually when the text doesn't fit, last two days was unacceptable IMO

Reporters there probably don't like bloggers with same access

In the quick videos spots on Titansonline, West is kind of chunky.

All the supposed maturity issues and such in CLE that they wouldn't get into....wonder if that was the root of it. It's your job, lose the gut, get in better shape. If Whis is here for year 3...he got on Sankey for like 5 pounds.

Concerned with Martin's success running the ball and lack of a NT. This wouldn't go away if Hill was healthy, he's a 4-3 DT not a 3-4 NT and I didn't think they addressed this with Blackson.

Impressed more with Blackson every game. Didn't play a ton yet made a few real key plays. I don't get the DaQuan love at all. Martin ran right there, why are people saying he did well. 1 TFL or 1 sack doesn't at all make a nice game, it makes one nice play. Cleveland would probably love to run behind Mack all day

DGB needs to get in there. They're gonna need him.

Am I wrong or does the secondary look sooo much better without McCourty and Bleeding(not starting)? Totally wonder if Bleeding has trade value.

It's very possible Lebeau can make the Titans look great two weeks in, week 3 could really sting

I'm not buying the Sankey love from Whis. Because a brand new RB that doesn't know the plays got as many snaps as he did and we are not talking about an ADP or Sweetness talent that commands to be on the field

Not putting Klug in last week probably meant Whis wanted to see if West could get it done, he failed. Curious (if Andrews is out) if week one struggles motivates him in future or was a sign he's not the GL back.

West has a single shared year of experience and isn't some long-time veteran. Cobb draggin' to pickup the O and assert himself really makes me hmmmm after West picked things up in a week.

LBer cuts I whined about...allowing 30ish yards per return was terrible. First obvious issue. Mount is like a car with no brakes and is amusing to watch. Johnson runs slowish like he's scared he'll let someone by him. One Orakpo injury away from me being upset.

Titans, Jags, forget the others...few teams did not meet the percent of cap they need to in CBA. IIRC it's that they have to every four years. All in all no big deal, but one of these offseasons, we're assured the Titans will spend some $.

Whisenhunt radio show and Webster show are the best for info during this switch to being coy with the media. Whis is Wed and Webster Friday I think.

Jason Wolf of Tennessean supposedly has a nice show. I missed it. I'm waiting for Glennon to step up into Wyatt's shoes and it seems like Wolf is.

Manziel to start. Not sure whether that is good or bad for the Titans. He'll improvise a bit which is hard to contain and make a few boneheaded plays which should turn the ball over. Gotta get to him, and smack him to the ground a bit, preferably early :football:

Manziel to start. Not sure whether that is good or bad for the Titans. He'll improvise a bit which is hard to contain and make a few boneheaded plays which should turn the ball over. Gotta get to him, and smack him to the ground a bit, preferably early :football:
I think you let him run til a LB or S can get him because most everything I saw in college was a bad reaction "oh no he's running" and he killed them for it. If a CB leaves his man, he'll get ya and it's hard to stay disciplined like that but geesh it's only til he crosses the LOS. He'll scramble behind a while til a CB makes a move if he can.

Now NFL Manziel stunk last year but in preseason he was more purposeful like some classic running QBs. I haven't seen him "buy time" yet in the NFL. If he ran, he ran.

It is extremely hard to cover a WR for 4-5 seconds; every second you add to that is exponentially more difficult. Cleveland seems to not want him to scramble so...skip it, Titans are fine. I'd tell ya right away there isn't a DB in the NFL that can stay with Hawkins for 8 seconds. I think this hurts his ability and confidence and don't agree with it at all.

His NFL passes are very low and I'm unsure why. The issues with weak arm? He is firing more directly? Idk what's with that.

His lobs were so sweet and Evans ripped em down regardless of the D. Browns are flat out crazy for not getting him a big WR-Bowe isn't winning any jump balls anymore. (Bucs should have drafted him last year BTW with three huge targets it'd be different career)

He's still developing and very uncomfortable. He looks very much like young Flutie

I will forever fear him with a head of confidence ad-libbing but as long as the Browns won't let him, he's of little concern. Hawkins is Wright like but the team doesn't seem to have faith in him. He'll get his but he won't make the last second big play, he's surely secondary. Hartline is also a complimentary WR and just OK.

It's this pedestrian offense, that can run and a far tougher than they look defense. Their O doesn't get the D off the field and this affects stats, but they're very good. IIRC 3 players in the secondary that have made the pro bowl. They have this great rookie DL that I'd love to have in Shelton. I don't care if it's game two, Sankey don't run at him! The Titans gotta run though and run often against that D. They gotta let em' get tired and Mariota has to pick his punches against an excellent secondary.

I think you'll see a big big difference between Q1 and Q4. D will be tired, Manziel will be pressing. Titans will be fine. But yeah he's spitting image of young Flutie

Whisenhunt presser listed as 48 minutes. "Transcript" shows just 3-4 Qs on Sankey and a couple of Dawg Pound.

He either enunciated every syllable for 30 seconds or the Titans site is really limiting things this season.

Video not there like it used to be either
It's amazing to me that all press conferences aren't posted online. Not everyone is as hard core as we are but don't they want the fans to be as involved as possible.
As a local, they don't really care. That's the problem with this franchise. There's a huge disconnect between the owners/team and the fans. And Whiz is the worst guy possible to help it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They got destroyed by Johnny Manziel and the Cleveland browns. This team and defense is a joke and im upset at myself for picking these clowns up. Absolute horrible performance and got dismantled by Johnny and this clown is a 3rd stringer. Titans are gonna be last place again this year folks...

They got destroyed by Johnny Manziel and the Cleveland browns. This team and defense is a joke and im upset at myself for picking these clowns up. Absolute horrible performance and got dismantled by Johnny and this clown is a 3rd stringer. Titans are gonna be last place again this year folks...
yep they were the best last week, the worst this week...this is about right.

Manziel completed two passes total for the 2nd 3rd 4th Q. No doubt the Benjamin one killed em' and Bleeding sure did his thing but...it's on the O. Lebeau adjusted beautifully and the D did well for three quarters. If they have to score 22+ points then they have to. Those two passes, neither RB performing great, that's alot to ask of the D. They got their job done.

Aside from 3 TE set, the O looked very different from week 1 so I blame Whis and probably Michaels although I never truly know what's on him.

ST- Whis decided to cut all the good looking young talent at LB that had spent all summer on ST. Shocker they allowed almost 30 ypr in week one and the big return yesterday. If any aspect has a negligible difference in trying to coach with or without pads, it'd be ST. He could have had them ready. Oh I imagine he'd blame it on minimal practice time being limited and all but then don't cut them and shoot yourself in the foot.

Another thing, I don't want DGB on the kickoff team. He is way too big a target, injury waiting to happen from a cheap block. 4 WRs he's lowest on totem pole...I don't care, risk Sankey, West, and McCluster then.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/15968/ichael-griffin-was-clearly-held-on-browns-final-td-pass

Griffin quickly recognized where Manziel was heading and was in position to mirror and close on him. But the replay shows Erving clearly held Griffin for a prolonged period, and as the safety tried to break free with his left hand, he waved to try to get attention from officials with his right and hopped sideways to try to break free.

By the time he got loose, all he could do was turn to watch the ball’s flight.

Per PK Mariota pressured on 20 of 63 attempts.

That could be construed as 1 in 3, which most will jump on but when a QB waits as long as he can that stat gets skewed a bit.

Bri said:
ST- Whis decided to cut all the good looking young talent at LB that had spent all summer on ST.
I've been railing about this as well. The decision to keep five TEs plus a FB and not enough capable ST tacklers was bad.

I saw someone said Mariota should be pulled if he gets sacked 5 times. I think that's interesting.

If we pretend they're going to win the Supe, bad move. Otherwise I'm kind of hmmm to the idea.

(As if Whis agreed to it and all) What do you think?

Only pull him if he starts acting scared in the pocket. And spend a lot of time with the OL in practice

Titans with 25th ranked OL in pass protection at PFF

Last week killed em'

When I rewatched it, the Titans were horribly coached or horribly calling out the OL assignments. More often than not there's a plethora of guys on the left and Poutasi and Meredith to deal with 3 guys on the right.

The two stunts where the DE and DT criss-cross that Poutasi fell for were totally on him, but the rest is just terrible.

Is that Mariota or Schwenke? No change at halftime so some is on OL coach for sure.

Browns didn't do squat that was all that clever. They just went heavy opposite where the Titans were heavy and the Titans did nothing to adjust.

3 TEs and almost always 2 are on the left, not to mention the one on the right is usually a receiver not a blocker.

No clue why Schwenke went left and not right. That sure would have helped.

If you go watch a highlight it's probably there too. It was super common and pathetic. 100 guys blocking on left side, two on the right.

FUBAR said:
doesn't mean much right now, but the Titans and Jaguars are tied for first place. :oldunsure:
And the Colts are rolling (stumbling?) into Nashville in week 3. If the Titans can pick up a win here, then they've got the division locked up! Am I right?

Or does the NFL still have that weird rule in place that says if you lose to Cleveland at any time then you are ineligible for the playoffs? :oldunsure:

Is McCluster a legit threat to Sankey? Worth rostering in PPR?
Hard to try and understand Whisenhunt and the run game but he wants runs up the middle, first and foremost. Non-fumblers second.

I knew all that Sankey love wouldn't mean a darn thing.

I didn't know early last week they started planning to give it to McCluster nor did I think he was even capable of running between the tackles.

He has been penciled in as the third down back, played that role in preseason and week one and from his time in KC it even fits some.

That was probably West's turn or even Andrews in this RBBC but West fumbled and McCluster took over.

Some have West out of this RBBC now and "done." I don't think so.

All I think you saw was RBBC, McCluster's turn.

Some are calling Andrews injury a phantom injury some still have hope for him. No clue and a bit caught offguard by his injury and lack of news.

Whisenhunt wanted someone to step forward as the bellcow but didn't expect it and planned on RBBC. It's possible West is just an extra now and the committee is two guys or three with Andrews. All I'd glean from last week is West seems to have been pushed out of the race.

Whis seems to like this unknown so don't expect clarity unless someone strings together a dominant performance or a few excellent games.

For now I guess ya just hope West doesn't join back in the committee

In the first 1st quarter of the game:

McCluster - 3 for 52 yards

Sankey - 4 for 11 yards

No surprise they played McCluster a lot since he was producing. Sankey also looks lost in the passing game - something I thought was a strength when he was drafted.

Signed C-G Dillon Farrell to the practice squad. Waived TE Tevin Westbrook from the practice squad..

Giants re-signed Kenrick Ellis. I had mentioned previously curious cut, did well, 3rd round DT that ran with the ones in preseason. Anywho, I guess Matias has some company with Farrell now on PS too

CB David Amerson was cut by Washington and claimed by Raiders.

He was a 2nd rounder just two drafts ago, sure would have liked the Titans to claim him

Titans are 4th rated defense in yards allowed

12th in points per game

Morgan is 2nd in NFL with 3 sacks

Indy seems vulnerable, but can Morgan, Casey and Orakpo (as well as more exotic blitzers) get to Luck?

Not sure I believe in the resurgence of Gore

Indy seems vulnerable, but can Morgan, Casey and Orakpo (as well as more exotic blitzers) get to Luck?

Not sure I believe in the resurgence of Gore
Indy is down 4-5 CBs since last week of summer.

Whisenhunt called their plays the first two weeks of the year. (<---If you watched this totally makes sense even as a joke) It's been too cute. Sir Andre is barely open and I felt like he ran 8000 routes where all he did was go straight.

After the opening drive, scripted feel, they pass pass pass pass oh look they ran one and Gore gets like 8 yards per carry in this surprise mode. He looks regular when they're in their normal O.

They need a change and have discussed that with the press. Peyton looks ugly in Denver and their response is this head-butting between he and Kubiak(because after his time with the Texans he should coach a top team). Indy sounds open and communicative with suggestions. I'm afraid we see a good version of their offense.

Yeah yeah yeah but we sorta need the vibe of Mett starting this week which makes Mariota say I can do it too. Just fire away at those CBs over n over. The Colts D wants you to do anything but so if Whis is going to be cute and try and run a bunch and throw to the TEs often that is absolutely not what the other teams are doing to beat them. CBs are hurt, you go "for blood" and put 4 WR sets and fling that rock. I'm mostly worried about Whis' lack of killer instinct here

injuries here http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201509270oti.htm

Words and reporters' eyes were those guys were full practice, report states them as limited

(McCourty, Andrews, Walker)

Titans failed to be coy here.

Presser video on titans site today-

Home field advantage good to have?

Help with communication between lineman?

Think mariota has adjusted well?

Shown poise?

Any traits that he has that other young successful QBs have?

that's it

No way those reporters only asked that much

Users who are viewing this thread