What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans 2018 (3 Viewers)

Is there a nose worthy of late teens/early 20'ies? If not maybe WR or safety (DB), then nose later
Austin Johnson and Kilgo have fought well some games, been meh others. I would guess they add a couple and let the four battle it out. They really stink at drafting NTs so maybe finally they'll just add a sure thing in free agency.

It's possible, this is a special group at LB with the youth developing. As with Avery for years, they gotta get a better DL to keep the OL off the LBs. It's garbage how often they have to deal with linemen. It should be an occasion, an oops, to see an opposing OL into the second level.

The Titans could really have a massive overhaul on the DL if they want and if replacements are available. 

Mularkey consistently cut these DL that were impressive UDFAs in camp and it always bugged me. I think Vrabel will keep one or two. After his statement of Flu and Fowler, I think his mistakes hit him and he realizes he needs the hustler hard hat types. Dickerson almost never plays and I bet that's why he's hung around

It's nice that a NT can play DE in a 3-4 but ultimately I want a beast that can't. I just want him so big you wouldn't even think of moving him.

Last I read, Roderick Henderson was returning this year and got cleared of all charges. He didn't and no one picked him up. Maybe he's a futures guy? I loved his highlight reel when they signed him as a UDFA. They cut him like a week or two later though. Doesn't have to be him but yet I want players like him. He played so mean and just loved it. When does a nose have attitude? They're always quiet stoic. 

Oh, and cut Dion, offer Henry a longer deal - like a copy of Dion's....
Dion won't play in the NFL next year if he doesn't commit to working on his pass blocking. Franchises value QBs too much and it wrecks everything he has of value on third downs and veteran smarts and...he has to commit

Is there a nose worthy of late teens/early 20'ies? If not maybe WR or safety (DB), then nose later
I really wonder if Pees' two deep sticks in 2019. Byard isn't afford the opportunity to be a playmaker in this scheme. 

We were annoyed Cyp got hurt, but he would have been awful as an outfielder. This is very different from Lebeau using his safeties to attack in spots.

I'd really prefer they do it more traditionally, add an outfielder and let Byard and the new guy flip flop some plays with who gets to be deep and who gets to freelance. 

Cruik is more like Cyp too so now he's a curious pick. 

Bri said:
Dion won't play in the NFL next year if he doesn't commit to working on his pass blocking. Franchises value QBs too much and it wrecks everything he has of value on third downs and veteran smarts and...he has to commit
They save 2.7m by cutting him - draft his replacement

Bri said:
This probably means the Titans draft OL or DL and not OLB
Seems to me that with Finch, Landry and the old dudes, OLB isn't a particular need.

Either line can use help if the right guy is there. 

Personally, if drafting today, looking at the players expected to be available, I'd want Noah Fant. As much as I had hopes for Jonnu, and firkser has been a solid role player, Fant would quickly become a key for Mariota's future success.

Bri said:
Finch has a preliminary 91.1 grade for the year. Could be top 10 UDFA since PFF started.

If you ignore limited snaps, one of the top OLBs in the NFL.

No one knows he exists though

Maybe best point, smoothest transition from DE to OLB ever for Titans...if not other 31.
Yet he's still unheralded by most. 

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Yesterday, for early season struggles, Titans OC blamed Carter (OL coach) when interviewed, Carter blamed LaFleur.

The Titans website has always taken negative videos down but they're up there. Check em' out ASAP. 

You can hear Vrabel say "enough guys, enough," Carter turns his head, and then the interview with Carter ends.

Very weird to have this happen during a run like Henry's having. 

Two things- this is not going to help the press get access to assistants and something could come of this, this offseason

I'm still disappointed that Akrum Wadley hasn't caught on. 
Dawkins (the small back they kept around) has not really contributed. I think this proves they made the wrong choice. The thing that gets me is (yet another time) I could just use Vrabel's quotes against him or LaFleur's to easily point out they liked Wadley and should have kept him. 

Rose III posted on fb that he'll get another chance in the NFL next year. I'm guessing either the Titans or Rams discussed a futures contract with him. Still, I swear...best? smartest? high school DB ever and he ought to consider switching.  I haven't seen anything from Wadley other than quotes supporting his former teams. 

Correct me if I am wrong but we need Pitt to lose tonight (likely) and Titans win against colts and we are in no matter how any other chops fall, Correct? 

Correct me if I am wrong but we need Pitt to lose tonight (likely) and Titans win against colts and we are in no matter how any other chops fall, Correct? 
I'm not sure on the Pitt loss. My head is spun around with too many possibilities.

I think they should be good if they win next week. There are other teams that could lose next week too, it's not just this week, if they need help also

My man Casey out for the year. Geesh he's been durable

I don't have any hopes for the playoffs if they make it without Casey and Ryan. Yesterday was rough with ADP. Evans took a step back (which is fine because he's been awesome) and without Finch, geesh they really couldn't smash and tackle. No disrespect to ADP's career, but at this point, the guy has very few moves and explosion and it's pretty frustrating to watch him succeed against our D.

Marlon Mack only has explosion. I think he's a backup NFL back and limited, but the guy sees a crease and boom.  Evans has to have a great game or he'll wreck us. Without Casey, our DL will actually be blocked one on one for the first time in years. They couldn't handle things well with him getting 2 or 3 OL so I am not positive about them playing without.

Butler and Adoree still have mental lapses and Luck is probably going to wreck them for that. I have such little hope for next week. 

IF their OC can call a good game, I could definitely see the Titans moving the ball well and maybe they can match points...maybe. That rookie LB for the Colts is special and he's gonna get Henry often. I don't think they can feed him all day and expect to match points. 

If Mariota is out, I'd really rather just skip the game and call it a year. Seriously,  just be like "alright, see ya next year"

Lewan could be suspended for junk with Norman? Oh faaa yeah definitely just call it a season

Last edited by a moderator:
My man Casey out for the year. Geesh he's been durable

I don't have any hopes for the playoffs if they make it without Casey and Ryan. Yesterday was rough with ADP. Evans took a step back (which is fine because he's been awesome) and without Finch, geesh they really couldn't smash and tackle. No disrespect to ADP's career, but at this point, the guy has very few moves and explosion and it's pretty frustrating to watch him succeed against our D.

Marlon Mack only has explosion. I think he's a backup NFL back and limited, but the guy sees a crease and boom.  Evans has to have a great game or he'll wreck us. Without Casey, our DL will actually be blocked one on one for the first time in years. They couldn't handle things well with him getting 2 or 3 OL so I am not positive about them playing without.

Butler and Adoree still have mental lapses and Luck is probably going to wreck them for that. I have such little hope for next week. 

IF their OC can call a good game, I could definitely see the Titans moving the ball well and maybe they can match points...maybe. That rookie LB for the Colts is special and he's gonna get Henry often. I don't think they can feed him all day and expect to match points. 

If Mariota is out, I'd really rather just skip the game and call it a year. Seriously,  just be like "alright, see ya next year"
Casey, Ryan and Mariota out would make for a very tough time beating Indy. 

I'd still take a playoff game even "knowing" they'd lose to Houston or New England, but you're right that they likely wouldn't go far. 

Lewan could be suspended for junk with Norman? Oh faaa yeah definitely just call it a season
I messaged some people. It might be suspendable to go to the other team's sideline as he did. Goodell is Goodell, idk on this 

I saw something on Twitter that Lewan was saying  Norman was trying to injure Henry towards the end of the game and that is why he went over. 

News of the injuries much appreciated. I like the thought of beating the Colts and getting in. But without Mariota and Casey that'll be damn hard

Finch was a full participant in a non full contact practice. Guy's shoulder popped out two weeks ago. He really is tough as nails

I put a lot of blame on JRob for this loss. 

Blaine Gabbert is the best you can come up with for a backup quarterback?

I would throw a bunch of money at Foles in the offseason and try to get Foles. I’m starting to waver on Mariota. 

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Season stats are awful. LaFleur and both line coaches gotta go. Beg Grimm to come back or see if Munchak is available.

Why have Jonnu not been getting targets? Did I miss an injury or is he only blocking these days?

The Titans were never going to win this game with Gabbert at the helm. One more off season, one more search after a decent back up. I want to say that he's at least not as bad as Cassel but they have to do better. Half a million cap hit to cut. Nothing guaranteed. Get a replacement, stat.

Jonnu been hurt a few weeks. Replaced by a guy from Harvard who’s not smart enough to get out of bounds with 3 minutes left and down 2 possessions. 

Vrabel refused LaFleur questions and said he hopes Pees is back as DC. Talked to Pees and need to talk more (had retired before Titans)

I missed Roger Lewis signing a futures contract. That's odd. A former starter with NYG, he could have done the tryout and get signed route and got way more $. As I mentioned here, he did real well in practices and was to be brought up a couple times but never was. He must genuinely believe he can jump up the depth chart next year

There is some disagreement on OHara. He is either loved or not. Apparently he ruffles feathers and a QB coach is supposed to roll with it. My opinion is the O stunk, that was warranted but....I've been told he is probably not the offensive coordinator.

The only one Vrabel and JRob love that's on staff is Steckel. He's a son of a former coach and been on the staff several years. Everyone loves him as a smart young guy. He doesn't have the experience, at all, to be an OC. There's an assumption that he will be more involved next year

Ohio State's Ryan Day was someone Vrabel wanted but didn't get last offseason. I would guess he tries again. He also has a fascination with Boston College so maybe there's an offensive guy there that he'd covet. I don't know them.

The "feel" is a Vrabel guy will be all that matters here

Best news so far this off season:

Packers to hire LaFleur as HC

Green Bay has found its new man.

The Packers are hiring Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur as their next head coach, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday.

LaFleur's ascension to the throne of cheese completes an astronomical rise in an incredibly short span of time. LaFleur just completed his first season as Titans OC under first-year head coach Mike Vrabel.

With much of the NFL now aiming to head in the new-wave direction of the Rams and Chiefs, this hire makes sense. LaFleur spent 2017 as Sean McVay's offensive coordinator in Los Angeles -- though he did not call plays -- and was quarterbacks coach in Atlanta from 2015 to 2016. His rise within the football world is also connected to the Shanahan family. LaFleur first struck up a relationship with Kyle Shanahan while they were together on the Houston Texans at the end of the last decade, and he joined them in Washington when Mike served as the head coach and football czar of the Redskins.

LaFleur's track record as a play-caller is just one season long, leaving him as somewhat of an unknown. Tennessee had an up-and-down season offensively, finding success and a groove for a portion of the campaign but too often being forced to deal with injuries to Marcus Mariota (which limited his passing ability) and inconsistencies up front. Tennessee's shutout loss to Baltimore -- which included 11 sacks surrendered -- was a perfect example of how a lack of cohesion between Mariota, his linemen and his receivers was holding Tennessee back. But their prime-time road win over Dallas and run-heavy romp over the Jaguarsprovided cause for encouragement.

Things seemed to be coming together for the Titans, especially on the ground as Derrick Henry racked up gaudy numbers in the final month of the season, but another injury to Mariota derailed their playoff hopes. LaFleur was forced to call an offense operated by Blaine Gabbert, and while he did so admirably, the Titans fell short in a winner-take-all Week 17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

His pairing with Aaron Rodgers is potentially delicious, if it looks anything like McVay's approach with Jared Goff. The presence of running back Aaron Jones under a coach who might actually use him more than four times a game is also exciting to consider.

LaFleur's background suggests this could be a hire we look back on as genius. But a lack of a demonstrated history running an offense also makes this decision a risk. Time will tell which ends up being true.

With LaFleur's hiring, Josh McDaniels is likely staying in New England. Green Bay was the lone known interview for McDaniels, per Rapoport.

LaFleur's hiring also improves the chances of defensive coordinator Mike Pettine remaining in that position, Rapoport added. Pettine, who's still under contract, was on LaFleur's list presented during his interview. The early expectation is that Pettine stays, though it won't be official until LaFleur makes the final call, per Rapoport.
:pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Now let's hope the Titans get an OC who understands about holes and pegs....

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope Vrabel and Pees (assuming he doesn't retire) are studing the heck out of yday IND-KC game, because KC held Luck to six points through almost half of 4th qtr.

Seems like a worthwhile endeavour to emulate...

I sincerely hope Vrabel and Pees (assuming he doesn't retire) are studing the heck out of yday IND-KC game, because KC held Luck to six points through almost half of 4th qtr.

Seems like a worthwhile endeavour to emulate...
good point 

Pees is returning

East Coast Bias said:
Still not a fan of this pick.
I don't understand why he doesn't play offense especially with all their speed guys gone.

I don't understand why he was a fantastic returner in college and looks awful in the NFL.

As a rookie, he seemed to have this rapport with Lebeau's staff. When he messed up, he'd look over and there was a back N forth. On the sideline, you could often see him getting coached up. There was a positivity to it.

Now, he looks like a kid getting grounded...all the time, every time I can see his face.

I do blame his development on him because it's been unusually obvious that he gets veteran help and coached all the time. It's still a failure by his coaches and there is an arrogance to it that I don't like. Like a teacher, a coach has to have several different ways to go at his players because everyone learns differently. It's been like Vrabel's staff has no adaptation and he hasn't grown a bit. 

He is probably the best athlete they've ever had and will ever have at CB. Everything feels like a darn shame right now

Users who are viewing this thread