What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Titans vs. Broncos*** (1 Viewer)

What happened to Javon?
Nothing I know of. He was out there, but they really didn't target him.They made a big deal of a play in the 2nd quarter where he came in and then immediately ran to the bench and sat down. He wasn't hurt, but apparently he went in on a 2nd team set and wasn't supposed to in the game.Nash is in the game still as the RB for Denver..

With the field being the way it is. I am wondering how much action the starters will see tonight.Walker was in the first drive but didn't get a chance at anything,.
CJ, did the TV announcers say anything or have they shown him? I missed the first 20 minutes of the game on 850KOA.com. I haven't heard them mention Javon.

Nash just had a big play negated by a WR holding call.

Cobb is in now and is running well.

Well......Devoe just killed himself for Denver. Two WR holding calls in 4 plays that negated really nice runs.

Nash is running well, but is down on the field right now with an injury as they go to commerical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nash walked off but it appears to be a left knee injury--lineman landed on his leg from the left.

Broncos have gone into a basic offense right now--since Shanny and Fisher are friends, they are not trying to run up the score.

They didn't even try to get that last 1st down.

Nash is running well, but is down on the field right now with an injury as they go to commerical.
That sucks for Nash, he was having a very solid game, and if I remember right, Cecil had him pegged to beat out Cobbs for a roster spot. Honestly, though, all of the Denver running backs have looked really solid against every Titans D that has been in out on the field.

Ten takes over at the Denver 20--it is Denver 35, Ten 3.

Young just had a terrible pass and got hit in his arm--which Young is trying to shake off.

White carries on 2nd down and gets 5.

3rd down--Young connects with Roby for a 1st down for 16 yards.

Nash walked off but it appears to be a left knee injury--lineman landed on his leg from the left.

Broncos have gone into a basic offense right now--since Shanny and Fisher are friends, they are not trying to run up the score.

:lmao: Boy...I am grateful for that!!! :D ;)

That not what I saw. They were certainly trying - they even had a holding penalty.

That not what I saw. They were certainly trying - they even had a holding penalty.
Wow...I do like this version better! :)

Vince Young goes back to pass and scrambles to the one yard line and absolutely gets killed and fumbles....the ball falls into the endzone and he then dives and gets the recovery for the TD,

Broken play - nice scramble by Young. Took a hard hit - may be down - fumbled, recovered for a TD. Being reviewed, will probably be down at the 1 or 2.

Van Pelt in the game.

I really feel bad for him. He was sort of the future for the Broncos and now he is struggling to make the team with them drafting Cutler.

He gets stuck with the 3rd team and doesn't get a chance to show what he can do.

Cobbs gets a nice 1st down run negated by a holding call but comes back with an amazing run for 15 yards on the next play.

Watts (WR) is in the game but hasn't caught a pass.

Nash is reported as healthy and ready to get back in the action at RB.

Cobbs another big run for 1st down--

LOL...I'll take the 6 anyway possible at this point! Go Vince!!! :lmao:
Very expensive 6. He really got popped.
That builds character... :D ;)
Yeah -a few more hits like that and it will build comic book character: "I'm Batman!"
:D Does that mean he will get a Utility Belt?If so, we may have a better year ahead of us than I envisioned! :banned: I hear you though...he needs to minimize his risks in the NFL relative to what he could get away with in college. Good point. ;)

Broncos run the ball into the middle with Nash on 3rd and 4 and don't

get the 1st down. They are just attempting to kill the clock but yet Ten calls timeout despite being down by 1000 points in a preseason game.

Ernster has a nice punt on 4th down and pins them deep.

Looks like the Titans "defense" is going to be paper mache this year. Might want to look into starting the RB up against them each week... ;)

Young has a horrible throw INT - negated by a penalty on Denver.
Outside of that, from looking at the stat line from NFL.com, he seems to be leading a nice drive. Anything else stand out?
No, Denver has been playing 3rd-4th string guys and just playing prevent. He has some nice touch on his passes, but their drive just stalled on 4th down on the 8 yard line of Denver.

Also, thank you all who have been watching the game and have provided good information. This is what makes FBG so awesome!

To you all, I raise my glass in a toast! :banned:

Game is being re-aired on NFL Network now

Maybe thread title change so folks know and can watch?

I just got home from the game. My :2cents: is this:

Mike Bell will be the starter at least for week one. I'm not sure if it was the wet field or some other influence, but Mike looked significantly better than Tatum tonight. Mike seems to have better instincts when it comes to taking hits compared to Tatum. This translates into getting his pads lower, moving the pile and gaining yards. Tatum seems to be very easy to knock off balance, making him a one-hit-wonder of sorts. If he can break free, he's much better than Mike given his speed, but Mike appears to be the better back when it comes to fitting the Broncos system. Mike has the natural instinct and vision that allows him to make one cut and get upfield.

I wouldn't be shocked if Mike Bell finished around 10-12 in RB scoring this season. Before you call me crazy, I believe that Mike Anderson finished 10th last year using FBG's standard scoring splitting time with T Bell. Mike Bell could easily see 225-250 carries, 1100 yards and double digit TD's in this offense.

I just got home from the game. My :2cents: is this:Mike Bell will be the starter at least for week one. I'm not sure if it was the wet field or some other influence, but Mike looked significantly better than Tatum tonight. Mike seems to have better instincts when it comes to taking hits compared to Tatum. This translates into getting his pads lower, moving the pile and gaining yards. Tatum seems to be very easy to knock off balance, making him a one-hit-wonder of sorts. If he can break free, he's much better than Mike given his speed, but Mike appears to be the better back when it comes to fitting the Broncos system. Mike has the natural instinct and vision that allows him to make one cut and get upfield. I wouldn't be shocked if Mike Bell finished around 10-12 in RB scoring this season. Before you call me crazy, I believe that Mike Anderson finished 10th last year using FBG's standard scoring splitting time with T Bell. Mike Bell could easily see 225-250 carries, 1100 yards and double digit TD's in this offense.
Thanks for the "live eye" input PRS Guy. As a Mike Bell owner, I like to hear this. I just wish my Titans would have fared a little better.

Okay, my final thoughts.

QB

Plummer---the roll outs just makes him deadly. His passes were dead on. He might have his best year yet.

Cutler--what can I say, the future of Denver is bright. He has an amazing touch on the ball and a great arm.

Grab him in dynasty drafts as early as you can. I just hope there is no premature push to put Cutler in if Jake has a bad game

RB

Mike Bell looked good. Now I am a lifelong Bronco fan but I still am not sold on him. I need a couple more games to see him before I appoint him the future of the Bronco running game. I really pity you early drafters. To his complete credit, it was a wet field and he had no fumbles. He cuts back and hits the lane like T.Davis.

Tatum Bell is in the doghouse for some reason. On 3rd and 2 he gets a pitch and not a run up the middle, which he might be able to convert. It was odd tonight. Mike Bell just seemed to get the 1A offensive plays and Tatum got the 1B plays. There is something at odds here--maybe it is a personality issue, but Tatum works hard and runs fast, but there is something that Shanny doesn't like, I think Tatum is a racehorse and Shanny wants a workhorse.

Nash and Cobbs ran hard but the score was so far out of hand, it is hard to evaluate what is real with their inflated yards.

WR

Rod Smith--right on pace with Jake with 3 great catches with one of them possibly a TD at the 1 yard line that Shanny would have challenged in the regular season.

Walker was in the game but just was out there (IMO) to get used to the formations and game speed. They were not going to chance him getting hurt on a field like that.

Kircus impressed again tonight with that one catch--it is odd seeing him wearing old Ed's number, but he has hands like him.

Devoe had the big catch, but 2 really costly holding penalties that killed two big runs.

Watts was out there and didn't get a look.

Marshall was out tonight and will return next week

TE

Scheffler is the guy to grab--he has his rookie mistakes, but if you are in a TE league, I am putting him in the top 10 with the way Denver uses the TE.

Def

Denver's defense looked great--but I am tempering this because of the field conditions. At least one or two of the early sacks were caused by slips by the QB/Rb picking up the blitz. But Lynch and Bailey didn't play tonight too.

I will let the Ten guys comment more on their team, but....

QB

Volek was okay--nothing special. He is going to struggle if he doesn't get more time in the pocket.

Young has potential and that (again IMO) is it. I think they will regret this pick

RB

Brown has something wrong with him. Maybe it is conditioning or maybe an undisclosed injury. He is way too upright and, on some plays, looks way slow.

White showed promise, but with that, came some rookie mistakes that did kill his overall score. He ran hard though. He is a work in progress and showed alot of potential--I am pulling for him since I am a CU fan.

WR

Wade was the best of the crew. He showed nice hands and some nice YAC.

The rest of the WR did nothing else to stand out.

Def

Terrible---they played the 1st stingers the entire 1st half and they gave up points to Denver's 1st and 2nd stringers and some of the team's waterboys. They were terrible.

What happened to Javon?
Nothing I know of. He was out there, but they really didn't target him.They made a big deal of a play in the 2nd quarter where he came in and then immediately ran to the bench and sat down. He wasn't hurt, but apparently he went in on a 2nd team set and wasn't supposed to in the game.Nash is in the game still as the RB for Denver..
Watching the replay on NFL Network. They are talking about him now, but I noticed him just a bit earlier. He was blocking for another run. Good to see him out there, but wish the field was dry so they could test his knee a bit. Wonder where he really is...

I just got home from the game. My :2cents: is this:Mike Bell will be the starter at least for week one. I'm not sure if it was the wet field or some other influence, but Mike looked significantly better than Tatum tonight. Mike seems to have better instincts when it comes to taking hits compared to Tatum. This translates into getting his pads lower, moving the pile and gaining yards. Tatum seems to be very easy to knock off balance, making him a one-hit-wonder of sorts. If he can break free, he's much better than Mike given his speed, but Mike appears to be the better back when it comes to fitting the Broncos system. Mike has the natural instinct and vision that allows him to make one cut and get upfield. I wouldn't be shocked if Mike Bell finished around 10-12 in RB scoring this season. Before you call me crazy, I believe that Mike Anderson finished 10th last year using FBG's standard scoring splitting time with T Bell. Mike Bell could easily see 225-250 carries, 1100 yards and double digit TD's in this offense.
Thanks man...Wouldn't surpise me, Mike Bell was impressive at Arizona behind one of the worst run-blocking lines in the country, and Tautm Bell, while putting up better stats, had a pretty damn good QB-WR (Josh Fields-future MLB 3B- and Rashaun Woods) combination at OSU that kept defenses off of him.

How did white look running the ball? And Henry? Sounds like CBrown won't be a hard starter to unseat from the descriptions of his condition.

Users who are viewing this thread