What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2023 NFL Preseason Game Observations Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I'm surprised that both MIA and JAX are expected to play their starter including Tua and Lawrence for multiple series in the first half tomorrow.

Kinlaw with a nice push to help Fred Warner ger a sack.

Been waiting for that from Kinlaw. Hope he keeps it up.

32BeatWriters
“The 49ers running backs room is loaded. Not only are Christian McCaffrey and Elijah Mitchell atop the depth chart, but Jordan Mason and Tyrion Davis-Price were both excellent in Friday’s preseason finale. Their presence gives San Francisco a ton of insulation from injury at the position. Mason ran it nine times for 59 yards and ran a nice route to get open for a 13-yard catch from QB Brock Purdy. Davis-Price contributed 61 yards on 10 carries and caught two passes for 16 yards.”

Watson looks really bad. I don't think I want any browns shares in redraft this year. I like Chubb but if the QB is killing drives all game idk how many opportunities he will get.

I will say he did look better on his next few drives but I still don't like most browns players at their adp outside of Chubb.

Rashee Rice just dropped a walk-in TD. He's been pretty unimpressive all preseason in my eyes, I think his rookie year might not be very different than Skyy Moore's was.

Watson looks really bad. I don't think I want any browns shares in redraft this year. I like Chubb but if the QB is killing drives all game idk how many opportunities he will get.
I think Watson's throws have looked good, as have his legs, but yeah, the confidence/processing still seems off. I'm not too worried though.

I think Watson's throws have looked good, as have his legs, but yeah, the confidence/processing still seems off. I'm not too worried though.
Processing should be the last thing that comes back for a QB when you've been away from the game for a year. You can get your legs/arm strength and ability to retain plays (memory) back in practice. But you need game reps to get that mental speed to survey the field and make a decision.

Watson looked good. Throwing twice to Elijah, the last one a little low when he was well covered. Nice TD throw to Njoku in the corner of the end zone, found Cooper open for a long pass. Nice seam pass to DPH. Good scrambling. Processing ... hard to judge, maybe guys were covered. I expect a good year.

BTW, the fumbles on hadoffs didn't look like they were Watson's fault.

Jets defense looking dominant again. Two three-and-outs and a few pressures and a sack. But it's the Giants second team and you wonder if the starting defense even needs to there. Why risk injury on that turf? Forget it. You're dominant. If you're in game shape, then sit and rest.

Tua to Tyreek for 32. Then a high snap, 3rd in 2 games, loses 20 yards. Center Connor Williams wants a contract extension...

Andrei Iosivas (Yo-shee-vas) with a touchdown catch for Cincinnati. The Princeton heptathlete looks to make the team. 3-35-1 so far today. Drawing targets in preseason like a champ. Two games of ten targets apiece plus this one. He won't sniff the starting squad, but if Higgins leaves, he might replace him as a deep threat with his athleticism (in a perfect world for Iosivas shareholders, that is). He's the Ivy League record holder in the heptathlon and runs about a 4.43 at 6'3", 205. Agility and burst scores are also off the charts. 80th percentile and 88th percentile, respectively. Huge catch radius.

Guy to watch and add in deep dynasty leagues. I did before preseason. Loving it so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread