What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

To those who cannot stand Michael Irvin (1 Viewer)

The Hit Man TKO

Footballguy
PLANO, Texas (AP) -- Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after police searched his vehicle during a traffic stop, Plano police said Sunday.

Irvin, a semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving after being pulled over Friday afternoon for speeding in Plano, the Plano Police Department said. Police spokesman Mike Johnson said he didn't know what kind of paraphernalia was found.

Irvin paid a fine on the speeding ticket and posted bond on the drug paraphernalia possession charge. He was released about an hour after he was pulled over.

Irvin, a member of three Super Bowl championship teams with the Cowboys, retired in July 2000 and works as a studio analyst for ESPN.

An ESPN spokesman had no immediate comment.

In 1996, Irvin pleaded no contest to felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years of deferred probation, a $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor marijuana possession charges.

Irvin holds Cowboys records for catches (750), receiving yards (11,904) and 100-yard games (47), including a team-record seven in a row in 1991.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-i...ov=ap&type=lgns

Any chance we don't see him again with Mike Ditka? I can't stand him.

:clap: As an Eagles fan... good. Shows the character of an ##### like this. Once a druggy, always a druggy. Its a damn shame too... once a role model, now an idiot.

:clap:

As an Eagles fan... good. Shows the character of an ##### like this. Once a druggy, always a druggy. Its a damn shame too... once a role model, now an idiot.
That statement is downright ridiculous. That's all I'll say about that. Why don't we go ahead and kick him while he's down. It is a shame though. I hate to see anyone put themselves through stuff like this, especially with the great job he had. I hope he gets his life straightened out.

:clap: It is a shame though. I hate to see anyone put themselves through stuff like this, especially with the great job he had. I hope he gets his life straightened out.
what if it was just a pot pipe? if he can keep it under control, why does he need to "straighten" out his life?

:clap: It is a shame though. I hate to see anyone put themselves through stuff like this, especially with the great job he had. I hope he gets his life straightened out.
what if it was just a pot pipe? if he can keep it under control, why does he need to "straighten" out his life?
Doesn't matter what type of drug it was. It's illegal and you can go to jail for it. Personally, I'd say it's not a good idea for anyone to get involved with it.

As an Eagles fan... good. Shows the character of an ##### like this. Once a druggy, always a druggy. Its a damn shame too... once a role model, now an idiot.
I had a nice rebuttal for this all typed up but was in fear of a banning. All I can say is wow, what an ### you are to celebrate someone else's problems. I really don't care for Irvin as well but would hate to think that I would take satisfaction in someone's misfortune like you are. You say once a druggy always a druggy, I say once an ### always an ###. Good luck with that Karma.

I had a nice rebuttal for this all typed up but was in fear of a banning. All I can say is wow, what an ### you are to celebrate someone else's problems. I really don't care for Irvin as well but would hate to think that I would take satisfaction in someone's misfortune like you are. You say once a druggy always a druggy, I say once an ### always an ###. Good luck with that Karma.
My Karma is GREAT... as long as I stay drug-free thank you very much!

You keep right on thinking that... :rolleyes:

as a cowboys fan you are a moron and your team will always suck.hth

Why all the love for Irvin? He is a prominent figure in football that has been in trouble for drugs not just one time, but before. He is not a role model, he is a bad person. I could care less what happens to him but if you wanna talk about Karma, it looks like Karma hit Irvin, not me. I always thought this way about Irvin. I'm done with this topic... I will just leave with this. :thumbup: for the police officer serving the community who busted the IDIOT michael irvin!

Typical Iggle fan.You probably were cheering when he had his career-ending injury at the Vet, huh?

He's an Eagles fan, what did you expect?

He's horrible as an analyst, and even worse to listen to. I don't wish anything bad on him, but hopefully this will be The E's opportunity to show him the door.

I'm a pot smoker. That said, getting caught with paraphenalia is not "misfortune" it is a choice

Insulting people and showing lack of compassion for someone's addiction is good for your karma? :confused:

as a cowboys fan you are a moron and your team will always suck.hth
now that was a great comeback. your team will always suck? What are we 10? who gives a rats a** about michael irvin. It's not like he has always been a stand-up guy off the field. He does ILLEGAL DRUGS, it's not like he is dying of cancer. No sympathy from me. Hope he gets his ### fired.

I'm a pot smoker. That said, getting caught with paraphenalia is not "misfortune" it is a choice
agreed, and because of michael irvin's choice he should be fired the second espn confirms the information presented in the article to be accurate

Is Sportscenter making a big deal about the 'arrest of a big name former NFL star', or are they simply giving us a quick 5 second "FYI"????

Is Sportscenter making a big deal about the 'arrest of a big name former NFL star', or are they simply giving us a quick 5 second "FYI"????
I would say it's a case of ESPN eating its own, sadly.I personally hope MI gets his life straightened out.

As an Eagles fan I did not cheer when Irvin's career ended at the Vet, but I never cared for the guy as a player (beat the Eagles too much) and he has shown to be a repeat drug offender. Worse yet is the fact that he is the worst commentator on ESPN to listen to and I really think from listening to the dribble that falls out of his mouth that he is stupid. ESPN should fire him immediately and if he's lucky maybe he can reel TO into joining him for a few hits from the bong the way he reeled him in during the interview that finally got TO canned. It seems like they both will have a little free time.

As an Eagles fan I did not cheer when Irvin's career ended at the Vet, but I never cared for the guy as a player (beat the Eagles too much) and he has shown to be a repeat drug offender. Worse yet is the fact that he is the worst commentator on ESPN to listen to and I really think from listening to the dribble that falls out of his mouth that he is stupid. ESPN should fire him immediately and if he's lucky maybe he can reel TO into joining him for a few hits from the bong the way he reeled him in during the interview that finally got TO canned. It seems like they both will have a little free time.
:goodposting:

As an Eagles fan I did not cheer when Irvin's career ended at the Vet, but I never cared for the guy as a player (beat the Eagles too much) and he has shown to be a repeat drug offender.  Worse yet is the fact that he is the worst commentator on ESPN to listen to and I really think from listening to the dribble that falls out of his mouth that he is stupid.  ESPN should fire him immediately and if he's lucky maybe he can reel TO into joining him for a few hits from the bong the way he reeled him in during the interview that finally got TO canned.  It seems like they both will have a little free time.
:goodposting:
LOL at all the Eagle fans hating on Irvin.

Users who are viewing this thread