What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 12 selections in startup dynasty league (1 Viewer)

If there is absolutely no time limit and pressure, I can make that happen.

Should the no time limit immediately turn into a flurry of emails and or pms within minutes of the draft starting that see happy messages like you are on the clock you slow (blank) fly back and forth, if a pick is not made within a minute's time span, I might prefer to wait. I am buried this week.

Conversely, if folks are really going to be as casual as suggested, then I am good.

Should the no time limit immediately turn into a flurry of emails and or pms within minutes of the draft starting that see happy messages like you are on the clock you slow (blank) fly back and forth, if a pick is not made within a minute's time span, I might prefer to wait. I am buried this week.

Conversely, if folks are really going to be as casual as suggested, then I am good.
doubt that happens. look who we are talking about .....

Should the no time limit immediately turn into a flurry of emails and or pms within minutes of the draft starting that see happy messages like you are on the clock you slow (blank)  fly back and forth, if a pick is not made within a minute's time span, I might prefer to wait.  I am buried this week. 

Peens promised to go along with it ;)

Here is my top - 12

1) Larry Johnson

2) LT2

3) Shaun Alexander

4) Clinton Portis

5) Carnell Williams

6) Ronnie Brown

7) Steven Jackson

8) Peyton Manning

9) Willis McGahee

10) Reggie Bush

11) LaMont Jordan

12) Rudi Johnson

I am not in favor of starting this draft prior to the NFL draft. If everyone agrees and it gets to me, I will not be making my pick till at least after the first day of the NFL draft is over. Sorry, I just like to have all the facts before I make my first selection....

I am not in favor of starting this draft prior to the NFL draft. If everyone agrees and it gets to me, I will not be making my pick till at least after the first day of the NFL draft is over. Sorry, I just like to have all the facts before I make my first selection....
I'm fine with that. When do you pick? ;) You would think the NFL draft wouldn't have any bearing on our draft for the first couple of rounds. The only rookie that should be picked within the first couple of rounds is Reggie Bush.

I think the hold up will be my pick 1.03 (Which I traded). My check will probably arrive Wednesday at the latest.

I'm fine with that. When do you pick? ;) You would think the NFL draft wouldn't have any bearing on our draft for the first couple of rounds. The only rookie that should be picked within the first couple of rounds is Reggie Bush.
I don't necessarily believe that.

9. Rudi Johnson

Anybody drafting Reggie Bush in the first round of an initial dynasty draft is doing the the rest of his a league a favor. Mid-late second maybe. Still a big gamble. I would say he should be a 3rd rounder, but you are likely right.

Somebody will grab him late 1st. :thumbdown:
I doubt Rudi Johnson deserves top 12 in a league that rewards 1 PPR, but I hope that does happen. I have 1.12 and 2.01 :) . As far as Bush is concerned, I think it's the shark move to select him in the first round. Next year during this time, he may very well shoot up to the top 3 in redraft leagues ;)
Rudi finished as the #8 RB in my ppr league last yr

Should the no time limit immediately turn into a flurry of emails and or pms within minutes of the draft starting that see happy messages like you are on the clock you slow (blank)  fly back and forth, if a pick is not made within a minute's time span, I might prefer to wait.  I am buried this week. 

Noted.

wow... how did this league slip under my nose/??

have fun boys!

how many dynasties are too many ???

ollie? jeff ? don't we have a draft on monday too ?
I thought Family Matters pushed that back a week. At least thats my understanding.You are right. I'm about maxed out on Dynasty leagues, but I just can't say no to good competition.
You're right, it's been pushed back to 5/7 because of so many drafts happening at 1 time. That and we have some schedule issues with a couple of guys. Besides, this one will require your full attention. :D As for the Hyper league, I see no reason to wait if everyone is ready. If someone is not then wait. The only issue with Bush is likely to affect his old school rather than him. He's still getting his anyway. Hope Petty feels it was still worth it. :P

have fun boys!

I thought Family Matters pushed that back a week. At least thats my understanding.You are right. I'm about maxed out on Dynasty leagues, but I just can't say no to good competition.
You're right, it's been pushed back to 5/7 because of so many drafts happening at 1 time. That and we have some schedule issues with a couple of guys. Besides, this one will require your full attention. :D As for the Hyper league, I see no reason to wait if everyone is ready. If someone is not then wait. The only issue with Bush is likely to affect his old school rather than him. He's still getting his anyway. Hope Petty feels it was still worth it. :P
When did it get pushed back? This is the first I've heard of this. I'm fine with it but I didn't know anything about it...

have fun boys!

When did it get pushed back? This is the first I've heard of this. I'm fine with it but I didn't know anything about it...
alot of familiar faces here! looks like a great situation...GL to allwhen PAE refers to "it got pushed back a week", he is refering to The FIX FFL, started by FM...our draft was pushed back from 5/1 to 5/7

carry on!

Last edited by a moderator:
9. Rudi Johnson

Anybody drafting Reggie Bush in the first round of an initial dynasty draft is doing the the rest of his a league a favor. Mid-late second maybe. Still a big gamble. I would say he should be a 3rd rounder, but you are likely right.

Somebody will grab him late 1st. :thumbdown:
I doubt Rudi Johnson deserves top 12 in a league that rewards 1 PPR, but I hope that does happen. I have 1.12 and 2.01 :) . As far as Bush is concerned, I think it's the shark move to select him in the first round. Next year during this time, he may very well shoot up to the top 3 in redraft leagues ;)
Rudi finished as the #8 RB in my ppr league last yr
Rudi is in for a disappointing 2006, especially in a PPR league. The Bengals schedule is downright vicious this year, he's in a RBBC, and his QB may not be back by the beginning of the season. He's still a solid RB and worth drafting at the turn but there are a lot of questions about his his future in a dynasty.

I will apreciate the extra time as I try to trade down for 1.03. If you want it sped up, make me an offer I cannot refuse ....

And, lol at the other conference guys wanting to speed up the draft they are not in just to see how it goes. I guess some might need a crib sheet ....

I say most would go something like this -

1) Larry Johnson

2) LT2

3) Shaun Alexander

4) Clinton Portis

5) Carnell Williams

6) Reggie Bush

7) Stephen Jackson

8) Lamont Jordan

9) Ronnie Brown

10) Edgerrin James

11) Larry Fitzgerald

12) Chad Johnson
nice list, Chuckwhile I understand NightShift's relutence to take a guy like Bush that high, in 1PPR, he should be gold for along time....really depends on how you want to build your team

I took LJ in a startup dynasty last year @1.12, then RMoss @2.3, and was BLASTED for it (went 9-5 and made playoffs, BTW)

traded Moss to a guy that drafted older players, looking to "win now", for Wayne, Davenport and '06 rookies 1st and 2nd

so for my 1st 2 picks last year, I currently own:

Larry Johnson

Reggie Wayne

N Davenport

rookie 1.9

rookie2.9

:shrug: who knows what is going to happen---I took RWilliams 1.8 the year before in a start up dynasty and I'm looking at a last place squad for years to come w/that debacle

1) Larry Johnson

2) LT2

3) Shaun Alexander

4) Clinton Portis

5) Carnell Williams

6) Reggie Bush

7) Stephen Jackson

8) Lamont Jordan

9) Ronnie Brown

10) Edgerrin James

11) Larry Fitzgerald

12) Chad Johnson
nice list, Chuckwhile I understand NightShift's relutence to take a guy like Bush that high, in 1PPR, he should be gold for along time....really depends on how you want to build your team

I took LJ in a startup dynasty last year @1.12, then RMoss @2.3, and was BLASTED for it (went 9-5 and made playoffs, BTW)

traded Moss to a guy that drafted older players, looking to "win now", for Wayne, Davenport and '06 rookies 1st and 2nd

Larry Johnson

Reggie Wayne

N Davenport

rookie 1.9

rookie2.9

:shrug: who knows what is going to happen---I took RWilliams 1.8 the year before in a start up dynasty and I'm looking at a last place squad for years to come w/that debacle
Rickey in the first? :ptts: :whoosh: Hope you'll keep up this trend of solid drafting in HP III this Saturday. :pics:

HP III is a whole different ball game Iron. After the big 3 at least!

Will be interesting. It was a wonderful idea as a way to get away from the RB heavy drafts! (I think?) We will find out Saturday!

HP III is a whole different ball game Iron. After the big 3 at least!

Will be interesting. It was a wonderful idea as a way to get away from the RB heavy drafts! (I think?) We will find out Saturday!
Yup, once the big 3 are gone in HP3 its a whole new ballgame.And of course I've got the 1.04 pick.

I'm still trying to get my Board straightened out.

Looking forward.

1) Larry Johnson

2) LT2

3) Shaun Alexander

4) Clinton Portis

5) Carnell Williams

6) Reggie Bush

7) Stephen Jackson

8) Lamont Jordan

9) Ronnie Brown

10) Edgerrin James

11) Larry Fitzgerald

12) Chad Johnson

Larry Johnson

Reggie Wayne

N Davenport

rookie 1.9

rookie2.9

Rickey in the first? :ptts: :whoosh: Hope you'll keep up this trend of solid drafting in HP III this Saturday. :pics:
Ricky had just come off 2 straight years of great production in MIA....2200 combined/17 in '02

1725/10 in '03

THAT didn't warrant 1st round consideration?

keep in mind we drafted BEFORE the "retirement" announcement---or did you really think I took him 1.8 after said hiatus?

Reggie Bush at 1.3 is straight up stupid. Now I think Bush will be good, but there is no guarantee this guy isnt the next Ki-Jana Carter or Rashaan Salaam.

Reggie Bush at 1.3 is straight up special. Now I think Bush will be good, but there is no guarantee this guy isnt the next Ki-Jana Carter or Rashaan Salaam.
Quick explanation:1. I knew that I wanted a RB with this pick. It basically came down to Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis, and Reggie Bush. I quickly eliminated Alexander and narrowed it down to Bush and Portis. Although I like Portis and think he's a safe bet to be pretty productive for the next few years, I just felt that Bush had a significant edge due to his receiving skills. This pick isn't about "winning later" or youth or any of that crap. It was a simple talent evaluation. When I asked myself who the best remaining RB was, my answer was Reggie Bush.

2. This is a ppr league. It's tough to bank on TDs, but yards tend to be fairly steady. A pass-catching back like Bush appeals to me because he offers the ability to get 60-100 catches per season. You never know if the TD numbers are going to be there, but I feel confident that he's going to score plenty of points.

Obviously there's some risk involved with the pick, but that's the case with every player. Bush lacks the track record of success, but I view him as the kind of bulletproof prospect who will not fail unless he gets injured. I'm confident that he'll pay major dividends in the coming years.

1) Larry Johnson

2) LT2

3) Shaun Alexander

4) Clinton Portis

5) Carnell Williams

6) Reggie Bush

7) Stephen Jackson

8) Lamont Jordan

9) Ronnie Brown

10) Edgerrin James

11) Larry Fitzgerald

12) Chad Johnson

Larry Johnson

Reggie Wayne

N Davenport

rookie 1.9

rookie2.9

or did you really think I took him 1.8 after said hiatus?
Yes, that is what I thought you did. :bag:

Reggie Bush at 1.3 is straight up special. Now I think Bush will be good, but there is no guarantee this guy isnt the next Ki-Jana Carter or Rashaan Salaam.
Quick explanation:1. I knew that I wanted a RB with this pick. It basically came down to Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis, and Reggie Bush. I quickly eliminated Alexander and narrowed it down to Bush and Portis. Although I like Portis and think he's a safe bet to be pretty productive for the next few years, I just felt that Bush had a significant edge due to his receiving skills. This pick isn't about "winning later" or youth or any of that crap. It was a simple talent evaluation. When I asked myself who the best remaining RB was, my answer was Reggie Bush.

2. This is a ppr league. It's tough to bank on TDs, but yards tend to be fairly steady. A pass-catching back like Bush appeals to me because he offers the ability to get 60-100 catches per season. You never know if the TD numbers are going to be there, but I feel confident that he's going to score plenty of points.

Obviously there's some risk involved with the pick, but that's the case with every player. Bush lacks the track record of success, but I view him as the kind of bulletproof prospect who will not fail unless he gets injured. I'm confident that he'll pay major dividends in the coming years.
Wonder how far SA falls with the Madden Curse on his back... :popcorn:

Reggie Bush at 1.3 is straight up stupid. Now I think Bush will be good, but there is no guarantee this guy isnt the next Ki-Jana Carter or Rashaan Salaam.

If you thought Bush was the best player left I think you should have traded down, even take less than normal just to trade down and add a better 2nd round pick at the worst, JMO.

If you thought Bush was the best player left I think you should have traded down, even take less than normal just to trade down and add a better 2nd round pick at the worst, JMO.
Trading down to get a guy one is not 100% will be there is like second guess an investment banker who didn't buy any Microsoft back in the early 80s.If he really thinks Bush is the man he wants, then he almost has to pull the trigger because there are no guarantees he will be there.

Likewise, the guy I want at 1.06 may be projected to slip a few spots to 1.09 or 1.10. But I'll be damned if I want to risk missing out on him.

And, lol at the other conference guys wanting to speed up the draft they are not in just to see how it goes. I guess some might need a crib sheet ....
When was this ever the case? I don't remember a post hinting at such a thing...

And, lol at the other conference guys wanting to speed up the draft they are not in just to see how it goes.  I guess some might need a crib sheet ....
When was this ever the case? I don't remember a post hinting at such a thing...
Ok. Which way did you vote in the poll to start the ACTIVE side? I suspect you, and the other HYPER guys voted the same.

I guess the team name was not a bluff. Hey, EBF, as someone that has been known to take the road less traveled from time to time in a FF draft, more power to you.

If he feels that strongly about the player, then take him. Every now and then the gut, instinct, juevos or the like take precedent over something like ADP, standard operating procedure and such.

I guess the team name was not a bluff. Hey, EBF, as someone that has been known to take the road less traveled from time to time in a FF draft, more power to you.

If he feels that strongly about the player, then take him. Every now and then the gut, instinct, juevos or the like take precedent over something like ADP, standard operating procedure and such.
I've definitely been burned by speculative picks in dynasty drafts before (William Green, Charles Rogers, Kevan Barlow). I've learned my lesson, but I still couldn't pass on the opportunity to add Bush to my squad in a PPR league. My track record with rookie RBs has been pretty good. In 2004, I would've taken Kevin Jones in the second round of an initial dynasty. In 2005, I would've taken Cadillac Williams in the second round of an initial dynasty. This year, I see Bush as the rookie RB who can't miss. I think he's a much better prospect than either Williams or Jones and I fully expect him to be a consensus first round dynasty pick for the forseeable future.

I guess the team name was not a bluff.  Hey, EBF, as someone that has been known to take the road less traveled from time to time in a FF draft, more power to you. 

If he feels that strongly about the player, then take him.  Every now and then the gut, instinct, juevos or the like take precedent over something like ADP, standard operating procedure and such.
I've definitely been burned by speculative picks in dynasty drafts before (William Green, Charles Rogers, Kevan Barlow). I've learned my lesson, but I still couldn't pass on the opportunity to add Bush to my squad in a PPR league. My track record with rookie RBs has been pretty good. In 2004, I would've taken Kevin Jones in the second round of an initial dynasty. In 2005, I would've taken Cadillac Williams in the second round of an initial dynasty. This year, I see Bush as the rookie RB who can't miss. I think he's a much better prospect than either Williams or Jones and I fully expect him to be a consensus first round dynasty pick for the forseeable future.
More power to you, I dont have the balls to do it. I pick 6th in one of my dynasties and I dont think I can pick him there, maybe in the 2nd round?

Here is my top - 12

1) Larry Johnson

2) LT2

3) Ronnie Brown

4) Shaun Alexander

5) Clinton Portis

6) Carnell Williams

7) Steven Jackson

8) Peyton Manning

9) Willis McGahee

10) Reggie Bush

11) LaMont Jordan

12) Rudi Johnson
:unsure: Had to update my list given the recent news.

I guess the team name was not a bluff.  Hey, EBF, as someone that has been known to take the road less traveled from time to time in a FF draft, more power to you. 

If he feels that strongly about the player, then take him.  Every now and then the gut, instinct, juevos or the like take precedent over something like ADP, standard operating procedure and such.
More power to you, I dont have the balls to do it. I pick 6th in one of my dynasties and I dont think I can pick him there, maybe in the 2nd round?
I want to stress that I wouldn't have made this pick if it hadn't been a PPR league. In this format, backs like Westbrook and Barber rule. I see Bush as a pumped up version of that type of player, so I really think he offers a big ceiling in this league. That was the main reason why I chose him over Portis. I expect Portis to outscore him by 2-4 ppg next season, but I think Bush is capable of outscoring Portis by 5-10 ppg in future seasons.

I want to stress that I wouldn't have made this pick if it hadn't been a PPR league. In this format, backs like Westbrook and Barber rule. I see Bush as a pumped up version of that type of player, so I really think he offers a big ceiling in this league. That was the main reason why I chose him over Portis. I expect Portis to outscore him by 2-4 ppg next season, but I think Bush is capable of outscoring Portis by 5-10 ppg in future seasons.
I play in PPR leagues also, I just cant see even if Bush catches 50-75 passes like LT that I could take him that high. Bush may very well be the next LT, my only thing is he could just as easily be the next Ki-Jana Carter, he still has never played a down in the NFL, and as good as he was in college, thats not the NFL. Good luck.

Risky pick over sure-thing Portis, but I also remember 1999 when I laughed at a guy for taking Edge #4 overall in a redraft. Turned out ok, especially in PPR.

Still looking for a strong offer for 1.03. This is your chance for one of: Larry Johnson, Shawn Alexander, Reggie Bush, or Clinton Portis.

Still looking for a strong offer for 1.03. This is your chance for one of: Larry Johnson, Shawn Alexander, Reggie Bush, or Clinton Portis.
Heck, the way this thing is going I could be looking to move back from 1.06.

I believe that some of the available ADP information might not easily fit up against the numbers that are going to come from these two drafts. The group is diverse and dynamic enough that some folks are going to take their guy and or guys a few slots early, if necessary, to lock them up for the immediate future.

Still looking for a strong offer for 1.03.  This is your chance for one of:  Larry Johnson, Shawn Alexander, Reggie Bush, or Clinton Portis.
Heck, the way this thing is going I could be looking to move back from 1.06.
My door is always open, for any trade for any of my picks.

Dammit, cant believed i missed out on this league...i was a reserve ####!!!!!!!

I love active hyper crunk leagues.....

I have a new dynasty starting up now as well but i read most of this league post on FBG so that would hav been fun....

Owell im in 4 dynastys now.....

WOuld probaly add another one if its like this league but owell....... have fun fellas

You know i have 12 owners and 2 reserve wanting to be in my new 12 team dynasty league but wanted a league similar to this one...

I was waiting for MFL to update the new 06 league before i opened my league but may give some serious thought to changing it to a two 12 team division league like this one. I will make a post in the dating game if anyone is interested.

I play in PPR leagues also, I just cant see even if Bush catches 50-75 passes like LT that I could take him that high. Bush may very well be the next LT, my only thing is he could just as easily be the next Ki-Jana Carter, he still has never played a down in the NFL, and as good as he was in college, thats not the NFL. Good luck.
Ki-Jana doesn't seem like a good comparison because he shredded his knee before he got a real chance to show us what he can do. Obviously there's heightened risk with a rookie, but Bush was essentially the same player last season as he will be this next season. I've watched a lot of RBs play over the past few years and he quite simply blows the doors off of all of them in terms of his combination of instincts, measurables, athletic ability, and football skills.

I'm really not as big of a risk taker as I used to be, but this was a unique situation of the perfect prospect having the perfect skill set for this scoring system. We'll see how it works out, but I'm happy to have #5 as a cornerstone.

Ki-Jana doesn't seem like a good comparison because he shredded his knee before he got a real chance to show us what he can do. Obviously there's heightened risk with a rookie, but Bush was essentially the same player last season as he will be this next season. I've watched a lot of RBs play over the past few years and he quite simply blows the doors off of all of them in terms of his combination of instincts, measurables, athletic ability, and football skills.

I'm really not as big of a risk taker as I used to be, but this was a unique situation of the perfect prospect having the perfect skill set for this scoring system. We'll see how it works out, but I'm happy to have #5 as a cornerstone.
Hey, and if it doesn't work out in year 1, there's always next year's first pick. ;)

Hey, and if it doesn't work out in year 1, there's always next year's first pick. ;)
That's true. I do like to build from the bottom up, but I plan on making my picks count.

Users who are viewing this thread