What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TOP GUN (1 Viewer)

Big risk you're taking here given the female fighter pilot in the trailer of the Top Gun movie.
Also worth noting that there have been females at Top Gun since I think 2004.  Not showing one in 2020 would be kind of dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spinning off from another thread

Realizing you're OLD: the San Diego Comic Con is an hour away and I'd look like somebody's grandpa if I showed up.

OLDER BUT NOT OLDER: Tom Cruise

OLD BY POP CULTURE STANDARDS: Com Truise.

What was his rank in the first one?
Lieutenant

It goes in order from lowest to highest:

Ensign -> LT Jr -> LT -> LT Cmd -> Cmd -> Captain -> Rear Admiral(lower)* -> Rear Admiral** -> Vice Admiral*** ->Admiral **** -> Fleet Admiral ***** -> Admiral of the Navy

(LT = Lieutenant and  cmd = Commander)

Spinning off from another thread

Realizing you're OLD: the San Diego Comic Con is an hour away and I'd look like somebody's grandpa if I showed up.

OLDER BUT NOT OLDER: Tom Cruise

OLD BY POP CULTURE STANDARDS: Com Truise.
Having run a restaurant/bar/nightclub in downtown SD for 15 years I can’t say I miss comic con.  Though the days of people insisting to order their meal in  Klingon was interesting....

Is Ed Harris playing the same character as James Tolkan or is he playing a different short, loud bald guy? 

Tolkan is still around (pushing ninety). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Having run a restaurant/bar/nightclub in downtown SD for 15 years I can’t say I miss comic con.  Though the days of people insisting to order their meal in  Klingon was interesting....
And probably why you don't miss it. That sounds like a ready-made offense for slapping. 

"Maverick, it's not your flying, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who's flying with you, but whose side are you on?"

Very much looking forward to the return of Iceman

Lieutenant

It goes in order from lowest to highest:

Ensign -> LT Jr -> LT -> LT Cmd -> Cmd -> Captain -> Rear Admiral(lower)* -> Rear Admiral** -> Vice Admiral*** ->Admiral **** -> Fleet Admiral ***** -> Admiral of the Navy

(LT = Lieutenant and  cmd = Commander)
The line about him still being a dinosaur and stuck at Captain and not making Admiral is pretty dumb if one has been in or even knows anything about the military.

but who cares? Shirtless volleyball!!! 

"Maverick, it's not your flying, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who's flying with you, but whose side are you on?"

Very much looking forward to the return of Iceman
I have a feeling that Kaczansky either became one of the Blue Angels or was shot down during Desert Storm, held hostage till the end of the war and never flew again. He's either going to be a politician or working at the Pentagon.

I think they showed female pilots in the trailer so I don't think your guess is anything outrageous.  
Yes but I think that if they need to have a new rival top pilot as a foil to Maverick again, this will be a female. It is fine with me if done well, but if shoehorned in, not so much.

I have a feeling that Kaczansky either became one of the Blue Angels or was shot down during Desert Storm, held hostage till the end of the war and never flew again. He's either going to be a politician or working at the Pentagon.
I think Maverick will see him after something happens resulting in him deciding to retire

Users who are viewing this thread