What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trivia question (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
This one is pretty obscure, and I don't even know why I think of these things.

Gus Frerotte was the starting QB in Miami last season. He wore #11.

You gotta figure that Culpepper, Miami's new starting QB, will also wear #11.

Has there ever been an instance in which the starting QB one season wore the

same jersey number as someone else who was the primary QB the year before?

:nerd:

I'm sure it's happened before. Just can't recall any of 'em right now.

Incidentally, neither of them can hold a candle to Crash Jensen!

:football:

From KFFL:

Dolphins | Culpepper to wear No. 8

Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:10:14 -0800

Kevin Lerner, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports new Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper will be switching his uniform number from the No. 11 he wore in Minnesota to No. 8. "I grew up wearing it in high school, grew up wearing it in college and I am going to switch back because everybody down here in Florida knows me as '8,' " Culpepper told ESPN. "It has good karma, so I am going to switch it back to '8'. Ride it out into the sunset with No. 8."

As far as the trivia question is concerned, I have no answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
From KFFL:

Kevin Lerner, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports new Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper will be switching his uniform number from the No. 11 he wore in Minnesota to No. 8. "I grew up wearing it in high school, grew up wearing it in college and I am going to switch back because everybody down here in Florida knows me as '8,' " Culpepper told ESPN. "It has good karma, so I am going to switch it back to '8'. Ride it out into the sunset with No. 8."

Good find.Hmmm, wonder why Culpepper didn't choose #8 right out of college.

I remember he started off wearing #12 before switching to #11.

The '99 team (his rookie year) had K Gary Anderson (#1), P Mitch Berger (#17), QB Randall Cunningham (#7) and QB Jeff George (#3)... I don't see why #8 wouldn't have been available. But then again, who really gives a ####. :banned:

From KFFL:

The '99 team (his rookie year) had K Gary Anderson (#1), P Mitch Berger (#17), QB Randall Cunningham (#7) and QB Jeff George (#3)... I don't see why #8 wouldn't have been available. But then again, who really gives a ####. :banned:
Maybe he chose 11 because he was pick 11 overall that year. link

From KFFL:

According to the article quoted in the KFFL blurb above, "Todd Bouman, who played for the Vikings from 1997-2002, was wearing No. 8 when Culpepper joined the team in 2000."But you're right, who give a ****. What we REALLY care about is whether Tony S. lives!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread