What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (1 Viewer)

The Dems didn't abuse their power by trying to bribe the Ukraine, leaving the Kurds to die, or trying to fight Iran and want to bomb cultural centers if they did do something. That was all Trump.
The faux drama and lies work better in other threads, not in here. Thanks. 

We think there will be celebratory pens handed out today?
That was about as good of a use of our tax dollars as this joke of an Impeachment. 

The only thing coming of this is the epic meltdowns and faux dramatics from the regulars in here that cling to any conspiracy that’s anti POTUS. 

The Dems didn't abuse their power by trying to bribe the Ukraine, leaving the Kurds to die, or trying to fight Iran and want to bomb cultural centers if they did do something. That was all Trump.
You are in the wrong thread.

Please take that negativity to the other 100 threads. Thanks!

There was no comment on the purpose of your post, just a request that you take it elsewhere.

Please be respectful as you would like your President to be.
What is disrespectful about trying to figure out why people support someone? That's how we learn. I'd like to know why people support and believe a man who has proven over and over to say untruths, and accuses anyone who doesn't support him of being liars and in some cases, traitors. All I get here is "get out." That's disrespectful. 

What is disrespectful about trying to figure out why people support someone? That's how we learn. I'd like to know why people support and believe a man who has proven over and over to say untruths, and accuses anyone who doesn't support him of being liars and in some cases, traitors. All I get here is "get out." That's disrespectful. 
Well its fine if you want to learn...Most people will say listening is the best way to learn.   So shhhhhhhh

I think the anti Trump threads here do a great job explaining the Trump supporters.  

Well its fine if you want to learn...Most people will say listening is the best way to learn.
I agree with this. The thread is valuable.

Kal, it's been a driving mystery to me as well, and my conclusion is it makes sense if you look at it as a shift of values. Mitt Romney was the Republican nominee just 8 years ago. He ran on character, on being pro-Constitution, on knowledge and experience in business, on innovation in government in health care, on his record of accomplishment. Now a few years later he is on an island in his own party voting for basically just simple truth in what is one of the most disgraceful episodes in American presidential history. But the reason for this is a shift in values. There have been political realignments, but this isn't really that, this is a realignment of values. 

I’m assuming when you say “you” you’re referring to the collective “you” not me personally.  Was never one of the Russia guys (only thing I thought that might come from it is Trump financial ties to some of the oligarchs) and certainly wasn’t an Avenatti guy (pretty sure I never even posted in that thread). 🤷‍♂️  But hey I’m just some “independent” what would I know.  
There is a massive difference between democrats and what Trump supporters refer to as 'independents.' They simply refuse to see it. 

Well its fine if you want to learn...Most people will say listening is the best way to learn.   So shhhhhhhh

I think the anti Trump threads here do a great job explaining the Trump supporters.  
If listening is the best way to learn, why do Trump supporters refuse to listen to opposing views?

I agree with this. The thread is valuable.

Kal, it's been a driving mystery to me as well, and my conclusion is it makes sense if you look at it as a shift of values. Mitt Romney was the Republican nominee just 8 years ago. He ran on character, on being pro-Constitution, on knowledge and experience in business, on innovation in government in health care, on his record of accomplishment. Now a few years later he is on an island in his own party voting for basically just simple truth in what is one of the most disgraceful episodes in American presidential history. But the reason for this is a shift in values. There have been political realignments, but this isn't really that, this is a realignment of values. 
Many of us have disdain for the weak campaign Mitt ran rather than the man himself. We want a candidate that will come out swinging when bias media slaps blatant falsehood labels on our candidate.

Mitt was too soft.   

Many of us have disdain for the weak campaign Mitt ran rather than the man himself. We want a candidate that will come out swinging when bias media slaps blatant falsehood labels on our candidate.

Mitt was too soft.   
Can I speak politely and respectfully? Trump stands for everything philosophically and ideologically that is the opposite of Romney. What you're talking about is an exchange of principle for power. And IMO the worst thing is justifying it by defending the man. I do think this thread is interesting, and I do like the posts that have zero involvement from Trump critics, because it does help me understand what is going on. 

- eta - Btw opposing "biased media" (aka free press) is now one of the top 3 driving values for Republicans/Trumpers, so that's evident right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
If listening is the best way to learn, why do Trump supporters refuse to listen to opposing views?
LOL, you have a whole sub forum of "opposing views" sans one or two threads and yet daily posters are in those select few threads trying to shove their POV down our throats.

There is only so much "listening" you can tolerate.

HTH

LOL, you have a whole sub forum of "opposing views" sans one or two threads and yet daily posters are in those select few threads trying to shove their POV down our throats.

There is only so much "listening" you can tolerate.

HTH
I've seen posters in this thread go to those threads and outright troll them, not even looking for a discussion, just taking a proverbial deuce in that thread. They don't even listen in those threads.

Then why do I get no verified facts in rebuttal? No links, no nothing. I'm just told to leave. I at least try to show my work, something that a simple Google search will turn up on page 1 or something.
There are hundreds of threads for you to do that.  Why do you want to come here.  You and your kind can have field days sharing links and information and going crazy over it.  What is the point of coming here?

There are hundreds of threads for you to do that.  Why do you want to come here.  You and your kind can have field days sharing links and information and going crazy over it.  What is the point of coming here?
To understand why people support Trump, mostly. I grew up a Republican, even went to Liberty(where I got a wife and a $70,000 wall decoration), but it is evident to me that whatever happened to the party that claims to be the party of Jesus, they definitely don't act like it now. I saw through Trump the moment he got nominated, but wanted to give him a chance to do the right thing(would have done the same for Hillary, but didn't like her either). Almost all of what he's done in office has only made the divide in this nation worse, and 4 more years of this may fracture this nation beyond repair. 

I'm trying to understand why people support a man who is looking out for only himself. He's not looking out for the country, and he's certainly not looking out for people who don't agree with him. I'd like to know why I should apparently support this man.

Because you’ve cried wolf about different manufactured crises every week almost for four years now. It’s a lame strategy that doesn’t deserve attention most would believe. 

They come here to throw a temper tantrum when a made up crisis doesn’t go their way and they know they probably won’t get in trouble for it. 

Because you’ve cried wolf about different manufactured crises every week almost for four years now. It’s a lame strategy that doesn’t deserve attention most would believe. 
I've been gone for most of that, actually. I came back here in September because I don't watch network news, and I wanted to see what people thought about the whole situation.

They come here to throw a temper tantrum when a made up crisis doesn’t go their way and they know they probably won’t get in trouble for it. 
Just think, if Trump gets re-elected you'll know what we just went through under Obama!

DEATH PANELS!!!

LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!

HE'S COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!

DIJON MUSTARD!!

To understand why people support Trump, mostly. I grew up a Republican, even went to Liberty(where I got a wife and a $70,000 wall decoration), but it is evident to me that whatever happened to the party that claims to be the party of Jesus, they definitely don't act like it now. I saw through Trump the moment he got nominated, but wanted to give him a chance to do the right thing(would have done the same for Hillary, but didn't like her either). Almost all of what he's done in office has only made the divide in this nation worse, and 4 more years of this may fracture this nation beyond repair. 

I'm trying to understand why people support a man who is looking out for only himself. He's not looking out for the country, and he's certainly not looking out for people who don't agree with him. I'd like to know why I should apparently support this man.
Ok here's the thing.   I am a republican, not a super Trump fan because he is embarrassing...but whatever. I like the republican platform in a lot of ways and I abhor liberals.

I couldn't care less why democrats are democrats or why liberals are liberals.  Why is that so important.  Embrace your beliefs and move on.

Do Jews sit there and try to understand why Buddhists believe what they believe?  No.  Just trust in yourself man.  

Just think, if Trump gets re-elected you'll know what we just went through under Obama!

DEATH PANELS!!!

LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!

HE'S COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!

DIJON MUSTARD!!
That’s hilarious, Obama was untouchable and handled with kid gloves but we’ll all shed a tear for you in here. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284033/americans-improved-mixed.aspx

As Trump enters his re-election year, Americans are more positive on eight key issues than they were just before he took office in January 2017.

Gallup records double-digit increases in public satisfaction with the nation's economy, security from terrorism, military strength and the state of race relations.

Satisfaction is also up by between six and nine points on crime, the position of blacks and other racial minorities, the distribution of income and wealth, and the opportunity for a person to get ahead through hard work.

Over the same period, Americans have grown slightly less satisfied on three issues: abortion (down 7 points), the level of immigration (-6) and the environment (-6).
Some good numbers from this poll.  

Can I speak politely and respectfully? Trump stands for everything philosophically and ideologically that is the opposite of Romney. What you're talking about is an exchange of principle for power. And IMO the worst thing is justifying it by defending the man. I do think this thread is interesting, and I do like the posts that have zero involvement from Trump critics, because it does help me understand what is going on. 
Trump’s style is debatable, but he gets results.  Results are the bottom line, not hurting the feelings of a relatively small but loud subset of the population.  

This is not a post of someone "trying to understand"

"The Dems didn't abuse their power by trying to bribe the Ukraine, leaving the Kurds to die, or trying to fight Iran and want to bomb cultural centers if they did do something. That was all Trump."

KD, Trump has said that Article I means the President can do anything he wants, and it gives him unbelievable powers.

I'm not criticizing you (here) for supporting that guy but yeah you support that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread