What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (6 Viewers)

No.  Fauci said that way before this exchange even happened.  That's what gave Peter the great idea to try and push his narrative.  Wait, you didn't even watch it, did you.
Fauci was answering questions cleaning up Trump's comments before and after the exchange with Peter. 

The biggest reason for the shortage was the first test developed by the CDC, back in January in SOP response, failed.  Trump probably said some things but I doubt that had any affect on the CDC's efforts. 
This is Robert Redfield, Trump's appointee to head the CDC.

Note this is the second Director CDC under Trump. The first Brenda Fitzgerald had to resign because she had investments in tobacco companies, which yaknow sorta conflicted with the CDC's mission.

Before Fitzgerald, Trump waited 7 months to even name a director after entering office, but he fired the prior director. So for 7 months the CDC was leaderless.

Anyway, here's Redfield (& Fitzgerald):

Redfield's early engagement with the AIDS epidemic in the US in the 1980s and 90s was controversial. As an Army major at Walter Reed Medical Institute, he designed policies for controlling the disease within the US military that involved placing infected personnel in quarantine and investigating their pasts to identify and track possible sexual partners. Soldiers were routinely discharged and left to die of AIDS, humiliated and jobless, often abandoned by their families.

In the 1980s Redfield worked closely with W. Shepherd Smith, Jr. and his Christian organization, Americans for a Sound AIDS/HIV Policy, or ASAP. The group maintained that AIDS was "God's judgment" against homosexuals, spread in an America weakened by single-parent households and loss of family values.

Redfield wrote the introduction to a 1990 book, "Christians in the Age of AIDS," co-written by Smith, in which he denounced distribution of sterile needles to drug users and condoms to sexually active adults, and described anti-discrimination programs as the efforts of "false prophets."

In the early 1990's, ASAP and Redfield also backed H.R. 2788, a House bill sponsored by deeply conservative Rep. William Dannemeyer (R-California). It would have subjected people with HIV to testing, loss of professional licenses and would have effectively quarantined them. (The bill died in Congress.) In the 2000s, Redfield was a top advocate for the so-called "ABCs of AIDS" in Africa, pressing to prevent HIV infection through sexual abstinence, monogamy and the use of condoms only as a last resort.

In 1992, Redfield, then a colonel, was part of a Walter Reed team backing an AIDS vaccine called VaxSyn, manufactured by a Connecticut company, MicroGeneSys. Redfield claimed that a small clinical trial had shown VaxSyn to protect the immune systems of infected soldiers, limiting the worst outcomes of AIDS.

Because this was a clear exaggeration, the Army investigated Redfield, eventually concluding he had made an innocent mistake. Redfield continued to strongly support VaxSyn, pushing Congress to fund a $20 million clinical trial on HIV-positive men. But VaxSyn never worked, and no fine-tuning in its biochemistry could have made a difference.

Independent scientists showed that the MicroGeneSys compound targeted a part of the HIV virus that mutates so frequently that infected individuals' bodies are filled with multiple forms, most of which VaxSyn could not affect.

The White House has had a hard time choosing, vetting and retaining top appointees. After 16 months in office the President has fired or accepted the resignations of 23 top officials, including Redfield's predecessors, Dr. Thomas Frieden and Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald. 

Six months later, Dr. Fitzgerald, then state health commissioner in Georgia, was appointed to lead the agency that protects Americans from epidemics, water contamination, cancer-causing compounds and hundreds of other health threats, at a salary of $197,000. Questions were immediately raised about her relationship with the Coca-Cola Corporation and their sponsorship, at her behest, of a Georgia anti-obesity campaign.

In September Fitzgerald made decisions in CDC's Atlanta headquarters involving $28.6 million worth of private contracts for electronic data-keeping relevant to opioid prescriptions. One of the companies receiving those grants was Greenway Health, in which Fitzgerald and her husband held stock worth $300,000. Senate queries led to a larger investigation and the discovery that she continued in December to hold stocks in pharmaceutical and medical management companies that posed clear conflict violations.

And on Jan. 30 she submitted her resignation, following a Politico disclosure that the Fitzgeralds owned tens of thousands of dollars' worth of tobacco stocks, some of which had been purchased after her CDC appointment.
- So it's interesting that you place blame on the CDC when maybe look who has been placing the leadership over it in such incompetent, corrupt hands.

Btw, there's nothing wrong with Messonnier - head of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases - but she clearly doesn't make decisions on requisitions, she's a medical expert, and yet she is never on the dais with Trump and she is not part of the official leadership team. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's interesting that you place blame on the CDC when maybe look who has been placing the leadership over it in such incompetent, corrupt hands.
He is repeatedly corrupting key government positions.

Today...

The Trump administration has hired Anna Seidman, formerly a longtime lawyer at the trophy hunting advocacy group Safari Club International, to lead the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s international affairs program.

:thumbdown:

He is repeatedly corrupting key government positions.

Today...

The Trump administration has hired Anna Seidman, formerly a longtime lawyer at the trophy hunting advocacy group Safari Club International, to lead the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s international affairs program.

:thumbdown:
you realize that people hunt responsibly right?

This is Robert Redfield, Trump's appointee to head the CDC.

Note this is the second Director CDC under Trump. The first Brenda Fitzgerald had to resign because she had investments in tobacco companies, which yaknow sorta conflicted with the CDC's mission.

Before Fitzgerald, Trump waited 7 months to even name a director after entering office, but he fired the prior director. So for 7 months the CDC was leaderless.

Anyway, here's Redfield (& Fitzgerald):

- So it's interesting that you place blame on the CDC when maybe look who has been placing the leadership over it in such incompetent, corrupt hands.

Btw, there's nothing wrong with Messonnier - head of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases - but she clearly doesn't make decisions on requisitions, she's a medical expert, and yet she is never on the dais with Trump and she is not part of the official leadership team. Weird.
Wow. Looks like you had a fun Friday night. 

From what I’ve read, Trump’s sons do not. 
Did you see that Inslee is NOT shuttering Washington or even King County yesterday?  He had some ground breaking ideas how to enforce social distancing tho. Told parents to keep kids from hanging out together by threatening to take their inheritance away. Yes ladies and gentlemen, that is how the leftist elite thinks the world works, getting your children to do something responsible by threatening to take away their fortunes.

The (Trump/Pompeo/Barr) Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.

That would be a suspension of all your American rights.  :missing:

The (Trump/Pompeo/Barr) Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.

That would be a suspension of all your American rights.  :missing:
Can finally “Lock her up.”

Hard to do with Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

I have family members in the high risk category, many people I love.  Friends too.  This isn't a game.  I know I will lose people I love and care about in the coming months due to the coronavirus.  I'd love for our leadership to take this seriously and protect the people.

Trump approval at 60% for how he's handling the virus!   BAM!
It’s Gallup so it’s probably 65% actually. Also just tied for highest approval rating of his Presidency-

President Trump’s job approval rating has jumped by 5 points in the latest Gallup survey, matching the high point of his presidency, as a majority of voters say they have a positive view of how the president has handled the coronavirus pandemic.

The new poll finds Trump’s job approval rating at 49 percent, up from 44 percent in the same survey earlier this month. The 49 percent job approval rating is the high mark for Trump since he came into office. He first hit that mark in late January, shortly before he was acquitted by the Senate in his impeachment trial.

It appears that Trump’s handling of the coronavirus response is behind the approval rating bump. Sixty percent of voters overall said they approve of the job Trump is doing to address the epidemic, including 94 percent of Republicans, 60 percent of independents and 27 percent of Democrats.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/489285-gallup-trump-job-approval-rating-matches-all-time-high

boots11234 said:
Trump approval at 60% for how he's handling the virus!   BAM!
Do you realize how many heads are going to explode from this? The echo chamber has pinned the deadly virus in him , the real world sees through it!?!?!?🤯

Do you realize how many heads are going to explode from this? The echo chamber has pinned the deadly virus in him , the real world sees through it!?!?!?🤯
It is what it is. Personally it never surprises me or disappoints me when the majority of the public disagrees with me about something. A common occurrence. 

That being said, I don’t think they’re paying enough attention. President Trump has made terrible decisions with regard to this crisis, and an unnecessary number of people are going to die as a result. It’s still not too late to save some of them; I hope that Trump does his best to earn those approval numbers. 

Trump isn't calling a Chinese Virus any longer, apparently finally recognizing the racial overtones and how offensive it is to many Asian Americans. 
Like everything I hope you are wrong. It started in China, it’s fair to point out as such.   People are way to easily offended. Calling it corona virus, covid19 or China virus are all fair IMO

This is from one of the links within:

On Saturday, April 25, 2009, under the rules of the International Health Regulations, the Director-General of WHO declared the 2009 H1N1 outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and recommended that countries intensify surveillance for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia. Also on April 25, 2009, New York City officials reported an investigation into a cluster of influenza-like illness in a high school, and CDC testing confirmed two cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza infection in Kansas, and another case in Ohio shortly after.

On April 26, 2009, the United States Government determined that a public health emergency existed nationwide; CDC’s Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) began releasing 25% of the supplies in the stockpile that could be used to protect and treat influenza. This included 11 million regimens of antiviral drugs, and personal protective equipment including over 39 million respiratory protection devices (masks and respirators), gowns, gloves and face shields, to states (allocations were based on each state’s population).
So that was H1N1. The US gov declared an emergency the next day. 

WHO declared its CV19 emergency on 1/31.

- When did Trump declare a national emergency?

(btw none of this changes Trump's completely wrongful statements last month).​

Yeah, well, most people forget what he said and did or are not aware of it. It's rally round the flag time, and I have no problem with that. In fact I'm flying my flag now. Working at home and doing ok.
This doesn’t make sense. Either he is doing a good job or he isn’t. Rallying around the flag is completely different. You can love this country and dislike trump. 

This doesn’t make sense. Either he is doing a good job or he isn’t. Rallying around the flag is completely different. You can love this country and dislike trump. 
It feels like it should almost be a requirement. If you love the country you should dislike Trump and the anti-democracy aura he surrounds himself with. You can see the envy on his face that Putin can make critical journalists disappear and he cannot.

In my experience, people with normal sensibilities aren’t offended by this term.  
I think like most things, “people with normal sensibilities” is highly subjective.  I’m not offended by the term for the record but do understand that the context or intent of how the term is used is important.  While the term itself can be fair innocuous (and many see it used in this context) it also can also be used as subtle jab or political positioning (which many view how it’s being used).  In the second context, which is a sensible reasonableness position (as is the first btw), it’s offensive.  So many “people with normal sensibilities” disagree with you, now many hyper sensitive easily triggered people don’t either but it doesn’t mean they are all lumped together.  

Users who are viewing this thread