What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (3 Viewers)

No he didn’t make any mention of that. He asked about donating to virus relief causes.   :lmao:
Huh. Perhaps. That’s not the way I read that since the discussion was around these relief checks. 

Could be useful for the poster I was talking to to respond. 

Are you his PR person or something? This is very odd :lol:  

Good talk!

So besides being very generous what is the thought behind non-Trump fans should donate these checks?
If you have bellyached and complained about how Trump is terrible, racist, misogynistic, etc. for the last 3.5 years, it seems natural you would not accept his stimulus.  I mean he’s not their President. Right?  Do some good with that money.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. Perhaps. That’s not the way I read that since the discussion was around these relief checks. 

Could be useful for the poster I was talking to to respond. 

Are you his PR person or something? This is very odd :lol:  
What’s odd is your obsession to continue to post in this thread. 

If you have bellyached and complained about how Trump is terrible, racist, misogynistic, etc. for the last 3.5 years, it seems natural you would not accept his stimulus.  I mean he’s not their President. Right?  Do some good with that money.  
I agree if you are in a good spot donating that check is a great idea.

Not his stimulus though, not his money. 

No he didn’t make any mention of that. He asked about donating to virus relief causes.   :lmao:

A good example of how it is easy to misconstrue posts. Thanks for clearing up @knowledge dropper

Genius how he put his name on the check. 
Not really.

The vast majority of people will never see the check - it will either be direct deposit, or a spouse will handle the deposit of an actual check.

For those that do see the check, the name Trump will reinforce one of two thought: 1) Trump supporters will think "Trump is sending us money!", and, 2) Non-Trump supporters will think, Trump made a real mess here.

Neither group will change their opinion of Trump based on seeing his name on a check.

So, unless Trump is really worried about losing his base support, all he did here was delay checks by several days for many people who needed the money yesterday.  Kind of the opposite of genius.

Not really.

The vast majority of people will never see the check - it will either be direct deposit, or a spouse will handle the deposit of an actual check.

For those that do see the check, the name Trump will reinforce one of two thought: 1) Trump supporters will think "Trump is sending us money!", and, 2) Non-Trump supporters will think, Trump made a real mess here.

Neither group will change their opinion of Trump based on seeing his name on a check.

So, unless Trump is really worried about losing his base support, all he did here was delay checks by several days for many people who needed the money yesterday.  Kind of the opposite of genius.
@GoBirds @knowledge dropper

So - how is this funny?

Do you take pleasure in Trump delaying money for people who need it?

Do you think Trump putting his name on the check is some sort of accomplishment?

Do you think anyone will change their mind about Trump, as a result of his putting his name on the check?

I am struggling to understand how putting his name on the check translates to doing something good here.  Enlighten me.

So - how is this funny?

Do you think Trump putting his name on the check is some sort of accomplishment?

Do you think anyone will change their mind about Trump, as a result of his putting his name on the check?

I am struggling to understand how putting his name on the check translates to doing something good here.  Enlighten me.
:shrug:    I find digs against the “base” preposterous.  

So - how is this funny?

Mostly I just find it funny that not only did you not leave the board like you said you would, but can’t even stay out of the Trump thread with your predictable takes. We get it, you whine and complain about everything Trump. We get it already. 

:shrug:    I find digs against the “base” preposterous.  
What was the dig against the base - pretty sure I said the base would appreciate the check, and credit Trump.  

The original comment that adding the Trump name to the check was "genius" - I don't think it moved the needle for anyone.  Most won't see the check, and those that do are unlikely to change their mind based on Trump's name.

So, I don't think it's "genius" - more so when it delays delivery of the actual checks.  The only way it is "genius" is if Trump is worried about the base - in which case, I think it will shore up his support.  But, I don't think Trump needs to worry about his base.

What was the dig against the base - pretty sure I said the base would appreciate the check, and credit Trump.  

The original comment that adding the Trump name to the check was "genius" - I don't think it moved the needle for anyone.  Most won't see the check, and those that do are unlikely to change their mind based on Trump's name.

So, I don't think it's "genius" - more so when it delays delivery of the actual checks.  The only way it is "genius" is if Trump is worried about the base - in which case, I think it will shore up his support.  But, I don't think Trump needs to worry about his base.
It takes an hour to add a few words to the memo line on the warrant generation file.   I highly doubt any delay caused was legit.  You like to use the word base.  Please define Trump’s base. 

Does Biden have to worry about his “base?”

So - how is this funny?

So far there is disagreement if it actually may cause delays.

So who in here is shocked that Nancy is upset about trump not funding WHO?
I'm guessing the guy who said this is not too, too happy about it.

"China is very professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control....we just sent some of our best people over there, World Health Organization and a lot of them are composed of our people. They're fantastic."

Donald Trump, on Fox, 2/10/20.

I'm guessing the guy who said this is not too, too happy about it.

"China is very professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control....we just sent some of our best people over there, World Health Organization and a lot of them are composed of our people. They're fantastic."

Donald Trump, on Fox, 2/10/20.
And then more info has emerged and he changed his viewpoint. Nothing wrong with that.

This check story simply isn’t true. 
:shrug:

The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump’s name printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, “President Donald J. Trump” will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president’s name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one.

Treasury officials disputed that the checks would be delayed.

Seems to be a difference of opinion - not something that "simply isn't true."

I suppose this is the funnier aspect:

Trump had privately suggested to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who oversees the IRS, that he allow the president to formally sign the checks, according to three administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

But the president is not an authorized signer for legal disbursements by the U.S. Treasury. It is standard practice for a civil servant to sign checks issued by the Treasury Department to ensure that government payments are nonpartisan.

The checks will instead bear Trump’s name in the memo line, below a line that reads, “Economic Impact Payment,” the administration officials said.

I suppose this is the funnier aspect:

Trump had privately suggested to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who oversees the IRS, that he allow the president to formally sign the checks, according to three administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

But the president is not an authorized signer for legal disbursements by the U.S. Treasury. It is standard practice for a civil servant to sign checks issued by the Treasury Department to ensure that government payments are nonpartisan.

The checks will instead bear Trump’s name in the memo line, below a line that reads, “Economic Impact Payment,” the administration officials said.
I'm actually quite impressed he signed his name to checks.  Usually he just declares bankruptcy.

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
:shrug:

The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump’s name printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, “President Donald J. Trump” will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president’s name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one.

Treasury officials disputed that the checks would be delayed.

Seems to be a difference of opinion - not something that "simply isn't true."
“Could slow their delivery” 

it did not, in fact, delay the delivery.  

Imagine the NYT doing this for the Trump campaign. Just unreal.

New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet said on Monday that the paper made a controversial change to its report on the sexual-assault allegation against presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden after his campaign complained about the wording.

In an interview with Times media columnist Ben Smith, Baquet said the Biden campaign took issue with some of the phrasing in the paper’s report on former Senate staffer Tara Reade’s allegation that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993.

“No other allegation about sexual assault surfaced in the course of reporting, nor did any former Biden staff members corroborate any details of Ms. Reade’s allegation,” the report read. “The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable.”

The Times subsequently deleted the second half of that sentence, eliminating the description of Biden’s conduct to which women have previously objected.

“I want to ask about some edits that were made after publication, the deletion of the second half of the sentence,” Smith asked Baquet. “Why did you do that?”
https://news.yahoo.com/html/ny-times-editor-says-biden-130416511.html

Users who are viewing this thread