What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (5 Viewers)

Trump will rebuild the economy quickly and better than ever. 
Curious, what type of economic background do you have and what do you base this comment on? 

After a lengthy economic expansion, such as the one that just ended, a smart leader would've been trying to reduce deficits, not increase them.

Instead, he was blowing the deficits out. It isn't too difficult to build something great in the short term with increasing deficits when you have zero vision for the long term.

You remember when he pitched the tax cut act to benefit billionaires and corporations? You remember when he repeatedly discussed the most unrealistic GDP growth projections which were going to pay for the tax cuts? I wasn't buying snake oil then, and I'm certainly not buying it now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He did, literally:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/3/13/21176535/trumps-worst-statements-coronavirus

3) “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear”

On February 28, Trump said that coronavirus will “disappear” like a “miracle” while speaking at a press conference for his coronavirus task force. On Tuesday, he told reporters on Capitol Hill that coronavirus “will go away.” In late February, he speculated that warm weather would kill the virus and stop its spread. None of these statements are backed by science or infectious disease experts within his own administration. (Though some diseases — like the seasonal flu — do diminish in warmer seasons, there is currently no evidence the novel coronavirus will behave this way.)
This was Trump, sitting next to now fired Diamond and Silk, who have just been canned by Fox for spreading rumors that the virus is a hoax.

They'll ask me and, you know, you do it too. I guess it's a natural political instinct. But when they say, "What kind of deal is it?" "Terrible. Terrible. Terrible." And people get it. With what we're talking about now with the virus, we can't do that. We have to do it differently. If we're doing a great job, we should congratulate these professionals that are the best in the world.

...And you know what? If we were doing a bad job, we should also be criticized. But we have done an incredible job. We're going to continue. It's going to disappear. One day -- it's like a miracle -- it will disappear. And from our shores, we -- you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away.

...They said I was a racist because I closed our country to people coming in from certain areas. They called me a racist. These people are really in trouble. I'll tell you what: They've got problems. And now they say, "Oh…" We have 15 people in this country that, right now -- and then we brought in 40 from -- these were Americans that were in trouble way outside, near Japan.

...And we brought them in and they were in quarantine and they're getting better. That was 40 or 42. We brought them in, which I felt we had to do. So they immediately said, "It jumped from 15 to an extra 40." Headline. And everyone -- no, we brought them in, Jack, because if we didn't, I mean, we're not going to let something happen.

...We had to do it. And I knew immediately that the press would add it and say this like it's catastrophic, it's ba- -- but we've done a great job. Those people are all doing well. They're doing very well. The 15 -- of the 15, most of them are doing very well. One is quite sick, frankly. Most of them are doing really well.

...And the 15 will soon be down to 3 or 4 because we take them off the list as they get better and they're recuperate. Like, if you had the flu, you recuperate. You get better. And they're recuperating. But we're -- think of it: We're at 15 people, and we would have been at many, many people had we not closed the border.

@33:40

Curious, what type of economic background do you have and what do you base this comment on? 

After a lengthy economic expansion, such as the one that just ended, a smart leader would've been trying to reduce deficits, not increase them.

Instead, he was blowing the deficits out. It isn't too difficult to build something great in the short term with increasing deficits when you have zero vision for the long term.

You remember when he pitched the tax cut act to benefit billionaires and corporations? You remember when he repeatedly discussed the most unrealistic GDP growth projections which were going to pay for the tax cuts? I wasn't buying snake oil then, and I'm certainly not buying it now. 
CPA 

The MAGA Plan is the only way out of this China Virus mess.  Bring manufacturing home.  

Bad advice from deep state Dr. Fauci.  Trump should have gone to the bullpen early on.  One fault I have with Trump is he is too loyal.  
Question: “Dr. Fauci, quickly, how does this all end?”

Fauci: “You know, it ends if you — it depends on the nature of the outbreak. I mean, this could be a major outbreak. I hope not. Or it could be something that’s reasonably well controlled. At the end of the day, this will ultimately go down. Hopefully we could protect the American public from any serious degree of morbidity or mortality. That’s the reason why we’ve got to do the things that we have in our plan.”
This was Feb. 29th, two days after Trump spoke above on Feb. 27th.

That is a long haul from what Trump said.

This was the CDC IRD Director for CDC two days before Trump:

“As we’ve seen from recent countries with community spread, when it has hit those countries, it has moved quite rapidly. We want to make sure the American public is prepared,” Nancy Messonnier, director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters.

“As more and more countries experience community spread, successful containment at our borders becomes harder and harder,” she said.

...“Disruption to everyday life might be severe,” Messonnier said, adding that she talked to her children about the issue Tuesday morning. “While I didn’t think they were at risk right now, we as a family ought to be preparing for significant disruption to our lives.”\

Subject: FW: Today's performance From your doctor admirer

From: Fauci, Anthony (NIH/NIAID) [E] [mailto:AFAUCI@niaid.nih.gov] Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:10 PM To: Mills, Cheryl D Subject: Today's performance Cheryl: Anyone who had any doubts about the Secretary's stamina and capability following her illness had those doubts washed away by today's performance before the Senate and the House. She faced extremely difficult circumstances at the Hearings and still she hit it right out of the park. Please tell her that we all love her and are very proud to know her.

Warm regards, Tony

Anthony S. Fauci, MD Director National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Building 31, Room 7A-03 31 Center Drive, MSC 2520

knowledge dropper said:
Bad advice from deep state Dr. Fauci.  Trump should have gone to the bullpen early on.  One fault I have with Trump is he is too loyal.  
Agree 100% with this. Trump didn’t want mass quarantine but crumbled against his instinct and listened to Dr Slouchy. Time to fire him and move on with opening country. This will go down as one of the biggest mistakes humanity has ever made when all the costs are added up. 

If you’re in Washington for any length of time ,never mind almost the 50yrs  Fauci has been there , they become swamp creatures.

Agree 100% with this. Trump didn’t want mass quarantine but crumbled against his instinct and listened to Dr Slouchy. Time to fire him and move on with opening country. This will go down as one of the biggest mistakes humanity has ever made when all the costs are added up. 
Amigo, KD is arguing above that Trump didn't take intervention and mitigation measures sooner because of Fauci.

And here you are saying that Trump overreacted and was too aggressive because of Fauci.

He spends 10 minutes everyday telling us how 2 million people would have died without states closing down.

It’s concerning YouTube removed that video of the two E.R. docs who dared to say we should lift the quarantine as the numbers don’t support it. There goes free speech 
The amount of censoring done by those on the Left is very troubling, from “news” sources, to big money tech like YouTube/Facebook, to chat rooms. Those doctors were much more knowledgeable on the subject than those trying to censor the message, very concerning. 

It’s concerning YouTube removed that video of the two E.R. docs who dared to say we should lift the quarantine as the numbers don’t support it. There goes free speech 
Don’t know much about the videos in question so I’m not speaking in any way to their accuracies or inaccuracies.  But what does it getting taken down have to do with free speech?  

Can you believe this?  Biden is actually telling us to have seks with money?  Also currency is dirty and filled with germs  How many people is he going to infect with the Chinese virus?   Hopefully, the Treasury Department clarifies this statement   This is not okay!!!!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/28/joe-biden-travel-bans-prevent-economic-intercourse-around-the-world/
Well if he beats Trump it's still gonna be another fun 4 years because Biden doesn't know who he is or what comes out of his mouth. 

We can worry about that later. The important thing is that Trump has to go. 
For the life of me I can't imagine how anyone can vote for him.  Destroyed economy, 100k dead americans, massive increase to the debt, unemployment through the roof, market's wrecked.  Not a single positive he can run on.  Well, there are a couple of miles of wall built that he had to steal from the military to build after Mexico laughed at him.

For the life of me I can't imagine how anyone can vote for him.  Destroyed economy, 100k dead americans, massive increase to the debt, unemployment through the roof, market's wrecked.  Not a single positive he can run on.  Well, there are a couple of miles of wall built that he had to steal from the military to build after Mexico laughed at him.
It’s 58,000 dead. They’ll troll you for being inaccurate. 

There's also the impeachment, abandoning the Kurds to let them get wrecked by Turkey, almost starting a war with Iran, losing a trade war with China, and all of that was in the past 8 months, and I'm not even including the awful response he had to Covid-19 in this. It feels like 5 years have passed since Christmas.

Beautiful moment at the White House today.  :thumbup:

President Trump and daughter Ivanka Trump hosted an event at the White House Tuesday inviting small business owners from across the country to discuss the impact of the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

Amy Wright, the owner of Bitty & Beau's Coffee Shops that currently employs 120 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, joined the president on stage to praise the "very accessible" financial aid allocated for small businesses shuttered by the coronavirus.

“We employ 120 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. For most of them, it is their first paying job, which made the decision for us to temporarily close all five of our shops especially difficult,” Wright said in the East Room of the White House.

“But, thanks to the Paycheck Protection Program and the incredible team, all 120 employees are back on the payroll today and working from home writing handwritten notes that we include with each online order we ship.”

Wright's employee Michael Heup accompanied her on stage, offering heartwarming words of encouragement to a country devastated by the pandemic.

"At Bitty & Beau’s, we use the phrase ‘not broken’ -- that means me and all my coworkers are not broken and we have lots to offer. I know that the great country of the United States isn't broken either," Heup said. "So on behalf of myself and all the employees, thank you."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ivanka-trump-north-carolina-coffee-shops-paycheck-protection-program

We can worry about that later. The important thing is that Trump has to go. 
Not surprised when the tables are turned you and the regulars are overlooking these awful assaults that Biden seems to have been responsible for in his past. These double standards are why there is zero credibility. 

Part of what makes it feel so outstanding is it follows a brutal 8 years before so while Trump doesn’t deserve all credit, he still deserves most of it. 
Yep, brutal 8 years of a massive reduction in unemployment, a couple of quarters of GDP > 4%, reducing debt, massive increase in the market, and tens of millions more provided health insurance, and a pandemic that killed less than 20k americans.

Yea, those times really sucked. 

Yep, brutal 8 years of a massive reduction in unemployment, a couple of quarters of GDP > 4%, reducing debt, massive increase in the market, and tens of millions more provided health insurance, and a pandemic that killed less than 20k americans.

Yea, those times really sucked
Totally agree on the bolded, slowest recovery out of recession by any POTUS in history. EVER. 

Yea, those times really sucked. 
Agreed on all of this besides reducing debt. The national debt increased under Obama. Then again, Trump supporters have zero room to complain about it since Trump has continued to add to the debt as well, despite having a great economy (one of his only accomplishments which has been completely wiped out by COVID).

Agreed on all of this besides reducing debt. The national debt increased under Obama. Then again, Trump supporters have zero room to complain about it since Trump has continued to add to it, despite having a great economy (one of his only accomplishments which has been completely wiped out by COVID).
Well, the rate of increase in Obama's last four years was peanuts compared to Trump's first three.

How many quarters has Trump exceeded 4% GDP?

Mr. Independent?
Will be interesting to watch how he does coming out of a recession, although this one is like no other with a deadly virus I’m confident he will surpass the brutal performance out of the last one. 

Will be interesting to watch how he does coming out of a recession, although this one is like no other with a deadly virus I’m confident he will surpass the brutal performance out of the last one. 
So terrible recovery from the last recession should have meant that Trump had a cakewalk to 4% GDP in his first four years.  The bar was set very low according to you.  Thoughts on why Trump is the only president in modern history never to have even a single quarter of 4% growth?

That's really embarrassing for a so called businessman, don't you think?  The community organizer crushed 4% like 3 times. 

So terrible recovery from the last recession should have meant that Trump had a cakewalk to 4% GDP in his first four years.  The bar was set very low according to you.  Thoughts on why Trump is the only president in modern history never to have even a single quarter of 4% growth?

That's really embarrassing for a so called businessman, don't you think?  The community organizer crushed 4% like 3 times. 
You are defending the slowest recovery out of recession EVER!?!? Please don’t waste our time in here with that. 

Take notes when we come out of this one, send them onto Barry. 

You are defending the slowest recovery out of recession EVER!?!? Please don’t waste our time in here with that. 

Take notes when we come out of this one, send them onto Barry. 
Well if that was slow, what do you call the last 3 years?

Pathetic?  Not a single freaking quarter over 4%.  Not one.  Explain please. 

Users who are viewing this thread