What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

This is excellent news, unless you’re a left wing sports writer who is actively rooting against the NFL and sports coming back. It was good to see somebody in sports call out people actively trying to destroy their own profession.  

Pete Prisco@PriscoCBS

Sometimes I think people in the media are rooting against an NFL season. I promise I am not one of them.

https://twitter.com/priscocbs/status/1259815626576666624?s=21
What sports writer has been actively rooting against the NFL and sports coming back? Who specifically are you referring to?

Last edited by a moderator:
What sports writer has been actively rooting against the NFL and sports coming back? Who specifically are you referring to?
I have yet to hear a single writer say this as well. Granted, plenty are preaching an abundance of caution, which is the best play here, considering the amount of contact between players, to say nothing of the germ factories that are stadiums, with the concessions, public restrooms, and seats in close proximity, but I haven't seen anyone say to just shut it down.

Might ask Prisco who, but I'm not sure if he will name names. I'm sure being inside the community, he has conversations with people that dont make it to print media. 

I wasn't outraged at the statement that there are left wing sports writers who are actively rooting against the NFL and sports coming back. In fact I found it rather ridiculous. 
But you're discounting Prisco's opinion on the matter because he isn't dropping names?

Peter King didn't question anything Fauci said in their interview and stated we should trust him.  If we followed Fauci's criteria, there wouldn't be an NFL season after the first positive test.  

But you're discounting Prisco's opinion on the matter because he isn't dropping names?
He's leaving it to unknown  people on Twitter and social media to name names. And the names I've seen mentioned on Twitter, such as Mike Freeman, don't make any sense. 

Pelosi is truly the gift that keeps on giving for her fat shaming of the President. These tweets today.  :lmao:

JT Lewis@thejtlewis

We live in a weird world now where Trump is fat and Stacey Abrams is a model.

https://twitter.com/thejtlewis/status/1262586250122461184?s=21

For those that missed is, Washington Post is now calling Stacey Abrams a super model. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine/2020/05/14/stacey-abrams-political-power/
That made me laugh hard. 

“Mask-police CNN reporter

@kaitlancollins

caught removing hers at presser, as soon as she thought cameras were off”

:lmao:  Hopefully if she is at any more press conferences, Trump destroys her.

Pelosi is truly the gift that keeps on giving for her fat shaming of the President. These tweets today.  :lmao:

JT Lewis@thejtlewis

We live in a weird world now where Trump is fat and Stacey Abrams is a model.

https://twitter.com/thejtlewis/status/1262586250122461184?s=21

For those that missed is, Washington Post is now calling Stacey Abrams a super model. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine/2020/05/14/stacey-abrams-political-power/
Trump could definitely be a plus-sized model as well.

Yes, let's cut funding to the WHO during the worst pandemic in over 100 years, what could be the harm in doing that? 
Oh I dunno..Punish them for being in bed with China and whitewashing the pandemic until it was way too late to do anything about it?  Not sitting around like a wimp and letting something like that go on without repercussions?  That maybe?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/19/national-guard-coronavirus-267514?fbclid=IwAR0kNYtq5vkkigr2PUQA9NhAoDS9Js8vZB8xFbfdgSbG8mFIGny6s0M_Sx4

More than 40,000 National Guard members currently helping states test residents for the coronavirus and trace the spread of infections will face a “hard stop” on their deployments on June 24 — just one day shy of many members becoming eligible for key federal benefits, according to a senior FEMA official.

The official outlined the Trump administration’s plans on an interagency call on May 12, an audio version of which was obtained by POLITICO. The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

:rant:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/19/national-guard-coronavirus-267514?fbclid=IwAR0kNYtq5vkkigr2PUQA9NhAoDS9Js8vZB8xFbfdgSbG8mFIGny6s0M_Sx4

More than 40,000 National Guard members currently helping states test residents for the coronavirus and trace the spread of infections will face a “hard stop” on their deployments on June 24 — just one day shy of many members becoming eligible for key federal benefits, according to a senior FEMA official.

The official outlined the Trump administration’s plans on an interagency call on May 12, an audio version of which was obtained by POLITICO. The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

Smart move by the President. I don’t want to have them qualify either.   Thank you father trump for saving the taxpayers money. This is what business men do.  

I really don’t understand the outrage here.

Huge nod to Desantis getting the NFL moving. His willingness to open Florida to sports was the nudge other governors needed.
DeSantis has been the best Governor during this crisis by far. I noticed right after he announced sports can come down to Florida Newsom and Cuomo suddenly started talking about opening and sports coming back. He’s like the anti Cuomo also, instead of knowingly putting Corona infected seniors back into nursing homes he has done the opposite.

Mike Florio, Peter King, anybody on 670 the Score talking about the NFL. Just about every MLB sports writer it seems as well. They don’t come out and say it obviously, but you can read between the lines.  No positivity and constant doom and gloom. MLB needs to watch it too, they just had the lowest attendance in 15 year. If they screw this up and don’t play this year they may never come back.

Is COVID19 going to do a hard stop? So there is no need for further help with testing? 

Mike Florio, Peter King, anybody on 670 the Score talking about the NFL. Just about every MLB sports writer it seems as well. They don’t come out and say it obviously, but you can read between the lines.  No positivity and constant doom and gloom. MLB needs to watch it too, they just had the lowest attendance in 15 year. If they screw this up and don’t play this year they may never come back.
Seems doomy and gloomy.

:rolleyes:   Sorry, but you can't come up with anything that Florio or King have said that anyone can spin as actively rooting against the NFL or against sports coming back. no matter how charitably you read between the lines

I seriously doubt Florio wants to go back to practicing law and King is among the highest paid NFL sportswriters. Not realistic that either would want to give up their meal ticket. 

Maybe but I doubt it. MLB has already purged fans once in our lifetime and almost ruined the game forever because of stupidity. They have even less fans in the stands now than back then. This isn’t some crazy stretch. 
Record revenues

"Gross revenues for the league were $10.7 billion for 2019, up from $10.3 billion last year, according to industry sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity. That marks the 17th consecutive year that MLB has seen record growth...Since 1992, when Bud Selig took over as commissioner on a full-time basis, league gross revenues have grown from $1.2 billion, an 386% increase when accounting for inflation."

:rolleyes:   Sorry, but you can't come up with anything that Florio or King have said that anyone can spin as actively rooting against the NFL and against sports coming back. no matter how charitably you read between the lines

I seriously doubt Florio wants to go back to practicing law and King is among the highest paid NFL sportswriters. Not realistic that either would want to give up their meal ticket. 
I don’t know what there goal is. It clearly isn’t to help bring the NFL back which is bizarre to me as well. I just linked a major guy in the NFL media who thinks as well, so it’s not just my opinion. 

I don’t know what there goal is. It clearly isn’t to help bring the NFL back which is bizarre to me as well. I just linked a major guy in the NFL media who thinks as well, so it’s not just my opinion. 
The exact words of Prisco was the vague statement "Sometimes I think people in the media..." which is hardly close to explicitly stating that he really thinks that. He qualified what he was saying and didn't name names or give examples because obviously he can't. 

And if it seems bizarre and doesn't make any sense, it is because it doesn't really make any sense that people who make their living from covering the NFL would be rooting against the NFL or would not want games coming back. C'mon. 

The exact words of Prisco was the vague statement "Sometimes I think people in the media..." which is hardly close to explicitly stating that he really thinks that. He qualified what he was saying and didn't name names or give examples because obviously he can't. 

And if it seems bizarre and doesn't make any sense, it is because it doesn't really make any sense that people who make their living from covering the NFL would be rooting against the NFL or would not want games coming back. C'mon. 
He didn’t name names because he works in the industry. I wish he would have said some of the ones I mentioned though. These guys to this day are still on team lockdown. 

Users who are viewing this thread