What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (2 Viewers)

For those in the "Trump is just pursuing his legal challenges to the election" camp. ..

The kind of nonsense the president has been spewing on his twitter account and his retweeting Lin Wood and other conspiracy theorists crap is going to get someone hurt or killed.    His attack on what used to be a friend and staunch supporter is terrible. 

If he cares at all about the country he needs to put an end to this BS.
I don't believe that to be true and that seems like an overreach.

I don't believe that to be true and that seems like an overreach.
Why not?  You don't think people will take things too far?  Do you believe with better rhetoric out there the plot to kidnap the Michigan Governor would have happened?

Or things like this?

Or what is going on where opposing sides protesting are armed and clashing (including people stabbed recently)?

No, I don't think so.   
Well, I highly disagree.  I think him ending the "it was rigged" and stolen charade would end these clashes.  I think him pushing the rhetoric for so many years definitely leads to people believing it and him enough to become desperate now.  I think his supporters listen to him and there would be far less division without his rhetoric on this.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Has that been proven to be because of Trump?  Is he now responsible for every instance of violence in this country?

Damn...I mean I know some of you guys are way over the moon on Trump, but this might be pushing it.
No he is not but Trump, for reasons I cannot comprehend, is loved by millions of supporters and what he says matters.  When he says "Liberate Michigan" those words are taken literally by some.   When he suggests the governor of Georgia is working with China to undermine the election it motivates some of his followers to issue threats and possibly act on them.

The bottom line is that the president should be mindful of the power he has over people and should be careful when choosing his words and spreading conspiracies.

Fortunately this buffoon will be out of White House soon but in the meantime is it too much for him to tone down his BS a little?

No he is not but Trump, for reasons I cannot comprehend, is loved by millions of supporters and what he says matters.  When he says "Liberate Michigan" those words are taken literally by some.   When he suggests the governor of Georgia is working with China to undermine the election it motivates some of his followers to issue threats and possibly act on them.

The bottom line is that the president should be mindful of the power he has over people and should be careful when choosing his words and spreading conspiracies.

Fortunately this buffoon will be out of White House soon but in the meantime is it too much for him to tone down his BS a little?
I will not blame Trump for the idiocy that this country contains.  And to do so really takes the focus away from the real issues and puts it in the wrong place.  To say that is equivalent to saying "If Trump goes away, violence will too"   It's a dangerous and ridiculous thing to do.

Edited to add I KNOW this will not be a popular opinion, especially here.  But I said it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will not blame Trump for the idiocy that this country contains.  And to do so really takes the focus away from the real issues and puts it in the wrong place.  To say that is equivalent to saying "If Trump goes away, violence will too"   It's a dangerous and ridiculous thing to do.

Edited to add I KNOW this will not be a popular opinion, especially here.  But I said it anyway.
Mike I don't believe I said anything like that.  So your point is that it isn't Trump's fault if an idiot carries out violence against someone the president has lashed out against? 

For those in the "Trump is just pursuing his legal challenges to the election" camp. ..

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp has bemoaned continued attacks leveled at him, his wife and his children over the election results.

Kemp came under fire from President Donald Trump and his supporters following November 3, as the commander-in-chief disputed the state's results.

Two recounts both found Joe Biden to have received the most votes.

On Monday, the state's Electoral College votes went in Biden's favor. This came as the majority of Electoral College votes from across the nation went his way.

"It has gotten ridiculous," Kemp said, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported, commenting on continued attacks.

He then referenced death threats, allegations of bribes from China and attacks on social media leveled at his children. He specifically mentioned his daughter Lucy being targeted with conspiracy theories linked to the death of her boyfriend Harrison Deal, who died in a traffic accident earlier this month.

On those taking issue with the election outcome, he added: "If anybody has an issue with something I've done, they need to come see me and I'll talk to them about it. They don't need to bother my wife or my children or anybody.

"I can assure you I can handle myself. And if they're brave enough to come out from underneath that keyboard or behind it, we can have a little conversation if they would like to."

Trump and his allies have previously looked to invalidate Georgia's election results, filing lawsuits in the state to this end. While Kemp has come under fire from Trump directly, he said that as far as he was aware his relationship with the president is "fine," and said he was simply following "the laws and the Constitution and the Constitution of this state."

After details of threats towards people involved in the election in Georgia were highlighted previously, Tim Murtaugh, the Trump campaign communications manager, said the Trump campaign condemned any such action.

"The campaign is focused on ensuring that all legal votes are counted and all illegal votes are not. No one should engage in threats or violence, and if that has happened, we condemn that fully," he said in a previous statement.

https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-gov-brian-kemp-snaps-election-conspiracy-target-children-1555829?utm_source=pushnami&utm_medium=Push_Notifications&utm_campaign=automatic&UTM=1608298964749
The kind of nonsense the president has been spewing on his twitter account and his retweeting Lin Wood and other conspiracy theorists crap is going to get someone hurt or killed.    His attack on what used to be a friend and staunch supporter is terrible. 

If he cares at all about the country he needs to put an end to this BS.
I really dont like Kemp, but no one deserves this.  Geez

Now Trump's gang of dancing court jesters are going hard after Justice Roberts with the most ridiculous lies.  These shills will attack even the most principled conservatives who don't support their insane fantasy.

Texas Electoral College
And this dude is just straight up lying. The SC has not met in person during the pandemic, thus there is no "someone heard them yelling at each other" is complete bull####

• Thanks
Mike I don't believe I said anything like that.  So your point is that it isn't Trump's fault if an idiot carries out violence against someone the president has lashed out against? 
I didn't see you saying it either.  I said it.  

And yes.  That's my point.  100%

Trump’s absence as the virus rages through the US is absolutely horrible. Just a petty little man-child. 
He has been mum on the SolarWinds hack too.  Pretty amazing the POTUS has nothing to say considering the scope of this and the fact that he finds time to tweet about nonsense on twitter.   I know it sounds crazy but It's almost like he doesn't care about Covid or what does Russia does.

Trump’s absence as the virus rages through the US is absolutely horrible. Just a petty little man-child. 
He has been mum on the SolarWinds hack too.  Pretty amazing the POTUS has nothing to say considering the scope of this and the fact that he finds time to tweet about nonsense on twitter.   I know it sounds crazy but It's almost like he doesn't care about Covid or what does Russia does.
I read a technical article on how the bad actors circumvented SolarWinds MFA/2FA.  Really impressive.  We should be worried there areant already other hacks which have happened that are being covered up.

Sydney Powell, Lin Wood and Michael Flynn are among those calling on President Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act of 1807, declare Martial Law, and prevent Joe Biden from taking the presidency: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/12/18/trump-insurrection-act-presidency-447986
Rhetoric that apparently is not adding to divisiveness and having the possibility of inciting violence at all.

Yes...sarcasm.

Its dangerous speech and should be called out from the highest levels...we know Trump won't...with others in congress?

I am starting to wonder if he’s a good leader 

Transition is going swimmingly:

Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller ordered a Pentagon-wide halt to cooperation with the transition of President-elect Biden, shocking officials across the Defense Department, senior administration officials tell Axios.

Behind the scenes: A top Biden official was unaware of the directive. Administration officials left open the possibility cooperation would resume after a holiday pause. The officials were unsure what prompted Miller's action, or whether President Trump approved.

Why it matters: Miller's move, which stunned officials throughout the Pentagon, was the biggest eruption yet of animus and mistrust toward the Biden team from the top level of the Trump administration.

Fury at the Biden team among senior Pentagon officials escalated after the Washington Post published a story on Wednesday night revealing how much money would be saved if Biden halted construction of Trump's border wall.

Trump officials blame the leak on the Biden transition team (Though, it should be noted, they have no evidence of this, and both reporters on the byline cover the Trump administration and have historically been prolific beneficiaries of leaks.)

What happened: Meetings between President Trump's team and the Biden team are going on throughout the government, after a delayed start as the administration dragged its feet on officially recognizing Biden as president-elect. 

Then on Thursday night, Miller — who was appointed Nov. 9, when Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper right after the election — ordered officials throughout the building to cancel scheduled transition meetings.

What do you think that really says...I mean really?

I will help a bit...

if Russian collusion is proven by special counsel Bob Mueller.
Now...do you think that is just maybe a tad different than the actions being taken and talked about by Trump right now?  And not all just Trump but his surrogates (because yeah, that is what Wood, Powell, and Flynn are).

What do you think that really says...I mean really?

I will help a bit...

Now...do you think that is just maybe a tad different than the actions being taken and talked about by Trump right now?  And not all just Trump but his surrogates (because yeah, that is what Wood, Powell, and Flynn are).
If election fraud is proven by the Trump campaign can we then ask for a new election? As this suggests?

Seriously.....Bof sidez.  It isn't just the bad man.  

I like the part where Hillary said the election was fraudulent without proof and entered 50+ lawsuits but only in states in which she lost.   

Who can forget all of her tweets about how the election was rigged and her "stop the steal" comments.   And let's not forget that at one point the bookies said she won.

But absolute best was her calling for Obama to declare martial law and invoke the insurrection act so the military could oversee new elections in the states she lost.

Exactly the same.

I like the part where Hillary said the election was fraudulent without proof and entered 50+ lawsuits but only in states in which she lost.   

Who can forget all of her tweets about how the election was rigged and her "stop the steal" comments.   And let's not forget that at one point the bookies said she won.

But absolute best was her calling for Obama to declare martial law and invoke the insurrection act so the military could oversee new elections in the states she lost.

Exactly the same.
Soooo........she can do it, but once Trump does it, it's bad because he did it different?  I love how you guys make these comparisons.

"Yeah well Hillary may have done it too, but Trump did it much worser!!!!"   (Paraphrasing)

Exactly the same.
In 2016, they chose the long con and started the false Russia stole the election narrative.  

If election fraud is proven by the Trump campaign can we then ask for a new election? As this suggests?

Seriously.....Bof sidez.  It isn't just the bad man.  
Saying seriously...does not make the "bof sidez" trope any better.

They are not even trying to prove fraud...and what was being discussed was them just taking over and forcing a new election without ever proving anything.  Do you not see how that is different?  I mean really...can you not see that?  I have to ask because it appears clear as possible that what Hillary stated...and what was being discussed and suggested by the likes of Wood, Powell, and Flynn are so very different its hard to understand how anyone can claim it to be the same without doing so to try and get some sort of reaction.  

In 2016, they chose the long con and started the false Russia stole the election narrative.  
That narrative was not really started...nor started by "they" as in say Obama and people actually in power making such a claim...and nowhere near the level of what Wood, Powell, and Flynn have been inferring.  

Soooo........she can do it, but once Trump does it, it's bad because he did it different?  I love how you guys make these comparisons.

"Yeah well Hillary may have done it too, but Trump did it much worser!!!!"   (Paraphrasing)
Cmon man they aren't even close to be on the same scale.   

Technically someone driving 30 mph in a 25 mph zone is speeding but it isn't quite the same as going 100 mph in a school zone.   

But hey if you think that what Clinton did in 2016 is equivalent to what Trump is doing now then let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Cmon man they aren't even close to be on the same scale.   

Technically someone driving 30 mph in a 25 mph zone is speeding but it isn't quite the same as going 100 mph in a school zone.   

But hey if you think that what Clinton did in 2016 is equivalent to what Trump is doing now then let's just agree to disagree and move on.
I get it.  Democrats do it...it's ok.

Republicans do it and it's horrible. 

Weve been over this.  His lawsuits were 100% legal.  Sucks and makes you guys unhappy, but it's true., 

Rinse repeat

I get it.  Democrats do it...it's ok.

Republicans do it and it's horrible. 

Weve been over this.  His lawsuits were 100% legal.  Sucks and makes you guys unhappy, but it's true., 

Rinse repeat
I am 100% cool and happy with how things turned out.  We saw how well those lawsuits did.  It sounds like the GOP are the ones that can't get over it.

I think we've discussed this enough though.  You think it is cool to be calling for martial law and invoking the Insurrection Act for Trump to remain in power and I think it is pathetic and dangerous.   Let's just leave it at that and I'll be on my way...

I am 100% cool and happy with how things turned out.  We saw how well those lawsuits did.  It sounds like the GOP are the ones that can't get over it.

I think we've discussed this enough though.  You think it is cool to be calling for martial law and invoking the Insurrection Act for Trump to remain in power and I think it is pathetic and dangerous.   Let's just leave it at that and I'll be on my way...
Oh blah..One little article is not a "call for martial law" any more than the daily journal link I posted.

See?  See what you do?  Ignore the democrat approach--which was absurd  And cry when something equally as absurd gets floated around..because republicans....It's insane to me how people can so hypocritical and not see it.

Oh blah..One little article is not a "call for martial law" any more than the daily journal link I posted.

See?  See what you do?  Ignore the democrat approach--which was absurd  And cry when something equally as absurd gets floated around..because republicans....It's insane to me how people can so hypocritical and not see it.
Ok

• Laughing

Do what? She said in response to an interview question that she wouldn’t rule out contesting the election if the official Federal investigation revealed Russian interference. There is no comparison with what Trump and his toadies are doing.

It’s just what this forum is. You won’t see anywhere near the amount of complaining/ranting from the non Liberals/Right here with an election that went against their liking....it’s become so slow in here there are topics on the 1st page weeks old and apparently this has become the  :fishing: thread. You will see the but Trump excuse but it’s not legitimate.  Last election a whole new forum had to be created and you know the rest. I wouldn’t let it bother you too much, it’s always been that way. Have a good weekend!

GoBirds said:
It’s just what this forum is. You won’t see anywhere near the amount of complaining/ranting from the non Liberals/Right here with an election that went against their liking....it’s become so slow in here there are topics on the 1st page weeks old and apparently this has become the  :fishing: thread. You will see the but Trump excuse but it’s not legitimate.  Last election a whole new forum had to be created and you know the rest. I wouldn’t let it bother you too much, it’s always been that way. Have a good weekend!
The fact that you are comparing how message posters reacted...to how POTUS is reacting and tweeting and several of those representing him to the media and in his legal challenges...that is very telling.

Personally, I try to hold our leaders to higher standard than message board guy.

The fact that you are comparing how message posters reacted...to how POTUS is reacting and tweeting and several of those representing him to the media and in his legal challenges...that is very telling.

Personally, I try to hold our leaders to higher standard than message board guy.
Not sure this makes any sense as a response....let’s move along. 

Not sure this makes any sense as a response....let’s move along. 
The response makes perfect sense when you are talking about how the board complains about the 2016 election during a  conversation revolving around the comments made by Trump, Wood, Powell, and Flynn.

Moving along would be great...do you believe POTUS should move along, concede that he lost, call for peaceful and proper transition of power, call for the rallies and claims of stealing and rigged to stop?

Users who are viewing this thread