What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twin Peaks (1 Viewer)

The only thing I'll add to that is a theory that I saw where Sarah Palmer was also a vessel for Judy. Near the end, when Laura was ripped away from Cooper in the woods, Sarah was simultaneously trying to destroy Laura's picture, but couldn't do it. Some think that was Judy pulling Laura into the other universe/timeline, whatever. Earlier in the season she also sort of morphed into some kind of monster and killed a guy in the bar. Also, a lot of people thinking episode 17 was sort of the end of the story, in the known Twin Peaks universe anyway, and 18 was a prologue to events after Cooper is stuck in whatever alternate dimension/timeline. I doubt there will be another series, but it did kind of leave that possibility open. Maybe it'll tie in to Mark Frost's book that will be released soon. I think this series had as much, if not more, influence from him as it did from Lynch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
crusty crab said:
The only thing I'll add to that is a theory that I saw where Sarah Palmer was also a vessel for Judy. Near the end, when Laura was ripped away from Cooper in the woods, Sarah was simultaneously trying to destroy Laura's picture, but couldn't do it. Some think that was Judy pulling Laura into the other universe/timeline, whatever. Earlier in the season she also sort of morphed into some kind of monster and killed a guy in the bar. Also, a lot of people thinking episode 17 was sort of the end of the story, in the known Twin Peaks universe anyway, and 18 was a prologue to events after Cooper is stuck in whatever alternate dimension/timeline. I doubt there will be another series, but it did kind of leave that possibility open. Maybe it'll tie in to Mark Frost's book that will be released soon. I think this series had as much, if not more, influence from him as it did from Lynch. 
what kind of luck do you need to have a father possessed by Bob and a mother who is the essence of evil. Laura never stood a chance. 

Wonder why Donna decided not to show. Seemed like Audrey was in a mental institution. 

what kind of luck do you need to have a father possessed by Bob and a mother who is the essence of evil. Laura never stood a chance. 

Wonder why Donna decided not to show. Seemed like Audrey was in a mental institution. 
Yeah, either that, or a one of the lodges maybe, and her doppelganger was hanging with that short guy. I saw some other theories that the Roadhouse was a kind of portal between denizens of Twin Peaks and Audrey's dream world, or something like that. That sort of makes sense given the Audrey dance episode at the Roadhouse. Sort of. Who knows? Not me. 

Interesting.  But I don't think that Judy necessarily created the other universe/dimension.
Lots of unanswerable stuff altogether in the show. Judy is kind of an evil Goddess, I guess is my final take. Does it just know how to manipulate the universes/dimensions, or was it part of the creation of them, along with the Giant/Fireman possibly. Again, I don't know what to think.

From the Twin Peaks wiki (I think they touched on some of this in epsisode 8, or around there:

"In The Secret History of Twin Peaks, it is mentioned that after founding JPL Jack Parsons conducted rituals at the Devils Gate in Pasadena in an attempt to call forth the goddess Babalon, also known as the Mother of Abominations, a key figure in the Thelema mythos. Later, the weekend before the 1947 Roswell Incident, in Jornada del Muerto, on the ground where the bomb was tried, he tried to open a second gate to bring force the elemental entity known as the "Moonchild" using the Working of Babalon. In addition, Douglas Milford recounts President Richard Nixon showing him and actor Jackie Gleason a bizarre figure, similar in appearance to the experiment, in an observation room at Homestead Air Base."

Maybe that Final Dossier book will explain some of the stuff left sort of hanging. I never read "The Secret History" but I might actually buy that and the Final Dossier when it comes out.

Just had a week on the ocean in a house w all the TV channels. Had intended to binge elsewhere than TP: The Return but watched an ep and found myself hooked. Was a huge fan of the original but never a fan of Lynch movies, so did not expect to like it at all since i was of the type who least enjoyed the revisit when it came out. L-L-L-LOVED it, polished off the entire 18 eps in three days, i'm ashamed to admit.

Here's the way i recommend enjoying it, for those who might try or try again. It's a sitcom from Hell. I'd always classed the original as a comedy of manners, like its contemporary Seinfeld, except with urgency & hope fueling the dastardly selfishnesses of daily life instead of cynicism. The dystopian comedy is actually a perfect artform for a Boomer cuz we kinda broke the world. In The Return, Lynch has combined duck-and-cover paranoia, runaway rabid self-interest, a great wondering whether Hell lies in our stars or in our selves, a prodigious skill for pulling stuff str8out of his ### and an even greater faith that he can make you not care what he does with it to provide an Undivine Comedy for people who are greedy for more than just one Circle of Hell. The rollouts & bows & star-turns of Lynch regulars should tip you that he sees himself here as the Ed Sullivan of the Pandaemonium Network. wikkid say check it.

I just started watching Season 3 again. I'm a big DL fan, but my wife thought it was too weird when we watched a couple episodes a few years back. The weirdness is why it's great.

Miss ya, Wikkid.

Users who are viewing this thread