What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (1 Viewer)

The others in the vehicle with him were all Latinos, including his 17-year-old brother Marlon, who was born in Mexico and was in the U.S. illegally.
And he had a falsified mexican visa that said he was born in mexico and his birth certificate had fake info. 

Three weeks seems excessive, but i dont know enough about the process of vetting to say for sure. 

He definitely should have been detained, just not sure how long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how crossing the border is tracked, but i am assuming he was using the tourist visa for getting across the border. I would bet there is a record of that. So if he was going back and forth using a tourist visa that probably presented some difficulties for just believing him.

parasaurolophus said:
And he had a falsified mexican visa that said he was born in mexico and his birth certificate had fake info. 

Three weeks seems excessive, but i dont know enough about the process of vetting to say for sure. 

He definitely should have been detained, just not sure how long.
If he'd been allowed to make phone calls, it would have been cleared up in hours.

Not sure how crossing the border is tracked, but i am assuming he was using the tourist visa for getting across the border. I would bet there is a record of that. So if he was going back and forth using a tourist visa that probably presented some difficulties for just believing him.
I'm not sure he ever used it.  His grandmother set it up for him erroneously. 

What kind of visa do you use to get to Mexico when you go?

I'm not sure he ever used it.  His grandmother set it up for him erroneously. 

What kind of visa do you use to get to Mexico when you go?
His lawyer said the mother got the visa for him so he could go. Said she couldnt get a passport because she had lied about her name on the birth certificate. 

What kind do you use? 

Right.  The grandmother misunderstood.  

Because Mexicans need a visa to visit the United States and U.S. citizens don't need a visa to visit Mexico.
I dont think it is a misunderstanding. 

I took it to be him acting as a mexican to get back and forth because he couldnt get a passport. 

I dont think it is a misunderstanding. 

I took it to be him acting as a mexican to get back and forth because he couldnt get a passport. 
Galicia's mother obtained a Mexican tourist visa for him so he could visit family in Mexico, the lawyer explained. Because she lives in the United States illegally, she did not want her real name on Galicia's birth certificate, so she used a false name for herself, Galan said.

And because of that she was not able to get him a passport. She never corrected his birth certificate and just thought it was easier to get him a tourist visa so he could get in and out of the country," Galan explained

Galicia's mother obtained a Mexican tourist visa for him so he could visit family in Mexico, the lawyer explained. Because she lives in the United States illegally, she did not want her real name on Galicia's birth certificate, so she used a false name for herself, Galan said.

And because of that she was not able to get him a passport. She never corrected his birth certificate and just thought it was easier to get him a tourist visa so he could get in and out of the country," Galan explained
Yeah, that's very different from the article I read.  I'll look for it to link it.

Edit: looks like it was corrected.  The article I originally read said his grandmother, who lives in Mexico had erroneously gotten him a visa because she thought he needed it to get home.  Looks like a total cluster#### of a situation.

Yeah, that's very different from the article I read.  I'll look for it to link it.

Edit: looks like it was corrected.  The article I originally read said his grandmother, who lives in Mexico had erroneously gotten him a visa because she thought he needed it to get home.  Looks like a total cluster#### of a situation.
I believe you that it said grandma. I found a couple articles that had me scratching my head trying to figure out WTH had happened before I read the CNN one. 

The problem here was that the ways that would have easily verified his citizenship didnt really exist(since they were falsified) and the guy had been crossing the border as a mexican tourist(which I have to imagine is illegal). 

So when you scoop up a group of dudes that arent citizens, but one of them claims to be, and you find that he has a tourist visa saying he is mexican and that is what he has been using to cross the border, but he says no no no just trust me, that tourist visa is fake. I was only pretending to be mexican because I couldnt get a passport. Why cant a get a passport you say? Well just trust me, the only reason I couldnt is because my mom was in the country illegally when she had me and so she put a fake name on there, but seriously, let me go alrready, this is outrageous!!!

I believe you that it said grandma. I found a couple articles that had me scratching my head trying to figure out WTH had happened before I read the CNN one. 

The problem here was that the ways that would have easily verified his citizenship didnt really exist(since they were falsified) and the guy had been crossing the border as a mexican tourist(which I have to imagine is illegal). 

So when you scoop up a group of dudes that arent citizens, but one of them claims to be, and you find that he has a tourist visa saying he is mexican and that is what he has been using to cross the border, but he says no no no just trust me, that tourist visa is fake. I was only pretending to be mexican because I couldnt get a passport. Why cant a get a passport you say? Well just trust me, the only reason I couldnt is because my mom was in the country illegally when she had me and so she put a fake name on there, but seriously, let me go alrready, this is outrageous!!!
No question he and his family brought some of this on himself.  I think the issue is as to the time it took to clear that up.  To me that seems excessive, in fact it shocks my conscience, what little I have.  that said, I do not know their administrative pressures first hand.  Me, it seems long since I live in a world where even criminals must be charged or released in under 24 hours, generally, 36 to 96 hours upon application, and 14 days for terrorists.

I believe I was having a discussion with someone about the conditions at the Ursula facility in McAllen, Texas, including medical care.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/autopsy-details-death-guatemalan-migrant-child/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Partner Social&utm_content=migrantchilddeath

16-year-old Carlos Hernandez Vasquez died of sepsis after being diagnosed with the flu at Ursula, then being transferred to another facility so that he wouldn't get people sick at Ursula, never being taken to the hospital, and contracting pneumonia.  He had a 103-degree fever according to his records at Ursula and tested positive for the flu, but was not taken to a hospital.

He should have been transferred to a child facility days earlier under the law, and certainly should have been transferred to a hospital before his death.

He died sitting on a toilet, alone, after vomiting all over the floor of his cell.

More on the US citizen teenager held in custody for over three weeks. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2019/07/24/no-shower-23-days-us-citizen-held-deportation-shares-like-immigrant

He’s allegedly lost over 20 lbs in custody from lack of food and claims not to have had a shower in his entire time in custody. 

He also claims sick detainees were told that if they went to the doctor their stay in that facility would start over at day 1 when they returned. 
CBP and ICE make identity mistakes more than just rarely. That one reason the city of South Miami joined a lawsuit against the DiSantis-led law against sanctuary cities in Florida; they could have legal liability. (The main reason is that the law may increase unreported crimes).

I believe I was having a discussion with someone about the conditions at the Ursula facility in McAllen, Texas, including medical care.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/autopsy-details-death-guatemalan-migrant-child/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Partner Social&utm_content=migrantchilddeath

16-year-old Carlos Hernandez Vasquez died of sepsis after being diagnosed with the flu at Ursula, then being transferred to another facility so that he wouldn't get people sick at Ursula, never being taken to the hospital, and contracting pneumonia.  He had a 103-degree fever according to his records at Ursula and tested positive for the flu, but was not taken to a hospital.

He should have been transferred to a child facility days earlier under the law, and certainly should have been transferred to a hospital before his death.

He died sitting on a toilet, alone, after vomiting all over the floor of his cell.
I lean Republican, but I don't understand how we're spending so much money per detainee and people are living in squalor. 
If there was a mandate to spend $10 per person or a budget cap, I'd get why the detainment centers looked like a favela, but I could people up at the Plaza, two per room and pay $20 an hour to the 24 hour guard outside their door for the $750 a person figure being thrown around.

I hope someone(s) ### gets busted for the graft that must be occurring, to say nothing of the fact that people are dying.

I lean Republican, but I don't understand how we're spending so much money per detainee and people are living in squalor. 
If there was a mandate to spend $10 per person or a budget cap, I'd get why the detainment centers looked like a favela, but I could people up at the Plaza, two per room and pay $20 an hour to the 24 hour guard outside their door for the $750 a person figure being thrown around.

I hope someone(s) ### gets busted for the graft that must be occurring, to say nothing of the fact that people are dying.
We don't spend 750 per person for people at Ursula. That is what we spend for kids at the private tent cities. We don't have these issues at those places. They have onsite medical, A/C, proper nutrition, I believe they even have onsite psychiatric care. 

I think Ursula costs more like 140/night. They just had showers installed like two weeks ago.

We don't spend 750 per person for people at Ursula. That is what we spend for kids at the private tent cities. We don't have these issues at those places. They have onsite medical, A/C, proper nutrition, I believe they even have onsite psychiatric care. 

I think Ursula costs more like 140/night. They just had showers installed like two weeks ago.
I thought Ursula was $230-250 a night for kids, but regardless the on-site medical there diagnosed him and sent him to another facility instead of a hospital. 

“Onsite medical” isn’t very helpful when it doesn’t treat you properly. 

I thought Ursula was $230-250 a night for kids, but regardless the on-site medical there diagnosed him and sent him to another facility instead of a hospital. 

“Onsite medical” isn’t very helpful when it doesn’t treat you properly. 
The costs aren't the easiest to find. I have read that it costs 320 for "a family". What defines a family? 2?3? 4?8? I have also read that it is 140 per person. It is a bit frustrating. But I also imagine the costs vary so much because ursula has so many in and out. The annual costs are a bit easier to find, but that doesn't really help on a per basis.

Ursula isn't staffed the same way as homestead, although with the more recent NBC visit it sure seems like they are finally making it livable. 

At ursula they have doctors and nurses that come in and set up temporary makeshift clinics on a periodic basis or on demand when somebody is ill. Homestead has an actual doctors office. Pretty sure they aren't sending border patrol agents to walgreens to pick up tamiflu. 

Some fortune 500 companies like northwestern mutual brag about "onsite medical". They arent saying they will call an ambulance for you if you have a heart attack at work.

The costs aren't the easiest to find. I have read that it costs 320 for "a family". What defines a family? 2?3? 4?8? I have also read that it is 140 per person. It is a bit frustrating. But I also imagine the costs vary so much because ursula has so many in and out. The annual costs are a bit easier to find, but that doesn't really help on a per basis.

Ursula isn't staffed the same way as homestead, although with the more recent NBC visit it sure seems like they are finally making it livable. 

At ursula they have doctors and nurses that come in and set up temporary makeshift clinics on a periodic basis or on demand when somebody is ill. Homestead has an actual doctors office. Pretty sure they aren't sending border patrol agents to walgreens to pick up tamiflu. 

Some fortune 500 companies like northwestern mutual brag about "onsite medical". They arent saying they will call an ambulance for you if you have a heart attack at work.
Yeah, maybe not a real sign of great work at the border if the on-site medical is just someone who will say “he’s sick, send him to the leper colony.”

And then?
Then I would end up explaining my passion to a judge and jury after my arrest, but my daughter would be free.  A fair exchange in my book.

I don't advocate precipitous conduct, in fact quite the opposite. That said, there are issues which might drive me to emotional reactions as opposed to reasoned ones.  When that happens thee is always a price to pay.  My life decisions are not always without regrets or second guessing, but in the end I have ben able to live with the consequences of my passions.

The only real solution (at least in my opinion) is for people to get processed faster all the way through the process.

So the republicans are going to have to compromise on releasing people faster and the democrats are going to have to compromise on deporting people that have been rejected by the courts.

Republicans dont want to let them go because they know that they will never leave(mostly), regardless of court decisions. Democrats dont want to spend a lot of money on detention facilities because they just want the people released. 

Lets lock this guy up for perjury.

A Border Patrol chief testified that 18-year-old Francisco Erwin Galicia never claimed to be a U.S. citizen when he was in Border Patrol custody for 23 days. But that contradicts a DHS notice accusing Galicia of falsely claiming to be a U.S. citizen.
Yeah, wtf? Why would he even say that? Wish they had that document handy during that hearing, that would be solid video.

You should cross that guy off the list of people to follow. 

He is a hack. He posted a hack article from march. 

She wasnt picked up by ICE. She was taken into custody by CBP when she was crossing the border from mexico into the US without her parents and only her 14 year old brother. 

She most likely has a falsified address in order to still attend elementary school, since she (obviously doesnt live in the district)lives in mexico. 

Seems reasonable to conclude that the inconsistent answers she was allegedly giving pertain to that. 

If CBP just let them go through and they were mugged, you guys would whine that border patrol just let a 9 year old wander across the border. 

@charliekirk11

Felipe Juan Miguel was just arrested in Alabama for inappropriately touching a child under the age of 12 He is an illegal alien from Guatemala living in America for 3 months If it were up to Democrats, he would stay here and receive free healthcare for life Sick.

Users who are viewing this thread