What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (1 Viewer)

No idea.  It seems to be in the same category of using eminent domain for a road, bridge, or canal, though.
Right, with those things there are always official reports and recommendations. Trump’s staff - Nunberg and Stone - came up with this idea out of thin air.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dems need to negotiate the way repubs do. Agree to the wall then when they take back power (hopefully) in 2020, defund the wall and bulldoze whatever small part of Trump’s wall has been built unless repubs agree to universal health care. 
If this keeps going the way it is going, there won't be an election in 2020

Now that Carter's people have responded, all living presidents have denied Trump's claim:   

“This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me, and they all know it,” Trump said during a news conference on Friday. “Some of them have told me that we should have done it.”
Just another easily disprovable lie.   

We're gonna need MOR WALLS:

Overall, 41 people on the Terrorist Screening Database were encountered at the southern border from Oct. 1, 2017, to March 31, 2018, but 35 of them were U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. Six were classified as non-U.S. persons.

On the northern border, CBP stopped 91 people listed in the database, including 41 who were not American citizens or residents.

• Thinking
Reactions: Ned
because the only people who commit crimes are on known terrorist lists?  

Also, how many terrorists did it take to do 9/11?
Does that justify a spectacularly bad use of our financial resources. Guarantee there are many ways to fight terror better with those resources. It’s a red herring anyway. 

We're gonna need MOR WALLS:

Overall, 41 people on the Terrorist Screening Database were encountered at the southern border from Oct. 1, 2017, to March 31, 2018, but 35 of them were U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. Six were classified as non-U.S. persons.

On the northern border, CBP stopped 91 people listed in the database, including 41 who were not American citizens or residents.
But 10 terrorist a day!!

What does that have to do with Sara Huckabee and DJT lying their asses off to scare people into believing we need a wall? 
https://people.com/politics/fox-news-chris-wallace-fact-checks-sarah-sanders-interview/

Why can't reporters do their research (or have some interns do it for them) and be prepared before an interview with facts so they can be like Wallace here?  I know people like Sanders will just make up more lies but at least you stop them for a couple minutes.  Same for interviewing Trump.  With the new rules you can't have a follow up question, but be prepared and use the facts in your question to him.  Seems the media needs to be better prepared so they can lose the reputation of "fake news"

It's hard to believe the extent that this dictator will go to convince Americans that these Mexicans are a danger to them. Totally making up lies about terrorism. Telling people they are rapists so you fear for your women and your children.  It's even harder to believe how many of our citizens are falling for it. Just imagine these were Jews use instead of Mexicans he was trying to villainize.  And while youre imagining that, never again ask how Hitler could talk the country into doing the horrific things that they did.  

Every question to Sanders and Trump going forward should be “Why do you and this this administration find it acceptable to constantly lie to the American people?” 

I mean every question til they answer it without the usual BS.

Every question to Sanders and Trump going forward should be “Why do you and this this administration find it acceptable to constantly lie to the American people?” 

I mean every question til they answer it without the usual BS.
They should just spend a whole press briefing calling out their lies. One after another doing what Wallace did.

They should just spend a whole press briefing calling out their lies. One after another doing what Wallace did.
I agree they aren’t getting anything real to write about.  Might as well hold the administration accountable for the BS.  

This presentation tomorrow is going to be some amazing :bs: . I'm guessing it's possible Trump comes up with some sort of 'proof' that terrorists are crossing the border. If he doesn't that's great, but if he does declare a national emergency he will have to have some sort of purported factual basis for doing that. Maybe the hordes of ferrinners flooding across the Sonora will do it, maybe that's enough for him, we shall see. 

At any rate it looks like all networks including CNN & Msnbc will be carrying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This presentation tomorrow is going to be some amazing :bs: . I'm guessing it's possible Trump comes up with some sort of 'proof' that terrorists are crossing the border. If he doesn't that's great, but if he does declare a national emergency he will have to have some sort of purported factual basis for doing that. Maybe the hordes of ferrinners flooding across the Sonora will do it, maybe that's enough for him, we shall see. 

At any rate it looks like all networks including CNN & Msnbc will be carrying it.
meh.  give him a chance and he’ll look like an ###.  if they don’t cover it they just give him ammo.

I’m sure Trump will just trot out a few people tomorrow with family members killed by illegal immigrants and spew some “hide your wife, hide your kids” rhetoric. 

Oh and blame the Democrats for everything. 

He’s going to make a show of it and announce he’s going to issue a nat’l emergency...knowing/hoping the dems fight it in court...he wants to keep this going as long as he can because he thinks this is his issue that will rally the base...

He’s going to make a show of it and announce he’s going to issue a nat’l emergency...knowing/hoping the dems fight it in court...he wants to keep this going as long as he can because he thinks this is his issue that will rally the base...
He always wants the narrative more than the actual issue.

I guess FAUX News is a given

Of course it's all to play to his base.  $5billon only adds around 150 miles of wall. Added to the 800 or so miles already covered that leaves 1000 or so miles wide open.  So this doesn't solve or fix this national emergency, it's all for show.

In the House of Representatives, the Fence Act passed 283–138 on September 14, 2006.[2] On September 29, 2006, the Fence Act passed in the Senate 80–19.

Link
Is this the one where Obama gave a speech about Immigration and the primetime networks didn't carry it?  So unfair, how they treat Cadet Bone Spurs. 

Users who are viewing this thread