What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unorthodox Things You Do (1 Viewer)

Comfort nursing... sucking a pacifier is the same exact thing. They aren't getting any milk out - they do it for comfort. My kids never took to pacifiers so at the end of the day sometimes my 2-year old nurses for a few minutes. It's a bonding/comfort thing. Totally normal.
It’s totally normal to suck on a dry teet? :unsure:  

I eat Combos snacks by nibbling off the outer pretzels, leaving a pile of cheesy middles with just a thin covering of pretzel.  Then gobble all the middles.

sublimeone said:
Comfort nursing... sucking a pacifier is the same exact thing. They aren't getting any milk out - they do it for comfort. My kids never took to pacifiers so at the end of the day sometimes my 2-year old nurses for a few minutes. It's a bonding/comfort thing. Totally normal.

Gotta be  :fishing:

Last edited by a moderator:
 If there isn't milk coming out, it's not a bonding/comfort thing, it's foreplay, not necessarily for your young'un, but for the missus. Hope y'all are doing all right up in the holler cleetus.

Gotta be  :fishing:
Insinuating that a nursing mother is a pedophile is about as low as it gets. 

I know you’re not interested but for anyone else who is, this is totally normal.

Ned said:
It’s totally normal to suck on a dry teet? :unsure:  
I clarified with the wife. It’s not completely dry, she’s just producing very little at this point. Basically the point is my son is nursing for emotional reasons not nutritional.

Insinuating that a nursing mother is a pedophile is about as low as it gets. 

I know you’re not interested but for anyone else who is, this is totally normal.
Are you considering breastfeeding your baby into toddlerhood and wondering how the breastfeeding relationship will change? Are you wondering if your toddler is trying to wean, or wondering why your toddler is suddenly breastfeeding round the clock? Here are a few observations on typical toddler breastfeeding behavior. As always, the way your particular baby approaches nursing will also depend on her unique personality.
This made me  :lmao:

Also, from the same article...

Acrobatic breastfeeding

By toddlerhood, most babies have quite a repertoire of creative breastfeeding positions. Acrobatic breastfeeding is typical and it’s common for baby to try breastfeeding upside down, with feet in the air, standing on one foot, wiggling and twisting and turning, and so on. Enjoy the silly positions they try, be flexible and patient
:lmao: :lmao:

Every day, first time I'm in driveway each day (usually leaving for work), I find a penny, then toss it over my left shoulder.

I'm not really superstitious, and I wouldn't sweat it if I forgot to do it, but on the other hand if I'm pulling out of the driveway and remember at the last moment that I forgot to do it, I'll jump out and take care of it.

A few times I've had to walk around in pouring rain to find a penny.
The shark move would be for you to post your address and then any visiting FBG in the vicinity could stop by and unload all their saved up pennies in your front yard.

sublimeone said:
Yea.... good luck 

I throw all pennies at home in the trash.  All they do is pile up in places over time.  Total nuisance.  If I'm at a drive-through or something similar, the first thing I do is go through my change and drop the pennies on the ground.  I figure a bum will end up with them and at least they aren't clogging up my pockets or center divider.

Pennies need to go.

The sleeping with your kids thing is weird after a certain age and I have trouble thinking that's a good thing in the end.  How in the world it adds up to courage to go through the woods or whatever I will never know.

I think I'm unorthodox (or OCD) about charging my cell phone.  I always plug in when I drive and if I'm just hanging out at the office/home and I see it's at...say 80%...I plug it in.  God forbid it gets to 50% or so.   :no:
Yep...me too

Often set an alarm in the middle of the night.  I love the feeling of waking up and then realizing that I have numerous hours left before I have to get up.
Make your ring tone an alarm clock. Give us your number and FBG's can take turns randomly calling you in the middle of the night to read you Tim posts. You will get the feeling of the weird alarm thing you like and then you will get put right back to sleep with the counting sheep nature of the posts.

I swear we wont text you any objectionable pictures. 

Make your ring tone an alarm clock. Give us your number and FBG's can take turns randomly calling you in the middle of the night to read you Tim posts. You will get the feeling of the weird alarm thing you like and then you will get put right back to sleep with the counting sheep nature of the posts.

I swear we wont text you any objectionable pictures. 
I printed out a copy of Tim's magnum opus "Mr. Ishida's Bookstore".  I'm good.  :sleep: :sleep:

I want to hear more about raw milk not giving you bubble guts.
The pasteurization process destroys an enzyme called 'lactase.' Lactase aids in the digestion of dairy. There may be a few other contributing factors but in my reading, this seems to be the most commonly accepted explanation. 

Aside from dairy incidentals (cream in a recipe or cheese on hors d'oeuvres), I could not consume any dairy without getting a stomach ache. Now, I can eat a bowl of ice cream and if I wash it down with a glass of raw milk there's enough lactase to digest the ice cream and I don't have any issues. 

for the record, and i am not judging I promise

but if you want to talk about unorthodox things you do, next time lead with the breastfeeding thing.

My mental image of sublimeone's two-year old is Stewie from Family Guy..."hey <insert wife's first name>, get over here and unbutton your f'n shirt".

It's a little odd that you find it odd that the masses find this odd...you must have realized prior to posting about co-sleeping that it would get a reaction. And once a kid is old enough to be walking around asking in full sentences for the teat it's going to get people's attention.

But honestly who gives a crap...whatever works for you and yours. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I think I'm unorthodox (or OCD) about charging my cell phone.  I always plug in when I drive and if I'm just hanging out at the office/home and I see it's at...say 80%...I plug it in.  God forbid it gets to 50% or so.   :no:
I feel like this is pretty normal.

My mental image of sublimeone's two-year old is Stewie from Family Guy..."hey <insert wife's first name>, get over here and unbutton your f'n shirt".

It's a little odd that you find it odd that the masses find this odd...you must have realized prior to posting about co-sleeping that it would get a reaction. And once a kid is old enough to be walking around asking in full sentences for the teat it's going to get people's attention.

But honestly who gives a crap...whatever works for you and yours. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Breastfeeding is an unequalled way of providing ideal food for the healthy growth and development of infants; it is also an integral part of the reproductive process with important implications for the health of mothers. Review of evidence has shown that, on a population basis, exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months is the optimal way of feeding infants. Thereafter infants should receive complementary foods with continued breastfeeding up to 2 years of age or beyond.
Source: http://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/exclusive_breastfeeding/en/

The pasteurization process destroys an enzyme called 'lactase.' Lactase aids in the digestion of dairy. There may be a few other contributing factors but in my reading, this seems to be the most commonly accepted explanation. 

Aside from dairy incidentals (cream in a recipe or cheese on hors d'oeuvres), I could not consume any dairy without getting a stomach ache. Now, I can eat a bowl of ice cream and if I wash it down with a glass of raw milk there's enough lactase to digest the ice cream and I don't have any issues. 
I know it is a government source and all, but I'll just leave this here...  https://www.fda.gov/food/foodborneillnesscontaminants/buystoreservesafefood/ucm247991.htm

:tinfoilhat:

I count syllables. People speaking to me, a TV show, when I read something. Just tap out the syllables using my right hand's fingers - from pinky to thumb and then looping back around after every multiple of five.

I don't know when this started; I just do it subconsciously at this point I think.

just the 2 year old and I wouldn't classify it as 'breastfeeding' - he just like a little nip action in the evening. My wife doesn't think she's producing milk anymore - thinks its more of a comfort thing.
I don't know enough about child development to know if this isn't  :fishing: . Shouldn't two year-olds be eating solids and not mucous? I guess if they pick their nose...

Best of luck to you, sublime. 

This is why I haven't been married, I guess, though the ole SWC'er disagrees.  
who now with the what then i am not sure what i am disagreeing with but honestly snotaction you are my brohan so if you want me to disagree then hell yeah i disagree the heck out of that take that to the bank bromigo

Not sure how unorthodox this is, but I like to finish up all portions of my meal at generally the same time.  So if I have a burger and fries, I don't like there to be like a buttload of fries left when I'm done with my burger, or vice versa.  Balance.  Namaste.

Not sure how unorthodox this is, but I like to finish up all portions of my meal at generally the same time.  So if I have a burger and fries, I don't like there to be like a buttload of fries left when I'm done with my burger, or vice versa.  Balance.  Namaste.
That is insane. I only eat one thing at a time. Fries first, then burger. 

I suppose you like when your food touches different foods too? Weirdo.

That is insane. I only eat one thing at a time. Fries first, then burger. 

I suppose you like when your food touches different foods too? Weirdo.
Nope, I like my food to be as hot as possible, so switching back and forth ensures that for the majority of my meal, both (or all) things are at least somewhat hot.

And nah, I don't care if things touch.  In fact, when my mom used to make chicken, rice and corn - for example - I would mix all three up and eat as a kind of casserole-ish thing.

who now with the what then i am not sure what i am disagreeing with but honestly snotaction you are my brohan so if you want me to disagree then hell yeah i disagree the heck out of that take that to the bank bromigo
:lmao:  Mad props and you can brohan that to the Han Solo but never lonely.  

On odd calendar days, I will get out of bed when the clock is an odd number.  For example today (10/11), I got out of bed at 6:31.

Hmm just thought of one. I love cold food. Leftover spaghetti and meatballs straight out the fridge homey! My wife thinks its gross.
While I don't like cold spaghetti.

Sometimes I'll order an extra pizza just to let it get cold to eat the next couple days.   I like cold fried chicken and a couple other things....

Nope, I like my food to be as hot as possible, so switching back and forth ensures that for the majority of my meal, both (or all) things are at least somewhat hot.

And nah, I don't care if things touch.  In fact, when my mom used to make chicken, rice and corn - for example - I would mix all three up and eat as a kind of casserole-ish thing.
I hate hot food, so I'll eat either the fries or the burger first, starting with whichever is least hot.

Hmm just thought of one. I love cold food. Leftover spaghetti and meatballs straight out the fridge homey! My wife thinks its gross.
Yuck

My wife is a freak

She eats frozen pizza. Like ellios...straight frozen.  WTF. She's the type of person that will slowly murder me with antifreeze in my ice t inst she?

Users who are viewing this thread