What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (7 Viewers)

I really wanted to see Aaronson in there...but not surprised.  GGG going very conservative here.
Outside of Yueill and Lletget how Racey is he supposed to be here. And even then, we get Musah and Acosta instead. Aaronson will sub in for Gio or CP regardless of scorelines IMO...as he should.

Who's going to sub in for Sarge? Weah? Sieb? I forget if Giocch is in this group.
Giocch not with group.  Weah appear to be winger #4 and Sieb striker #2 but that could change if chasing a game and deciding to go with two strikers late of which Weah would likely be one of the two.

I really wanted to see Aaronson in there...but not surprised.  GGG going very conservative here.
I assume you want him to start over Gio as he should never start over Pulisic if Pulisic is healthy IMO?

I don't see anything conservative here.  It is almost the identical formation and players one would have expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ned
Absolutely.  I would prefer Aaronson over Lletget.  The later scores goals, yes, but Aaronson has IT.
I would still be very concerned about Aaronson defensively.  The 8 requires a decent amount of defensive work in this system (and significantly more with Adams not on the field).

That being said I don't think there would be any huge drop off defensively from Lletget.

huh, I had no idea about McKenzie here but I guess it won't mean anything any more

==================

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

And at the opening kickoff the following three dual nationals will be cap-tied to the #USMNT 1) Antonee Robinson 2) Gio Reyna 3) Mark McKenzie

Pulisic will be responsible for addressing the crowd before the game to not be idiots.

Hopefully some one from Mexico will do the same for the Puto birds..

So looking over the squad, we have only one real diva in Gio.  I am sure he is likely to shoot a killer look at Robinson a few times tonight.

Who do we have that is going to kick the players in the butt when needed? 

*GGG does not in any way appear to be that type of coach. 

*Pulisic might be able to summon up some emotions and should carry some clout just with his accomplishments.

*Adams is far too calm in general.

*Weston seems like he would be good at this but the class clown is rarely also the teams resident booty kicker...

Yueill? 

:hot:
Yeah, this is really the only one that bothers me. Say what you want about Lleget, but the guy has been super solid recently.  I dont think (and dont hope) he'll be a starter a year from now but I have no issue starting him in a game like this.

Yuell is another story. I just dont see any upside there. Obviously tonight is not the time, but we really need to find a legit backup for Adams. Whether that's Musah, Otasowie, Weston (if guys like Aaronson, Gio and Weah develop to the point where they can start and allow him to move back), Sands....whoever. Yuell is a B- level player at best.

So looking over the squad, we have only one real diva in Gio.  I am sure he is likely to shoot a killer look at Robinson a few times tonight.

Who do we have that is going to kick the players in the butt when needed?  GGG does not in any way appear to be the type of coach.  Pulisic might be able to summon up some emotions and should carry some clout just with his accomplishments.

Adams is far too calm in general.

Weston seems like he would be good at this but the class clown is rarely also the teams resident booty kicker...

Yeah, I dont know if we have that guy. And that's concerning.  Not a lot of grit in this team, even with Adams in there.

Yeah, this is really the only one that bothers me. Say what you want about Lleget, but the guy has been super solid recently.  I dont think (and dont hope) he'll be a starter a year from now but I have no issue starting him in a game like this.

Yuell is another story. I just dont see any upside there. Obviously tonight is not the time, but we really need to find a legit backup for Adams. Whether that's Musah, Otasowie, Weston (if guys like Aaronson, Gio and Weah develop to the point where they can start and allow him to move back), Sands....whoever. Yuell is a B- level player at best.
All of this. I'm completely fine with Lletget.

Drop Weston into the 6 and put in Aaronson or Musah with the other the first sub. Yueill should be a "break glass in case of emergency" guy at this point.

I don't think we'll ever see Wes or Musah in a six role.  Out of this group, if Adams can't go, it's kind of between Yueill and Acosta.  Hopefully other options emerge in Sands and Flach.  I do think that GGG's penchant for a Bradley/Trapp/Yueill type of distributor is largely outmoded if the CBs are healthy.  But a Brooks injury could change that calculus pretty quick.

Did somebody in this chat cover the Honduras side? 

close to their A squad?

Users who are viewing this thread