What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (7 Viewers)

NewlyRetired said:
wow that went quick!

==========

Pablo Iglesias Maurer

@MLSist

Kevin Paredes' transfer to Wolfsburg is essentially done. Terms are unclear, but have heard in the past week that DC's "number" was $7 mil, as Tom reports here. Paredes said goodbye to his teammates and is headed to Europe for his physical.
:excited:

Paredes is, in my opinion, a guy that can emerge before Qatar. Getting a Bundes chance to do just that is outstanding. 

That's ####### cold, even without the wind. Nobody's going to be happy playing in that...but to encaitars point above, the tropical dudes are going to be way more miserable than the US guys. There's cold, and there's that.
I will be there, trying to convince myself it's not that cold (it wont be as bad as tonight's negative 30 wind chill)...it might not sell out, and I hope that isn't held against the Twin Cities for future USMNT games. A Wednesday night in early February is the worst possible scheduling for traveling fans but also for us locals. 

I want to make a quick note about the US having to likely play players this window who are not in season.

All three of the teams we face this window will also likely have to do the same.

BarçaTimes

@BarcaTimes

[ @gerardromero] | Barcelona are working on a transfer for Thomas Menieur (30) which could see Sergiño Dest go to Dortmund. Talks are necessary to define transfer conditions

Jeff Carlisle@JeffreyCarlisle·7m

#usmnt manager Gregg Berhalter said Zack Steffen isn't with the team and is in Manchester getting treatment on his back. They'll see if he can make the trip over at some point.

DeAndre Yedlin is arriving today. "Everybody else is ready to go."

Jeff Carlisle@JeffreyCarlisle·7m

#usmnt manager Gregg Berhalter said Zack Steffen isn't with the team and is in Manchester getting treatment on his back. They'll see if he can make the trip over at some point.

DeAndre Yedlin is arriving today. "Everybody else is ready to go."
So it looks like he got in the air at least.  

Jon Arnold

@ArnoldcommaJon

Bad news for El Salvador ahead of the match w #USMNT. Eriq Zavaleta took a stomp & has struggled to train with a foot issue. That's in addition to Ronald Rodriguez likely not having his passport in time to join the team. La Selecta could have two new CBs from last meeting.

:thumbup:

=======

Nico Cantor

@Nicocantor1

Berhalter on Tim Weah: "He played 67' with Lille. They thought he was fit enough to start and we're seeing the same thing. Timmy looks great."

So- Weah or Aaronson? Either one makes a great sub. I'm thinking Weah to start vs El Sal- go 60. Maybe 20 vs CAN off the bench as needed. And then back to starting vs HON for as long as he can go/is needed.

.......................Turner

Dest....Zimm.....Miles.....Jedi

.....................Adams

..........Musah............Swag

Aaronson/Weah...................CP

..................Pepi

Jon Arnold

@ArnoldcommaJon

Bad news for El Salvador ahead of the match w #USMNT. Eriq Zavaleta took a stomp & has struggled to train with a foot issue. That's in addition to Ronald Rodriguez likely not having his passport in time to join the team. La Selecta could have two new CBs from last meeting.
How, as a grown up... let alone a professional athlete representing your country... do you not have a passport renewed.

This is exactly what I always dreamed would happen and now that it is happening, I am still a bit incredulous.  

==============

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

MLS to European leagues transfers now heating up. After Paredes set to join Wolfsburg and talks still on for Turner to Arsenal, next one to move in the next days could be talented goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina. #MLS There’s interest from Premier League clubs. Price tag €10m.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly what I always dreamed would happen and now that it is happening, I am still a bit incredulous.  

==============

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

MLS to European leagues transfers now heating up. After Paredes set to join Wolfsburg and talks still on for Turner to Arsenal, next one to move in the next days could be talented goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina. #MLS There’s interest from Premier League clubs. Price tag €10m.
euro passport, right? 

It's become so normalized that I almost tuned out how big a talent Slonina is, particularly considering the position.  GK is not a position that typically rewards youth, and Slonina is two years ahead of Tim Howard, who was the most precocious American GK talent I can remember.  

==============

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Woof.  $12MM for an 18 year old keeper is a ton of money.

Probably need to get him capped ASAP if he'll cooperate.

How, as a grown up... let alone a professional athlete representing your country... do you not have a passport renewed.
They probably ran out of material to make passports.

No joke, that is the actual reason given for not renewing passports and ID cards in Venezuela in the 90s.  You can imagine what it's like now.

==============

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

It’s going both ways now, and MLS is getting a step up in quality mid-20s DP-level Euro transfers (Karol Swiderski, Mikael Uhre, Ercan Kara all 27 and under and all signed this week).  Retirement league my…..

Pretty cool about Slonina.  Obviously it will depend on the team, but it will be interesting to see what they do with him. Since he already has a decent amount of pro experience, I imagine he'd be loaned out rather than placed on the reserve/U23 team. Hopefully he goes somewhere he can develop his total game (and not some championship side that never plays out of the back)

I can't imagine we're actually in danger of losing him to Poland. He was born and raised here and its not like they're gonna call him right into the senior team and give him time. Its not like the US has world beaters in front of him. If he's truly an elite talent, he'll get his shot at the # 1 spot after Qatar if he keeps progressing.

edit: looks like the rumor is that if he's bought, he'll be loaned right back to the Fire. Makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire apparently have another teen GK- Casey- that some think is better than Slonina. Cynical minds thinking Slonina got featured because of his euro passport and more easy sellability.

El Floppo said:
He says Eustachio is out the first two games? Or is that old news...because somebody in here said he was fine and would be playing...
No one knows for sure.  even Doyle said Herdman may just be playing games.  He is on roster though and I think in camp.

Looking pretty decent. Cold enough to hopefully make them uncomfortable, but pretty ideal for playing. 

Columbus, OH Forecast

Today

Morning

15°

Chance of Rain15%

Afternoon

31°

Chance of Rain15%

Evening

28°

Chance of Rain15%

Looking pretty decent. Cold enough to hopefully make them uncomfortable, but pretty ideal for playing. 

Columbus, OH Forecast

Today

Morning

15°

Chance of Rain15%

Afternoon

31°

Chance of Rain15%

Evening

28°

Chance of Rain15%
Just checked and looks like a chance of flurries around 8pm.  Should be gorgeous and raucous. Cannot wait to get in there and take it all in. 

I know results are all that matter. but....

I don't want to see the aimlessness they showed vs El Sal last time out (granted, without MMA)- I want to see the US dictate the play tonight. AND be up 3-0 by the 15th minute.

I haven’t recovered from the Bills crushing defeat.  Is it to much to ask for a minimum of 7 points this window?

I’m not sure my psyche could handle an upset. 

Just checked and looks like a chance of flurries around 8pm.  Should be gorgeous and raucous. Cannot wait to get in there and take it all in. 

Have fun man. I went to Columbus for US/Mexico in 2016 and the atmosphere was great

Wasn't so much fun when that D-bag Marquez scored the winner, but we had fun up until that point. 

Have fun man. I went to Columbus for US/Mexico in 2016 and the atmosphere was great

Wasn't so much fun when that D-bag Marquez scored the winner, but we had fun up until that point. 
Of all the guys to score too.  :wall:

If we don't fall asleep there, wet and bumpy would have been meaningless instead of soul crushing.

Users who are viewing this thread