What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (7 Viewers)

Saudi tied a full strength Ecuador this window. If we play like we did against Japan, this is a sure L but lets hope that was a once off type of game.

Dest at LB. No opportunity for Scally. Guess Greg has made his choice for backup lb.
This is the one I don't get at all, but he hasn't rated him all cycle. I can't see how he's worse than Vines (or Yedlin).
I honestly don't get what GGG sees that his Bundesliga coaches don't see. Not sure what Scally has to do to unseat Vines to get on the plane. Must be something in training. Maybe he's just not "getting it". Whatever "it" is.

I agree with everyone here and wish it was Scally and not Vines - I will say, that in his limited time with USMNT he's looked kind of lost and played poor for the most part. I attribute that to not knowing the system and being young.

since he is not trolling I will post and say I mostly agree with the perspective (not that I agree with the choices, just that I agree that this is what GGG is thinking)

==================

Matthew Doyle

@MattDoyle76

Long starting = he's going to be on the Qatar roster, and McKenzie & EPB haven't done enough in this camp to dislodge him.

Acosta starting = we're definitely playing a double pivot in Qatar, and LDLT has mostly failed his Musah backup tests over the past couple of games.

Yedlin starting w/ Dest on the left = Vines & Scally have both failed to impress as potential Jedi backups.

It's an egregious error to not have a CB playing that's capable of making accurate deep passes. Saudi is playing SO narrow that the deep sideline pass to the wingers is available at any time. Ream would be in heaven with that much space to make a pass.

If these are our CBs for the WC, then I see every opponent playing us similarly, just to stuff up the midfield.

Can someone please doing something that looks like we have more skill and athleticism? And if I never have to see Long and that bad haircut of his again I'll be ok with it.

Kind of wish Dest was on the right today. They have found Yedlin open so many times but he is limited offensively.

Ziimm's long ball have been good. There has been some decent interplay with Pulisic but not enough.

Nothing is going through on the ground, everything is over the top but I guess that is what the defense is giving.

here is Reyna coming off the field. He does not look hurt but this was not planned either so I have no idea what is going on

=====================

Doesn't look injured. No physios following him down the tunnel.

He looks pissed. Gregg looks like he wants to say something and Gio just ghosts him. Maybe a planned, but not leaked, early sub just to get him some field time with the team?

CP should not be the captain of this team. This team needs a captain that shows passion and will get in his players face when they are not bringing it to the pitch 100%. Brazil goes out and takes care of business against a lower skilled opponent and we have struggled against two lower tier opponents.

Why does the US only know how to play through the middle of the field. Why do we not play from the back and move the ball up using short passes utilizing our defense and midfield and then incorporate our attack in the final third. That is how the game is played. Not forcing everything through the middle.

Why does the US only know how to play through the middle of the field. Why do we not play from the back and move the ball up using short passes utilizing our defense and midfield and then incorporate our attack in the final third. That is how the game is played. Not forcing everything through the middle.
We can't do that either.

Any thoughts about playing with a target #9 ought to be taken out to the back pasture and put down. You have to be able to find the ball with this team, because it just isn't going to come to you on the spot. Dike, Pefok, Pepi -- none of them have had much impact and barely touched the ball. At least JF and JS are in the middle of things more often.

I've long maintained we should make our own style. Bang that ball down there like every youth team in America does and just pressure, pressure, pressure all day in a frantic, chaotic style. All these fancy Euro soccer snob players would get pissed all game because we would be gnats flying around their ears.

Users who are viewing this thread