What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

-arcK- said:
It's been a month or two, but if I recall correctly I was getting to the 3rd level pretty regularly and then getting destroyed.

You can turn on God mode in your already established save.  You might already have the 50% debuff already from dying so much.  Def don't start over.  

😩 My TV finally went to the big living room in the sky last night. Was kind of showing some signs the past year, and finally kicked it last night. So I'm now in the market (extremely conveniently 3 weeks before black Friday). Planning to enter the big boy leagues and go OLED.

Until then.....omfg kill me I'm stuck with a backup 11 year old Sharp 1080 HDTV. The input lag on this mfer is ridiculous lol. I won't be able to play a shooter until I get a new TV.

The timing is nice but also kinda sucks to cause Best Buy just had their pre-black Friday sale this week, but now it's Friday and the one I was looking at sold out early in the week.

😩 My TV finally went to the big living room in the sky last night. Was kind of showing some signs the past year, and finally kicked it last night. So I'm now in the market (extremely conveniently 3 weeks before black Friday). Planning to enter the big boy leagues and go OLED.

Until then.....omfg kill me I'm stuck with a backup 11 year old Sharp 1080 HDTV. The input lag on this mfer is ridiculous lol. I won't be able to play a shooter until I get a new TV.

The timing is nice but also kinda sucks to cause Best Buy just had their pre-black Friday sale this week, but now it's Friday and the one I was looking at sold out early in the week.
My computer monitor died a couple of months ago and I've been rolling with an old one that I dug out of my utility room based on the same logic -- presumably I'll be able to get a good replacement on or around black Friday.  This has been a weird year though and I'm growing pessimistic about pricing and availability of anything electronic this holiday season.

Fingers crossed.

so now I know what a roguelike is due to all the Hades talk.

In a roguelike if you die once it's over. Cool game, but I know I would be throwing my controller through my TV screen.

Both Amazon and Costco have great prices on the LG OLEDs right now...might not be much better pricing this year.

so now I know what a roguelike is due to all the Hades talk.

In a roguelike if you die once it's over. Cool game, but I know I would be throwing my controller through my TV screen.
Not so.  Early on, there's no way you're clearing the game and you're not expected to.  Most of your runs are just getting used to enemies, developing some basic starts, and gathering resources for upgrades.  Once you've got your mirror (character) upgraded a bit, clearing the game becomes pretty routine.  You'll need to ramp up the difficulty to have any real risk of failure.

Oh boy, gonna be a good holiday season. So last weekend, I ended up buying the LG C1 oled. My local Best Buy was out of it the back half of the week, then I checked one last time Saturday morning before sale ended, and they must have got a truck in the night before because they suddenly had some. Rushed down there and grabbed one. Thing is incredible. Best tv I've ever owned by a country mile. And the football on it too...*chef's kiss*

And today just a few minutes ago, I managed to catch a target PS5 restock. So bang bang, I'm all set with my entertainment needs going forward with a free weekend in front of me. I'm hyped.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had friends over the other day and they brought over their Oculus Quest... my brother had the playstation VR thing I tried a few years ago, but the wires made it too limiting. The Quest works anywhere, which is somewhat of a game-changer. We had a lot of fun with it.

I was surprised at how low the price was - $299 feels pretty reasonable, so I ordered one Sunday. Got it yesterday and spent last night setting it up. It's very impressive. I recently bought a new PC for work, and it's beefy enough to run VR stuff, so the Quest can stream from it as well - that opens up a lot more games/content (Steam has a lot). 

I can see this being a fun diversion - "flying" and such is really fun. Although it's not going to replace my Xbox anytime soon - I have a hard time seeing myself gaming for hours on this, but for things like space simulators / travel stuff / etc, I could see it being quite relaxing. Many things can be played sitting down, so it's hardly "I need to jump around the room" that I felt VR was years ago. 

The biggest takeaway I have now is while it's really cool and cutting edge, it also feels very "old" to me in terms of "in ten years, this will be beyond amazing". It's like how I felt with my old Atari 2600 40-something years ago - it was amazing, but even my 12-year old brain knew it only scratched the surface of what was coming.  

Oh boy, gonna be a good holiday season. So last weekend, I ended up buying the LG C1 oled. My local Best Buy was out of it the back half of the week, then I checked one last time Saturday morning before sale ended, and they must have got a truck in the night before because they suddenly had some. Rushed down there and grabbed one. Thing is incredible. Best tv I've ever owned by a country mile. And the football on it too...*chef's kiss*

And today just a few minutes ago, I managed to catch a target PS5 restock. So bang bang, I'm all set with my entertainment needs going forward with a free weekend in front of me. I'm hyped.
Yeah the lg oleds are where it's at.   Got a big one like 2 weeks before covid.   Game changer

Ok so my next big purchase I want to get a Smart TV maybe 4K a bit on the cheaper side but reliable. I got an LG TV and it's about 42" maybe can get by with something a bit bigger but now a whole lot. I got a few feet on either side of the entertainment shelf for this. 

Ok so my next big purchase I want to get a Smart TV maybe 4K a bit on the cheaper side but reliable. I got an LG TV and it's about 42" maybe can get by with something a bit bigger but now a whole lot. I got a few feet on either side of the entertainment shelf for this. 

black friday approaches....

Big fan of TCL 6 series TVs. But more expensive then there other series of TV which I know next to nothing about. 

Far Cry 6 is FANTASTIC.  It took me a while to really get going on it.  But now it's easy to get immersed and lose track of time.

The story is amazing, the characters are well-developed, the landscape is beautiful, and the combat is so much fun.  

Far Cry 6 is FANTASTIC.  It took me a while to really get going on it.  But now it's easy to get immersed and lose track of time.

The story is amazing, the characters are well-developed, the landscape is beautiful, and the combat is so much fun.  
The ending is anticlimactic.    But it's definelty worth playing if you ever liked any farcry 

I’m fairly certain the only chance might’ve been yesterday with the Walmart+ restocking thing, but if someone was considering an Xbox series x purchase, any tips on best bets? I read somewhere maybe here that Best Buy could randomly receive them and it’s a guessing game. At this point will every restocking stores do be some event or will stores randomly have them in stock and then immediately sell out and it’s luck of the draw? I’m wondering if there’s even a chance of just walking into a Walmart Best Buy target etc and ever just seeing one available?

I’m fairly certain the only chance might’ve been yesterday with the Walmart+ restocking thing, but if someone was considering an Xbox series x purchase, any tips on best bets? I read somewhere maybe here that Best Buy could randomly receive them and it’s a guessing game. At this point will every restocking stores do be some event or will stores randomly have them in stock and then immediately sell out and it’s luck of the draw? I’m wondering if there’s even a chance of just walking into a Walmart Best Buy target etc and ever just seeing one available?
Pick either Walmart + or Gamestop Powerup Pro and subscribe. They have both been releasing consoles that are exclusive for the members before the general public.

Pick either Walmart + or Gamestop Powerup Pro and subscribe. They have both been releasing consoles that are exclusive for the members before the general public.
Looks like GameStop should be releasing some Thursday, i wonder if that powerup pro would give early access to that. Might be my best bet. 

Looks like GameStop should be releasing some Thursday, i wonder if that powerup pro would give early access to that. Might be my best bet. 
They have in the past, that's how I got my PS5. But if you're going to do it, I'd do it now and not day of. I tried day of and it didn't let me access as a member but the next release I was in and got one.

Definitely enjoying it, even if I suck at it. 

I started Greedfall - the reviews calling it a Bioware RPG knockoff seem accurate.  It's fine, but the controls are incredibly sluggish and the story hasn't really grabbed me yet.

I'm beyond excited about the reviews Halo is getting.  Even though the MP is out now, I'll probably wait for the single player to drop in a couple weeks before I dive into that one.

The community doesn't seem too happy with the game right now.  Consensus seems to be it's a major avoid unless you have a squad of 4 you regularly play with.  
Yeah, I had it and already sold it back to GameStop. Lasted about 2 weeks. All my friends who were psyched about it (previous Left 4 Dead players) have already stopped playing it. I never played L4D so I have no point of comparison, but obviously B4B didn't have the same magic apparently. It's fine with friends, but nothing particularly memorable.

Could use some recommendations, in a little bit of a stagnant gaming period here.  Xbox One player.

Currently playing - Hades, Overwatch, Dead Cells.  Hades is fantastic but I've beaten it something like 75 times now, and other than bludgeoning myself with higher heat runs - which are fun - there's essentially nothing left for me to do.  Overwatch it my competitive fix.  I started Dead Cells, got maybe 10 hours into it but I'm losing interest.

Likes - action-adventure, open world sandbox, platformer, artsy indie type games, competitive-yet-kinda-cartoony shooters. 

Played Gears of War pretty much exclusively for competitive play as a diehard player for probably about 10 years, but have been playing mostly Overwatch for the past ~3 years now.  GTA, Red Dead, Far Cry, Saints Row (if they ever make another one) series are staples for me.  Have yet to get Far Cry 6, waiting for a bit of a price drop but I've beaten the hell out of all of them since Far Cry 2 including DLCs.  Used to be really into Assassin's Creed but lost interest after Black Flag and haven't played since.  Have played quite a bit of Destiny 1/2 over the years but not in the past few months.  Some other games I love - Super Meat Boy (106%!!), Hyper Light Drifter, The Messenger, Hades (obviously), Death's Door, Celeste, Sonic Mania.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding something that sticks.  Accepting any suggestions.

Could use some recommendations, in a little bit of a stagnant gaming period here.  Xbox One player.

Currently playing - Hades, Overwatch, Dead Cells.  Hades is fantastic but I've beaten it something like 75 times now, and other than bludgeoning myself with higher heat runs - which are fun - there's essentially nothing left for me to do.  Overwatch it my competitive fix.  I started Dead Cells, got maybe 10 hours into it but I'm losing interest.

Likes - action-adventure, open world sandbox, platformer, artsy indie type games, competitive-yet-kinda-cartoony shooters. 

Played Gears of War pretty much exclusively for competitive play as a diehard player for probably about 10 years, but have been playing mostly Overwatch for the past ~3 years now.  GTA, Red Dead, Far Cry series are staples for me.  Have yet to get Far Cry 6, waiting for a bit of a price drop but I've beaten the hell out of all of them since Far Cry 2 including DLCs.  Used to be really into Assassin's Creed but lost interest after Black Flag and haven't played since.  Have played quite a bit of Destiny 1/2 over the years but not in the past few months.  Some other games I love - Super Meat Boy (106%!!), Hyper Light Drifter, The Messenger, Hades (obviously), Death's Door, Celeste, Sonic Mania.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding something that sticks.  Accepting any suggestions.
Take a look at Hollow Knight. I think you’d like it based on some of the other games you mentioned. 

Take a look at Hollow Knight. I think you’d like it based on some of the other games you mentioned. 
I've thought about it - I've watched some trailers for it over the years but never pulled the trigger.  Might give it a try - thank you.

Played Gears of War pretty much exclusively for competitive play as a diehard player for probably about 10 years, but have been playing mostly Overwatch for the past ~3 years now.  GTA, Red Dead, Far Cry, Saints Row (if they ever make another one) series are staples for me.  Have yet to get Far Cry 6, waiting for a bit of a price drop but I've beaten the hell out of all of them since Far Cry 2 including DLCs.  Used to be really into Assassin's Creed but lost interest after Black Flag and haven't played since.  Have played quite a bit of Destiny 1/2 over the years but not in the past few months.  Some other games I love - Super Meat Boy (106%!!), Hyper Light Drifter, The Messenger, Hades (obviously), Death's Door, Celeste, Sonic Mania.

Oculus Quest 2. I can’t go back to console or PC now. 

I've thought about it - I've watched some trailers for it over the years but never pulled the trigger.  Might give it a try - thank you.
It’s a very, very solid game but if you’re like me- it just feels like a mashup of all the metroidvania games with a different skin. 

If I’m going to play a Metroidvania game I’d rather just play super Metroid or castlevania SOTN again. Both are better. 

just my two cents. 

Dark Souls? It’s my favorite (non gears) game. I begged @madshot31to play it. Has co-op and PVP. Has a ton of replay ability. 

Indie game : Kingdom: new lands was a lot of fun for me. Also has a high level of replays ability as it’s unlikely you’ll beat it the first try. I really enjoyed it. 

(I did NOT like the sequel Kingdom Two Crowns) 

I got an Xbox Series X. Now that I have one I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it or sell it (at cost) to my wife’s friend. She’s been asking me how to get one and doubt she’s going to be able to pull it off herself. 

Shes got two teenage boys and it would mean more to them than me at this time. Maybe I’ll tell her to keep trying and she can sell me hers if she gets lucky. 

Im not sure I even want one then. I really don’t play these days and I can’t think of a new game that I want. 

I was able to get it through a dude at work. (for the MSRP ) This dude makes double six figures and has sold three already at twice the cost. I know it’s capitalism but that just stinks man. I don’t like that one bit. 

I think I read Congress may try to pass some law that would hopefully have an impact on scalping for high-demand items. This is the kind of crap our Government needs to get involved with imo, stuff that actually matters to real people. 

Can't believe the new consoles are still so hard to find.  

One year ago tomorrow I walked into a WalMart and paid retail for my PS5.  (I posted the story above, the app was somehow showing accurate stock in stores.)

I think I read Congress may try to pass some law that would hopefully have an impact on scalping for high-demand items. This is the kind of crap our Government needs to get involved with imo, stuff that actually matters to real people. 
I learned that the guy at work who got mine for me uses a Bot. He’s a super IT genius and uses a bot program for Jordan’s, trading cards and these systems.

It feels super wrong to me. He’s  essentially price gouging and profiting off of moms and dads buying these things for their kids. 

As I said before, Im compelled to sell this thing to my wife’s friend at cost just to make their Christmas. I can wait. They would be far more excited than I would be.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
I got an Xbox Series X. Now that I have one I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it or sell it (at cost) to my wife’s friend. She’s been asking me how to get one and doubt she’s going to be able to pull it off herself. 

Shes got two teenage boys and it would mean more to them than me at this time. Maybe I’ll tell her to keep trying and she can sell me hers if she gets lucky. 

Im not sure I even want one then. I really don’t play these days and I can’t think of a new game that I want. 
So I got a Series X this time last year when my step daughter was working at Target.

When I first got it, I thought it was a nice upgrade.  Definitely looked better, and it seemed to move faster.  I ran in to trouble with it (details below, because it is a long story and doesn't matter).  I lived with the issue for a year, and then ran into the same issue on another game so I ended up having to send it in for repairs.  I went back to my XboxOne for the last several weeks, and just yesterday got the Series X back.  Wow, going back to the One for a while and then back to the X really highlighted how much faster games load  It reminded me what an upgrade it is.

Longer story, I don't play many games (Call of Duty, NBA2K, random free games if something catches my eye and I'm bored).  I had Cold War on the XboxOne, and installed it on the X when I got it.  I couldn't load into Warzone, kept getting different error messages, and often it would just freeze up and send me back to the main menu.  Went through the online troubleshooting, but it didn't fix anything.  Went back to try to play on the One, and it didn't work there either (at least temporarily).  Figured it was a software problem with my ID on both Xbox's or something like that since troubleshooting didn't work, and then issues on the One where it worked fine before.

Downloaded the Halo Infinite multiplayer a few weeks ago, and had the same exact problem (freezing while loading and kicking me out).  Went through trouble shooting again, didn't work.  Finally called support and spent an hour with them doing a lot of the same trouble shooting, but a few other things as well.  Nothing worked, so I mailed it in, they fixed it and sent it back.  Fortunately Halo came out, or i never would have sent it in.  Warranty expires later this month.

Got it back and loving it.

Poke_4_Life said:
Can't believe the new consoles are still so hard to find.  

One year ago tomorrow I walked into a WalMart and paid retail for my PS5.  (I posted the story above, the app was somehow showing accurate stock in stores.)
Why is it hard to believe? Massive chip shortage that is affecting pretty much everything plus high demand = hard to find.

One year ago we didn't know about the chip shortage.  Most supply chain issues haven't been around for over a year.  
Even before Covid, pretty much everyone in the gaming industry said consoles were going to be hard to get until summer of this year based on demand and ability to produce, especially the PS5. Add in Covid with all of the supply chain issues and chip shortages this shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Even before Covid, pretty much everyone in the gaming industry said consoles were going to be hard to get until summer of this year based on demand and ability to produce, especially the PS5. Add in Covid with all of the supply chain issues and chip shortages this shouldn't be a surprise at all.
It took me 7 months to get a ps4

Users who are viewing this thread