What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver wire targets: LB bloodbath continues (1 Viewer)

What do you think about KC LB James-Michael Johnson?

Now when he is the starter, does he have the capacity to make some significant stats numbers?

When i say that, i think, is he capable to make some sack, QB pressure ... not just 5-7 tckl per game?

And, Is he, long term, a better option than Trusnik or Gooden?
Bump, anyone pls :)
I don't think JMJ is gonna help your team unless you are in super deep leagues. For example, I only own him in a 32 team league with 40 man rosters and I'm not really expecting anything from him. I only picked him up incase one of my starters gets hurt.

Chiefs claimed him off waivers and took over his contract which was a 4 year, 2.5 million deal. Mays was signed to a 2 yr 6 million deal. Wouldn't surprise me if JMJ is simply a rotational guy this year. Surely the chiefs have to bring someone else in to compete for snaps at ILB.

I wonder if either he or Mauga will be a 3 down backer?

Now when he is the starter, does he have the capacity to make some significant stats numbers?

When i say that, i think, is he capable to make some sack, QB pressure ... not just 5-7 tckl per game?

Well, I think all of these guys are lottery tickets.

Trusnick- limited physically, but seems to have earned the trust of the coaches, and was starting in place of Wheeler BEFORE Misi and Ellerbe were injured. Was calling the defensive plays, so it seems they see him as a 3 down guy, as the defensive play caller tends to stay on the field in nickel. Seems destined to have a real role for the rest of the year due to Ellerbe's injury, or Wheeler not being a very good LB, or playing well and replacing Misi, who is far from cemented as the starting MLB. Seems like usefulness is limited to this season though, doesn't seem to project as a long term startable LB for IDP players. They liked Jordan Tripp as well, but he is injured and is a rookie, so it seems like Trusnick might be the guy.

Gooden- Oozes with physical potential, but had problems lining up in the right place. He plays really fast, so has potential to be a long term solution, depending on how well he plays. Fast, so he should be an asset in coverage and be a 3 down player. If he plays well, he will start the rest of the year and carve out a starting position for himself next season, if not........plus, I read somewhere that Gooden may be coming off field on passing downs. Several question marks.

Johnson- See Gooden above. He will be starting and is good in coverage, being used as a nickel LB before Johnson's injury. If he can shed blocks against the run he will be useful. He will be playing 3 downs starting this week, so I think he has potential, but again depends on how he plays.

I think Trusnick seems to have the highest floor and lowest ceiling of the three, will be useful this season, but isn't a long term solution, IMO. The other two are going to get an opportunity, it depends if they take advantage or not. I'd favor Gooden, as Johnson has already been cut by an NFL team prior to this season, but that is just a guess- maybe he's just a lot better now. (maybe with the questionable 3 down status, Johnson might be a better add than Gooden)

I hope that answers your question.

BTW, my opinion on Jenkins is similar to the other two, he is a good coverage LB, and played well last week. He will be playing all 3 downs, and if he can play OK against the run, he could take the starting position and run with it. If he does, he's the best of the bunch.

BTW#2- I don't know what I'm talking about, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reshad Jones, if he's available. If the new drug policy passes today, he should be immediately reinstated. Dion Jordan too.

themojoworkin said:
3-4 said:

Trusnick- limited physically, but seems to have earned the trust of the coaches, and was starting in place of Wheeler BEFORE Misi and Ellerbe were injured. Was calling the defensive plays, so it seems they see him as a 3 down guy, as the defensive play caller tends to stay on the field in nickel. Seems destined to have a real role for the rest of the year due to Ellerbe's injury, or Wheeler not being a very good LB, or playing well and replacing Misi, who is far from cemented as the starting MLB. Seems like usefulness is limited to this season though, doesn't seem to project as a long term startable LB for IDP players. They liked Jordan Tripp as well, but he is injured and is a rookie, so it seems like Trusnick might be the guy.

Gooden- Oozes with physical potential, but had problems lining up in the right place. He plays really fast, so has potential to be a long term solution, depending on how well he plays. Fast, so he should be an asset in coverage and be a 3 down player. If he plays well, he will start the rest of the year and carve out a starting position for himself next season, if not........

Johnson- See Gooden above. He will be starting and is good in coverage, being used as a nickel LB before Johnson's injury. If he can shed blocks against the run he will be useful. He will be playing 3 downs starting this week, so I think he has potential, but again depends on how he plays.

I think Trusnick seems to have the highest floor and lowest ceiling of the three, will be useful this season, but isn't a long term solution, IMO. The other two are going to get an opportunity, it depends if they take advantage or not. I'd favor Gooden, as Johnson has already been cut by an NFL team prior to this season, but that is just a guess- maybe he's just a lot better now.

BTW, my opinion on Jenkins is similar to the other two, he is a good coverage LB, and played well last week. He will be playing all 3 downs, and if he can play OK against the run, he could take the starting position and run with it. If he does, he's the best of the bunch.

BTW#2- I don't know what I'm talking about, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Thank you mate :)

themojoworkin said:
3-4 said:

Gooden- Oozes with physical potential, but had problems lining up in the right place. He plays really fast, so has potential to be a long term solution, depending on how well he plays. Fast, so he should be an asset in coverage and be a 3 down player. If he plays well, he will start the rest of the year and carve out a starting position for himself next season, if not........

I think Trusnick seems to have the highest floor and lowest ceiling of the three, will be useful this season, but isn't a long term solution, IMO. The other two are going to get an opportunity, it depends if they take advantage or not. I'd favor Gooden, as Johnson has already been cut by an NFL team prior to this season, but that is just a guess- maybe he's just a lot better now.

Only one I bothered to bid on was Jenkins.

what is the story in buffalo?

bradham is back --- at wlb?

so, I'm assuming it's preston and bradham in nickel?

and when rivers comes back who is slb and wlb?

(and nickel?)

what is the story in buffalo?

bradham is back --- at wlb?

so, I'm assuming it's preston and bradham in nickel?

and when rivers comes back who is slb and wlb?

(and nickel?)
I have read that for this week, Bradham and Brown will be in the nickel. Spikes only played nickel last week after Rivers was injured and Bradham was at home on the couch watching the game.

As to what happens when Rivers is healthy, one would have to assume that whoever is playing the best will play, so that will depend on how Bradham and Brown play the next couple of weeks. I don't think there is any allegiance to Rivers.

is bradham actually wlb or is it brown with bradham at slb?
Bradham was scheduled to replace Alonso at WLB, got suspended for 1 game and replaced by Brown. My best guess is that Bradham returns to WLB and Preston Brown returns to his backup position at MLB behind Spikes. Problem is that the coach makes that decision, not me or any other fantasy player.

JAM said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
is bradham actually wlb or is it brown with bradham at slb?
Bradham was scheduled to replace Alonso at WLB, got suspended for 1 game and replaced by Brown. My best guess is that Bradham returns to WLB and Preston Brown returns to his backup position at MLB behind Spikes. Problem is that the coach makes that decision, not me or any other fantasy player.
No, I think Bradham and Brown both start either side of Spikes. Brown played every snap in week 1, so I can't see his role going from that to a backup.

It'll be Brown, Spikes & Bradham in base then Bradham & Brown in nickel.

Brown only played every snap week one because Bradham was suspended. Him going back to his normal role(backing up Spikes) won't be a surprise to me at all.

If that does happen it wouldn't be a shock to see him wind up replacing Spikes in some of the subs, though.

Breakdown: Think the Bills miss Kiko Alonso yet? The duo of Preston Brown and Keith Rivers each conceded at least five catches, while Brandon Spikes should feel fortunate to have allowed only 15 Yards After the Catch, considering he missed three tackles in coverage.

Signature Stat: The trio allowed 14 completions on 16 attempts.
pff

Here are some top performers from week 2, anyone care to rank them?

Joplo Bartu, Dashon Goldson, Jasper Brinkley, Rolando McClain, Preston Brown, T.J. McDonald

Jelani Jenkins had a great stat line for Miami, but with Wheeler and Misi not being out for long, I would avoid.

Renaming this thread, may as well use it all year.

Jelani Jenkins had a great stat line for Miami, but with Wheeler and Misi not being out for long, I would avoid.

Wheeler is terrible and apparently Jenkins not only produced numbers, but played well too. If he keeps that up he should keep passing downs.

Wheeler is terrible and apparently Jenkins not only produced numbers, but played well too. If he keeps that up he should keep passing downs.
My only concern is that he only saw like 70% of snaps.
Kool-Aid Larry has him at 97%.

Good info, I must've misread the info from Sporting Charts.

Good info, I must've misread the info from Sporting Charts.
maybe you're looking at the season as a whole

i don't see JMJ offering more than tackles. they have houston, hali and even ford to generate pressure on the QB. it just seems unlikely somehow considering those two have a proven history of sacks.

i don't see JMJ offering more than tackles. they have houston, hali and even ford to generate pressure on the QB. it just seems unlikely somehow considering those two have a proven history of sacks.
hey -- you're a saints fan?

what kind of coverage do you expect from keenan lewis against minny?

does he stay over on the right, will he follow patterson around, etc?

Antoine Cason

this dude is killin' it

what's his deal?
Seems like he always produces when given the snaps. That combo of not a lockdown corner so QBs don't avoid him, but good enough to make plays on the ball/ball carrier. I'm looking to grab him even though corners aren't a required position on our teams

jonboltz said:
What is the latest with Jenkins, is Misi coming back this week?
Misi is the Mike, Jenkins is the Will.
Misi out this week. It's more Trusnik. The more interesting question is what happens when Wheeler and Misi are healthy? I think another good week from Jenkins solidifies him at WLB. But if Trusnick plays well again will he stay at MLB, or move to SLB? Will Wheeler start over Trusnik, like he did at the begining of the season? If you listen to the coaches, they clearly love Trusnik, but I wonder if his physical limitations put him back on the bench when all are healthy. Having said that, Trusnik and Jenkins were the 3 down players last week.

Lattimore or Barrington in Green Bay.
No doubt. Any thoughts? These are just names to me, no idea about them.
Lattimore has been decent when given a chance but they tied a lot of money up with Brad Jones too. If you can stash one it's Lattimore.
Lattimore was uninspiring last week. It will be interesting to see what he does this week against Bush/Bell. They like Jones and after that horror show week one, it will be telling if they give him another chance, maybe the poor performance is related to his current injury?

Trusnik is not good, all effort guy, easily replaceable. Bias, sure, but I stashed Jenkins last year because he is the best one in that corps. Show it again this week and he won't be leaving the field when wheeler returns, he's terrible.

I read those uninspiring comments re lattimore, disappointed, really liked what I saw in small doses last year and jones is terrible. I get why they don't but I wish rewind had the detroit Green Bay game up quick, they'll be first in my queue this week.

Hitchens looked good. Could be a high upside rookie taking a high upside position. Dallas MLBs always post great numbers

Users who are viewing this thread