What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 03 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Herbert agains the Jags assuming he gets the injection and plays. I’m just terrified that he won’t make it through the game.

or

Lawrence against the Chargers…very tough matchup.

.5 PPR flex - Damon Pierce, Penny or Jeff Wilson
Missed this one.

Good problem to have IMO.

@Tanner9919 has me thinking this may be Pierce's coming out party, and it very well may be, but I simply can't bank on it when you have two other good options.

Normally I would say Penny all day because he's such a dynamic rusher and has a plus matchup (Atl has been middle of the road v the run), but his volume has been disappointing. 15 opportunities in week one when Walker III was out and 6 rushes, 0 targets last week (Walker had 4 rush & 3 targets). Penny may (MAY!) be in a full blown timeshare, or a 60:40 split in his favor on a low scoring, low volume offense. The Seahawks should win this game IMO but I think they win, and lose, most games ugly this season.

Wilson, IMO, is the safest (and smartest option). He can't salvage a bad game by housing a 60 yard score like Penny can, but he should be good for 18 opportunities (maybe more) and has the best shot at a short yardage score. In fact, he has shown that because of short yardage TD opportunities his ceiling is actually pretty high. It sucks to be in Denver (maybe) but the Denver D has faced two very poor offenses so far (#31 & #30 yardage; 30th & 27th scoring) this season. They may not be so good and the team looks like it could implode.

Wilson>Pierce>Penny

10 team PPR

Which Flex should I start:

Zeke vs Giants
or

Lockett vs Atl?

Zeke has not really been worthy of the start here but?
IMO you can rely less on Lockett's week-in-week-out opportunities than Zeke's. It's really that simple IMO. And even with Cooper Rush I think the Dallas offense is better than Seattle's.

Zeke>Lockett

Herbert agains the Jags assuming he gets the injection and plays. I’m just terrified that he won’t make it through the game.

or

This should not be such a tough decision. I hate predicting the extent of injury and the impact it may have on a player. Herbert is one of the 5 best QBs in the NFL, and he should remain that for the next 7-8 years (at least). Herbert could throw 30 TDs by accident. And a rib cartilage injury is no joke for a QB, but he still threw some amazing passes last week after the injury.

Lawrence may be a generational talent but he hasn't shown anything on the field to suggest he's ready to hold Herbert's water bottle yet. However he does have the edge of mobility this week, and maybe this week alone. I doubt Herbert rushes for much of anything this week, it's just too big of a risk. I also expect the Chargers to at least try to run the ball a lot more this week.

Yeah, close call. The plus side is you will at least know if Herbert even plays before having to make your decision final this week. For me, this is a real coin toss.

Herbert>Lawrence

0.5 ppr pick my two flex plays

Conner (dortch if he's ruled out after early games start)
Juju
Moore
Dobbins

Have Conner and Juju in right now.

Don't trust Moore against a good defense and want to see Dobbins first before I play him

Who do you like as the last flex starter in a PPR guillotine league?
Was in bottom third last week so need some points…
R Gage vs GB
R Doubs @ TB
B Perriman vs GB
R James vs DAL
M Hollins @ TEN (Renfrow out)
:x
I'm honestly not sure what a guillotine league is.

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH @Lehigh98 's question?
Lowest scoring team is kicked out of the league and their players go on waivers. So the goal each week is just to not finish last.

For anyone interested:
FBG Guillotine Article
Guillotine League Strategy Thread

Flex spot: Marquise, Dotson, Henderson, Zeke, Olave
Tougher call here. You cold go a lot of different directions. I take Zeke over Henderson and Marquise over Dotson (barely) so those two guys are out IMO.

I do like Olave for upside but there is still some uncertainty there about his volume. Week one was a lot different than week 2. Also Jameis is wounded and Kamara is playing so I can't confidently recommend Olave this week.

Between Marquise and Zeke it's really about your preferences. Zeke is going to average around 15 opportunities per game with upside for more. I think the Cowboys will continue to run their offense through the backfield until Dak gets back and Rush has proven efficient enough to make defenses pay if they overcommit to the run. The downside is the Giants are playing good, ugly football. They are fringe top 10 on defense so far (faced two mediocre offenses though) but vulnerable to the run.

Marquise has been a disappointment but maybe last week lit a fire under the Cardinal team. The Rams have been middle of the pack on yardage defense and are giving up 29 points per game. There should be opportunities for scoring this week. He's getting almost 9 targets/game and has a decent chance for deep looks and red zone looks.

It's a real toss up IMO. I think, push comes to shove, Marquise just has a far bigger ceiling and a similar floor.

Marquise>Zeke

R Gage vs GB
R Doubs @ TB
B Perriman vs GB
R James vs DAL

Lowest scoring team is kicked out of the league and their players go on waivers. So the goal each week is just to not finish last.

For anyone interested:
FBG Guillotine Article
Gotcha. Doesn't help inform my decision at all. What you have are a bunch of random variables and the goal is to use the pattern recognition machine that is the human brain to try and square that circle.

Honestly I am not sure I can.

Gage or Perriman are probably the smart play. No Evans, no Godwin, very possibly no Julio and Perriman was also dinged up. I expect a heavy dose of Fournette but Gage (and Perriman) should be getting the lion's share of the targets. Gage is being used more as a security blanket on high % throws but he should have a bigger route tree with all the WR injuries. Perriman has been more of a deep threat (15 yard ADOT) so he is definitely a big play waiting to happen. He should also get plenty of looks.

Really, I think it's a coin flip between these two. I kind of like the upside of Perriman and I think this week he may have a reasonable floor. But if Julio does suit up I lean Gage because his targets are generally much higher percentage ones.

Perriman>Gage but, seriously go with your gut here because I'm just making a WAG.

Half PPR follow up question from earlier in the week, need 1 flex:

Samuel vs Eagles
Dobbins @ Pats
Allen (Q, Herbert doubtful) vs Jags (afternoon)
JRob (Q) @ Clippers (afternoon)
Zeke @ Giants (MNF)

Seems to me to be an easy take the Samuel now, Dobbins likely to be at best 50/50 of touches, Allen's situation not great if active, Robinson is an option with a pivot to Zeke if needed I guess?

or

FTR I am not liking what I am reading about Herbert so far this morning.

12 team PPR. 0-2 after having 4th most pts in the league through 2 weeks, but giving up the most PA by far. Need a win to right the ship.

QB - Stafford or Tua against a depleted Bills D? Mind says Stafford, but...

WR2 - Curtis Samuel or Tee Higgins

Have J. Taylor as RB1, J. Williams as my Flex, and Kelce as TE.
Unless you are in a very unique league format, you can't control points. Get it out of your head and don't let it cloud your judgement.

Stafford over Tua is fine. He probably has a safer floor and a decent ceiling (3TDs & 350 yards or so). The Arizona D is probably not the team we saw in the second half last week and this may turn into a high scoring game.

Weather in Miami looks like 87 degrees ATM with 65-70% humidity. Feels like 101 on the field. Weather reports are highly speculative (anyone in Miami ATM @Ministry of Pain ?) as many of learned the hard way last Thurs but if those reports are correct it's going to be brutal. I still like Tua to perform but he has more stacked against him relative to Stafford.

Stafford>Tua

Samuel v Tee is also a coin flip. The Bengals look a mess ATM and the Jets give up points in bunches. They're surprisingly not terrible against the pass but that may be because they ayed Cleveland. The Bengals have been passing a ton but have also been terribly inefficient at it. But they have to right the ship, right?

OTOH I love what Samuel is doing and how much volume is coming out of Washington but it does feel like a touch matchup and we all wonder if Samuel may be a mirage.

Yeah, this is a real go with your gut situation.

My W.A.G. is

Samuel>Tee but it's very close
Hot weather all day, rained all day yesterday, probably muggy but it's not going to be heavy winds and rain from what I saw.
Yesterday however at Hard Rock, there were vids on Twitter, entire tents toppled over, no place to hide and stay dry.

Half PPR follow up question from earlier in the week, need 1 flex:

Samuel vs Eagles
Dobbins @ Pats
Allen (Q, Herbert doubtful) vs Jags (afternoon)
JRob (Q) @ Clippers (afternoon)
Zeke @ Giants (MNF)

Seems to me to be an easy take the Samuel now, Dobbins likely to be at best 50/50 of touches, Allen's situation not great if active, Robinson is an option with a pivot to Zeke if needed I guess?
I absolutely agree. Samuel may be a mirage but, IDK I think it isn't and he may be this year's Cordarrelle. Probably lower ceiling than Cordarrelle last year because there is a lot of receiving talent in Washington, but I love how they have been using him.

Samuel>The Field

10 Team PPR

Aiyuk vs Den

OR

Lockett vs ATlanta
Aiyuk>Lockett

Not really close for me. I love Lockett but that is a low volume, low scoring team that can't support two magic football receivers in the same week. This could easily be a DK week.

No on is happier that Lance got injured than Aiyuk (and his magic football managers), he'll get decent volume (6-8 targets) from a competent QB. Plus he and Deebo don't really vulture each other because of the different ways they use Deebo

12 team PPR. 0-2 after having 4th most pts in the league through 2 weeks, but giving up the most PA by far. Need a win to right the ship.

QB - Stafford or Tua against a depleted Bills D? Mind says Stafford, but...

WR2 - Curtis Samuel or Tee Higgins

Have J. Taylor as RB1, J. Williams as my Flex, and Kelce as TE.
Unless you are in a very unique league format, you can't control points. Get it out of your head and don't let it cloud your judgement.

Stafford over Tua is fine. He probably has a safer floor and a decent ceiling (3TDs & 350 yards or so). The Arizona D is probably not the team we saw in the second half last week and this may turn into a high scoring game.

Weather in Miami looks like 87 degrees ATM with 65-70% humidity. Feels like 101 on the field. Weather reports are highly speculative (anyone in Miami ATM @Ministry of Pain ?) as many of learned the hard way last Thurs but if those reports are correct it's going to be brutal. I still like Tua to perform but he has more stacked against him relative to Stafford.

Stafford>Tua

Samuel v Tee is also a coin flip. The Bengals look a mess ATM and the Jets give up points in bunches. They're surprisingly not terrible against the pass but that may be because they ayed Cleveland. The Bengals have been passing a ton but have also been terribly inefficient at it. But they have to right the ship, right?

OTOH I love what Samuel is doing and how much volume is coming out of Washington but it does feel like a touch matchup and we all wonder if Samuel may be a mirage.

Yeah, this is a real go with your gut situation.

My W.A.G. is

Samuel>Tee but it's very close
Hot weather all day, rained all day yesterday, probably muggy but it's not going to be heavy winds and rain from what I saw.
Yesterday however at Hard Rock, there were vids on Twitter, entire tents toppled over, no place to hide and stay dry.
Thank you sir. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

I am not as concerned about the rain or wind as I am in it feeling like a sauna on the field. These guys are going to be spent by the 4th quarter.

PPR, son's league

Flex-RB Tony Pollard or JuJu Smith Schuster

I honestly am scratching my head here. I like Dallas and the momentum they created last week, Giants are undefeated, maybe not a high scoring football game but I imagine the RBs for Dallas will be heavily involved.
JJSS seems ready to breakout, will it be vs the Colts this week? KC has limited option passing and from my notes, JJSS is taking up the slot area.

10 Team PPR

Aiyuk vs Den

OR

Lockett vs ATlanta
Aiyuk>Lockett

Not really close for me. I love Lockett but that is a low volume, low scoring team that can't support two magic football receivers in the same week. This could easily be a DK week.

No on is happier that Lance got injured than Aiyuk (and his magic football managers), he'll get decent volume (6-8 targets) from a competent QB. Plus he and Deebo don't really vulture each other because of the different ways they use Deebo
Thanks !!

Juju
Moore
Dobbins

Don't trust Moore against a good defense and want to see Dobbins first before I play him
DJ Moore is a proven WR, I understand Mayfield and their offense creeps you out. Sometimes the Stars had a good game and remind us why we were happy to have them prior to the current season. Moore is capable of having a strong outing most weeks, but with Mayfield it limits him and I also feel Rhule is in over his head.

JuJu is starting, good snap count, playing the slot, Indy has to win today, could be good amount of points out there.

Dobbins I would sit, Baltimore running game is awful outside of their QB.

Like AZ almost anything right now. Dortch isn't a bad option, like Conner if he plays.

Juju
Moore
Dobbins

DJ Moore is a proven WR, I understand Mayfield and their offense creeps you out. Sometimes the Stars had a good game and remind us why we were happy to have them prior to the current season. Moore is capable of having a strong outing most weeks, but with Mayfield it limits him and I also feel Rhule is in over his head.

JuJu is starting, good snap count, playing the slot, Indy has to win today, could be good amount of points out there.

Like AZ almost anything right now. Dortch isn't a bad option, like Conner if he plays.

I agree with all that but you didn't choose two haha

PPR, son's league

I honestly am scratching my head here. I like Dallas and the momentum they created last week, Giants are undefeated, maybe not a high scoring football game but I imagine the RBs for Dallas will be heavily involved.
JJSS seems ready to breakout, will it be vs the Colts this week? KC has limited option passing and from my notes, JJSS is taking up the slot area.

Seems super close and don't think you can make a bad choice here, both players seem fairly level in terms of expectation. Opponent specific I think - Pollard if you need a safer floor, Juju if you need upside

12 team - half ppr - 1 QB league

Marcus Mariotta vs Justin fields

I am stuck streaming them until I get Watson back. I like the upside of Fields but I don't have any confidence the bears are going to actually open up the playbook and do anything more than run the ball.

Full ppr, pick one for RB2

Patterson vs Sea
Zeke vs NYG
Dobbins vs NE
Edmonds vs Buff

Starting Patterson over Zeke as of now for his ceiling, but tempted to play Dobbins with Drake now being out. My gut still says sit Dobbins until we see his play/usage.

PPR, son's league

JuJu will have big games for sure but I am not sure it is something that will be sustainable week-to-week. This feels like a whack-a-mole situation where MVS, Hardman & JuJu will all have the opportunity for a big game. Maybe this is JuJu's week, but I can't say that with any sort of logic to defend the position.

Pollard is also a gamble but I would argue he has as much upside as anyone. He's exactly the kind of player who can salvage a mediocre day by housing a 60+ yarder. But I don't think he will necessarily have to rely on the big play. I think Dallas is running their offense through the RBs and they are actually being a little creative in using Pollard. It could/should be an ugly game but I think Pollard is in line for 12 or so opportunities with a shot at 15-17 and a score.

Both are a gamble, but my money is on

Pollard>JuJu

Juju
Moore
Dobbins

I agree with all that but you didn't choose two haha
Arizona
DJ Moore
JJSS

In that order today

R Gage vs GB
R Doubs @ TB
B Perriman vs GB
R James vs DAL

For anyone interested:
FBG Guillotine Article
I think you should be looking for the safest floor, which is probably Perriman or James - but that's a WAG

Juju
Moore
Dobbins

I think you go with Conner here because, if anyone has a shot at a score it's him and, last I heard he was practicing.

Kenyan Drake is inactive, which definitely bodes well for Dobbins. Maybe he was ready two weeks ago and they were just being ultra-cautious. But he still is such an unknown it's tough to rely on him.

DJ is a good player and there is nothing wrong with rolling out talent. It has been a low volume offense, but there are really only three targets in Carolina. I wish it didn't feel like the Panther receivers were all TD dependent but it kind of does at this point in the season. It's also a tough defense they're facing.

JuJu will have big games for sure but I am not sure it is something that will be sustainable week-to-week. This feels like a whack-a-mole situation where MVS, Hardman & JuJu will all have the opportunity for a big game. Maybe this is JuJu's week, but I can't say that with any sort of logic to defend the position.

If Conner doesn't play Dortch seems like a solid fill in. He has been fun to watch. But I am not certain about Rondale Moore's status.

Yeah, this is a gut check for sure. I lean

Conner>JuJu>Dobbins>DJ but any one of these guys could lead the way.

I am stuck streaming them until I get Watson back. I like the upside of Fields but I don't have any confidence the bears are going to actually open up the playbook and do anything more than run the ball.
Wow.

Uhhhhhhhhh...wow.

No one is throwing less than the Bears and it's not even close. All but two teams have thrown twice as many passes as Chicago. There is a correction coming, probably this week, but how many passes does that make? From 14 to 21 attempts? 24 attempt ceiling? Obviously you have to account for rushing usage but Marcus is rushing just as much and doing it more effectively.

I hate the matchup in Seattle but

Mariota>Fields

Full ppr, pick one for RB2

Patterson vs Sea
Zeke vs NYG
Dobbins vs NE
Edmonds vs Buff

Starting Patterson over Zeke as of now for his ceiling, but tempted to play Dobbins with Drake now being out. My gut still says sit Dobbins until we see his play/usage.
I would be tempted to play Dobbins to but I agree with your gut.

I also agree with your gut on Zeke v Patterson

Zeke>Patterson>Dobbins>Edmonds

Hockenson cleared on the injury report, I’ve changed my mind and am starting Hock over Thomas. He’s had the most targets of my options so imma give him one more chance. Plus I’ve already got Wentz going, and want to diversify. Vikings are bad against the TE, too.

I never make the right choice when I change my lineup last minute, so everyone should absolutely start Thomas today.

Wow.

Uhhhhhhhhh...wow.

No one is throwing less than the Bears and it's not even close. All but two teams have thrown twice as many passes as Chicago. There is a correction coming, probably this week, but how many passes does that make? From 14 to 21 attempts? 24 attempt ceiling? Obviously you have to account for rushing usage but Marcus is rushing just as much and doing it more effectively.

I hate the matchup in Seattle but

Mariota>Fields
Thanks Chaka. Yeah, I'm not in an envious position. :(

Edmonds or Dobbins at the flex in 1/2 PPR? Thanks
I have been fading Dobbins this week and I came into the season very high on Edmonds. We have no data on Dobbins and the data on Edmonds is all over the map. Maybe this is a big usage week for him, maybe not. Who knows? I think you should view these two from the perspective that you need a big play from Edmonds to make him viable and Dobbins needs a short TD to be viable.

From that perspective

Dobbins>Edmonds

Hockenson cleared on the injury report, I’ve changed my mind and am starting Hock over Thomas. He’s had the most targets of my options so imma give him one more chance. Plus I’ve already got Wentz going, and want to diversify. Vikings are bad against the TE, too.

I never make the right choice when I change my lineup last minute, so everyone should absolutely start Thomas today.
I agreed with that choice earlier in the thread and I still do.

Which, Thomas > Hock?
Or Hock > Thomas?

Which, Thomas > Hock?
Or Hock > Thomas?
Hockensen>Thomas

Crack a beer and take a deep breath, it's all good.

Which, Thomas > Hock?
Or Hock > Thomas?
Hockensen>Thomas

Crack a beer and take a deep breath, it's all good.
Ah, yeah - I wish I could crack a beer. Working my FM booth.

I mean, technically I could crack a beer if I had one, but it would be frowned upon by market management.

Sorry everyone, I have to bow out early. I should be available for afternoon game kickoffs.

Good luck and remember, as always, when it comes to free advice, you get what you pay for. ;)

Full PPR:

Perriman (home vs GB) vs Noah Brown (at NYG). Seems like Perriman is going to be leaned on vs Brown who might lose ~30% of his opportunity to a returning Gallup.

Different league, also full PPR.

Mike Williams home vs Jax (though may be with the backup QB) vs Damien Pierce at CHI (1:00 start so I need to decide very soon). Chicago's porous run d might be Pirece's breakout. Feels like a tossup.

I need two out of these three (PPR, 6 pt TD, bonuses @ 100 yards/10 rec)

J Rob @ LAC
J Williams v. SF
J Wilson @ DEN

Full PPR:

Perriman (home vs GB) vs Noah Brown (at NYG). Seems like Perriman is going to be leaned on vs Brown who might lose ~30% of his opportunity to a returning Gallup.

I agree about Perryman. I’d go with him.
Different league, also full PPR.

Mike Williams home vs Jax (though may be with the backup QB) vs Damien Pierce at CHI (1:00 start so I need to decide very soon). Chicago's porous run d might be Pirece's breakout. Feels like a tossup.
This is the week to start pierce, but they’re both good options, IMO.

Would anyone start Tua over Hurts given Buffalo's ailing secondary? I'm still planning on starting Hurts. But it makes me think about it.
No. Tua has as high of a ceiling as anyone. Heck, he may finish top 5 this season but Hurts is one of those guys who has a legit chance to finish as the #1 scoring QB in magic football. Plus the Washington defense has been a sieve so far this season (27th in yards overall, 21st in passing yards, 28th in rushing yards, 29th in scoring).

Hurts>Tua
The handshake emoji on your post was for giving input. These ones are for the results: 🤝🤝🤝🤝

Herbert seems to be talented but I don't know that he has a defined role in Chicago. Lots of people suggest Montgomery is pedestrian and Herbert will take over but that just isn't what the coaching staff is seeing, judging by snap counts and usage stats. This is Monty's team by a wide margin. Herbert hasn't become the receiving back yet and he is barely spelling Montgomery. It's tough to tell because it's only week 3 so we can't bank on the lack of usage. In addition the Texans represent an opportunity for the Bears to grab a win they should be able to handle. So maybe Herbert gets some love, but I'm not confident in that yet.

Agreed it was the right call to leave him on the bench today

I hate this hobby

Users who are viewing this thread